Warped World(IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The attack from Blade Wolf did not cut through the hand, but did managed to harm the Centurion who roared in fury and pain. Arkith took the advantage by going directly at its mouth. She spewed fire into the opening causing even more pain for the Centurion. Before the dragon could get another attack off the beast's other hand whacked her. The dragon flew into a nearby building creating a new hole as well as sending Ales scurrying away from site.

Meanwhile, Jose heard what X said and turned to Wash." Well, first thing is that they should have warned ya to get the hell out! Also, you try surviving on rat meat for years on end. You'll develop a taste for human flesh to! We've been like this ever since the collapse a long time ago, but right now we have problems and I am done trying to convince you. Now, I did hear from some blue thingy saying that the Centurion opens up small pores allowing more Ales to crawl out. I, for one, did not know that until now, but that information is extremely helpful so I suggest we help our blue friend out." Jose then turned to the cowering survivalist." Are you done weeping now?"

"Hate spiders. Hate spiders." The survivalist repeated.

"Well, that goes that." Jose said as he turned to the other raiders and relayed the news. They immediately begun firing at Ales that were close to X.

"Warmaster, Arkith has suffered minor injuries that are being healed." Hamzah heard the report as he sliced through another Ales.

"That is good news! We don't need any badly injured."

The Ales that were attacking the female human and the rabbit had suffered losses, but still they kept coming. A cunning Ales begun wrapping itself in webs while the others took the threads and wove them into small orbs. Then they throw them onto the ground hoping to get one of them stuck or slow them down while the Ales on the ground contuned their assault.

Back at the Glade, Jason considered his options. He could shoot the creature now and if it did turn out to be a Collective that would be one less worry. If it didn't then his rank would be stripped and he would be feed to the captive Collective. On the other hand, this new creature could harbor some kind of ability that would be beneficial to them. The raider sighed as he lowered his rifle and Jared did the same.

"Ok. We have a mute, very black beast offering us an orange. Jared. Eat the orange."

"Me? Why?" Jared seemed ready to bite Jason's head off.

"Because we don't know if it is poisonous or not and you are knee deep in debt to me. Consider this partial payment." Jason turned his rifle at Jared.

The raider, mumbling, walked over to Deemo and snatched the orange. He gave it a few sniffs before shoving it in his mouth. The raider then began coughing and Jason point his rifle at Deemo before Jared began laughing.

Blade Wolf land and gained some distance before facing the Centurion again seeing that minor damage had been done that perhaps could be exploited. He then ran over to Jose and the group for him to inform his men. "It seems the organic sections are weaker than its metal hide. I will try to exploit the spot I attacked a moment ago. If any of your men can put some fire on it than it may do some damage to the creature. If your communication devices are capable my system frequency runs on 2591. That will directly link you to my channel to point out any changes in the field. I will assist where I can." He then took off towards the Centurion again using his chainsaw to cut down any Ales that dared to stand in his way.

As he neared he scanned for the hand he struck aiming to hit again. "These creatures adapt, I to must adapt." Once he acquired his target he began his ascent on the creature once again using a different leg as to ensure he didn't have a similar path for the Ales to track. He forced his way through them despite a few of them hitting his legs with their sharp claw like legs causing his system to warn him of damage taken. "Fear undefined. Engage." He said as he climbed up the back of the creature dragging his flaming spinning blade against him before jumping towards the damaged hand making himself flip forward to make an orange circle as he descended aiming to damage the creatures hand again as well as continue moving to avoid being stationary allowing the Centurion to hit him.

He motioned a "calm down" gesture along with a gesture that said "peel the orange first, then eat it". If nothing can calm this one down, Deemo's gonna end up dead. Maybe. He isn't sure... What if Tress appears here and find him in this situation? He's not sure if she'll panic or if she will ignore the two and run up to give him a hug. The latter would be a better option, signaling that Deemo is harmless as he is good friends with a young girl. Either way, he'll try his best to keep calm.

X sees that at least a couple of the people he shouted to had heard what he yelled. He was grateful that they were willing to assist and quickly got out of the way when some of the human started firing at the Ales that were massing nearby him. The blue Reploid decides to let the wolf robots claim most of the Centurion's since it seemed more interested in that than any advice he had to yell. He fires a few shots from his buster gun at some of the ales before before shifting position with his emergency dash system, putting him about ten feet to the right of where he was.

Hoping this was a clear spot, X quickly began charging the fusion generator in his body. what started as a low-pitched hum quickly rose to a higher pitch as his body started flickering with a greenish tint on top of his multiple blue color scheme. "Take this!" he yells as he unleashes a large plasma shot from his arm, the impact sliding him backwards a little as it discharges from the gun at the Centurion. He aimed his shot at the centurion's legs so that he would not hit the wolf.

The Centurion readied another sonic boom and as it charged, the beast stumbled instead firing the blast up into the grey sky. The blast cleared away the storm as well as the rain. The Centurion couldn't figure out what happened until his senors told him that a blast from a small, blue robot did this. The Centurion looked down to see the small creature and smiled as his pores opened unleashing a surge of Ales. The creature thought this new wave would finally destroy what he presumed tired creatures and began closing pores. He didn't expect Hamzah to fling himself into one after the storm had cleared allowing his strength to return.

The Warmaster's body glowed a faint red as he held the doors to the inside of the Centurion. He had used a strength spell increasing his physical strength to superhuman levels. This allowed him to hold the crushing pressure of the doors and also allowed him to see the inside of the Centurion. The sight wasn't pleasant with a rotting smell and organic tissue mixed with robotic machines. He also saw Ales rushing toward him likely to try and force him out.

"Yeah! I can only hold this thing for so long before those spiders kick me out!" Hamzah shouted.

Arkith, meanwhile, threw off any rubble on her and looked out. A massive swarm of Ales were coming out of the Centurion heading towards people on the ground. The dragon unhinged her jaws and lighting came out. It leaped from Ales to Ales destroying the closet to her. The other Ales were still rushing towards the group and a few unlucky raiders were caught. They had quickly become cocooned, but amazingly the Ales didn't mind after their prisoners.

Back at the Glade Jared's laughing was stopped when Jason smashed his friend's stomach with the butt end of his rifle.

"Sorry about that. Jared is an idiot sometimes. Anyway... Deemo, my name is Jason. The idiot who is coughing right now is Jared. Both of us are currently out on a mission so we can't spare time to talk. There is a camp not far from here. Just follow the dirt path and eventually you will find it. The guards on duty are likely going to fire off a warning shot. This will help you show you aren't hostile nor apart of the Collective." Jason extended his hand which held a green card." This will show that you are friendly and a possible mute."

Deemo nodded and accepted the green card. He motioned a gesture that said "thank you" and began to head his way. What was this "Collective", he began to wonder. Judging by the way those two first reacted to seeing him, the Collective must be pretty bad. Like, BAD. Either way, he was glad that he gained the two's trust. Just have to be aware of a warning shot when he arrives at the camp he mentioned. Hopefully there aren't any traps in the way or anything hostile. Deemo would hate to arrive wounded. He still held a feeling of ease and hope, so there's that.

Blade Wolf crashed into the ground after the sonic blast disupted his systems making him miss his intended target a landing on his stomach as his visor had a static effect blinding him for a moment. As he recovered he saw more Ales coming out from the Centurion and soon seeing the War master force one of the ports to stay open. His memory then played back what X had said earlier. He forced his way through a few Ales to the blue reploid despite his damages to his body and systems. "The creature's opening is exposed. I will clear a path for you, but my damages will not allow me to continue further." He said as a few sparks flew from his joints, but he tried to not let it bother him. "Now before its too late!" He yelled as he rushed towards the Ales striking them down as if he was in a raged filled mood to allow X an straight foward path.

Meanwhile an armored black wolf stalked the forest of the glades carrying a sheathed sword in its mouth Its visor was closed as it used its infrared vision to see any movement. He spotted two human like forms in the distance. They were armed, but perhaps they would not pose a threat if he merely asked a question. If they dId he would make sure they wouldn't for long. He decided to come out on their path within their full view and stood there for their acknowledgement. He had nothing to hide and wanted to make that clear.

George Washington noted the openings and leaped from Ale to Ale, carefully ducking and rolling as needed to avoid fire. He drew his sabre and with a leap landed next to the Centurion, thrusting the sabre into the pores. The general winced from the stench, but gritted his false teeth and twisted his sabre around the pore. He retracted the sabre and slid under the Centurion to avoid fire, rolling and emerging on the other side to fire his flintlock into another pore.

Meanwhile, Diggersby looked around and bared his buck teeth at the Ales. Apparently, Diggersby couldn't avoid Sticky Web, even away from Kalos.

Diggersby thumped the ground, kicking up dust and allowing it to settle on the spider webs in order to cover the adhesive. The Pokémon bounced off the top of one of the grounded Ales, swinging his arm-ears to swat some of the airborne Ales. Diggersby touched back down and tore at the spider web surrounding the Ale as it wove. Diggersby appeared to be stuck. The Pokémon yanked and yanked to remove himself from the spider-drone, but the webs held tight. Diggersby opened his mouth wide and chomped on the webbing, using his teeth to gnaw off the sticky strings. Diggersby rolled backwards, kicking up more dust. Good. The fewer sticky webs, the better.

The combined efforts from Hamzah and Blade gave X more than enough opportunity. He knew to strike now before the efforts from them and Washington ended in vain. As he quickly closed the distance between him and the Centurion the hum of his internal reactor could be heard as he got another shot prepared.

The sight and smell inside the opened pore was very disturbing. This awful mixture of machine and flesh wad abominable compared to the cybernetics that he was familiar with. He duck under Hamzah ' s arm as he holds the pore open and aims his buster under and past so he won't hit his ally. As the charge hit maximum power he fired it off, complete with it's slight knock back on his arm. The charged plasma shot went into the pore and hit Ales along the way. X only hoped it would be enough. Some of his allies were looking worse for the wear.

As Hamzah quickly left their vicinity the Elite 17th unit quickly followed after into the battlefield. Since their objective was no longer necessary the fifteen Replies began their attacks on the Ales, shooting and covering each other as they made slow but steady progress on catching up with X.

Rose looks everywhere in order to find something, avoiding the Ales if they came near. She glanced in the rabbit's direction every now and again, but he seemed to be fine. She eventually finds a metal pipe on the ground, almost hidden by a pile of rubble. Taking the improvised weapon in her right hand, she hit any of the spiders nearby. While it didn't seem to effective, it might have slowed them down a bit. Rose glanced at her rabbit friend again, who looked like it was smiling. It reminded her of the Doctor, whenever he had some kind of mind blowing idea or when he'd put together the pieces of some larger-than-life puzzle. She turns to hit another Ale, stepping on a web momentarily getting stuck before pulling herself loose. She'd have to take note of those webs. Fortunately, Diggersby was taking care of them, so there were less to worry about as she continued trying to fend off the Ales.

Hamzah could no longer hold the doors open as the Ales were getting close. He shoved X aside and leaped just as a Ales went for Hamzah's head. However, after letting go of the doors, the Ales was crushed by them. The Warmaster then crashed onto the ground, His armor absorbed most of the impact, but dull pain was felt. With an anguished groan, he rose to see that the Centurion's openings were oozing the same liquid. What was even more hopeful was that the Centurion seemed dead as its body was limp. A few nearby Thugs began to cheer. That was dashed when grinding metal echoed throughout the street and the Centurion began to fall face over. Immediately Hamzah ran while looking for any allies and he saw the Centurion's giant hand try to grab a building with no success.

The Ales seemed affected by the joint attack and groups of them dropped. There were still groups of them that were starting to flee while some stayed behind to keep the enemy busy as their comrades ran. More even attempted to recover the husks of their former friends. The remaining raiders saw that and began attacking them.

Jason jumped back when the metal beast came out. He placed his rifle on his shoulder and Jared followed suit. The creature held some kind of sword. Combined with the creature looking like a Collective they had reason to shoot the thing. Yet it didn't attack them so perhaps it wasn't a Collective. Maybe something like Deemo? Either way, the metal dog creature seemed ready to attack.

"Identify or be fired upon!" Jason shouted.

The survivalist camp's guards saw a slender, black figure walking towards them. A buttle rang out scattering birds. The bullet kicked up dirt in front of Deemo and the same words used by Jason eariler were shouted.

X hit the ground from Hamzah going back to avoid getting crushed. With a small grunt he gets back up in time to see the defeated Centurion trying to find purchase as it fell. His dash system proved quicker than the opponent, helping the blue Replied get out of the way. He kept repeatedly activating it as it recharged while he ran. He regrouped with his unit in short order.

As the 17th unit saw the Centurion go down and the Ales retreat they starting slowly laughing and cheering for their victory, as well as their survival. During the celebration they took a few pot shots at the fleeing and recovering enemies.

"No time to celebrate yet! We got to get to safety first!" X calls out to his unit as he closes the gap between them. "Fan out and search for survivors. Hurry!" He commands to them as he gets closer, intending to do the same.

What a way to greet a stranger. Either way, Deemo waves the green card to show that he's harmless. Oh, and he also gestures that he's mute and would like a way of communication. Like a dry erase board or something. He began to slowly approach, stopping a few times to wave the green card again. The hostility of locals weren't really mentioned by Tress... Maybe she wanted Deemo to see the beauty of the world. Well, like everything, there's a balance. Light and dark. Nice and mean. Peace and war...

Blade Wolf ran to a safe distance before turning back to fight the Ales with the husks ensuring none of them would escape with any sense of victory. As he cleared out the group he spotted he sat down and put his chainsaw back on its mount trying to rest his strained system. He could feel his internal core running low on energy along with suffering from the damage he received fighting. He would need to find an energy to recharge his core and give his system the ability to heal its damages. He considered the Centurion would be the biggest source of power, but also the biggest risk as he didn't trust the machine. Perhaps the leader would know something. He stood and walked over to Jose figuring he would know something, whether he would tell him would probably be a whole different story. "Excuse me human, I seek a power source to recharge my internal system. Where I can I find one around here that won't try to cut me open?"

The Wolf stared at the men for a moment before its visor opened up revealing his red eyes. He seemed to move like he was breathing despite being a pure machine. As he began to speak his eyes began to light up. "I am Maverick Unit K-9000, or Blade Wolf for short. I am hunting for another model similar to my design. He however is an LQ-84I unit and therefore is obsolete and must be upgraded. I am not here to fight, merely to seek information on his whereabouts. However know this is no ordinary blade and I am no pushover, so please do not take my kindness for weakness." He said as he stood there refraining from showing any aggression unless it was needed.

Diggersby noted the sudden shift in behavior as the Ales began to pack up their buddies' dead husks. Diggersby grunted and slapped the ground a few times, causing a couple tremors that scared off the rest of the spiders. Good riddance.

The rabbit Pokémon turned to the female human and gave her a thumbs-up. He winked and grinned, before kicking back on a rock and folding his legs, lounging about.

Diggersby sat back up, realizing that he had never gotten the female human's name... and that there was no way to communicate that he didn't know the female human's name! Diggersby figured that the female humans where he was from had names like "Serena" and "Shauna", but Diggersby was unsure what to call this human (or if he could effectively convey his species name.)

Diggersby, with a screwed-up, confused face, jabbed a single finger at the female human, hoping she would take the hint. He attempted to grunt out his own name, but it kind of came out like: "DddiiiGGGURUURRRHHHSBeeeIII!!!"

George Washington dove out of the way when the Centurion toppled over. The general gave one last jab into the orifices before dashing back and seeing if there were any survivors, kicking any of the spider drones out of the way as he did.

They were leaving. The little spiders were leaving, taking their dead with them. Which, admittedly, was a bit sad. Probably would be sadder if they weren't just trying to kill them a moment before. Rose looks at the pipe in her hand, then drops it to the ground, the pipe landing with a clang. The rabbit seemed satisfied, and she was about to return to her thoughts about where they were when the rabbit jabbed her.
"What?" She asked, dropping to her knees again to talk to it. It made a growling-type sound that was a bit hard to make out. "Wow. Deep voice. Um..." She repeated the sound over and over in her head. "Dig... Diggers... Diggersby. Maybe. Okay. Is that what you call yourself? I guess you want to know who I am. I'm Rose." Here she was, introducing herself to an animal. Granted, it wasn't a twig like that one time. Plus, if they were stuck here together, it helped to have know what to call each other.

"Well, most things here would attempt to maul you. I have heard there is some whackio at one of the Glade camps who has been studying the Collective. He or she might have a few power cores, but likely would like a favor. One other thing, consider killing the Centurion as a pardon for killing our own guys. Normally we kill anyone that wonders too far in our turf, but you got luckly. We are near the outskirts of the city and beyond the plains should be the Glade. I'm sure this coward will show you the way." Jose pointed at the survivalist who was still curled up into a ball.

Fredrick was scanning the corpses coming up with some very interesting results. The metals seemed to be organic in nature just like the recently created Goliath yet this was far beyond their own capabilities. The A.I. then went to scan the Centurion and much to his surprise it was stil alive. Dying, but still alive. The A.I. told the Warmaster that the beast was still functional causing Hamzah to pull out his sword and he went over towards the neck where exposed wires and flesh hung out of a gaping wound. He held it above the jugular vein. Then words enter his head. Not only his head, but the others be it robotic or organic.

"You would kill me and orphan my childern without a second thought. Go ahead. Be like the rest of your kind and kill me if you do desire, but be warned. We'll come back. We always have. And you will feel our wrath."

Hamzah's hands shook and he muttered," I can't do it. I just can't."

Arkith watched as Hamzah hesitated to kill the beast. Sure, it had spoken in her head, but it attempted to kill them. Now she was debating on if she should finish it off or leave it.

Jason was only baffled by what 9000 said. In response he shrugged." I don't have any idea what you are talking about. Listen, we got enough problems as it is with the Collective and the Thugs so would you kindly fuck off. If you do want information, however, you can try a nearby camp. Warning you now that they'll fire a warning shot. If that happens, just yell out Collective are assholes and they will let you in. Though, with you appearance they'll probably mistake you for one and fire first. Again, if that happens just yell out what I told you and repeat it if necessary."

The town's guard were looking with amazement at the slender creature. That thing had somehow got a green card showing it was harmless. Not only that, it was smart enough to use gestures. The creatures indicated that the creature was mute and wanted, or needed, a form of communication. One of them had paper and a pencil so in response the guard threw them in front of Deemo with guns still trained on the creature.

Deemo gestured a "thank you" before picking up the pencil and paper. He then began to write down on the paper a few things....
My name is Deemo.
For some strange reason, I have appeared in this world much larger than the world I used to reside in.
Said world only consisted of two rooms and a main room. No doors at all.
I've wandered this forest looking for guidance and possibly a place to take shelter in.
I hope you understand.
And with that, he handed the two guards the pencil and the paper he had written on.

X was baffled at the sudden flash of thought that went through his head. It certainly wasn't his thoughts, nor a transmission. He turned to see Hamzah backing down from killing it. It seemed to X that Hamzah had a good conscience, unwilling to kill it needlessly. He was glad for this. He approaches where the centurion, Hamzah, and Arkith. "I don't think we need to cause any more unnecessary bloodshed here today. The fight has been won." the blue Reploid says in a soft tone to the distressed Warmaster. X holds a hand out to him, as if to try and have him step away from killing the Centurion.

The 17th unit decided to do damage assessment on themselves after they saw and heard that, a bit shaken but not fleeing. "All clear." the leader says to the rest of the unit after they were done. They waited for their commander to finish his interaction before they spoke up.

"He's right, unnecessary bloodshed and violence will only create more problems in the long run. Its dying because of a choice its made, every action has a consequence." Blade Wolf said as he turned to facing the dying Centurion before turning to Jose again. "Very well, we are considered on even terms for now. Thank you again for your help. If you still have my frequency code you may call for my assistance. I won't promise to come help, but if something like this happens again I'm sure we can put down our disagreements for a greater cause again. Your men remind me of the fearless soldiers back home which I suppose is a good thing for the time being." He nodded his head before going to the survivalist. "Human, cowardice is not in my programming, nor should it be in yours. I need to find out where this camp and person is. And for that I need your help, now will you help me?" He said as he put his tail down offering it like a hand to pick the survivalist up.

The K-9000 stood still for a moment as a screen of database searches appeared next to his head like a projection. "Collective does not match any company names in my memory. However if what you say is true I will use that term. Collective...are...assholes..." He said as though the phrase was new to his programming. "So where I can I find this camp you speak of?"

Status
Not open for further replies.