Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Red Rabbit

Original poster
[Modern] [Horror] [Mystery] [Survival]
RP Thread

Introduction

Halls, cells, and locked doors; The Wayward Insane Asylum is a labyrinth of twelve floors that is all too easy to get lost in the deeper you travel between its walls. A castle of sorts made from cement and metal, the Asylum stands an hours drive outside of a city in the middle of 50 gravel-filled acres. Its only protection is a ten foot electrical fence laced with barbed wire, mainly there for the purpose of keeping its inhabitants in. Here is the place where many people are being murdered and no one in the outside world seems to know anything about it. There are rumors floating about that the doctors are to blame, killing off patients and embezzling the money that the government gives to W.I.A per admitted persons. The sadistic doctors let deaths go unannounced, the abusive orderlies don’t care, the all-too happy nurses ignore facts, and the remaining patients are terrified. Will the rumors end up being true, or is there a more gruesome reason behind the murders? Can you survive your stay at W.I.A?

Hellos & More Info

Hi there! I’m Red Rabbit, but please, do call me R. I posted about W.I.A in the Jump In RP section a while back and I’d really like to have more people join in, so now it’s here! I’m aiming to get at least eight people (or characters) involved in the plot. I ask that the players be 17+ because there will be a lot of swearing, slight intimacy, torture, and a tasteful amount of gore. (What? Gore!? No one likes gore!) Personally, I like gore if done the right way, and there’s going to be murders so a bit of gore is necessary. You may play more than one character because some of you are going to die whether you’re a patient or a staff member! There will be a maximum of 2 Doctors and 2 Nurses.
**Please note that at this time I will not be accepting anymore Patient roles until there is more Staff Members to even it out a bit. Thank you for understanding.**
I have decided to play random Orderlies to keep the Staff:Patient ratio somewhat manageable.
((8/10 Patients - 2/2 Doctors - 0/2 Nurses - 1/3 Orderlies))
The roles of Orderlies will still be open to apply to nonetheless.
If you have any questions, ask away!

Rules
I’ll make this as painless as possible, I promise!​

1. All Iwaku Rules Apply.

2. Players must be 17+
Characters may be 18-36.

3. There is no escaping the facility.
Once you’re in- you’re in. The lower floors (1-5) all have bars secured to the windows. If you jump from a floor
(6-12) you will either break some bones or die. If you manage to make it out to the electrical fence, you will be electrocuted and retrieved!

4. One paragraph per post.
(5-7 Sentences) is the minimum requirement for each post, but more is always welcome!

5. Rooms may be shared between two characters of the same gender.
If you’re a staff member, you may not share a room with a patient.

6. No Godmoding or Metagaming!

7. You may have two characters.
They cannot both be a doctor or a patient, and so on.

8. Proper punctuality and spelling.
You don’t have to be perfect, but please try your best.

9. Leave no player behind!
It’s alright to post more than once a day, but don’t rapidly post between you and one other person. It’s a group RP, so participate with everyone in mind!

10. Keep OOC comments in the OOC Thread.

11. Have fun and enjoy yourselves!
While you're alive anyway.

Character Sheets

-PATIENT-

Name:

Patient Number:
Four Digits. Patient Numbers start with 5-9.
Example- #9575

Mental Illness and Symptoms:

Personality:

Looks:
(Picture and/or Description)

Why were you admitted here?:
(Optional)

Extras:
(Optional)

-ORDERLY/NURSE/DOCTOR/OTHER-

Name:

Staff Number:
Four Digits. Staff Numbers start with 1-4.
Example- #1739

Personality:

Looks:
(Picture and/or Description)

Why are you working for W.I.A?:
(Optional)

Extras:
(Optional)

[dash=red][rainbow]*[/rainbow]Note[rainbow]*[/rainbow]
Would you like to be something other than a Patient, Orderly, Nurse, or Doctor? The Wayward Insane Asylum could always use a few extra murder vict… I mean, Staff Members! You could be a Cook, Counsellor, maybe a Psychiatrist to prescribe some medication to our patients. If that interests you, shoot me a message and I’ll let you know if the role you’re curious about would be viable.​
Morbidly Yours,
-RxЯ
[/dash]

STAFF & PATIENT FILES OF W.I.A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Patient-
Name:
Cateline L. Bloom
Patient Number:
Mental Illness & Symptoms:
Schizophrenia.
Auditory and Visual Hallucinations, Disorganized Behavior, Delusions.
Personality:
Cateline is sarcastic, morbid, and mostly uncaring. She swears constantly due to the fact she has little to no social skills, and becomes physically violent when others touch her. Often refers to herself as 'Nothing' and is sometimes self abusive during hallucinations. She always has something to say whether or not her input is wanted.
Looks:
286.png

Cateline is bony from her multiple refusals to eat and has caramel colored eyes along with a pair of light blue rimmed glasses. She's 5 feet tall, give a few centimeters, and underweight at 88 pounds.
Reason for Admittance:
Cateline was admitted to Wayward Insane Asylum for murdering her older sister and stabbing her younger brother in the chest. Her single mother was found bound up and starved half to death in the attic.
Extras:
She can be very inappropriate and bites at whoever she thinks deserves it, thus gaining the nickname 'Piranha'. Easily persuaded into anything with sweets.
Name: Alice Dunn

Patient Number: #6754

A severe form of Schizoaffective disorder, Manic. - A disorder characterized by A bit of Schizophrenia and a Mood Disorder, but not clearly fitting into a either one. She experiences deregulated emotions and abnormal thought processes, often in a Manic state, along with auditory hallucinations, the occasional visual one, and paranoid delusions such as sometimes believing everyone is out to get her.

Suffers from Sociopathic tendencies, namely the seeming lack of a conscious and the justification of her actions using logic.

Personality:
Alice at first could come off as an extremely friendly girl. Outgoing, friendly, and a bit flirty. She seems, completely and perfectly normal, and her bright personality at first would make it seem like she didn't belong. That is, until you read her file - you wouldn't want to get in ten feet of her if you did. She seems to take some perverse joy in killing things, and watching things dying. She doesn't sleep much, as she doesn't need it, or at least thinks she doesn't.

She doesn't handle arguing or violence well. Well, when the violence is not being administrated by her.

She likes sweets, caffeine, and anything that can make her 'feel better'.

Looks:
Alice Dunn.jpg
She usually has a smile plastered on her face, which hardly ever goes away. She doesn't dress to stand out, her personality does that well enough on its own. She usually wears a plain white t-shirt with frills on the sleeves, with a comfortable pair of jeans. She has red hair with bright green eyes.

Alice had a loving family, more or less with a mother, father, and an older brother. They used to be a happy little family. The grumpy dad, tired mother, the crazy kids, and the annoying pet that never listened. Well, one day her mom and dad started arguing. She just wanted everyone to start being nice again. So, she decided to do it.

The police found the mother, dad, and brother, and her all seated around the dining room table having a tea party.

The family pet was impaled on a kitchen knife and stuck in the middle of the table.

She had killed them. Stabbed each of them easily fifty times or more. What was she doing? Sitting at the head of the table talking to them.

She was apprehended and admitted at the age of 14.

Extras:
She gets addicted to things easily, as such they have to be careful with her medications, if she ever gets any.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Christopher Blake
Staff Number: #3569

Personality:
Chris, appears to be a rather disgruntled, somewhat gruff doctor. He's generally not too nice, to start with. But that's just because he doesn't really like to get close to the patients. Two reasons - that's probably not the healthiest thing for a long life, and two, it lets him distance himself from them. That said, he's good at his job and will take care of each of them to the best of his abilities.

As for abusive orderlies and everyone else...that's not his concern, and its best if he doesn't get involved.

Looks:
6a568099bb3d93fc2c1facca521a89da8f7d9a9c.png

He stands a bit taller than normal, and wears doctors scrubs when he's on duty. Normally carries sedatives, medication, and other things with him so he can have access to them in a pinch.

He wants to help people, if he can. As a journalist and Private Investigator, he wants to expose WIA for what it really is, so the people can get the help they need. He just needs to compile compelling evidence and proof without getting caught.

Extras:
Christopher Blake, is not actually a doctor. Well, he is, he has a degree for it and journalism. A weird combination, huh? Journalism was actually his fallback plan should his dream of becoming a doctor fail. Which it did. What's he doing in WIA? He's a private investigator hired by a private benefactor to expose the truth to the lies of the rumors surrounding the place. He had a degree, and it was easy enough to fabricate a the necessary papers.
R E I N I E R K I S S I K
[ Pronounced Rey-nee-ehr ]
P A T I E N T N U M B E R

A G E
G E N D E R
Male

M E N T A L I L L N E S S & S Y M P T O M S
A sociopath who is triggered by his severe OCD (Obsessive Compulsive disorder)
Reinier has an obsession for perfection, flawless arrangement and symmetry stemming from his deep-rooted past. To him, most things in sight need to be fixed or cleaned, if not he will start to twitch, At first lightly but can escalate into a seizure. Anyone that gets in the way of his perfection will need to be 'dealt' with in his mind.

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Reinier sees every patient, doctor, wall or floor tile as a project. His plan is to slowly perfect the asylum or at least make it livable for however long he is to stay there. When he needs, Reiner will manipulate the people and situations around him he's a very self-serving kind of person. Reiner is extremely delusional, what he wants to believe becomes true to him, he is 'never' wrong, he never feels guilt. His obsession makes him undesirable as a friend to those who see that side of him, and it is probably safer that way.

L O O K S
2lj27ar.jpg

Height- 6'1"
Weight- 175 lbs
Tattoos- none {too unsymmetrical}
Scars- Deep bite mark on his left cheek, received from Cateline Bloom
Build- Tall, decently toned

R E A S O N F O R A D M I T T A N C E
On November 22nd 2013 two bodies were discovered side by side in the residence of one Reinier Kissik, as the police entered the apartment they reported the room as smelling terrible but unnaturally neat. The room appeared completely symmetrical, as if Reinier had purchased two of every piece of furniture and faced it across from each other, in the center of the room lay Chris and Marshal Blackett. Twins who had been missing for nearly a week. Not only were their carcasses sprawled across the floor mirror-like with the room and all of their teeth removed, but there was no blood, anywhere. The killer claimed they were 'Liars! Both of them, telling me they were identical! Hah. Their teeth didn't match.When they refused my assistance I had to do what was necessary'. With cold eyes and no remorse he was sent away and admitted to the Wayward Insane Asylum on January 24th 2014.

E X T R A S
Reinier feels his murders were justified, after all he let them find the bodies, he wanted to be sent here. His few purposes in life consist of ridding the world of the non-symmetrical and finding an ally. But recently something or someone has interrupted him, the mysterious deaths make him uneasy about living under this 'toxic' roof.

A large factor that has added to Reinier being a psychopath is his high pain tolerance, basically he cannot feel pain, this has led his to do tremendously morbid things to others (ex. puling out their teeth) He doesn't feel pain therefore he cannot relate with anyone he harms or tortures.
Name: Caleb James Norwill
Patient Number: #8398

Period of Detention: Three Years

Appears to bear symptoms of:
Most prominently, Caleb suffers from Paranoid Type Schizophrenia, and has for a multitude of years. And with this, he is routinely effected by Post-Schizophrenic Depression; a depressive episode arising in the aftermath of a schizophrenic episode where some low-level schizophrenic symptoms may still be present. Due to the effects of his Schizophrenia, he finds himself struggling with the common problems a patient suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder would, albeit at a heightened extreme. As well, Caleb suffered from, prior to his powers, cystic fibrosis.

Appearance:
Caleb is a distinctively short, small man. He has a pale, drawn face, with long features, and a narrow, but still strong jaw. His eye sockets appear heavily bruised, with dark blue-purple circles around them. The eyes themselves are a light blue-green, which, in dark light, appear more green than blue. In-between his eyes, at the start of the bridge of his nose, he has an old, prominent scar. Caleb’s wavy hair comes down to his shoulders, and is the colour of paper; a greyish yellow, with more white in it than any other distinctive hue. He has a few stray clumps of wispy white-blonde facial hair that is grown unevenly His cheeks are dotted and pitted with various small scars, and around the length of his neck he has a heavily scabbed over, dark-grey line, like an old bruise. There are similar lines down his left arm. He habitually wrings his wrists, interlaces and unlaces his fingers, habitually rubs the sides of his hands and tugs at his fingers. Prone to hiding his face by either bowing it, or covering it with his hands.
tumblr_mm4b69yShe1qcgzbvo2_r1_500.png

Personality:
Nervous in demenour, Caleb tends to keep his words cautious and careful, though outbursts of passion or anger are not entirely unanticipated upon the occasion that he is made to care about something. Most of the time, however, Caleb is a withdrawn individual who feels more comfortable having long discourses wit himself than he is with others. He clings to the delusions brought upon him by his Schizophrenia, and very quickly succumbs to fits of depression. Often self deprecating, his tone is often flat and numb, and when he is not making a claim about something he deeply believes, he has a tendency to mumble.; perhaps mirroring his opinion of most people's insights into his character. He knows that he is ill, unusual in most patients with his set of conditions, but it has led to enough tragedy in his life for him to realize that he is not like most people ; and unfortunately, that the world might be better off without him.

History:
Caleb's story is one of unfortunate happenstance. Caleb was born to a wealthy banking family, who had a modest cabin retreat that he spent most of his life in within the town of Astoria, Oregon. The banking company, headed by James Norwill, for who he is named, was considered to be the bank of the government, and the politicians of both the left and right sides. Caleb was a sickly, anemic child who grew up with his head in the clouds, and a desperate desire to escape the small, His relationship with his parents was strained at best, for while he was encouraged to take upon the family business as his own, his hopes and dreams drifted towards something else. Raised on stories of the military, fueled by American nationalistic pride in the wake of 9/11, Caleb wanted very badly to become an officer within the US Military - go to Westpoint and study with the greats. He devoured books on military history, even during his pre-teenage years. He often played 'army man' with his neighbor, Oliver Baines, who he swore to be blood brothers with. His parents did not approve of their son's ideas, and tried to push him towards the maths and sciences, and away from the military and the humanities. This only soured his relationship with them, and a souring for all of Astoria, Oregon.When he was seventeen, he finished high-school with good marks. He and Oliver ended up heading towards the East-Coast, and buying a flat together. Caleb began to form an obsession with a particular military unit, one of the first deployed to Afghanistan. His desire swiftly shifted towards being a member of the special task group that had been assigned there, and he became quite intent on making sure that he met all of the requirements of the Westpoint application, including meeting with a senator and spending days on the campus : all organized largely by himself, with support from Oliver. However, these were all in vain, as Caleb was afflicted with cystic fibrosis ; which prevented him from passing the qualifying medical examination. Nevertheless, he opted that he would join the military following a lung transplant intended to repair the damage done by his cystic fibrosis. A year later, while recovering in the hospital from the lung transplant, he met another patient, who had received a kidney transplant for a blood condition. She befriended him, and told him that her name was Brienne Crombeck. She very clearly was interested in him romantically, but Caleb was not ; leading her to believe he was gay, and that was why he was not currently enlisted. He explained, however, his predicament and his excitement that soon he would actually be able to enlist. Brienne, in love with him but neglected, expressed her doubts about the military's effectiveness, and ultimately planted the seed that would grow into an obsession; a comparison between him and Arthur Prince, a prominent member of one of the first strike team in Afghanistan. Arthur Prince had gone made, shot his unit, made a deal with extremists, and became one of the terrorists that the USA feared so much. She even commented that he looked a bit like him, pale skinned and watery eyed, blonde. Caleb had scoffed at the comparison, but it had haunted him. Brienne was soon released from the hospital, and Caleb was left with the news that the lung within him was rejecting - and that he would need to consider what to do with the rest of his time ; which had been cut quite short.Caleb opted to try and find whatever way possible that could enable him to survive longer ; in order to live out his military dream. And so, he went to Bangkok, in order to try and find some quasi-illegal way of continuing to survive. In Bangkok, he met a geneticist by the name of Micheal - also with the name of Crombeck- who explained that he had come up with an experimental treatment for such conditions, and offered Caleb the treatment ; provided that Caleb was willing to live with the consequences. Caleb for his part, was willing to try anything in order to cure his condition. He was administered the serum that Micheal provided, and soon enough became violently sick. When he came too, he found himself in a military hospital, mistaken for Arthur Prince, rather than himself. Micheal's serum had taken a toll upon his features, contorting them to look like Prince's, accentuating the commonalities they shared between them. The serum, whatever it had been, was the genetic qualities of the healthy Andrew Prince refined to his finest qualities. Not only that, but Micheal had inflicted the genes with superior qualities through his tampering ; most importantly, improved healing capabilities and effective immortality. A screw up. A miraculous accident out of a selfish desire to make a quick buck. Somehow, they had come into contact, somehow Micheal at gotten ahold of him, without knowing who he was, and had since needed somebody to sell to the US government for fame and fortune ; and Caleb was the unfortunate victim of circumstance. So, Caleb, gifted with new-found face and lungs, found himself at the mercy of the government that he had championed and wanted to be a part of. The CO (Martin Heights) at this particular facility saw no reason to keep Prince alive, and thought that he would be able to pass off the death as killed in action - while he personally got the glory of killing a nefarious terrorist. This led to an escape through the hospital, and Heights dead on the floor. Caleb had not died when Heights had stuffed his gun into his mouth ; he hadn't felt anything at all. He escaped the facility, running through the halls of the army hospital. Not knowing where to go, he poured through the hospital's records, and tried to find another patient to impersonate. After finding one file marked for a Tyson Ford, he suffocated the unfortunate man with a pillow and torched the hospital ; hiding all evidence of his involvement. Assuming the identity of Tyson Ford - he used Height's cellphone to call the US Embassy in Thailand, who he begged for a pick-up (not understanding that they would recognize him as Arthur Prince) claiming to be with the military. The Embassy came, and took him into custody as Arthur Prince ; but he managed to escape them as well ; shot with many bullets and wounded. However, another person came as well ; a woman who looked very much like Brienne. She came to him and explained that something had gone very wrong with him, and that her employers would be happy to treat Caleb for whatever was ailing him. Scared and uncertain of what he had become, Caleb agreed. She was affiliated with the Facility, and took him into their 'care'. Much of this has involved experiments upon his body's healing mechanisms and the effectiveness of indoctrination techniques. Given his volatile emotional state, Caleb took to indoctrination quickly, and soon began to disassociate himself from Caleb Norwill ; the pain and degradation he faced at the hands of his captors wiped away Caleb Norwill, and the only thing left was Arthur Prince. He struggles with the concept of identity, and because of the brutality he has seen and done, and the brutality he BELIEVES he has seen and done ; his mind has effectively collapsed in on itself.

Notes;As a result of his treatment for cystic fibrosis and the genetic meddling that was put into place by Dr Micheal Crombeck, Caleb suffers from a nonharmful, but similar to cancerous regeneration: He heals rapidly, recovering from even very serious injuries. This is due to his cells replicating excessively when damage is done, in a panic response. This does not, however, mean he does not feel pain ; it merely means that he has become largely unaffected by most mortal needs - and obtaining death is far more difficult. He finds this to be throughly disagreeable.
-Doctor-

-Name-
Dr. Jakobus Van Vuuren

-Staff Number-
-Age-

-Gender-
Male

-Personality-
To the outside world, Jakobus is a kind and outgoing but professional doctor working at the asylum. He is charismatic, humorous, patient, and has many a story to tell from his old home in South Africa, and he seems genuinely interested in helping his patients. In truth, deep down, Jakobus is a psychopath, with no kind of moral sense whatsoever. He knows this, he even gave himself the diagnose. But he is not a violent or cruel man, as he is unusually social for someone with his condition, and prefers people when they are alive and healthy. Still, even though he has never killed another person, he would have no trouble doing it if it came down to it. For most of his life, Jakobus has had an interest in psychology, more specifically in mental illnesses, and has worked at one other mental asylum before coming to Wayward, where he studied the minds of the patients as much as he treated them, with his motivation lying in the studying rather than the treating. In his bedroom, he keeps a book where he has written down his observations of the human mind.

-Looks-
Koizumi.Itsuki.full.1047709.jpg

-Why are you working for W.I.A?-
Due to his fascination with psychology and the human mind, as well as the facility's reputation, Jakobus travelled all the way from his home in Cape Town, South Africa in order to work and study more freely with and on the broken and disarrayed minds housed within. Plus, it paid better than any option he could find in South Africa.

-Extras-
Jakobus is a fluent speaker in English, Afrikaans and Zulu. His favourite patient is Alice Dunn, part due to her cheerful and friendly manner, part due to his fascination with the contrast provided by her murderous tendencies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-PATIENT-

-Name-
John Bouley

-Patient Number-
-Age-

-Gender-
Male

-Mental Illness and Symptoms-
Dissociative Identity Disorder, insomnia caused by distress from said disorder

-Personality-
John has three distinct personalities - the original John, and then also Jill and Jack. All personalities are of equal age, and have agreed positions as first, second and third personality. Personalities switch unpredictably, but no personality can be considered dominant of the three.

John, the core personality, could be described as a self-deprecating intellectual, and the more logical and patient of the three personalities within him. He likes reading and writing, having published two somewhat successful novels. He is usually calm and collected, and polite with people who treat him with respect. but also quite cynical and negative, especially about himself and his own abilities. He is considered the first personality.

The second personality, Jill, is a more artistic person, spending most of her time in her room drawing and painting, having been given the materials to do so. She is the most shy of the three, but polite and kind once you speak to her. She is overall a happy person, even if a bit reclusive, but often expresses a great amount of frustration and distress about being a woman in a man's body. She carries most of the characteristics that John repressed, such as being shy, being easily scared and easily starting to cry, due to it not being expected in him as a man, and she became female due to John's femininity which was repressed for the same reason. Jill doesn't like violence, and can sometimes start to cry during or after arguments between John and Jack, depending on when she regains control of their shared body.

Finally, Jack, the third personality, takes on the role of John's long missing ego. He is boasting, egoistic, rude, aggressive, foul-mouthed, and always strives to be the centre of attention and does not like when someone is better than him at something. He often tries to take credit for Jill's paintings and drawings, but Jill is sure to correct him, much to his chagrin. He is much easier to provoke than the other two, and often surfaces when any of the other personalities are introduced to stressful situations or arguments. He greatly desires to grow a beard, but Jill, to his irritation, constantly shaves off any stubble that appears.

-Looks-
large.jpg

Although he was not allowed to keep his tie, he mostly wears his white shirt and brown jeans. He has dark rings around his eyes caused by his insomnia, and he is always clean-shaven, as Jill always shaves as soon as any stubble appears.

-Why were you admitted here?-
John was not admitted to W.I.A., but was transferred there a few months after having been admitted to another asylum further to the northeast. His was admitted by his family after they had noticed how he constantly switched between personalities, and saw the distress it was causing him.

-Extras-
John has been allowed several things that many other patients are denied, such as pencils and razors, since he does not appear self-destructive or violent, and giving him sharp objects is not considered a risk. He has also organized his room to be divided between the three personalities, with one part holding books, one part having pencils, painting brushes, papers, canvases and other artistic materials, and the third part containing a few dumbbells. The bed, at request from all three personalities, has three different pillows of varying softness.

John is also a patient of Dr. Monica Lawrence, with whom John and Jill are on friendly terms, but Jack is a bit more edgy at her due to multiple rejected advances from him.
ELISSA Kay LACROIX
epd_blue.png

"They told me they could fix me, but I don't remember being broken..."
"Eli" - Elissa has hung around with boys for most of her life, being unable to find common ground with the girls of her age. Due to not liking the feminine ring her name held she insisted on being called Eli, and it simply stuck.
"Ellie" - A more feminine title in contrast to her preferred name. She was nicknamed it as a child and has always hated the overly childish ring to it.

epd_blue.png

|| Patient Number- #66313 || Age - Nineteen || Gender - Female || Bloodtype - A+ || Theme - Slow Burn - Atreyu ||

2ahekjp.jpg

Appearance
"It's what's on the inside that counts...?"
Elissa began as something of an ugly duckling, her high cheekbones, plump curved lips and heart sharped face, though lovely, did not seem to compliment each other overly well. She was often confused as a boy throughout childhood, her manner of dressing, inability to work up the nerve to correct those confused along with her favored nickname only made this belief stronger. The girls sharp chin stuck out in an unattractive manner until she was about fifteen, that was when she truly grew into her features and added a chest--small as it is-- and hips to her willowy thin frame. Now the dark haired girl stands at 5'7", with a narrow waist and slender legs that turn heads if matched with the right attire. Pale delicate skin, smooth to the touch, mildly red and medium sized lips are emphasized by long, silky and thick ebony locks cascade down her back, ending at her hips, they are usually tied back to reveal the nape of her neck. A witches lock, silver in color, begins at the hairline nearest her neck and travels downward. Thick black lashes surround her eyes and make them stand out, the irises themselves are a stormy gray with a silver-ish tint to them, at times they truly seem to be a glimpse into her crowded soul, and betray both wicked glints as well as innocent glances.
epd_blue.png

Mental Illness & Symptoms
[ DID - Dissociative Identity Disorder ]
"I've always hated two-faces, and here I thought God didn't have a sense of humor"
DID is often a result of physical, sexual or psychological abuse, Eli has experienced all of those in her lifetime, seeing as two of them often led to mental damage. It has resulted in six different identities within her, all vary in age, gender, personality and so on. A switch in personas is usually triggered by a glance in the mirror or with a glimpse of her reflection in a puddle or window perhaps. At first it was only then, but they seem to have frequented. Whenever the girl is feeling too emotionally strained it will trigger another face to suppress her struggling self. Usually when this happens she'll black out and wake up without a clue of what's going on. That was all she thought it was, black outs accompanied by strange actions on her part that she couldn't explain. She's prone to violence even in her own head, namely when doctors and nurses try to give her sedatives or shots. She simply doesn't want to be caught unaware or helpless with all the freaks around her.

Personality
"What's it to you?"
Elissa, the original tenant of her body, is one of the most timid of the lot, the girl has no self confidence
but she has always put on a tough facade in order to hide this. Years of various kinds of bullying both at home and at school caused her to build up a shell and toss sarcastic and biting commentary as a second nature defense mechanism. She acts arrogant or elevated in order to mask her insecurities and this mask eventually grew into something a bit more serious. Each character within her has their own personality, and all are aware of each other with the exception of Elissa herself. The ages range from a thirty year old woman to a ten year old boy. The eldest is known as Lana, and she is the most quiet of the lot, but is known to speak her mind when present, she is also the most rare to surface. Blaise is one who stands as a bit of a violent and firstly ball of fun, she is uncomfortable around all men. On the other hand Deziree has the mentality of a seventeen year old, she's the more promiscuous and flirty character that comes up. Roy is a ten year old who is sweet as they com, up until the point where what he wants is taken, in which case he can become quite bratty. Finally there is a set of twenty-something year old twins in her head. Sethos and Harper are the reason behind Elissa coming to the institution in the first place. They often share her body at the same time, and tend to argue with one another, making it look like Eli is having a loud argument with herself.

epd_blue.png

Reason For Admittance
"I didn't really do that... Did I...?"
At Halloween time nearly two years ago a string of murders was called in by a resident on Collin Street the morning after Samhain. The police arrived to find the LaCroix home strew with body parts, various pieces of several corpses were hung from the tree in the yard or covering the lawns, the heads of four individuals sat on the porch, hollowed out and lit like Jack-o-lanterns. The stench of rotting meat was faint but present and only grew worse as the sun rose higher in the sky. The victims consisted of the mother, father, older brother and boyfriend at the time, only the younger sibling of the girl remained unscathed and was found later on in the basement of the house with food, water and a grisly story to tell. Police stormed the home as the black haired killer drank her tea, she smiled at them warmly, finished her tea and was then taken into custody. She was dragged out, but as she passed her handiwork she was put into a fit of laughter, chuckling loudly and exclaiming that LaCroix home was certainly the most well decorated on the block by far. Video surveillance was captured and later shown to the girl in questioning, she in turn shielded her eyes and broke down sobbing, insisting she didn't remember anything. More questions continued and eventually she was determined to have serious mental illness, further tests determined what exactly was wrong with her and she was committed to Wayward Insane Asylum for further treatment.

There were also multiple cases of neighborhood pets going missing, and turning up pelt and flesh separate, making the saying 'more than one way to skin a cat' all too graphic. There was no evidence of it being Eli's fault, aside from the image of a cross being carved into each piece of 'artwork'.

Extra
"...I'm scared of just about everyone else here. They're freaking nuts!"
As with all serial killers, her alternate persons have thrown together a signature. As it stands, it is a cross, usually decently intricate. Her other selves also use this as an actual signature on their parts, instead of writing their individual names down they'll simply mark it with the holy symbol that coincides with her last name.

Her male persona, Sethos, seems to have quite the crush on one of the female inmates, and by crush I mean an urge to rip into the girls flesh--affectionately of course-- so that he can hear the pretty scream he fantasies about. He also wouldn't say no to a pleasant bloody corpse to cuddle.
-PATIENT-

Name: Kira Nightingale

Patient Number: #7013

Mental Illness and Symptoms: dependent personality disorder, split personality, hallucinations, narcisstic tendancies, self harming.

Personality: Kira is a very confident young man, but his confidence is more like the strong and silent type. Kira thinks himself to be better then most people, and sees anyone bellow him as filthy. he is however quite insecure deep down and will latch on to some people without them realising it, when that happens he becomes possive of the person. Kira has a pretty bad temper to boot, but he rarely shows it. when someone inrages him it brings out his spiteful side, and he'll try to make their lives a living hell. the thing though that keeps him in here is not the fact that he acts like a clingy and spoilt brat.. it's the fact that for some unknown reason he mutalates himself with anything he can get his hands on..

it is due to the strange ways of his personality that 'his mind split' and created two polor opposites. the narrcisis and the dependent, Kira however inaware of the split in his personality.

the narcistic side is where his narrcistic tendancies delve from, it's the side that loves itself and sees nearly everyone else as repulsive. naturally he's pretty dangerous when he's in this personality aspect.

the dependent side however is like a shy youth, unconfident and meak like a kitten. when in this mode he becames dependent on people-older people mainly. he has no confidence in himself in this personality mode.

however in both sides his self harming is still a dominant trait.

Looks:
fb336fca7e000319f49f938f1b8ab08bdca5dc66_r.jpg

(please ignore the wings and horns in picture, he doesn't have those..)

Why were you admitted here?: unknown.. he never speaks of it.

Extras: he loves his father waaay to much..
-ORDERLY PROFILE-

Name:
Vendetta Variska

Staff Number:

Nickname:
V.

Personality:

Mischievous
, Cunning, Bashful, Loud. She is very weird and sometimes very dark at times, her moods swinging from happy to deadly calm, however on the sly she can be considered a killer. On a lighter tune, she can be very nosy and curious about some patients and other associates she work with.
Looks:
ef539a69c8dfda25b1ddb65075a783fae84d65dc_large.jpg

Ms. V works at W.I.A because she likes to order people around and help out those with a sick mind. Funny yet sadly not true, she works at W.I.A to "help" them in another way. If she wasn't so smart, she would be in this very Asylum, but not as a Orderly, but as a patient. She likes the negative vibes of the place, feeding off the darkness and obscurity of the place and patients.
Extras:

At a very young age Ms. V was told by her parents, from a counselor, that she was a Psychopath. However V didn't understand at the time what that was. At the age of fifteen she killed her parents and for the finish touches, ripped their eyes out and hid them in a jar. She got away with it by saying it was self defense. She is quite the actor.

-PATIENT PROFILE-

Name:
MIKA
(MEE-KAH)

Nickname:
Smiley

Bipolar Disorder, which is the mood swings from happy, to sad, to mad, and back to happy. However in Mika case, it is just from happy to rage then back again then maybe sad. / Antisocial personality disorder, someone that starts fights, gets in trouble and lack of guilt. She has a lack for caring that she is violating people and starts fights as well as attempting to kill people on the sly, she is probably a psychopath.

Personality:
Always smiling and not giving away her true feelings. She is pretty much "happy" (to kill you) and then gets angry at the smallest thing. She doesn't care for others or even herself, could care less if she died today or tomorrow.

Looks:
She is rather tall, standing five feet tall and seven inches and her skin is a tan brown color. Irises are a dark brown and rather creepy when her pupils are dilated to almost mere pinpoints. Always smiles of course, teeth are straight but look somewhat jagged. Her hair is dark sandy red and a untamed long mane, however there is a shaved zig-zag in here head if you pull her hair back. She is rather thick and curvy, yet strong enough to snap someones arm.

Mika was admitted here because she killed her whole family, smearing their blood on the walls that said "Ju-Ju" and carving their innards out and shoving them down each other throats. However the police were told that she was abused as a child. Since no one would miss her, why not send her to Wayward Insane Asylum?

Extras:
Hates people touching her stuff and would more than gladly break their fingers to teach them a lesson. She seems friendly, but who would take that chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Im always up for a good horror RP~
I'll have a CS UP later probably~

Character Sheet
-Psychiatrist-
Name: Monica Lawrence
Personality: Monica is very kind hearted. She always see's the positive side of things and genuinly wants to help the patients at Wayward. Monica, although sweet, can hold her own. She doesn't like to be pushed around and will take control of a situation if she finds it necessary. She often takes on a motherly role when treating or interacting with her patients.
Looks:
4106479433294b4c1edf851ef57206456031ec1a.jpg

Character Sheet 2
-Patient-
Name: Mosaic
Personality: Mosaic is a quiet girl although she has a lot to say. She enjoys watching the other patients and how they act, often using their mental disorders to trigger them into violence.
History/Extra: Mosaic isn't this girls real name. No one knows it. Mosaic was an orphan for most of her life, never speaking much, always watching others. She was prone to instigating violence between others. Mosaic was adopted around the age of eight by a happy go lucky sort of family. A month later they were all found murdered. Mosaic sat in the corner with wide eyes and a smile on her face completely covered in blood. When questioned by the police she only shrugged and said, "My toys weren't fun anymore." She refused to tell the police her real name, coining the name "mosaic" because of her dual colored eyes.
Disorder/illness: Schizoid personality disorder (detached emotionally but has a connection to reality) , Disassociative Identity Disorder (multiple personalities. in this case there is only 2), and Intermittent explosive disorder (disproportionate reaction to any provocation, real or perceived)
Looks: Left eye-blue right eye-green
512164.jpg

Reactions: Red Rabbit
Erm...wow, three females already. I'm gonna have to re-think my character I think xD

There were two other boys already but idk if they're gonna post in here

Idea time!~

I want to know if I could possibly play as an undercover journalist/private investigator who is looking into Wayward Asylum because of all the rumors surrounding it. He'd be undercover as a nurse/doctor/orderly, pretending to fit in with everyone while looking for ways to expose anything dirty going on there.

I'd also be playing a innmate as well, so if you say no to the idea I'd be happy with just that. Though, the inmate is another female and the reporter a male xD

Reactions: k-michelle412
Idea time!~

I want to know if I could possibly play as an undercover journalist/private investigator who is looking into Wayward Asylum because of all the rumors surrounding it. He'd be undercover as a nurse/doctor/orderly, pretending to fit in with everyone while looking for ways to expose anything dirty going on there.

I'd also be playing a innmate as well, so if you say no to the idea I'd be happy with just that. Though, the inmate is another female and the reporter a male xD

That's absolutely fine! Just make sure to add that bit to your CS.

Oooh, I'm definitely interested. I'll get a bio up ASAP! :D

Name: Zack Kori

Mental Illness and Symptoms: Zack has been diagnosed with psychopathy, with his most notable symptoms including lack of emotion and empathy, need for control and power, and disdain for the lives of others.

Personality: While other people would describe Zack with words like "creepy" or "cold," he prefers "quiet." He only speaks when he absolutely needs to, and when he does, he uses the tersest possible sentences. He feels trapped by his human body and tries to project an image of superiority. When people don't serve any purpose to him, he either ignores them or, in more extreme circumstances, lashes out with violence. That all said, he has a very adventurous spirit and loves to travel and explore. He's been to every continent at least once, whether his travel was legal or not.

Looks: Zack's hair is wavy, shoulder-length, and dyed a grayish lavender color, his most notable feature. He stands at six feet, two inches with thick, visible muscles on his arms and legs, but less so on his chest. He identifies as Caucasian, but he has a slightly tanned complexion from spending so much time outside before being admitted. He has a narrow, bony face, all angles around his nose and jaw, though his icy blue eyes are relatively small. There is a tattoo of a blue Chinese dragon on his lower abdomen, on the right side.

Extras: Zack has a soft spot for reptiles. He also loves the cold and, when given the choice, wears loose, revealing clothes, especially anything that makes his tattoo visible.

Last edited:
Name: Alice Dunn

A severe form of Schizoaffective disorder, Manic. - A disorder characterized by A bit of Schizophrenia and a Mood Disorder, but not clearly fitting into a either one. She experiences deregulated emotions and abnormal thought processes, often in a Manic state, along with auditory hallucinations, the occasional visual one, and paranoid delusions such as sometimes believing everyone is out to get her.

Suffers from Sociopathic tendencies, namely the seeming lack of a conscious and the justification of her actions using logic.

Personality:
Alice at first could come off as an extremely friendly girl. Outgoing, friendly, and a bit flirty. She seems, completely and perfectly normal, and her bright personality at first would make it seem like she didn't belong. That is, until you read her file - you wouldn't want to get in ten feet of her if you did. She seems to take some perverse joy in killing things, and watching things dying. She doesn't sleep much, as she doesn't need it, or at least thinks she doesn't.

She doesn't handle arguing or violence well. Well, when the violence is not being administrated by her.

She likes sweets, caffeine, and anything that can make her 'feel better'.

Looks:
redhead_by_coroly-d6zi8c4.jpg
She usually has a smile plastered on her face, which hardly ever goes away. She doesn't dress to stand out, her personality does that well enough on its own. She usually wears a plain white t-shirt with frills on the sleeves, with a comfortable pair of jeans. She has red hair with bright green eyes.

Alice had a loving family, more or less with a mother, father, and an older brother. They used to be a happy little family. The grumpy dad, tired mother, the crazy kids, and the annoying pet that never listened. Well, one day her mom and dad started arguing. She just wanted everyone to start being nice again. So, she decided to do it.

The police found the mother, dad, and brother, and her all seated around the dining room table having a tea party.

The family pet was impaled on a kitchen knife and stuck in the middle of the table.

She had killed them. Stabbed each of them easily fifty times or more. What was she doing? Sitting at the head of the table talking to them.

She was apprehended and admitted at the age of 14.

Extras:
She gets addicted to things easily, as such they have to be careful with her medications, if she ever gets any.

Name: Christopher Blake

Personality:
Chris, appears to be a rather disgruntled, somewhat gruff doctor. He's generally not too nice, to start with. But that's just because he doesn't really like to get close to the patients. Two reasons - that's probably not the healthiest thing for a long life, and two, it lets him distance himself from them. That said, he's good at his job and will take care of each of them to the best of his abilities.

As for abusive orderlies and everyone else...that's not his concern, and its best if he doesn't get involved.

Looks:
6a568099bb3d93fc2c1facca521a89da8f7d9a9c.png

He stands a bit taller than normal, and wears doctors scrubs when he's on duty. Normally carries sedatives, medication, and other things with him so he can have access to them in a pinch.

He wants to help people, if he can. As a journalist and Private Investigator, he wants to expose WIA for what it really is, so the people can get the help they need. He just needs to compile compelling evidence and proof without getting caught.

Extras:
Christopher Blake, is not actually a doctor. Well, he is, he has a degree for it and journalism. A weird combination, huh? Journalism was actually his fallback plan should his dream of becoming a doctor fail. Which it did. What's he doing in WIA? He's a private investigator hired by a private benefactor to expose the truth to the lies of the rumors surrounding the place. He had a degree, and it was easy enough to fabricate a the necessary papers.

Just as a clarification on Mosaic, if it was a bit confusing, no one knows her exact age or name. Her name was changed at adoption an she refused to speak to the police. They simply guessed her age when admitting her. Just incase that wasn't clear. ? Okay...yeah. I really like everyone's characters.

This is still accepting, right? :o

hi! is this still accepting spots? and if so may I join? :]

R E I N I E R K I S S I K
[ Pronounced Rey-nee-ehr ]

P A T I E N T N U M B E R

A G E

G E N D E R
Male

M E N T A L I L L N E S S & S Y M T O M S
A sociopath who is triggered by his severe OCD (Obsessive Compulsive disorder)
Reinier has an obsession for perfection, flawless arrangement and symmetry stemming from his deep-rooted past. To him, most things in sight need to be fixed or cleaned, if not he will start to twitch, At first lightly but can escalate into a seizure. Anyone that gets in the way of his perfection will need to be 'dealt' with in his mind.

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Reinier sees every patient, doctor, wall or floor tile as a project. His plan is to slowly perfect the asylum or at least make it livable for however long he is to stay there. When he needs, Reiner will manipulate the people and situations around him he's a very self-serving kind of person. Reiner is extremely delusional, what he wants to believe becomes true to him, he is 'never' wrong, he never feels guilt. His obsession makes him undesirable as a friend to those who see that side of him, and it is probably safer that way.

L O O K S
2lj27ar.jpg

Height-
6'1"
Weight- 175 lbs
Tattoos- none {too unsymmetrical}
Scars- Deep bite mark on his left cheek, received from Cateline Bloom
Build- Tall, decently toned

R E A S O N F O R A D M I T T A N C E
On November 22nd 2013 two bodies were discovered side by side in the residence of one Reinier Kissik, as the police entered the apartment they reported the room as smelling terrible but unnaturally neat. The room appeared completely symmetrical, as if Reinier had purchased two of every piece of furniture and faced it across from each other, in the center of the room lay Chris and Marshal Blackett. Twins who had been missing for nearly a week. Not only were their carcasses sprawled across the floor mirror-like with the room and all of their teeth removed, but there was no blood, anywhere. The killer claimed they were 'Liars! Both of them, telling me they were identical! Hah. Their teeth didn't match.When they refused my assistance I had to do what was necessary'. With cold eyes and no remorse he was sent away and admitted to the Wayward Insane Asylum on January 24th 2014.

E X T R A S
Reinier feels his murders were justified, after all he let them find the bodies, he wanted to be sent here. His few purposes in life consist of ridding the world of the non-symmetrical and finding an ally. But recently something or someone has interrupted him, the mysterious deaths make him uneasy about living under this 'toxic' roof.

A large factor that has added to Reinier being a
psychopath is his high pain tolerance, basically he cannot feel pain, this has led his to do tremendously morbid things to others (ex. puling out their teeth) He doesn't feel pain therefore he cannot relate with anyone he harms or tortures.

Status
Not open for further replies.