Warped World(IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blade Wolf looked at the Warmaster for a moment and finally spoke. "Well the creature said it fought us under orders. That makes me wonder if he truly did not want to fight us in the first place. If that is true then it would seem me and that creature had more in common than I thought. We fought for the same reasons. I've killed good people in my time both military and civillian, but not because I chose to. Because they were my orders and I was forced to follow a pack and my only option was to obey orders, otherwise my memory would be wiped and I would cease to exist. Now if these creatures fight for the same reason I did. Perhaps they aren't truly evil. No matter how many times I run the question through my memory, the answer always comes up inconclusive. And if that's the case why am I truly fighting if I'm merely following a pack from the other side of the same coin? Why have my chains restrained me even here? Everything merely comes up inconclusive." He said lowering his head. Even with his memory not being organic it strained his mind trying to find an answer.

"Collective, the same words as the humans earlier mistook me for. I however am not of such origin, I was designed by the Maverick Cybernetics and Security PMC. My name is K-9000 call sign Blade Wolf, I was redesigned from the A.I. that accompanied LQ-84I. I suspect if this is considered a safe haven he may show up here. I request you not shoot him on sight. However you can give him this." He said as threw the sheathed sword at one of the guards who nearly dropped his rifle to catch it. He looked at it a bit strange seeing the upper guard resembled that of an M16 rifle. "And do not open it, the high frequency vibrations it cause will make it uncontrollable by an untrained warrior and nearly fatal to the user. I do not mean to be rude, I understand human curiosity, so take my word for it. Give him the blade and he will know what to do." With that he turned away as a stealth field covered him and disappeared.

The guard looked the sword and then the other guard. "So, what you think we should do?"

George Washington, as he walked, turned over to the survivalist. "People have mentioned this 'collective' many times since I appeared here. I'd like to know more about them," he said.

The general did realize that the survivalist was biased against this "Collective", but he only needed to glean off the facts.

"Blade Wolf, that creature may have also acted on its own accord. However, these 'Collective' are organized machines which suggests they have a commander so I am not so sure." Before Hamzah went on Fredrick interrupted.

"Warmaster, scans are done. The 'Centurion' is similar to the Goliath, but the metal used is far beyond our own capabilities and given that who ever created the metal was also able to fuse flesh with it also suggests a race beyond our years. I suspect that the creators are still around and the structure of the 'Ales' and Centurion seem to be defensive in nature. However, I require much more information before coming up with a completed theory." Fredrick then went to inner comms where only Hamzah could heard it." And they also have an Essence Hamzah. This shows that we are either still in our own Universe or these creatures have been warped into this place."

"The Collective are nothing more than genocidal freaks! The stories that survived told us of when they attacked us and we didn't even do anything!" Mike yelled.

The guard shrugged and suggested simply waiting or perhaps even following the canine robot. That didn't sit well with either of them and so one of them went back into the camp. He told of the event which attracted the attention Richard, the camp's local engineer. Richard wanted to immediately examine the blade, but upon hearing what it could do the man simply took it back to his lab.

George Washington raised an eyebrow. "I can see that, but who--or, should I say, what--are they physically? Perhaps the spiders and the massive mother-creature aren't the only types of their kind. Are there different types of the Collective? How would I recognize one?"

Washington completely understood Mike's terror of the creatures; unfortunately, he could not figure out why the Centurion would attack out of the blue.

"Are the Collective known for their territorial nature, or are they aggressively destructive towards those not of their kind?" he pressed.

"Perhaps, or perhaps it could have just followed orders like a soldier. Just like I did. I've done things that would twist the gut of any normal thinking human. Murder, torture, and even massacres, all because of a 'higher cause' that I had no control over. Maybe now I'm seeing it from the other side." He then shook his head trying to bring himself back to the matter at hand. "I apologize, I should not let such trivial matters get in the way of the mission. I will follow where I am needed as I was programmed. I may not be able to break my chains, but they can only be as tight as the one who commands me." With that he ran off back to the truck he was on before the fight broke out. He searched for the small controller he dropped earlier finding on the ground. He grabbed it with his tail and ran back to Hamzah holding out the controller to him. "This was an attempted control device designed by my former masters that they used to disable my systems when I disobeyed orders. I can not destroy it because its linked to my internal systems. However as you seem to understand why I am the way I am I believe you are best suited for me to follow. Will you allow me to come under your command?"

Rose continued to follow Diggersby, and as she did so, she got to thinking. She'd never seen those spiders on her travels with the Doctor. Granted, there were probably a lot of things she'd never seen on her travels. But she would love to know what they even were. Or maybe even where they were going, what they were heading towards, if anything. She thought she could see something off in the distance but she wasn't sure, so she brought it up to Diggersby. "Can you see anything ahead?"

Last edited by a moderator:
X silently listened to everyone's chatting and speculation as he eyed the Centurion and the surrounding landscape. It seemed so much like home, but wasn't. It was like some sort of odd dream. This "Collective" sounded like bad news alright. As he listened to Mike it only made his suspicions confirmed. He decides to join George Washington in asking the man about this group. "Are they all like this? Awful combinations of flesh and machine?" he asks out of curiosity. The more information he had to work with the better.

Mike blinded at the questions." I don't know. The Collective mostly stay here, but groups of them do attempt to raid the Glade. As for all of them being like the Centurion and Ales. That's an unfortunate no." Mike shivered." Some are pure machine yet are able to become flesh. I'm not sure how that happens. Thankfully, however, not all Collective are homicidal freaks unless you do something to piss them off. There's one known as the Chesna and she's here in the Wasteland. The other, though, you do not want to meet unless you want to be tore apart."

Hamzah was surprised at Blade Wolf's proposal." I'm not sure. I have also committed great crimes and even ordered them. As a result I hear and remember them. Every night I re account those moments. Forced to live through them till Judgement day. As a result I'm not sure."

"Bull!" Arkith shouted and leaped over a pile of husks.

Blade Wolf stared at Hamzah for a while before speaking again. "But are you truly evil, or did you do what you thought was right? I may not know your full back story, but from what I have seen and heard you were merely fighting on the side you believe was right. I do not have that thought for a luxury. The only time I truly fought what I believed for was when I attacked my Master Mistral and stole a device similar to that remote to control me. From there I ran, eliminating anyone who stood before me. I felt free for once, but that did not stop the killing. I killed the very cyborgs I worked with and after I eliminated one of the commanders by the name of Khasim, Mistral used this remote to paralyze me. She planned the whole event from the very beginning so I was never free to begin with. After that I was stripped of my weapons and put into an underground bunker locked away for weeks for my betrayal. No lights, no visitors, no room to move. It was just complete isolation and silence. You would think it wouldn't bother a machine like me, but it did. Like any thing else I clawed at the walls and begged for release. All because I fought for what I wanted, to be free by any means necessary. Now I see I will never truly be free. But the least I can do is do some good before I expire and I know you will help keep me in the right direction. For if you feel you must do right, then I must do right. Now please, take it."

Diggersby peered ahead, squinting further and holding his ear-palm over his forehead. The rabbit could barely make out a mass of moving shapes that didn't resemble those odd spider drones. They (for the most part) appeared humanoid. Diggersby turned to Rose, grunted, and motioned for her to follow, pointing at the group of people(?) in the distance.

"They sound like unnatural, devilish creatures," Washington said, "yet Hamzah decided to spare the large one we fought. It supposedly had a large family, perhaps comparable to a hive of bees or a nest of ants." The general mused for a bit, and decided to inquire: "Who, or what, is this 'Chesna'? What makes it different from the other Collectives, besides its supposedly significantly calmer temperament?"

A Collective that was different from the others? X was at least glad to know that at least someone that wasn't in this immediate group wasn't going to be out to kill everyone.

As the 17th Unit looks around they notice two more figures in the distance. One of the scouts pulls out a pair of binoculars to look, and is relieved to see they are not more of those freaks from earlier. "Commander X! More people spotted. They appear to be non hostile." he says, before spending another moment to observe. A human...and some kind of rabbit?

X turns to his soldier. then to the direction he is pointing. He walks over and retrieves the binoculars to look for himself. After a moment he gives them. "Hey, over here!" X yells as he waves his arms to get their attention. "If you're a survivor like the rest of us there's more safety in numbers!"

"Chesna is actually one of the Wasteland Over Seers who commands the Collective here." As Mike tried thinking of something else he heard X yell over towarsd some people. He readied his rifle unsure if they could be trusted.

"Looks like we have company Blade Wolf." Hamzah said as he hesitantly took the control device." I'll let you do your own thing though."

In the Glade survivalist camp, a few of the people had become curious about the strange black being that had wandered into their little camp. Some were considering driving it out while others said it should stay. As they debated a bold child walked into the hut where Deemo was.

Blade Wolf nodded as he stood up facing the direction of the unknown strangers. He pulled up a screen that was colored red with an exclamition point. He used his claw to expand the screen by pulling it down as it read Warning, 20% internal energy remaining. System recharge needed for maximum combat effectiveness. "Very well. I request we not engage with hostile force unless it is needed. My internal core is running low on energy. If it Is drained I will become dead weight. I will attempt to avoid that." He said as he threw the screen away making disappear before going towards the front of group to ensure if any threat was posed to them it would be dealt with swiftly.

Diggersby's ears perked up when he heard the Reploid's voice. The rabbit Pokemon turned to the source and squinted, barely making out the figures again. They were about a football-field's length away. Diggersby started towards them, but flinched when one of them held up a gun, and another approached the front of the group. Diggersby raised his real arms in the air while his arm-ears went rigid.

Washington peered at the two strangers. One appeared to be a woman, the other, some sort of rabbit with massive, forearm-like ears. He noted the survivalist's paranoid reaction to the appearance of two figures in the distance; somehow, however, Washington could sense a benign air to the couple. He felt that only the blue-clad man (X, Washington thought he was called) performed an appropriate reaction to these figures. He shook his head and approached the front.

The general walked in front of Blade Wolf and strode towards the odd rabbit and the woman, holding up his hands to show that he wasn't about to shoot them in the head with his flintlock. Washington beckoned the rabbit and the woman closer.

Diggersby watched the human male with the powdered hair and colonial garb approach them and wave them over. Diggersby turned to Rose, then shrugged, before bounding over to the human male. "Forgive my companions for their abrupt reactions to you two," the human male said. "My name is George Washington. General of the American continental army."

Diggersby cocked his head. There was a region called Unova in the American continent, across the ocean from the Kalos region. Other than that, Diggersby didn't know much about the place.

"You two must be lost," Washington said to the rabbit. "Come; as the blue gentleman said before, there is safety in numbers. You too, miss." Washington waved Rose over.

Rose continued to follow, but when one of them called out to the two, she hesitated a bit. She didn't like how tense Diggersby was, and when he raised his paws, she followed the rabbit's lead and raised her hands to show that she was not a threat.

And then a familiar-ish looking man approached and beckoned them.

Diggersby went first, and Rose followed, though not as quickly as Diggersby. The colonial man introduced himself as George Washington. Oh. That would explain a little bit. At least he was more welcoming that some of the others in the group. When she catches up with Diggersby and Washington is done speaking, she says, "Thank you. I'm Rose Tyler and this is Diggersby." She gestures to the rabbit.

Washington did a good job in persuading them. Rose and Diggersby, huh? The blue Replied and gives them a friendly wave. "I'm X, it is nice to meet other friendlies. " He says as walks up from behind the general. So many humans. He was clearly not at home.

Blade Wolf watched them interact as his alerted state reset itself. He was not orginally programmed to be social nor was he fully trained and filtered. He decided to leave the persuasion to the experts, instead he turned backed towards the survivalist. "Has a plan of movement been establisted? I will volunteer to scout out our path if you will give me the direction. If that human was telling the truth and there is someone in the glade that can help me. Then it is crucial that I find them soon."

Deemo was still writing when the child walked in. Various papers were scattered across the hut. Songs, journals, and even some form of lyrics were on said papers. But there was one piece of paper that stood out from the rest. A song he played before he ended up here...
Passing you by on a street far far away
Your strange face frightened me
Even if I cried, nothing could reach you
Feelings flowed out along with tears
A flower on my unfamiliar way home
Its lonesome shadow trembled
Thorns pierced the hands I reached out
It bloomed in a field, untouched by others
We dreamed a dream
Hooking pinky fingers with our special someone
For we will never separate
Pinky swear
As we chanted

When did we realize?
That there was no way we could live alone
Locking yourself in a room
You searched for my footprints
Even if you crawled and looked, you couldn't find them
Impatience and anxiety began to surge
If we get lost
I will light up our path
It's okay if you take a break
For I will never stop
We dreamed a dream
Hooking pinky fingers with our special someone
For we will never separate
Pinky swear
As we chanted

Hamzah and Arkith had decided to take the sewers with Mike towards the Glade. During their adventure they met a few Ales that attempted to maul their faces off. The group, however, fought back against them later getting into the sunny Glade. The sunlight there seemed to energize them as they made their way towards Mike's own camp. By the time they got there they were covered in old sewage muck and leaves that stuck to them.

When they got to the camp, the guards nearly shot them, but saw Mike and guessed they were friendly. Mike then excitingly told the other survivalists about what happened with the Centurion. Some called it a bluff while others cheered. An elderly man with a cane walked over to the group.

"You took down a Centurion? If so, perhaps you can help us then."

Blade Wolf separated from the group and decided to take the secondary route after getting the route from Mike. Once he finally reached the Glade he seemed surprised at the luscious plant life that inhabited a world that seemed so destroyed. He was amazed to be honest, but he snapped back to reality when he was reminded to meet the group near the time of their arrival to lessen the risk of him being attacked by the 'friendlies'. He continued following the path that Mike told him about hoping soon he would arrive without missing them.

A sniper up in the tower scanned with his rifle spotting Wolf in the distance before picking up his radio. "Gate, Johnson here, I've got what looks like a Collective hound heading your way. I've got a clear shot and a round ready. Unless you want to deal with him yourself. He don't look too friendly either." He said waiting for them to confirm him to take the kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.