Warped World(IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington shook X's hand. "Thank you," he replied.

The group continued on until they reached the lush, sunny fields of the Glade. Diggersby sighed in contentment, feeling the warm sun against his face. The rabbit Pokémon sniffed through the grass, before getting back up. Diggersby dug up some dirt and used it to scrub the sewer grime off his fur. When he was finished, he was only about as dirty as a normal Diggersby. (Which actually isn't saying much, considering the fact that they're all covered in dirt.)

When they reached the camp, George Washington stood as he waited for Mike to converse with the guards. The general approached the elder. "My name is George Washington, general of the Continental army. I am perfectly willing to help you with your task.

Diggersby, however, was busy sniffing for food. He couldn't find any, and he had already eaten his carrot a long time ago. The Pokémon's stomach growled. Diggersby rubbed the yellow patch of fur around his stomach.

X took a look around the Glade ad they passed through. Such natural, beautiful places were hard to come by at home, and even fewer of them that had little to no machinery running things in the area. There was a moment of tension for X and his unit upon arrival but was glad to see it quickly diffused. X knew it would be in the best interests for everyone to see what the elder needed. "I am X. My men and I are willing to lend a hand as well."

On the (mildly unpleasant) journey through the sewers, Rose learned what she needed to about the group. Which wasn't a lot; names were enough to suffice for now. The Glade was much more than she had expected it to be. While the city they had just left was dead, the Glade was very much alive. She stuck near Diggersby as the rabbit cleaned itself and sniffed around. When he rubbed his stomach, she asked "You hungry?"

"Collective Hound? Have you been eating those mushrooms again? Don't fire. Might be related to the group we have and the morning guard reported something of the like as well that wasn't hostile." The commander's voice blared over a walkie-talkie.

Down at the gate the old man didn't know the word 'general'. He did observe that the group had seen combat before and his son had claimed that they were able to take down a Centurion. That was a mystery and what added even more to it was when they introduced themselves. He didn't replay nor complain instead gesturing them inside as well as making mention of food. The elder, should they chose to follow, would lead them through a crude shanty town. The people would also eye them with suspicion, but a few seemed hopeful.

The sniper seemed a bit angered with the commander. Usually he would more than happily let him take down any machine in his sight. "With all do respect sir I haven't heard any mention of something matching a Collective style machine and I'd rather not take a chance. We don't need more lives lost just because of a reason of 'might be' when its probably not. I can see it is blatantly armed, and if its carrying weapons like that in the open. It's not good. Forgive me sir, but the risk is too high." He said before his voice cut out as he readied to fire.

As Blade Wolf continued on he stopped to look off to his sides making sure he hadn't missed the group approaching from his flanks. As he was about to face towards the camp again WARNING! appeared over his visor. Before he could react a shot from the sniper ripped into his neck making him drop on his side from the bullets impact. He laid there barely moving as the sniper lowly talked over his radio after the shots echo died down. "Sir, its down. Threat has been neutralized."

Shots were being fired... What was going on? Deemo was really unsure. He dropped his utensils and ran out of the door to see whats going on. Well, he didn't really run as various people were gathered around his new home. Once close to the gate, he saw a group of people and a seemingly wounded dog... He's not sure if he should help... He doesn't have anything on him.

Back at his hut, the clutter of papers was all that was left for the boy to see. Journal entries, compositions, lyrics... But just like that one paper, there was another... And another... And another. All containing lyrics.

The clouds are like your eyes
Soaring with the wind to my heart to yours
The rain falls so soft, it turns into snow
My heart said this all just to find you.

I've walked for miles and miles and still I know (love)
The mountains rise and fall, my heart holds on and on (love)
I conquer death for you
I race the dawn for you
No one can keep my heart from reaching you (lo-o-o-ove)

The clouds are like your eyes
Soaring with the wind to my heart to yours
The rain falls so soft, it turns into snow
My heart said this all just to find you.

I race the dawn, for you
I conquer death, for you
I race the dawn, for you
I conquer death, for you
Can't imagine life without
having you here by my side,
no matter the cost.

When you just can't hold on,
and the weight is too strong,
I'll be there to break your fall.

When you feel confused by the world
and all its mysteries,
I can only hope you remember
all the simple things.

Like what's a heartbeat with a heartache?
What's a hurricane without the rain?
What's the moon without the stars?
That's how it feels when we're apart.

What's a heartbeat with a heartache?

What if it was easy as
turning back the hands of time?
I wouldn't change a thing.

And I just wanna let you know,
I'll never let you go.
You'll always be a part of me.

When you feel confused by the world
and all its mysteries,
I can only hope you remember
all the simple things.

So complete, so complete;
You're all I ever need.
You're here with me, right now.
You're here in my heart, now.

It's a heartbeat with a heartache
It's a hurricane without the rain

Calla lily, carnation, daisy
Silently chase away your worries
Chrysanthemum, kalanchoe
Become your shield whenever you fall asleep

I cried out
Please don't leave me behind, leave me behind
So you held me tight
And said I will be just fine, I will be just fine, I will be just fine

Petals dance for our valediction
And synchronize to your frozen pulsation
Take me to where your soul may live in peace
Final destination
Touch of your skin sympathetically brushed against
The shoulders you used to embrace
Sparkling ashes drift along your flames
And softly merge into the sky

Lisianthus
Aroma drags me out of where I was
Cream rose, stargazer, iris
Construct the map that helps me trace your steps

Zipped my mouth
I just keep climbing up, keep climbing up
Justify our vows
I know you are right above, you are right above, you are right above

Look now
I'm on the top of your world, top of your world
My darling
Here I come, I yell
And take a leap to Hell

Swirling wind sings for our reunion
And nine point eight is my acceleration
Take me to where our souls may live in peace
Our brand new commencement
Touch of your lips compassionately pressed against
The skull that you used to cherish
Delicate flesh decomposes off my rotten bones
And softly merge into the sky

Last edited by a moderator:
Diggersby nodded at Rose. The Pokémon's stomach rumbled again. When Diggersby heard the word "food," his ears perked up.

George Washington chose to follow the elder into the shanty community, looking into windows and watching people. A woman tending to her children, a group of children dancing around a man playing some kind of glass harmonica. A couple scruffy-looking men eyeing him with suspicion.

Diggersby started towards the shanty town, turning to Rose and appearing to ask if she wanted to follow him.

"Right, I'm coming," Rose said, tagging behind Diggersby and the rest of the group into the small run-down town. She glanced around at the people who either gathered to see the group or continued to carry on with their business. The town itself didn't seem too bad. It was much more preferable than the area they had just left. Especially with its location in the Glade.

"The hell are you doing?!" The commander shouted as he stormed out of the guard house and headed straight on over to the sniper.

Meanwhile, Hamzah and Arkith heard the shot. The elder assured them it was likely just a rouge Collective and the two shrugged it off. The elderly man still lead the group deeper into the camp where they would eventually get to a very crudely made town hall. They were lead inside into the main hall where a trio of guards fell in on the sides of the group. The lead guard walked up to the elder with his eyes menacingly on the group. They finally reached what appeared to be a dining room. The chairs and a long, round table seemed to be made with care thus making them pleasing to a newcomer's eyes. The elder sat down and gestured for them to sit down as well while the food was being prepared.

"I am Attila, elder leader of this camp and director of the military forces. You have only a vague idea of what's going on so I am going to fill you in. A long time ago my forefathers retreated to this world to escape from something and here they built. Hidden away, they were able to scarpe together a civilization eventually recovering a great deal of their culture. However, this wouldn't last as they thought. The so called 'Collective' appeared one day and attacked for reasons unknown. Our best guess is that this was their world and were simply trying to protect it, but the people didn't attempt to make peace instead waging war. This war caused the collapse of the civilization leading to our pitiful lives today. I wish there was more to tell, but there are so few records left outside what we call the Old Library which is controlled by the Collective. Now, I think it is time that you introduce yourselves."

Hamzah was the first to speak." I am Warmaster Hamzah, leader of what is now called the Emperica Empire. And my friend here is called Arkith. A dragon."

Attila nodded and looked over each odd member of the group awaiting their names.

Inside the Wasteland, hordes of raiders huddled over fires. They all awaited the call for war and Jason was dumbstruck at the seer number of the Thugs. All of them had weapons of some kind. All of them ready for war. They needed to report this. Jason and his pal ran as fast back to the camp as possible to warn of the coming danger.

Blade Wolf laid in the patch of grass as a few sparks shot from the hole in his neck while the light on his visor seemed to cut on and off seeming to struggle with the power flow. "Damages critical. Core systems offline. Repairs needed." He then forced himself up whether it was through sheer desperation or willpower is unsure. He struggled to hold himself up as he limped slowly towards the gate. Once he saw the guards he took a few more steps before collapsing on his left side. "Humans, do not shoot. Damages critical. Threat level zero. Help needed."

Deemo ran ahead to help the poor wolf, summoning vines at his feet so he could make bandages. Once the vines were stranded together to form some sort of cloth, he wrapped the cloth around the wound and went ahead to carry the poor thing back to his hut. But he was curious... What was the wolf? What is this technology? How is it speaking? Deemo gave a worried look both at the guards and the wolf on his way back.

The guards were about to shoot Blade when one of them remembered that earlier about 9000. He lowered his rifle causing his buddy to lower his rifle and give a questioning glance. The guard then was about to help Blade when Deemo came through making vines appear. Both guards' eyes widen at the display with jaw dropped. How could a creature control nature? It didn't matter because Deemo had was helping the robot.

"Go help that... slender thing." The guard spoke to his friend who nodded and went off while the guard himself called over another before heading over to Dr. Richard to tell him of the hound.

Dr. Richard was looking over the blade that was left earlier when the guard told him about the metal creature they had found. "Sounds like a very interesting creature. Can you get them to bring it here. If its damaged I will attempt to work on it here. Perhaps then we may learn the mystery behind this strange sword." The guard nodded and rushed out to catch them while the doctor prepared an area for him to lay on. Once he caught up he stopped them and pointed them towards Dr. Richard's hut telling them to go there before heading back to his post.

Blade Wolf faded in and out of his vision as the light on his visor continued to flicker on and off. He felt himself being carried, but he couldn't tell by who or what. A message simply appeared in the center of his vision reading SYSTEM ERROR. Aside from that he couldn't see much else.

Deemo nodded in thanks and headed to the hut he was told to go to. He shifted his arms so he could use one while still holding the wolf. With his free arm, he knocked on the hut door. While he waited, he made sure the vine-cloth stayed over the wound. His hand would gently adjust the cloth back over the wound, making sure he doesn't cause any more damage.

Dr. Richard quickly answered the door hearing the know. While he wasn't suspecting a dark creature to be helping carrying the strange machine he didn't hesitate to let them in. He helped the creature and guard to lay the wolf down on its right side on a mat he had laid out for it. He carefully pulled away the cloth around the wound making sure nothing would pull with it. "Interesting, the technology seems very capable for our forefathers, but it seems new. This may take a moment for me to anaylze whether or not its a Collective machine. You're more than welcome to take a seat, before you get comfortable would you kindly get that sheathed blade on the desk and set it on the mat for me?" He said looking at Deemo. The guard quickly left to meet the elder knowing he would want to know about the mechanical wolf creature.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Diggersby arrived in the Glade encampment, he sat down, inhaling the clean, fresh air. It somewhat reminded him of the fresh air in the routes of Kalos. Diggersby grunted when Attila introduced himself. Diggersby did the same grunting noise he had made when introducing himself to Rose. "DEEIIGIGGUURRSSSBEEHYHEEEYYYY!!!!" he crooned, pointing at himself with his white paw.

George Washington eyed the rabbit as it made that low grunt. "It appears to be trying to communicate," he said to Attila.

Turning to Rose, he asked, "You are English, correct?"

"My name's Rose." She told the elder, Attila, after Diggersby introduced himself. Noting Washington's comment, she adds while nodding towards the rabbit, "And if you didn't get that, that's Diggersby."

"Yes, I am. Born and raised in London." Rose replied to the American general's question, turning to face him as well and folding her hands on the table. She had met historical figures various times before and had even been knighted Dame Rose by Queen Victoria in 1879 after that incident with the werewolf. So meeting George Washington wasn't highly unusual. "Why?"

Deemo nodded and did as told before going to sit down and read a book nearby. If he wasn't writing anything or playing music, he was reading a book. It was a good pass time for him, reading word for word for his enjoyment. Page by page, he carefully read through the book, intrigued as to what it holds within the text.

George Washington nodded. "I was wondering, because your accent matches that of the other English-born colonists in America, but your dress style is radically different," he replied.

Meanwhile, Diggersby wandered through the town, his stomach growling. He peered into windows, watching the survivalists go about their business.

One hut, however, had some different goings-on.

Diggersby took a glance into the window and found a mechanical lupine lying on its side, as well as a blade laid out on a mat. A slender, black humanoid sat reading near the lupine machine. Apparently it was taking care of the machine. Diggersby took a closer look. It was the robot wolf that had almost attacked him earlier if not for the intervention of the powder-haired male human named George Washington.

Diggersby rapped on the window with one of his real arms.

Richard was carefully examining Blade Wolf's interior systems when he heard a tap on his window. He looked around seeing a strange rabbit like creature with strange arm like ears. He stood up and went over to the window intrigued by the creature. He unlocked it and pulled it open to let the creature in. "Well haven't seen a rabbit like you before, assuming you are a rabbit that is. Come right in little buddy, I won't hurt ya. In fact I enjoy having company." He said as he went back to the damaged Blade Wolf with a few tools. He began looking inside the hole where the bullet struck him. He noticed a few words along his neck that read LQ-84 Fafnir. "Strange, I don't believe the Collective ever had inscriptions on their units. Nor have I ever heard of or seen this LQ-84 Fafnir unit. Interesting." He said as he continued to study the wolfs wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.