Video Game Magical Girls (Sign-Ups and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coca-Korra

Original poster
[BCOLOR=transparent]The 21st century.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]An era of technological advances that benefits all aspects of life, from medicine and transportation to fashion and luxury. One realm technology has extremely benefited is the world of video games. Millions of games have been developed since before the turn of the century but new technology has given rise to different platforms, mediums, and possibilities. If one has the drive and the degree, one can create an imaginative realm where anything can happen. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Although riddled with controversies about promoting violence, unhealthy lifestyles, and sexism, video games do not pose a deadly threat to humanity.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]However in the booming metropolis of Yamashima, there have been reports of strange attacks that leave properties in shambles and victims suffering from a variety of injuries including gunshot wounds, electrocution, and all degrees of burns. Although each attack is different from the last, at least one victim from each report claims that they have seen the attacker before; in a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]video game[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent].[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Internet is abuzz with theories, the Yamashima police have no idea where to begin their investigation and the city government are failing to keep it’s citizens calm. Such a chaotic time calls for heroes, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]five[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] to be exact. And they will rise to save their city, whether they want to or not…[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Info & Rules[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]New to the forums but going to start swinging. This is an idea I’ve had for years that I wanted to try but never got around to doing. Basically this is going to be a satire making fun of magical girl tropes and video games with action, adventure, and romance themes mixed in. Although this will be overall light-headed, I still need to lay down a few rules:[/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]*No god-moding of course.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*Graphic violence is listed in warnings, but nothing too gory. If you’re unsure of how gory, just run it by me first.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*All sexually explicit content must be taken to the Libertine forums.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*Explicit language is[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]acceptable but be mindful of other people’s feelings about it. Don’t go too crazy with the language.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*Be nice. No douchebaggery in or out of character forum.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*Looking for intermediate to adept writers. Will be asked for a writing sample if your profile doesn't showcase this level of writing ability. (Intermediate to adept includes 85% correct spelling and grammar usage and an average post of 3-5 paragraphs. Paragraphs do not necessarily have to be super long but should help progress the story.)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*Only one Magical Girl per roleplayer.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*It is preferred that players play [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]two [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]characters (one magical girl and one potential love interest) but not a requirement. You have more of a chance being accepted if you have two characters though. Also, both characters do not have to be submitted at the same time. Work on your magical girl first then your love interest. The love interest characters will play a bigger role later in the RP so it’s alright if they don’t show up until later.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*I’m lenient with most character creations. All I asked is for you to be an adept writer and create fleshed out, believable characters. If you have ideas for characters that you don’t think fit the criteria I have below, just PM me so we can discuss them. I might have missed some awesome plot ideas and what not. You might have cooler ideas. Let me know you’re [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]excited [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]for this role play.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*Please be as consistent as possible with your posts. If 5 days to a week has gone by without any word from you in the IC or the OOC thread then I will have send a private message to nudge you. After another day or so without response (maximum of two days), I will be forced to bow you and your characters out of the roleplay.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]*All rules will be adhered and each player will be given one warning if they break any rule.[/BCOLOR]

Character Information

[BCOLOR=transparent]Each [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Magical Girl [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]will derive their power from a different genre of video games and element. These are the most basic of genres and does not encapsulate all video games but these were the genres that were the most workable to create attacks and things of that nature. It can be changed but you need to bring your argument as to why it should be this genre or that type instead of the ones listed below. Elements are first come first serve. Be creative with the combination that you pick~[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Available Magical Girl Types[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gunslinger (Represents FPS-type games)[/BCOLOR]

Fighter (Represents fighting games)

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dancer (Represents dancing games and movement-based games)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Adventurer (Represents RPGs)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Racer (Represents racing/car games)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Available Elements[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Fire[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Water[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Earth (can be “earth” like the ground or “earth” like plants)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wind[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Lightning[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magical GIrl Skeleton[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: (15-18)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance: (anime pictures please)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Orientation: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Likes:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dislikes:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Extracurricular Activities: (very important since it will let me know what settings to create, like if they hang out at a restaurant one girl works at or if another owns a shrine. You get the picture)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Short Bio:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magical Girl Type:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Element:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Costume: (can be a description or picture)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapon: (usually her summoned weapon. Only one please)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Attacks: (list about three named attacks and a short description of what they do)[/BCOLOR]

---

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other characters [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]available to be are Love Interest, Villain, and Other. Love Interests play bigger roles later on. People who want to play Villain characters must PM me first. Other is just there because I can’t think of any other type that might be consistently played. However, if you know one then PM me the idea first before creating the character. So for now, the only Other Character skeleton available to complete without PM-ing me is Love Interest.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Love Interest Skeleton:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: (take into consideration what character you’re playing. If Love Interest, the magical girls will be teenagers so nothing too old or too young. If Villain, you may play someone older. Other… can be anything.)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance: (anime picture please)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Orientation: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Likes:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dislikes:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Extracurricular Activities: (Also important. Don’t use if you’re a Villain unless you have something tying your Villain’s extracurricular activities to their )[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Short Bio:[/BCOLOR]

*QUICK NOTE ABOUT LOVE INTERESTS*
They will not be paired up with your own Magical Hero. Instead, they will be romancing another Magical Hero. Whether the pairings will be set in stone before the roleplay or if you would like to see how your Hero interacts with potential Love Interests is up to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My characters~

Name: Aihara Kyoko

Appearance:
sample_57635c20b1c83151d9feaf371399445f7a4ed3c8.jpg
Personality: The epitome of ‘apathetic’, Kyoko is as lazy as they come. She is okay with getting by on the bare minimum with most aspects of her life whether it be school work, managing her appearance and personal health, or maintaining relationships with friends and family members. From her experiences, Kyoko has learned that it doesn’t matter how hard she tries; she’ll never achieve what she wants. So, she does not want any longer. She goes by every day with little to no expectations and has no drive or passion. People still interact with her because she doesn’t judge others and goes with the flow of things, but not one of them can really call her a ‘friend’. Not that Kyoko cares; she doesn’t see anyone as a friend either. All she does is exist, not live, in the moment.

Orientation: Straight

Likes: Video games, television, junk food, manga, and sleep.

Dislikes: Disappointment, school work, liars, and pants.

Extracurricular Activities: She is part of the Track Team in name only.

Short Bio: Kyoko used to think she had the perfect life when she was a child. She had loving parents, an adorable younger sister, and friends who she enjoyed to hang out with. All that changed with the sudden divorce of her parents when she was 8 years old. Never knowing about her parents’ resentment for one another, that change created a crack in Kyoko’s metaphorical rose-colored glasses and sadly, it didn’t stop there. With only her mother now taking care of them, her mother demanded better marks from Kyoko and her sister. Although Kyoko had always fared well in school, her sister proved to be a much better student than her and began to bring home tests with higher grades than hers. Kyoko did her best to try and win back her mother’s adoration, but nothing could reach her sister’s stunning grades.Her mother even went so far as to berate her and compare her to her sister to no end. It became so bad that Kyoko suffered an emotional breakdown during the high school entrance exams. Once she recovered, Kyoko decided from that day on that she wasn’t even going to try anymore. Her mother refused to raise a failure and shipped her off to her father who lived in Yamashima. Her father, too busy with his much younger girlfriend to worry about raising his teenage daughter, allowed Kyoko to stay in his apartment since he barely lives there now. Kyoko wouldn’t have had it any other way. She has been attending Yamashima High School for two years now and still lives mostly by herself in that small, two bedroom apartment.

Magical Girl Type: Racer

Element: Fire

Weapon: Tire

Costume: Kyoko has on a skin-tight bright red jumpsuit lined in black along the sides of her legs and torso, black racing gloves and black knee-high boots. Wheels will appear on the bottom of her boots if she wishes and are reminiscent to in-line skates. On her head is a black driver’s helmet with flames on the side and has a red-tinted shield that only covers her eyes rather than her entire face. The helmet also does not cover her bottom face around the mouth area like most driver’s helmets but rather the material only covers her chin. Her brown hair, now in a high ponytail, sticks out of the helmet’s back.

Attacks:
-Turbo Flames: Kyoko summons the wheels on her boots and skates until flames burst at her soles. She then jumps up and attacks the enemy with her fire-engulfed boots.
-Burnout Inferno: Kyoko uses her tire wheel weapon to summon a wall of fire that can protect her and her allies from most enemy attacks.
-Blazing Acceleration: Kyoko throws her tire wheel at an enemy. As it flies through the air, the wheel is engulfed in flames. The farther she is from an enemy, the more fire the wheel can accumulate. But this requires a lot of concentration from Kyoko’s part and if it breaks, the flames die down before it even hits an enemy.

---

Name: Shiroguchi Tatsuo

Appearance:
e968c3857e53b3bf5753b9f04e64544cdfcfc459.png
Personality: Reliable and polite, Tatsuo seems like the perfect gentleman at first glance. He always does whatever he is asked without complaint and puts others before himself. This is due to his severe insecurities and abandonment issues he hides incredibly well. He can get easily discouraged if things don’t go right and blames himself for the failures he or anyone he cares for come across. Independent to a fault, Tatsuo does not like asking others for help. Rather, he wants to be the one everyone depends on as he gives people support with a caring smile. His need to be of use can come off as meddlesome though as he will help anyone, whether they ask for it or not.

Likes: Movies, sweets, jogging, the outdoors in general, and jazz music.

Dislikes: Silence, his family, being by himself, mice, and failing.

Extracurricular Activities: Tatsuo works at a small bakery/cafe as a waiter.

Short Bio: Tatsuo doesn’t remember much about his parents. They had died when he was a young child and as he grew up, he was often rotated between family members. By the time he graduated high school and made it to college, Tatsuo had developed a low sense of self-worth and isolation from his own family and his classmates. In his depression, Tatsuo decided to end his life. However, before he could make the jump off his apartment building, he suddenly saw a vision before him of a woman surrounded by pure white light. The woman informed him of his greater purpose and spoke of the upcoming chaos that was to befall Yamashima in the near future, filling his minds with scenes of terror and destruction on landmark sites in the city. The only way to stop the complete annihilation of the city was for Tatsuo to find the five heroes of legend. When Tatsuo finally awoke from his vision, he was back in his bedroom with a small stack of CDs in his hand. At first, he was incredibly confused and completely skeptical of the entire thing but when he saw a breaking news story on his television play out a scene like the one he saw in his vision, Tatsuo realized that the woman had been telling the truth. Filled with a new sense of purpose, Tatsuo now searches the city to find these so-called ‘heroes of legend’.

I would like to reserve a Lightning Dancer please.

I've just gotten into idols.

Oh that sounds like an interesting Magical Girl! I'll add your name to those and cross them out once I have your character approved.

Someone's called Lightning and I'm giving her about a day or so to give me a character. Also, I was looking for role players who write at an intermediate to adept level. From what I can read from your character sheet already, I'm not sure your writing has reached that level yet. You can send me a writing sample to prove me wrong though but as of now, I cannot accept your character yet.

Someone's called Lightning and I'm giving her about a day or so to give me a character. Also, I was looking for role players who write at an intermediate to adept level. From what I can read from your character sheet already, I'm not sure your writing has reached that level yet. You can send me a writing sample to prove me wrong though but as of now, I cannot accept your character yet.
drac. I tend to hang around Beginner.

I'm so sorry! I should have mentioned that in the interest check! ><

I do appreciate the interest though!

Wait, aren't you using an already existing character as your magical "guy" and love interest?

Which reminds me, I need to add more info regarding the Love Interest characters.

I believe I'm more or less finished with these. Let me know if I've done anything wrong or if you want anything changed.

Sachiko Kikuchi
Name: Sachiko Kikuchi

Appearance:
31896.jpg

Personality: Some people call Sachiko a cheery, friendly person. Some people call Sachiko a psychopath that needs to learn boundaries. The truth depends on your perspective, but no one can deny she’s an energetic creature that loves to mess around. She’s the kind of person that delights to get in people’s faces and engaging them in spirited conversation. With someone she considers an acquaintance, she’ll often begin to engage in greater and greater levels of potentially inappropriate physical contact. Nothing perverse, usually just hugs and other displays of platonic affection. Sachiko never misses an opportunity to experience something new, provided it isn’t anything suspicious or sinister, and will eagerly take up any offer to go to a new place or try a new activity. It’s not impossible for Sachiko to end up being offended or angry, but usually she’s quick to forgive and quicker to make amends.

Orientation: As of yet unexplored.

Likes: Video games, reading just about anything, good conversation, sweet foods, trying new things.

Dislikes: Feeling trapped, being unable to help someone, rainy days, having nothing to do, being a third wheel under any circumstances.

Extracurricular Activities: Whimsical creature that she is, Sachiko is involved in several clubs at Yamashima High.

Short Bio: Once upon a time, when Sachiko was a little girl, her daddy read her a bedtime story. The story was nothing that would be considered special to any average joe, but to an impressionable child, a tale of whimsy, fantasy and adventure was truly enthralling. Sachiko grew up loving romantic tales of all kinds, especially the ones about knights on quests and wandering adventurers in fantastic worlds. So it stood to reason that as time went on, her father thought it would be a great idea to buy her an RPG. After all, how could someone that was in love with the idea of fantasy and adventure possibly turn down the opportunity to BE the adventurer in those stories? And her dad was right; she LOVED these games. Growing up, she became an avid collector of all kinds of RPGs and other related games. The one topic that is bound to make her gush more than any other is discussing a good story like those of her favourite games and books.

As a student, Sachiko is oddly successful in spite of her somewhat flighty nature. While certainly not a genius, she is clever and adaptable and capable of applying herself to a wide range of subjects. However, not all subjects catch her attention, and so sometimes her grades in certain areas have looked quite poor in contrast with the others. For the most part, Sachiko has gone through her education being told she has “potential”. Specifically, they tell her she could do very well if she applied herself to any one thing in particular. But therein lies Sachiko’s greatest dilemma; she has no real goal or aim in life, and has lived so far simply enjoying each experience as they come. What does she want to do with her life? She wants to experience new things, of course, but that isn’t a dream conducive to a stable lifestyle. Lately, her parents have been pressuring her to settle down and pick something specific to take up in life. But try as she might, Sachiko really just can’t bring herself to choose just one thing to make a career out of.

Magical Girl Type: Adventurer

Element: Wind

Costume: Sachiko’s costume has her dressed up like a traditional knight in shining armour, made to look as ornate and flashy as possible. Furthermore, she has a pair of makeshift “wings” attached to the outfit

Weapon: Lance

Attacks:
-Slip the Surly Bonds of Earth: Sachiko uses her powers to make her “wings” work like the real deal, giving her the ability to fly.
-Mercurial Thrust: Sachiko launches a fast and powerful attack with her lance, backed by a strong gust of wind.
-Tempest: Sachiko whirls her lance around, creating a tornado-like gale that will toss nearby foes aside and provide a degree of cover against projectiles.

---

Tsuneo Ashikaga
Name: Tsuneo Ashikaga

Appearance:
8409167.jpg

Personality: Tsuneo is a friendly enough individual in general. Perhaps the thing that stands out most about him is his ability to be largely unfazed by events around him. Meeting eccentric people and seeing them get up to any kind of mischief of hijinks will provoke nothing more than a look of mild amusement. He just tends to take people and actions like that in his stride and not allow it to really get on his nerves or shock him. Usually, if he’s in a position to do so, he’ll make sarcastic remarks about what he’s looking at, provided he’s certain he won’t be provoking anyone with a short fuse or particularly sensitive ego. In spite of his potential to make a few mocking statements, Tsuneo usually means no harm and tries to treat people with basic respect at least.

Likes: Reading, watching t.v., an occasional moment of peace and quiet.

Dislikes: Too much noise, haughty individuals, being in overt conflicts with others.

Extracurricular Activities: Tsuneo attends the Yamashima High book club.

Short Bio: Tsuneo grew up as the next door neighbour of one Sachiko Kikuchi. He was encouraged to interact with her by his parents, and at the time, he couldn’t have envisioned a worse punishment. He initially found the hyperactive and excitable girl to be insufferable, and used to go to great lengths to avoid having to spend too much time with her. But, as time dragged on and they both grew older, he developed a tolerance to her eccentricities and began to treat her as he would any other friend. He still likes to make fun of her antics when he feels like doing so, but he doesn’t think less of her for being who she is.

Okay, re-drafting the CS to be an original male Gunslinger archetype, with Earth as his element.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magical Guy[/BCOLOR]:

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name:[/BCOLOR] Alec Akiyama

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 18[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
dude_by_mahaash-d41sgbc.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR] Alec is best described as 'uncommitted.' If he finds something that he is well and truly interested in, he becomes extremely passionate, willing to drop all else to continue with his most recent fad. Otherwise, he maintains a guise of passive indifference, only performing the bare minimum to get by. Personality-wise, he is a technophile and a good person with a healthy amount of empathy, but he can be quite snarky at times, especially when frustrated or under duress. This can be misconstrued as him being an asshole, but in reality it's a coping mechanism towards being half Japanese in one of the most repressive cultures on the planet.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Orientation: [/BCOLOR]Heterosexual

[BCOLOR=transparent]Likes:[/BCOLOR] First Person Shooters, Third Person Shooters, Turn-Based Isometric Strategy games, EDM, Underground Rap, Knockoff Nike shoes, Technology, Creative fiction, gyros

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dislikes:[/BCOLOR] Call of Duty (strangely), Traffic, Country music, people who chew with their mouths open, the zombie genre, ethnocentricity, anchovies

[BCOLOR=transparent]Extracurricular Activities:[/BCOLOR] Alec works part-time at a gyro restaurant in downtown Yamashima as a line cook. It's one of his favorite foodstuffs; surprisingly familiarity with gyros does not breed contempt for him. He is attending Yamashima community college... his grades are not stellar, but at least he's passing.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Short Bio:[/BCOLOR] Born in Japan to a Japanese businessman and a nationalized Australian mother, his parents divorced when he was only 5. He moved with his dad to the United States, as his father worked for a Japanese tech firm localized in the US; the money was good, but he didn't make many friends in his new home. He found solace in video games, especially first-person shooters, a complete fanatic for Counter Strike: Source. His kill ratios were enough to make a CoD junkie throw a controller in frustration, but despite that, he never made the attempt to enter major league gaming, thinking it would kill the enjoyment he got out of shooters.
He had a falling out with his father when he was 15, considering him a 'working stiff with the personality of flaking plaster.' He moved back with his mom, introverted and not fully accepted at his school due to his ethnicity. Earning his GED, he entered the workforce at a job he enjoyed, building rapport and solidarity with the Greek owners of the business, both considered 'foreigners' despite their meager contributions to society. He'd be damned if he'll turn into what his father is.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magical Guy Type:[/BCOLOR] Gunslinger

[BCOLOR=transparent]Element:[/BCOLOR] Earth, specifically metals and composites

[BCOLOR=transparent]Costume: [/BCOLOR]His 'costume' is that of an advanced, futuristic-looking, self-powered, collapsible exosuit, complete with composite plates, a heads up display, and a thorium fusion power-pack concealed on the lower back that can last for a century. In Alec's words, 'it's enough to give Arthur C. Clarke a boner.' Despite the seeming bulkiness, it is surprisingly light, with the wearer able to maintain mobility without sacrificing survivability.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapon: [/BCOLOR]A Gauss Rifle, or what Alec calls a 'coilgun.' It can fire either lead 'shavings' using magnetized rails, which is extremely lethal, or non-lethal electric pulses similar to getting shot with a taser. He almost never uses lethal rounds, saving them for an absolute emergency. He never needs to reload; not even Alec understands this mechanism. Despite not needing to reload, it takes about half a second for the weapon to power up each shot, making the weapon itself semi-automatic.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Attacks/Abilities:[/BCOLOR]
Boom, Headshot! - Alec takes a moment to make his next shot count, increasing the chance of headshot. Also increases the chance of an armor-piercing attack.
Kinetic Shield - Alec projects an energy shield to the front of his person, collecting any projectiles fired at him, then fires the projectiles back. Has a cooldown time. Does not protect against projectiles fired at him from the back or the sides.
Jumpjets - Alec can engage temporary thrusters on the back shoulders of the suit that propel him into the air, as well as help slow falls.
Hand-to-Hand - Depending on whether Alec has his rifle wielded, he delivers a thunderous buttstroke with the composite stock, or a punch with enough force to pierce armor and rupture internal organs. The servomotors in the suit boost his strength, making such blows decidedly fatal to weaker enemies.

------------------------

[BCOLOR=transparent]Love Interest:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name:[/BCOLOR] Mai Chiyoko

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: [/BCOLOR]18

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: [/BCOLOR]Female

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
anime_girl_by_xogirlxo78-d4o9p67.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR] Despite her dark, and what some would say downright gothic taste in clothing, Mai actually has a bright, bubbly personality, and likes being a caretaker, a product of having to help look after her mom. She can be a bit scatterbrained on occasion, sometimes even a total space cadet. When Mai can actually focus, however, she has an intuitive, conceptual grasp on how technology works. She doesn't like to identify herself as a techie, however, due to the fear of being misconstrued as a 'gamer grrl.' She's the type of person to chose a male avatar on an RPG so that other players don't patronize her and give her free e-stuff.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Orientation: [/BCOLOR]Straight/Bi-curious

[BCOLOR=transparent]Likes:[/BCOLOR] Technology, Coding, Trap music, Red tuna, MMORPGs, Ripped Fishnets, Neon colors, Hatchbacks (the cars), Interpretive Dance, Slushies

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dislikes:[/BCOLOR] People pointing out that she's missing an eye, Brainfreeze, Smelly people, Eyesight tests, Aggressive drivers, Mean people

[BCOLOR=transparent]Extracurricular Activities: [/BCOLOR]She works at a hostess club, catering to men who like a more 'gothic' girl to talk to. She thinks it's hilarious that some men actually like the awkward tension between the girls and the patrons at the hostess clubs. Needless to say, she's got a loyal customer base.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Short Bio:[/BCOLOR] Having lived in Japan her entire life, she doesn't know the same ethnic tension that others might have experienced. Yet, she doesn't get why such tensions exist. ''We all live in a globalized society, why are people so uptight?'' Though harboring a bubbly personality, it's incongruous with her childhood. When she was four years old, she was in a car accident that paralyzed her mother from the waist down and left Mai blind in the left eye. Despite this trauma, she bounced back considerably, able to earn the respect and admiration of her peers in school due to her likeable nature. Luckily both her mother and father were headstrong people, able to adapt accordingly, and give their daughter the most normal life possible.

(EDIT: I added a single melee option to the character's repertoire of attacks; it wouldn't make sense to be entirely ranged if a self-powered exosuit allows the user to be effective in melee)

Perfect! You two are accepted!

Also, haven't made the rule addition yet but all potential live interests will romance another player's magical person and not your own. Because that ruins dynamics and things. We can leave it open and not set things in stone yet (especially since we need maybe two more players) or we can make plans now as to who you want your magical hero to fall for.

Also, glad no one picked a sword for their weapon. That helps me enormously with what I have in store for the Love Interest characters.

Can I reserve a Water Fighter and a Love interest? I should be finished by the end of tonight, or tomorrow morning.

I just wanted to make sure before I start writing up a character but is Gunslinger and the water element the only ones left?

Nope, it would have been the Water Fighter but its been called. Giving that player about 2 days to make her character. The Lightning Dancer has also been called but they haven't given me their sheet yet. I'll message them in the morning to see if they're still interested but I gave them permission regarding their character so they might still be. *shrugs*

Yes, I am still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.