War of Esmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lysea settled down in an armchair where the cat stood up and hopped into her lap, as she pet it with one talon, seeming to be staring at the girl, judging her, "Who is Madam Lysea? What is Madam Lysea? These are many questions that have been floating around this town for a long time. Ever since she arrived. Well, Madam Lysea has had many names, devil, mutant, witch, Madam Lysea is all and none of those things, tell me girl, do you know what an angry wizard can do?" She asked as the cat meowed softly from her lap before hopping down and started cleaning itself on the ground. Something made a small pop, sizzling from a potion but the woman didn't seem to notice, only her smile was seen behind her mask. Her talons glowed green as a pot of tea and two cups approached them, two cubs of sugar falling from no where and a milk cup poured a bit into her cup and she took it, stirring it with one of her talons, "Would you like tea?" She asked, the floating tea set moving over to her and offering her the cup. "Tell it how many cubes and how much milk, dear" She said, absently as she stirred her tea.
As Lysea sat down Alaya remained standing, gazing around the room, transfixed by the wonders it held. It was only when the strange woman spoke she was drawn back to conversation, and she dropped onto a stool nearby, as it was the closest thing to her that resembled something socially acceptable to sit on. Her attention was quickly distracted by the cat, who she observed with wide, curious eyes, gently reaching out a hand for the creature to sniff if it wished, and looking up to Lysea.
"I've encountered many things in my travels Madam, but I've been fortunate enough to avoid encountering an angry wizard."
She watched the woman summon the tea, tilting her head slightly as she studied the green glow.
"Oh, um, I'll just take mine black, thank you."
She reaches for the warm cup.
"What do you do here, Madam Lysea?"

Reactions: AWarriorcat
Aiden Connor Obrien
Aiden's blush lingered at what Merander said, smiling wider. He glanced back up at Merander when the redness of his cheeks disappeared and gave him a small smile, putting his right elbow on the desk as he propped his cheek against his right palm. He liked that Merander remained as childish as he was when they were younger, at least around Aiden. He tilted his head slightly, making his long hair move slightly. "Mostly letters from potential mage volunteers." The older of the two men chuckled softly as he placed the papers back down, shaking his head lightly. "I guess I'll have more people to teach, huh?" Aiden closed his eyes briefly before he opened them up, the smile fading again as seriousness returned to his face. "When do we leave for Shud Grea?"

Chuckling softly, his amusement died out as he shrugged, "Whenever my brother sends the letter, should be soon though, I sent our fastest rider, but knowing how my brother is, he probably saw him as too slow and sent his faster one." He explained, leaning back, "When we arrive, you'll wait outside, I do not want my brother to know I brought a guard, he takes offense to it" He explained, before sighing, "I hate going back to him after our last fight" He scowled heavily as he said that

Gruzor was just about to start flying a different direction when the smell of blood hit him, doing u-turn and heading towards the edge of King's Valley, dived down, slowing as he was about 30 feet from the ground to slowly drift the rest of the way, flapping his wings and stirring dust everywhere as he landed on his feet, though he tried to be quiet about it, he had made plenty of noise as, just in case, he pulled out his black and white sword, the blade a pure white and the handle pitch black. These days, you cannot be too careful, so he folded his wings up and stayed on the alert, the smell of blood was just in the forest, he also felt death nearby, probably whatever was killed.

Lysea nodded, looking distant for a moment before looking back, once the cup was taken, the set whooshed back towards a table, where it settled down, "Madam Lysea does many things, but here, she is a healer, and as a few call her, a witch doctor. Back to the girl's question, Madam Lysea was once a witch who did ill things, one of which involved to sleep with a wizard to rob him, but she was not quick enough and he cursed her, that is how Madam Lysea became a harpy, that is a what she is, and that is what she is to stay for tens of thousands of years, unless she figures out the key, but Madam Lysea has not figured out the key that the wizard spoke of, and she will be cursed until then." She went quiet for a few moments before she sat straight up, screeching out, at that moment, the cat had been starting to reach out to the girl, "Do not touch the cat!" She howled, and the cat hissed at her before striding away from the two women, "Bad Solem, bad! What are you trying to do! Kill her!?" She scolded the cat, with anger and frowned heavily, "That is no excuse, no excuse Solem! Do not touch him!" She seemed to have heard the cat make an excuse though no noise left the animal's mouth besides a hard glare, flick of it's ear and a thump of it's conjoined tails. Despite the outburst, she did not make any move or indication of it being abnormal, or even mentioned why the girl had been so close to death.

Cerburus adjusted his crown as two guards appeared with a man who was sweating, probably because he was wearing heavy furs, "I-I... Came carrying... A message from... the North King..." He panted, offering the parchment, snatching it over and scanning it, "Parchment, and Quill" He commanded, immediately, a beautiful girl in a skimpy outfit offered it to him, he wrote quickly on the parchment before frowning, "Which is faster? Bird or our fastest mount?" He asked his general, who thought for a moment, "Mount, shall I fetch him?" With a nod, the general took the rolled paper, after it was stamped and the scarred general jogged out, "Head back to my baby brother when you're ready, but get out my castle." The man instructed, and the tired man nodded, heading out the building while Cerburus leaned back, a smirk playing at the edge of his lip, so his baby brother had finally asked for help, it was about time, he had been disappointed during their last talk when they argued and he announced that he did not need Cerburus guiding him when he was past a man's age.

Reactions: CrimDemon
Aiden Connor Obrien
Aiden didn't like the sound of him just waiting outside while Merander and Cerburus talked. He opened his mouth to protest, but he quickly shut it. He huffed softly and nodded, not wanting to get the young king into trouble if his presence was known. "Alright. But, if I hear yelling or if he so much as harms you, I will storm into his stronghold and bur--" He stopped himself again as he closed his eyes once more, trying to keep a clear head. They weren't at the older brother's land yet, but he knew what he could do. That in itself boiled Aiden's blood. "Forgive my tongue. I know I shouldn't talk about your family in such a way..."

Waving a dismissive hand, he laughed, "I do not mind, I've said much worse to his face, so do not worry" Merander said with a chuckle, he tensed as the door was rapped at, "Is the King in there, Sir Aiden?" Groaning softly, he straightened up, smoothing his clothes and putting on a blank face, he walked elegantly to the door, though he paused to make a last face at Aiden, to taunt him before opening it, "May I help you?" He asked, looking at the butler before noticing the parchment, "Is that from Cerburus?" With a simple nod, he took it and shut the door opening it and scanning it, "Pfft, dick" He mumbled at one point, before sighing, "Come alone, as quickly as possible, blah blah, do not stall, blah blah, congratulations on being able to repeat what I said. Well, I suppose it's time to be off." He left with Aiden at his heel, pausing to step into his room to grab his crown and weapons, which he only wore outside his castle and went to the sables, though he tried to saddle a horse, he was shooed away by his workers, who assured him they could do it. Using the king's horse, one of the fastest, and the next fastest for Aiden, the king pulled himself onto the gray dapple horse, leaving the brown steed for Aiden, "We shall be back soon, anything happens, send word to me immediately." He instructed to his general before nudging his horse, waiting until they were out of the city to break into galloping, passing over the large field before the forest with ease, slowing as they entered the forest, where they went at a much slower trot from the underbrush, in king mode, he did not speak much, besides a soft laughing fit when he nearly fell off his horse from shooting a glance at Aiden, which made him laugh for a good solid five minutes before they broke into King's Valley, "Let's slow, take a bit more time to arrive, I'm not desperate, and I don't plan to seem it" He instructed, holding himself high on the horse with his face turning serious but his eyes always watching the area, assassins were something that came with the job, so he was always wary.

Lysea nodded, looking distant for a moment before looking back, once the cup was taken, the set whooshed back towards a table, where it settled down, "Madam Lysea does many things, but here, she is a healer, and as a few call her, a witch doctor. Back to the girl's question, Madam Lysea was once a witch who did ill things, one of which involved to sleep with a wizard to rob him, but she was not quick enough and he cursed her, that is how Madam Lysea became a harpy, that is a what she is, and that is what she is to stay for tens of thousands of years, unless she figures out the key, but Madam Lysea has not figured out the key that the wizard spoke of, and she will be cursed until then." She went quiet for a few moments before she sat straight up, screeching out, at that moment, the cat had been starting to reach out to the girl, "Do not touch the cat!" She howled, and the cat hissed at her before striding away from the two women, "Bad Solem, bad! What are you trying to do! Kill her!?" She scolded the cat, with anger and frowned heavily, "That is no excuse, no excuse Solem! Do not touch him!" She seemed to have heard the cat make an excuse though no noise left the animal's mouth besides a hard glare, flick of it's ear and a thump of it's conjoined tails. Despite the outburst, she did not make any move or indication of it being abnormal, or even mentioned why the girl had been so close to death.
Alaya listened closely as Lysea spoke, and had just opened her mouth to reply when all hell seemed to break lose. Shocked by the sudden noise she tumbled backwards, off the stool, and knocked her head into the table behind her, on which a few potions were brewing. The rough bump overbalanced a vial filled with some sort of steaming purple liquid, which fell to the floor and shattered. Alaya stared at it for a moment, then slowly turned to look at Lysea with a chagrined, nervous half-smile.
"...I'm really sorry...."

((Apologies for the shorter post, I'll work on lengthening them, I just knew I'd need your reaction to the potion falling and didn't want to powerplay past it >///< ))

The woman didn't seem to notice the potion, or didn't acknowledge it, "Clean it up!" She barked, at first, it seemed at the girl, but soon a mop and potion of clear liquid appeared, a drop of the transparent potion dropped into it and the liquid turned to water, the mop then cleaned it up and went back to mopping the floor around the cauldren, "Madam Lysea is very sorry, she did not mean to startle you, the cat is not normal, if Madam Lysea's house is broken into, Solem rubs against them, and it poisons whoever his fur touches, unless you are enchanted by a specific potion, which Madam Lysea is, so she is not in danger. And this damned cat knows it, he is not normal cat, he is very smart, so he knows, feel free to shoot him death glares." She made a soft joke, smiling as the cat leaped into her lap, she patted it with a soft smile.

(Ugh, I know mine are short, but I hate typing on laptops, on a borrowed laptop until I head home)

Aiden Connor Obrien
Aiden chuckled softly at Merander almost falling out of his saddle, shaking his head as he lightly pulled the reigns to make his horse's pace slower. He scanned the area around them, making sure that they were not followed. When everything seemed fine to him, Aiden turned back to the front and sighed softly. He hated this forest, but he stayed brave. He had to in order to keep his friend safe. Even if he had to shield him with his body, he would do it. The older man narrowed his lavender eyes, holding the reigns with one hand and his staff with the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umbra Albis
Umbra flew faster as she flapped her wings, scanning the King's Valley after flying from Dorcastle and the Dark Forest. She glanced further down, noticing many other beings in the valley. She wanted to stop and swoop down to see the other beings, but the time of day forbid her to do so. Umbra noticed two men on horse riding towards King's Valley. Curious, the demoness slowly stopped beating her wings and landing in the tree nearest the two men, but stayed concealed enough to not be see. "They look handsome." Umbra chuckled softly as she watched the two, lightly sniffing the air to smell their scents. She the man with the white hair's scent seemed odd to her, but the other man. The demoness recognized his scent being the scent of Cerburus, the one she was to meet shortly. "Too bad I have to go, them seem like such nice boys." She giggled softly before she flew into the air again, flying to Shud Grea.

Soon, Umbra made it to her destination. She gently landed on the balcony just outside Cerburus' living quarters, hoping she was early enough to look at the city below her. She stared down at the people, folding her black wings as she waited for the eldest of the four brothers.

While on his way, Grim passed by two people mounted on horses. One had a crown, which gave him the obvious idea that he was a royalty of Kings Valley, and the other one was probably a mage, judging by the cape and the staff. He avoided making any contact with them and made his way towards King Valley. He noticed almost everyone he has passed by was looking at him strangely, as much as he wanted to behead them, he didn't want to cause any trouble, yet. He entered an Inn, sat on a stool and placed his scythe leaning on the table. The person to his left eyed him suspiciously, he groaned loudly before exclaiming "What is up with everybody in this goddamn place?! Have you ever seen a soldier wielding their weapons and give them a weird look?" he sighs and apologizes shortly after.

(Sorry if my writing skills are crappy, i'm surrounded by lots of noise and i can't focus.)

Merander twitched as he heard something, but when he didn't see anything or anybody besides a flash of a shadow, he nodded for him and Aiden to continue, he felt like he was being watched at the beginning but it faded as they crossed the valley, as he quickened the pace to a trot, patting his horse which snorted, most horses were skittish from the smell of dragons, he made a detour to a shallow area of Dragon Breath's River, so only ankles of the horses were wet as they went across, approaching Shud Grea with a hard face as they reached the entrance, the guards nodded as they entered, heading straight to the castle, pausing to grant a child, holding a cup out, five silver coins and a single gold, ruffling his hair as he parted the crowds heading to the castle, as he arrived, he climbed down and tied them to a post where four other horses stood, "Let us go buy a map before we go in" He suggested, keeping his cloak over his bag of coins, so it couldn't be cut.

A maid had been cleaning when Umbra landed on the window, immediately she froze and screamed before fleeing, it took a few moments before there was shouting at her as Cerburus came through the door with a scowl but it relaxed to a smile, "Ah, my lady, welcome back, may I ask what brings me such an honor? I'm afraid I cannot chat for long because my little brother is own his way, and I expect him soon" He explained with a relaxed but respectful voice as he sat down on an armchair which faced her, a large crown resting on his head and his weapon holster clinking as he sat down.

( :3 They're fine, would you like me to make you a character to interact with?)

The woman didn't seem to notice the potion, or didn't acknowledge it, "Clean it up!" She barked, at first, it seemed at the girl, but soon a mop and potion of clear liquid appeared, a drop of the transparent potion dropped into it and the liquid turned to water, the mop then cleaned it up and went back to mopping the floor around the cauldren, "Madam Lysea is very sorry, she did not mean to startle you, the cat is not normal, if Madam Lysea's house is broken into, Solem rubs against them, and it poisons whoever his fur touches, unless you are enchanted by a specific potion, which Madam Lysea is, so she is not in danger. And this damned cat knows it, he is not normal cat, he is very smart, so he knows, feel free to shoot him death glares." She made a soft joke, smiling as the cat leaped into her lap, she patted it with a soft smile.
Alaya returned the smile with a small sigh of relief, fixing the stool and sitting on it as she rubs the back of her head lightly, mussing her wavy red hair.
"I'll be sure to remember that," she chuckled, giving Solem a little wave and a smile. "It's a shame though, he's so pretty. Thank you for saving me, Madam Lysea. Is there anything I can do to pay back the favour?"
Part of Alaya wanted to straight up offer to help Lysea find the key to her curse. It sounded like an adventure and a half, and the woman had saved her life. But would she take kindly to the offer?

Lysea thought for a strong moment before looking her up and down, before standing, carrying the cat to open the door and glance both ways before locking the door and moving close to her to speak in a low voice, "Who's side are you on? Which brother or are you for the rebellion?" She asked in a soft voice, her head glancing both ways in paranoia, making sure to keep the cat out of range of being touching the young girl, even from behind her mask, it was easy to tell how serious she was. Behind her, the mop and broom were fighting each other, trying to clean up an area and shoving each other in the air.

(No problem, have a good night, shoot me a message tomorrow and we'll talk about it :3)

Lysea thought for a strong moment before looking her up and down, before standing, carrying the cat to open the door and glance both ways before locking the door and moving close to her to speak in a low voice, "Who's side are you on? Which brother or are you for the rebellion?" She asked in a soft voice, her head glancing both ways in paranoia, making sure to keep the cat out of range of being touching the young girl, even from behind her mask, it was easy to tell how serious she was. Behind her, the mop and broom were fighting each other, trying to clean up an area and shoving each other in the air.
Alaya raised an eyebrow as the woman moved around the room, then listened as she spoke.
"Well, honestly..." she flushed lightly, embarrassed to speak her mind, "I don't care. No sides have done me any favours, and no sides have done me any harm."
She looks up into the mask, wishing she could see the woman's eyes properly. "What about you?"

((Imma head to bed here soon~))

Turning away, the woman walked to her dusty window, looking out it and talking to herself, though she wasn't being quiet, "But do we trust her?" She asked softly, her bird like hands petting the cat as she stared past the window, "But she could be lying... And if she is? What would we do to her? We don't know if she has friends waiting outside... No, you're right..." There was silence as Lysea went quiet for a moment, "Yes, that is the best decision" She agreed but she sounded sad or disappointed, "Madam Lysea hates watching you do it" She mumbled to herself as she turned back towards the woman, setting the cat gently on the floor and turning half away, her hands crossed over her chest as the cat approached her with it's three eyes staring at her. Without warning, the cat started to deform, growing longer and the hair sucking back to reveal dark tan skinned, after a few moments, a young boy was sitting in front of the ginger, naked with three eyes as it examined her, not talking, but it's eyes were the same clear blue as the cat's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthea Evans
Aiden Connor Obrien
Aiden nodded at the suggestion and walked behind Merander like a shadow. "But, this time, let me keep the map." He chuckled only briefly before his quiet nature returned as they ventured into the city, keeping his head high but not too high. He narrowed his eyes as his cape flowed behind him, holding his staff in a non-threatening pose. Aiden glanced around the area, frowning at the sight of some homeless children huddled together. Aiden glanced away and thought about doing something for the children on their way back down from Cerburus' castle. For now, he walked into one of the shops in hopes of finding a map.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umbra Albis
Umbra soon turned as her black hair spun with her, her pale yellow eyes staring deeply into the older man's eyes. "Your Majesty." The demoness gave Cerburus a refined and respectful bow, a warm smile on her face and her hands placed on her lap. "I have come to give some news to your knight, but I thought I should tell you directly. A man in your kingdom has been exchanging some... interesting letters to someone in Wanicoal's kingdom." Her warm smile didn't fade even after the message, ignoring a few nosy servants peering into the room to see her. Umbra's eyes seemed to brighten slightly, her assumptions being correct. "Oh, so that handsome boy was blood related to you." The smile widened at the thought, a slight blush on the demoness's face. "Maybe I can play with him and his companion when you're done with him?"

Merander had to bite his lip to stop his grin, shooting a mock glare at the man before noticing the man he bought from before and approaching the small shop, "Ah! King Merander, welcome back, I hope you're not here for another map" The king's cheeks got a bit red at the words, coughing for a moment, he cleared his throat, "Yes, I am, also I'd like... Eight chocolate bars. Separate of course" The man nodded, setting one map in a parchment protector, and the bars in a light bag, handing it to the king, he dropped three golden coins, "Keep the change" He instructed before offering the map to Aiden and heading to the children, crouching down with them, he pulled out a handful of coins and divided it up, "Take these to your parents, if you have none, try to find a job, some clothes and a sandwich, don't just eat sweets" He offered a chocolate bar to each before handing Aiden the rest, "You're welcome to go through and give some others the rest, just save one for me, for the beginning, stay near the castle, but if it goes well, then you're welcome to do whatever you like" He explained as he glanced up the grand stairs and sighed, adjusting his crown, "Hopefully things shall go well" He mumbled, more to himself than Aiden.

Cerburus took note of the words but his attention defiantly perked at companion, "Companion? He was with someone?" His voice raised in anger before he forced himself to calm down, moving to his dresser, to open a box where several rings set, slipping them onto his right hand as he frowned, "I'm sorry to say my brother has no interest in women, but I'm unsure about his companion, must be some special to him if he came with..." The thought made him scowl, "So, one of my men have betrayed me, good to know, is he out of the city now? Or here?" He asked as he adjusted the rings on his hand before strapping his dagger to his hip, not usually using his dagger but what a special occasion this shall be... Now.

Aiden Connor Obrien
Aiden placed the map somewhere within his coat, holding the chocolate that Merander handed to him. He seemed confused at first, but then smiled at the notion and nodded. "I will make sure to keep one for you." The smiled soon faded as he watched the young king when Merander stare at the stairs. Aiden huffed softly and glanced towards the castle, glaring strongly at it. He then turned to the younger man, a serious look on his face. "Yell for me if things go awry." The man in red didn't like this. He didn't like leaving the younger man's side and in the company of one of his brothers. But even so, he didn't protest outwardly.

Umbra Albis
"Oh, he has no interest? That's disheartening." Umbra chuckled warmly and watched as Cerburus placed the rings on his fingers, her black hair moving with her head as a curious look etched on her face. She slightly nodded at the question about the man, glancing to where he would be coming. "The man is not in the city yet, but he should be here shortly. A big burly man." She turned from the man and walked forward enough to see the city below her. She glanced over the balcony towards the ground, noticing Merander and Aiden below. "Oh, he's here. I suppose I better leave you two to bond." The demoness turned back to Cerburus, bowing briefly once more. She outstretched her wings, and then flapped them to fly into the sky. Umbra flapped her wings a little harder, turning to the man and smiling. "I hope to see you again soon, Your Majesty." She slowly blew him a kiss before flying back towards King's Valley, loose black feathers flowing out behind her.

Cerburus smirked behind her, "You're welcome to do whatever you like to the traitor, or leave him for me" He called behind her before turning, slamming open the doors and heading to the throne room. He arrived just in time as the doors opened with two guards on either side.

Merander approached with his head held high and face straight while Cerburus looked him up and down, "Baby Brother! How wonderful it is to see you again!" He exclaimed, standing up to step down with his arms out, stepping into the hug, it was awkward and one-sided, "Yes brother, I am glad you're in good health" As the hug was ended, Cerburus stepped back into his seat, "I sent the message back as soon as possible, but I'm glad you made it here so fast, alone?" The question was obvious and Merander nodded, curtly, "Yes, I came alone" He answered, stiffly, and the man leaned forward with a small smile, "Is that so?" A hint of fear struck through Merander, he already knew he didn't come alone? Who? How? He relayed none of these emotions on his face, "... Yes" He repeated and the king sat back, "Guards, go grab Merander's company, take all weapons from him and keep him under control" His voice was cool and calm, and Merander glanced behind him as the guards opened the doors, and left to force Aiden in, all while he shuffled his feet uncomfortably.

The four guards approached the horses with swords drawn, locating the cloaked man quickly from the different type of clothes, "The kings requests you be present for Merander's meeting" One said with authority, making no move to grab the man and remaining close but not too close, "You must hand over your weapons before entering." He added, the other three shooting glares at citizens that grew too close.

Status
Not open for further replies.