Vangoria's Mutant Program OOC

I've been telling people I want to be a grandmother when I grow up. It's the truth, and it keeps quiet those who want to help me plan a career.

As far as battle strategy, I'm open to suggestions both in-character and out.
I thought they'd attack Albania first and decided that (at least in this world) Albania has one main airforce base; take it out and any airborne threat from them will be minor. (I planned to split the mutants into two groups for this but haven't planned the details.) The queen knows Vangoria needs to remain under the radar for as long as possible and is counting on political dilly-dallying to post-pone other countries' support coming. There may also be some kidnapping of dignitaries involved. Any suggestions, @Mr. V ? Maybe the queen could deny everything if questioned and claim her Elite Military are terrorists (...who kidnapped her son?).

@ernieselephants No; the telepathic link is their ability. It's like being in two places at once and having a phone line that's impossible to trace. The twins can be gymnists or wrestlers or something else normal that would give them an extra advantage, but I think their ability is pretty good.

Also, I'm at work right now, but nobody's here and I have no orders to work on, so: freetime for roleplaying.
I was gonna suggest somehow later later in the rp, Ms rodent spy is captured and interrogated. Or something, and they have her mother as another hostage.. I dunno. :3 just a suggestion, free to reject!

I've been telling people I want to be a grandmother when I grow up. It's the truth, and it keeps quiet those who want to help me plan a career.

As far as battle strategy, I'm open to suggestions both in-character and out.
I thought they'd attack Albania first and decided that (at least in this world) Albania has one main airforce base; take it out and any airborne threat from them will be minor. (I planned to split the mutants into two groups for this but haven't planned the details.) The queen knows Vangoria needs to remain under the radar for as long as possible and is counting on political dilly-dallying to post-pone other countries' support coming. There may also be some kidnapping of dignitaries involved. Any suggestions, @Mr. V ? Maybe the queen could deny everything if questioned and claim her Elite Military are terrorists (...who kidnapped her son?).

@ernieselephants No; the telepathic link is their ability. It's like being in two places at once and having a phone line that's impossible to trace. The twins can be gymnists or wrestlers or something else normal that would give them an extra advantage, but I think their ability is pretty good.

Also, I'm at work right now, but nobody's here and I have no orders to work on, so: freetime for roleplaying.

Obviously, that one airbase is a target, and a major one. If Vangoria wants any sort of advantage, we need air superiority. Therefore, the goal would be to pillage and steal the fruits of that base and then salt the earth (burn the f**ker down). An ISIS-reminiscent façade ("We want to establish a separate nation and will slaughter any in our way") could work in the ways of fending off suspicion. Of course, the King could never be seen, by any circumstances. His very cooperation financially would reflect badly on Vangoria, let alone actual physical involvement (that would be hellish for publicity). Therefore, the best idea would be a slow rise to power. The Elite Military (in disguise as a terrorist cell) begins infiltrating and devastating nearby regions, stealing tech and weapons, while at home Vangorian regulars train with the new tools for a full-blown war, where a highly trained and armed-to-the-teeth army fights alongside superhumans against the world (I will need some heavy body armor for protection against bullets, while not overly hindering my movement. I'll let you figure that out, though I suggest boron carbide plating and Kevlar, allowing for fluid movement while protecting against high-caliber rounds). Of course, we're starting out in the Mediterranean, and the not-too-rich part of it. Albania, Bulgaria, Vangoria, FYRUM. All countries who cannot provide much in the ways of advantages. Which raises another question: How far is Vangoria hoping to expand? I mean, all kings and emperors have ambition. But some have more than others. And if we're talking the next Alexander the Great who wants a new world empire, we might want to consider some high-priority targets, like military bases in Germany, Italy, and France (are those still world powers?) where major manufacturing would take place. In short, high-risk-high-reward for trying northern, north-western European countries, low-risk-moderate-reward for expanding south, southeast into Asia and the Middle East. There's definite reward in the form of Middle Eastern oil reserves, which could work easily to Vangorian advantage (I recall a story from The Stormlight Archive's "The Way of Kings": The girl Shallan's family was one of nobility, but was rather poor due to bad management and one of her brother's gambling problems. Then, out of nowhere, more and more quarries begin appearing on her father's land, driving them into a life of affluence. This was, of course, due to a magic item known in the series as a fabrial, which her father had borrowed from a secret society in order to convert empty tracts of land into productive quarries. We could use this same miraculous excuse in Vangoria for sudden sales of petroleum: The country had recently uncovered oil wells and were exploiting them to their fullest extent, while not letting any other countries witness the actual mining, thus hiding the fact that it was actually stolen from, say, the United Arab Emirates, or Kuwait) by simply selling it for a low price on the European market, and then using the money to buy or kick-start national manufacturing of weapons and vehicles for correspondence with the above strategy.

Also, GET BACK TO WORK (after responding)!!!!

Obviously, that one airbase is a target, and a major one. If Vangoria wants any sort of advantage, we need air superiority. Therefore, the goal would be to pillage and steal the fruits of that base and then salt the earth (burn the f**ker down). An ISIS-reminiscent façade ("We want to establish a separate nation and will slaughter any in our way") could work in the ways of fending off suspicion. Of course, the King could never be seen, by any circumstances. His very cooperation financially would reflect badly on Vangoria, let alone actual physical involvement (that would be hellish for publicity). Therefore, the best idea would be a slow rise to power. The Elite Military (in disguise as a terrorist cell) begins infiltrating and devastating nearby regions, stealing tech and weapons, while at home Vangorian regulars train with the new tools for a full-blown war, where a highly trained and armed-to-the-teeth army fights alongside superhumans against the world (I will need some heavy body armor for protection against bullets, while not overly hindering my movement. I'll let you figure that out, though I suggest boron carbide plating and Kevlar, allowing for fluid movement while protecting against high-caliber rounds). Of course, we're starting out in the Mediterranean, and the not-too-rich part of it. Albania, Bulgaria, Vangoria, FYRUM. All countries who cannot provide much in the ways of advantages. Which raises another question: How far is Vangoria hoping to expand? I mean, all kings and emperors have ambition. But some have more than others. And if we're talking the next Alexander the Great who wants a new world empire, we might want to consider some high-priority targets, like military bases in Germany, Italy, and France (are those still world powers?) where major manufacturing would take place. In short, high-risk-high-reward for trying northern, north-western European countries, low-risk-moderate-reward for expanding south, southeast into Asia and the Middle East. There's definite reward in the form of Middle Eastern oil reserves, which could work easily to Vangorian advantage (I recall a story from The Stormlight Archive's "The Way of Kings": The girl Shallan's family was one of nobility, but was rather poor due to bad management and one of her brother's gambling problems. Then, out of nowhere, more and more quarries begin appearing on her father's land, driving them into a life of affluence. This was, of course, due to a magic item known in the series as a fabrial, which her father had borrowed from a secret society in order to convert empty tracts of land into productive quarries. We could use this same miraculous excuse in Vangoria for sudden sales of petroleum: The country had recently uncovered oil wells and were exploiting them to their fullest extent, while not letting any other countries witness the actual mining, thus hiding the fact that it was actually stolen from, say, the United Arab Emirates, or Kuwait) by simply selling it for a low price on the European market, and then using the money to buy or kick-start national manufacturing of weapons and vehicles for correspondence with the above strategy.

Also, GET BACK TO WORK (after responding)!!!!
You:
[spoili]
6cd9f76fa1eff6a9af3756e4d098150281186cafe4f02c1edba3dc9f29475136.jpg
[/spoili]

Me:
[spoili]
BjAq5SlCYAAoYRV.jpg:medium
[/spoili]

@Mr. V Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with most of the military terms you used. Have a chart or short article I could read for more knowledge on the subject?

The queen hopes to expand Vangoria to be at least as large as Greece, but the king might be more ambitious. Capturing some oil wells could be a good strategy for income, but it wouldn't really be an option until Vangoria gets a Mediterranean port.

I like the pink stars. All these EO boxes aren't good, though.

@Mr. V Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with most of the military terms you used. Have a chart or short article I could read for more knowledge on the subject?

The queen hopes to expand Vangoria to be at least as large as Greece, but the king might be more ambitious. Capturing some oil wells could be a good strategy for income, but it wouldn't really be an option until Vangoria gets a Mediterranean port.

I can't even get those little hide/show buttons on this thing. But here goes nothing (most are my understandings and not official definitions, though I think I get pretty close):
  • Air superiority- Being the dominant force in air combat (having a single F-22 Raptor, one of the most powerful fighter planes of this century, will win you a battle against a fleet of early 20th century biplanes). That airbase you mentioned would likely have some aircraft (likely not many uber-powerful fighters, but some things) that Vangoria would be well-off with.
  • ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria), an super-extremist terrorist group that has been denounced even by al-Qaeda as too extreme. Rather than a Muslim reformation, they want an entirely new nation to themselves to govern as the Quran commands. I compare ourselves to them as a means of getting the idea of a terrorist cell with dominating ideals across.
  • Boron carbide is a dense and hard material often used in body armor, though not as much as on the scale as I'm thinking.
  • We might be able to transport troops through the regions labeled Philadelphia and Constantinople over land into Turkey and other oil-rich countries, though transport back would be an issue.
Anything else?

• Thank You
Reactions: AAB
Sorry. Recently came back to school. Today was at a party. Tomorrow I have another birthday to attend to.
ill be finishing my CS now

So what's the strategy for dealing with countries once they catch on to the Vangorian plan? I'm pretty sure there are laws about open expansion of territory nowadays. And if the U.S. gets involved, I can pretty much guarantee that nukes are going to be on the table, especially once they figure out we have superhumans.

Also...
Where did everyone go?

Omfg. I keep having last minute plans. I also feel embarrassed cause while doing Dolores's CS I passed out on the tablet o.o

So what's the strategy for dealing with countries once they catch on to the Vangorian plan? I'm pretty sure there are laws about open expansion of territory nowadays. And if the U.S. gets involved, I can pretty much guarantee that nukes are going to be on the table, especially once they figure out we have superhumans.

Also...
Where did everyone go?
Well, the laws about open expansion are something we get to decide on in this parallel world. As far as the US getting involved, in this world their bureaucracy is insane (though their weapons are powerful) and it could take months before they get past paperwork issues and get involved. So the queen is focusing on Europe alone in hopes that by the time the US is involved, Vangoria will be able to withstand them. Kidnapping the children of the leaders of the strongest and most active of European countries could help keep them at bay.

And...that is a good question. I hope this doesn't turn out like my other roleplays, with lots of OOC interest and nobody showing up for the IC (which in the past has been made within two days of the OOC).

Well, the laws about open expansion are something we get to decide on in this parallel world. As far as the US getting involved, in this world their bureaucracy is insane (though their weapons are powerful) and it could take months before they get past paperwork issues and get involved. So the queen is focusing on Europe alone in hopes that by the time the US is involved, Vangoria will be able to withstand them. Kidnapping the children of the leaders of the strongest and most active of European countries could help keep them at bay.

And...that is a good question. I hope this doesn't turn out like my other roleplays, with lots of OOC interest and nobody showing up for the IC (which in the past has been made within two days of the OOC).

Hm. Well, if it doesn't work out (and even if it does) I'm working on a new RP and I'm going to need a really good cartographer.

Reactions: AAB
AAB, would you like me to try and advertise to friends? Get this thing kicked off? And someone needs to wake up those other three.

Also, why is my name green?

AAB, would you like me to try and advertise to friends? Get this thing kicked off? And someone needs to wake up those other three.

Also, why is my name green?
Sure. I'll try waking up the others.

I've been here. Sorry for incompletion. School has been tiring me out, after I come home I crash on the bed then nap, eat, do work >_<
I think I'll ever have free time on weekends

Quick question before I start doing things.

Would pocket dimension be like the TARDIS from Doctor Who (if anyone has seen it)? Where something may look small, but is actually quite large on the inside?

Yes, but also quite literally a pocket dimension, like your pocket is a bag of holding. The original version of that ability was called "box powers," and the person with it could access their pocket dimension from any container. Put a spatula in a jar in New York, take it out of a hobo's pocket in San Francisco.

pretty-brunette-wallpapers_33561_1920x1200.jpg

Name: Minna Hannula
Country of Origin: Inari, Finland.
Mutation: Oddball - Have access to a pocket dimension.
Backstory: Minna lived a normal life. She had a loving family, who had just enough money to get by without troubles. They lived in Inari, Finland, where the grass was the greenest green it could be and the sun was always beaming down at people from a clear, blue sky. Winter was when Inari was at its most beauty. Well, at least to Minna. But that's getting off topic! Minna was the youngest of four siblings. They were all quite close and she loved them to death and vice versa. But, sometimes, she wanted to be in her own world. Her wish came true when she opened the door to her bedroom and was greeted with a whole other world inside. Afterwards, a man came knocking on her family's door, stating that he was there for Minna. The young girl looked at him with unadulterated suspicion as he pulled her to the side and spoke to her about her newfound power. He told her about an Elite Military, where others like her would be, and she immediately agreed to join. Sure, it was hard to say goodbye to her family, but she felt like this was the best decision. So now here she is, joining Vangoria's Elite Military.

Last edited by a moderator: