VampireXVampire Hunter

He held her close

" tell me what your afraid of"

"I think you know."

She whispered, resting her head on his chest. She wished she could hear the sound of his heart and his breathing, but she knew she would never hear that again. After a few moments she lifted her head up.

"I think the car is probably done by now."

He sat up uncomfortable and looked at her

"theres something bothering you..."

She grumbled and buttoned her jeans.

"We've already talked about it. I don't want you trying to kill yourself again."

She got up off the bed.

"I just lost Wyrd and I don't want to loose you either."

She sat in the chair.

He studied her face and then put on his shoes

" your not going to loose me"

He gritted his teeth and walked out the door

I will if you keep walking out on me like this!

She got up and went into the bathroom and angrilly shut the door behind her. She leaned against the door for a moment before stripping down and starting a shower.

Ryder went and got ther car he sat in it for a minute and thought hard, he got out the car and walked back to the hotel, once inside he lay on the bed and placce is habds over his face

She heard him come back and let out a sigh of refielf as she showered. After a while she turned the shower off, dried, and changed into some fresh clothing. She saw him on the bed then with his hands over his face. She stood there for a moment, trying to decide what she could do. She sighed and climbed on the bed. She gently took his wrists and pulled his hands from his face and leaned down and kissed him before pulling back. She gently messaged his chest with one hand, her other combing through his hair repeadtely, trying to comfort him.

If anything, you should be angry with me.

She said after a while, still combing through his hair and messaging his chest.

He sighed and kissed her back

its my fault

He caressed her cheek softly

" i feel bad about everything"

She frowned at him.

"What have you to feel bad about? I'm the one who ruined your life by coming here in the first place."

She held his hands in hers close to her chest.

"If it weren't for me coming here, you wouldn't have people trying to kill you."

" its not your fault at all i fell in love with you, we were drawn together..i dont regret anything"

He held her close and kissed her lovingly

i want to be with you forever (if thats possible for people like us)

She smiled weakly and returned the kiss, her hair still wet from her shower and smelling like fresh shampoo.

I am glad you don't regret anything. And we will be together for as long as we stay together.

She paused for a moment or two.

But still...If I hadn't had come to your school, you wouldn't have fallen in love with me and none of this would've ever happened.

She pulled away from him a little, refusing to meet his eyes.

"Would you stop!?"

Ryder was getting fustrated on the subject and it was getting to him

" its not your fault so stop blaming yourself"

He sighed and looked away

She touched his cheek and turned him towards her.

I just didn't want you to keep blaming yourself for everything. That's all.

She leaned down and kissed him deeply.

I'm sorry to have upset you. I'll stop. But only if you stop.

She said, pulling back from him. She paused a moment then, and an amused smile flickered across her lips.

"You know, for all of the arguining and then the kissing we do, you'd think we were married."

She joked, trying to lighten the mood a little.

He smiled at the comment and then kissed her lips, he paused for a moment

if i stop what?

"
yea we doo act like a married couple"

If you stop blaming yourself for things and hating yourself.

She adjusted her position and strattled his lap, her hands on his stomach. Despite her attempt to lighten the mood that had settled between them, she was worried and anxious. She had a feeling that the council members and others were tracking them, trying to find them. She didn't know how much time they had left. No doubt word about them had spread among her kind and the vampire hunters.

he looked at her, his facial expression turned more serious

" do you think they know where were at?"

She frowned a little.

"Let's just say I would be surprised if they didn't. No doubt they're tracking us, asking people if they've seen someone who fits our discription. We might want to come up with fake names..."

She trailed off and her nails dug into Ryder's skin as she remembered them killing Wyrd in cold blood and knowing they wanted to do the same to Ryder. She had led one innocent man to his death by being in love with him. She wouldn't know what to do with herself if it happened again.

He frowned and sat up looking out the window

" new names hmm..alex i guess its common.. i whish they'd leave us alone"

he felt her nails dig into his skin, he winced

She noticed him wince and then realized she had dug her nails into his skin. She dug them out.

"Sorry."

She muttered and got off his lap and went to stand in front of the giant window of their room.

"I guess I'll be Jessica."

She said, though she sounded like she was distant in some far off place.

"And I'm afraid they won't leave us alone until...well..."

She stopped, not having to say more.