Wayward Insane Asylum (Signups & OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a schizophrenic for three years. The major advice I have for playing one well is to do research. There is a great recording somewhere on YouTube of what schizophrenia "sounds like". It's very weird and cool.
This piques my interest. I gave Jakobus an interest in mental disorders because I have it myself, I'm especially interested in Schizophrenia :3

That's why you're the doctor, thanks! I thought it was implied hehe
I think of the character sheet as a person's personal file. Nothing is implied in such files, especially not under illnesses.

I just realized something. I have no idea how an asylum actually works, or how you treat mental disorders. What do doctors actually do?

I just realized something. I have no idea how an asylum actually works, or how you treat mental disorders. What do doctors actually do?
Technically, the Psychiatrist would be the one evaluating patients- BUT that will be the main job of all the Doctors in W.I.A. There should be communication between Monica Lawrence, Christopher Blake, and Jakobus Van Vuuren to decide "what's best" for patients. The Doctors in real asylums fix up the occasional injuries and oversee that all the right precautions are being taken to ensure a safe-ish, stable environment for everyone.

Technically, the Psychiatrist would be the one evaluating patients- BUT that will be the main job of all the Doctors in W.I.A. There should be communication between Monica Lawrence, Christopher Blake, and Jakobus Van Vuuren to decide "what's best" for patients. The Doctors in real asylums fix up the occasional injuries and oversee that all the right precautions are being taken to ensure a safe-ish, stable environment for everyone.
Ah, okay, then. Jakobus sure isn't a medical doctor, so I guess he is a psychiatrist as well, of sorts.

Here is my second character. With him follows the third and fourth in the same package . 3.

-PATIENT-

-Name-
John Bouley

-Age-

-Gender-
Male

-Mental Illness and Symptoms-
Dissociative Identity Disorder, insomnia caused by distress from said disorder

-Personality-
John has three distinct personalities - the original John, and then also Jill and Jack. All personalities are of equal age, and have agreed positions as first, second and third personality. Personalities switch unpredictably, but no personality can be considered dominant of the three.

John, the core personality, could be described as a self-deprecating intellectual, and the more logical and patient of the three personalities within him. He likes reading and writing, having published two somewhat successful novels. He is usually calm and collected, and polite with people who treat him with respect. but also quite cynical and negative, especially about himself and his own abilities. He is considered the first personality.

The second personality, Jill, is a more artistic person, spending most of her time in her room drawing and painting, having been given the materials to do so. She is the most shy of the three, but polite and kind once you speak to her. She is overall a happy person, even if a bit reclusive, but often expresses a great amount of frustration and distress about being a woman in a man's body. She carries most of the characteristics that John repressed, such as being shy, being easily scared and easily starting to cry, due to it not being expected in him as a man, and she became female due to John's femininity which was repressed for the same reason. Jill doesn't like violence, and can sometimes start to cry during or after arguments between John and Jack, depending on when she regains control of their shared body.

Finally, Jack, the third personality, takes on the role of John's long missing ego. He is boasting, egoistic, rude, aggressive, foul-mouthed, and always strives to be the centre of attention and does not like when someone is better than him at something. He often tries to take credit for Jill's paintings and drawings, but Jill is sure to correct him, much to his chagrin. He is much easier to provoke than the other two, and often surfaces when any of the other personalities are introduced to stressful situations or arguments. He greatly desires to grow a beard, but Jill, to his irritation, constantly shaves off any stubble that appears.

-Looks-
large.jpg

Although he was not allowed to keep his tie, he mostly wears his white shirt and brown jeans. He has dark rings around his eyes caused by his insomnia, and he is always clean-shaven, as Jill always shaves as soon as any stubble appears.

-Why were you admitted here?-
John was not admitted to W.I.A., but was transferred there a few months after having been admitted to another asylum further to the northeast. His was admitted by his family after they had noticed how he constantly switched between personalities, and saw the distress it was causing him.

-Extras-
John has been allowed several things that many other patients are denied, such as pencils and razors, since he does not appear self-destructive or violent, and giving him sharp objects is not considered a risk. He has also organized his room to be divided between the three personalities, with one part holding books, one part having pencils, painting brushes, papers, canvases and other artistic materials, and the third part containing a few dumbbells. The bed, at request from all three personalities, has three different pillows of varying softness.

John is also a patient of Dr. Monica Lawrence, with whom John and Jill are on friendly terms, but Jack is a bit more edgy at her due to multiple rejected advances from him.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that I may make a lot of changes to my post after I have posted them this early in the game, since I have not yet completely established how things are going to work. I apologize if this complicates responses, but it is only now early in the game.

Do we control what numbers we get or are you gonna pick for us?

Alright-y everyone! I'm going to let you all pick out your own four digit numbers.
Staff have numbers that start out with 1-4,
Patients have 5-9.
Example of codes: #9575. Please post your numbers here so I can add them to your individual files~
Thank youuuu!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice: Number #6754

Christopher: #3569

I hope that is acceptable.

I have decided to change a small detail about John. Rather than being a patient of Van Vuuren, I would like him to be under the care of another player's character. What do you say, @k-michelle412 , would you like Monica to have three patients in one body?

Anyone wanna be a roommate with Alice? I promise, she won't bite.

Much ;P

Sure. Monica is the psychologist for all the patients at wayward.

Monica: 2569
Mosaic: 8743

Sorry I haven't posted. I'm so far behind right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.