Video Game Magical Girls (Sign-Ups and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Sonoda Akira

Appearance:
1bbf2d2a2bdaa8486894b19927460898.jpg

Akira looks like this, basically. However, her eyes are gold in hue, like lightning. She is about 1.67 metres tall and is much flatter than this.

Personality: Akira is a passionate young one. She cares for those who care about her, and means harm to those to mean harm to her. She feels the need to keep to herself, but is willing to lend an ear to any problems her comrades have. Sometimes, she might act selfish out of desperation, as she is not good with teamwork.

Orientation: Unknown, implied lesbian.

Dislikes: Boredom, bugs

Extracurricular Activities: She usually hangs out at an arcade when she isn't working. In addition to idol work done in a nearby Production Studio, she does Gravure work.

Short Bio: Akira was just an average kid - only child in the family, good family income, the usual. However, I guess you could say there was something different about Akira. Akira was always a [INFORMATION CANNOT BE DISCLOSED]. [INFORMATION CANNOT BE DISCLOSED], thus she was always teased by the other kids for her looks. As a result, she decided to use this trait to her advantage, to do one thing she had always wished to do - become an idol.
She was, one day, scouted by 189 Production, her current company, to be an idol. While it has only been a couple months, she was rising pretty steadily.
While having her regular job and regular life, she had time to boost her skills by going to arcades and karaoke sessions - alone. She was indeed quite a loner, but soon, fate would kick in, and destiny would allow her to live life to the fullest...

Magical Girl Type: Dancer

Element: Lightning

Costume: Her hair is tied into a pair of long, zigzagged, blonde, lower-area nape-area-down twintails. She wears some sort of idol attire that reveals her midriff. This attire consists of a shimmering yellow strapless bikini top, a white, sleeveless jacket that covers down to just above navel level, and a white-silver skirt. She also has shimmering silver high-heeled boots with golden lightning-bolt markings on each side. Additionally, she wears spunky gloves.

Weapon: Her weapon shares names with her alias - Idol Storm. It takes the form of a gold-hued microphone at its end, and the area below the main body is zigzagged, like a thunderbolt. A heart-shaped button present on the weapon can be used to unfold the microphone into a gold-hued keytar. The basic ability of this weapon is to produce sonic soundwaves and lightning bursts to strike.

Attacks:
Rhythm Storm - a basic lightning attack that strikes the opponent when she sings into the microphone.
Rhythm Shocker - A series of lightning attacks that strike the opponent when she strums the keytar. Basically an enhanced version of previously mentioned attack
Heavenly Stage: Masterpiece - An entire stage for Akira is formed. This enhances her attack power, as well as those of her allies.
Gravure for You - Akira removes most of her clothing items, leaving a bikini. Her lack of heavy clothes greatly enhances her speed and agility.

Your image didn't show up :/

Other than that, accepted!

@AgniSpirit I'm going to go ahead and let go of my reserved spot, so someone else can get the chance. I have a serious case of writer's block.
If you need any supporting characters or villains in the future, though, I may submit something. Good luck with your roleplay!

Oh okay Carlow. I was going to give you at least 48 hours but if you really think you can't think of anything, then go ahead.

@Crow, will you be making a Love Interest or is Akira your only character?

@Lady Bernkastelf, since Carlow might be letting go of her reserved spot, there will be an opening for the Water Fighter spot as well as two Love Interest characters.

Alright, I'm writing up a CS for the water fighter.

Name: Moriya Suwako

Appearance:
this is also the magical girl appearance
e0364c33515847cd0c9df8031d22f679.jpg

Personality: Suwako is a bubbly, cheerful girl, who may often act naive and immature. She even speaks a bit childishly. She has a serious side, but she doesn't care to show it in public much. Her perpetually positive personality is in a way meant to shield her from negativity, and cheer up those around her.

Orientation: North (unexplored)

Dislikes: Drought, extreme heat, black coffee

Extracurricular Activities: She is a shrine maiden at the Moriya shrine, run by her grandparents.

Short Bio: Suwako was a very awkward and troubled child. Unpopular and bullied, she never had any friends to play with at school. Instead, she used to go down to the river near school and play with all the frogs there. She mimicked their behavior; jumping like them, croaking like them, she even tried to catch flies like them. When the other kids found out, the bullying became even worse. They shouted "frog-girl" and "ribbit ribbit" after her in the halls and at lunch. The breaking point came when someone put a dead frog in her locker, after which she was sent into depression and her parents had to take her out of school. For a while, she was sent to live with her grandparents, who owned a shrine further upstream from where Suwako used to meet the frogs. She was happy there, and she managed to build up confidence by the love and support of her grandparents, as well as taking care of the shrine. Once the depression seemed to be over, Suwako was put back into school (albeit a different one this time). There, she managed to make friends, and she even became somewhat popular, but the scars of her previous experiences still live on inside her.

Magical Girl Type: Fighter

Element: Water

Costume: See appearance

Weapon: Mishaguji-san (Mr.Mishaguji): Mishaguji-san is the frog hat Suwako wears while in magical girl form, and it is what gives her her magical power. A sentient being, it speaks to her telepathically. He seems to carry the personality of an old man.

Attacks:
Geyser Leap: Red Frog - Allows her to jump high into the air, and dish out powerful kicks. This little froggy leaps like a geyser!
Divine Tool: Moriya's Ring of Scourging - Summons a ring of water, either to bind the enemy or to be used as a projectile weapon. In the name of the frog, I will punish you!
Blue Aura: Froggy Braves the Elements - Heightens her reflexes and speed to the point of figuratively being able to dodge water drops in the rain, or to figuratively make her punches and kicks as fast as the pelting rain. This brave little froggy will make it home safely!
Toad Slam: Jade River - Stomps on the ground like a sumo wrestler, sending out a wake of green water. Taste the strength of the sumo froggy, haiah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted! So that's all the Magical Heroes. I'm still missing two Love Interests but I know Crow is going to make one. I need to look at all there character's together and their orientations to make sure there's someone for everyone.

Love interest CS!

Name: Yukino Naomi

Appearance:

kannagi-sparkle.png

Personality: Naomi is a rather fierce and fearless girl. She loves a good thrill, and is not scared of seeking it out. It's easy to get caught up in her highly energetic behavior, or to tire of it quickly, making her the eccentric type of person you either love or hate. She has a good heart, though, and always means well, despite coming off as rude or intrusive at times.

Orientation: Lesbian

Likes: A good scoop, music that makes her pumped up, cute girls

Dislikes: Boring people, slow afternoons, bland food

Extracurricular Activities: Despite being a bit young for the part, Naomi has managed to make herself the president of the Yamashima High Newspaper Club, and thanks to her, the club now produces the Yamashima High Weekly, rather than the Yamashima High Monthly that they used to produce. If she's not in the club room writing an article, she's out on the streets of Yamashima, looking for a scoop or investigating an interesting story.

Short Bio: Naomi has always been an inquisitive girl, asking bothersome questions like "why is that?" and "how come?" at every little thing, being quite irritating to her parents, her older sister, and the teachers at school. As soon as she learned how to read, she started picking up every newspaper she could find. She became obsessed with journalism, and would often play a reporter at home, pretending her family were celebrities or witnesses so that she could interview them. This obsession carried over in her later years, and as soon as she was admitted to Yamashima High School, she set out to become the president of the Newspaper Club. She started out small, as a correspondent interviewing random people on the street, but quickly fought her way all up to presidency.

Both are accepted and have been added to the roster (although now we have two Mais :|)

We need ONE more Love Interest but we can start the roleplay without him/her for now. However we should go over if there is enough Love Interests who are available for a Magical Hero. From what I can see, only Sachiko (Edgey's character), Suwako (Lady's hero), and Mai Chiyoko (tinfoil's character) can go either way. Everyone else has a set orientation. That means... uh... god I have to do some math.

So that means we need another FEMALE LOVE INTEREST. I think that's right. Will someone check my logic? Basically I would like it if everyone who plays a Hero doesn't pair their Hero with the Love Interest they're playing. For example, my hero Kyoko can't be with Tatsuo so all who's left is Tsuneo. Or I can just change her orientation.

Would it be easier for everyone to set who will be paired with who or do you just want to let things run freely? Man, maybe I should make a poll. Too many GM problems... @.@

Also, I'd like everyone accepted to post in the OOC by Saturday so I know for sure you're on board. Or if you post telling me you can't anymore. It's Christmas and what not so I know people are busy. That's why the last day for roll call is so far away.

I'm still willing to participate. I think that if somebody else writes in a bisexual (or hetero) female love interest, that'll even out the ratio.

I would support letting things run freely. I for one would find it awkward to be saddled with a designated love interest.

That's a perfectly good point. I've done it both ways and am fine with either so that's why I gave the option. Besides, some seem to already be designated thanks to the orientations of some of the characters.

Ah, sorry, My bad <_> I'll change her name XD

Oh dear lord, her surname was almost the same as the other Mai, as well...

Happy Holidays! I think that we're about squared away to start this RP, if you are all so inclined.

I can start it tomorrow but I'm hoping the rest of the accepted players post here before I do.

Alright, changed your Love Interest's name on the list @Lady Bernkastelf. I will post the IC tomorrow but would like to see a post in the OOC by those who have not done so yet, which is just @Crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.