Vagabond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vector raised up his front arms in a defensive position to avoid his verbal attack. "Geez, don't blame me for it! I tried to warn him NOT to open the portal, and it was Crystal's idea to send him there, anyways. But did either of them listen? Noooo." After saying this, he let out a deep sigh. "Look, I'm sorry about sending everyone to Earth, but I highly doubt that one Avian can declare war on an entire species." He considered this thought for a moment. Zein was pretty much at war with anyone that got in his way (especially dragons), and even with himself sometimes. "Wait... nevermind. I'll do my best to bring them back. You, uh... go do whatever it is a Tiana does." He swirled back around in his spinny chair to face the monitor on his desk, trying to think of ways to solve their dilemma.

To avoid conflict with an obviously incredibly intelligent possible ally, Tiana dropped everything she was gonna say, huffed in annoyance and started drawing little stick dragons in the dirt. She continued the conversation in her mind. If he is smart enough, and he is, he could easily manipulate those mellow creatures ........*insert various ideas about how he could drive humans into submission here*......... Hopefully he won't figure out a place to operate atomic bombs, which he would probably be really happy to use, since to get to an atomic bomb operating system he would have to get through layers and layers of security which would make humans instant enemies, again, why would I care, it's not my dimension anyway, and blah blah blah..

After a few minutes of paranoid brainstorming about what horrible things Zein could do to Earth, she began to grow bored of it and started doing something she would normally do when she's bored. Apart from playing around on the Internet, of course. She rearranged little clumps of dirt and debris around her into little constructions, she was drawing things with her claws and occasionally releasing a silent chirp of meow. She bobbed her head and started humming some song every once in a while. Silently, so she doesn't majorly annoy Vector. The songs were usually gibberish, and changed their tempo rapidly.

Meanwhile...

Noah scrambled to get a hold on a nearby "Guide to Animal Encounters" and started to rapidly flip though the pages. Bears, Wolves, Deer, Rabid Squirrels... nothing about large reptiles. He wish he had his trusty pistol, but he left the gun back back in the car outside of the park. "Oh boy, oh boy..." he said to himself, starting to panic. Peering out the window once more, he saw that the creature hadn't moved since he last saw it. Maybe it was asleep, or... waiting for him to come outside? Curiously began to get the better of his fear, and, grabbing a nearby knife, he slowly opened the back door once more and slipped out. He then slowly inched closer to the creature, careful to stay quite as possible. He wanted to know just what this thing was. Drawing closer with his knife raised, he gained a much better of view of what lays in front of him-- it indeed was a blue lizard, but also had fins, wings, and a long, bladed tail. The creature appeared to be battered and scathed, as if it was just in a fight. Overwhelmed with curiosity, he dropped his knife and reached out to place his hand on the newcomer's scaly tail.

Crystal had been just laying there for awhile now, trying to gain the nerve to get up and explore her new environment. The once tightly packed scales on her body unwound and became more visible, slightly shivering across her body with agitation. She didn't either notice or smell the bipedal creature that was slowly drawing near to her with a weapon. However, her deep thoughts were soon interrupted by a new, sudden feeling: something had touched her tail, right where she had previously been grabbed by her enemy. Animal instincts kicking in, she smacked the human right across the nose with her tail and reared up, revealing her shield-shaped face.

After taking this hit, Noah took off back to his cabin like the coward he is, screaming something that sounded like 'MONSTER'. Just by examining the way he acted, is was rather hard to tell that he was actually a detective, someone who dealt with crime and mystery. Instead, he was hiding back inside his refuge like a scared child.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Sorry I just don't know what to type here. You can go on.)

(That's okay, I just don't quite know how to interact with you from here. Just to let you know, those three will likely to stay on Earth for quite awhile, so I'd suggest maybe getting some more characters involved, or maybe creating a new one for the fun of it. It's just a suggestion; I don't want to force any decisions on you or anything.)

--------------------

Vector was still examining the monitor, waiting for any ideas of where the travelers ended up. As if to answer his question, three dots suddenly appeared on the radar, each giving the location of the beings that went through the portal. "Tiana, come look at this!" he shouted, suddenly excited, "I found out where they ended up!" pointing to the screen, he continued, "They all ended up in a human realm called 'North America', more specifically in the mid-west of the region. I'm tracking them as we speak." he went back to typing, trying to figure out which dot is which. "Uh-huh... so one of them ended up in a forest place called the Rocky Mountains, another ended up in a nearby city called 'Denver', and the last dot..." he trailed off, but then spoke up again, "is in a-- well, I'm not sure what that is." Vector zoomed in and pointed to a large dome, which looked much like a stadium of some sort. "Well, at least we found them! Now just to find a way to bring them back." he said, rather cheerfully.

(Sorry this is a bit late, had some guests over)

Tiana jumped up in excitement in the middle of a dirt drawing. "Wow really?!" She started trotting over to Vector's desk, but because she stood up too fast she was dizzy and stumbled on a larger rock, or a piece of shrapnel. She didn't really pay attention to what it was. She waited a couple of seconds for the dizziness to go away and then stood behind Vector. "That's a pretty darn dangerous place.. As far as I know". She bobbed her head. "Uuhhh... Maybe you can give me some between-world-comunication device thingamajig and I can try to find them? I am a little tired and stuff but I know some stuff-and-things about surviving out there so I can help them until you can get them out of the place.. You can tell me where to find them and stuff. Tho I wouldn't go there before you figured out who was who, wouldn't wanna run into Zein.."

Vector looked mildly surprised by Tiana's sudden enthusiasm. "You do know that you're going to have to bring ALL three of them back, right? Alright, then." Placing down his glasses, he jumped out of his chair and trotted over to a stack of drawers. After some time of digging around in it, he pulled out what looked like two small microphones and handed one to her. "Just press and hold on this when you want to talk to me, and I can do the same to you from here. Simple enough, yes?" He turned and placed his end on the monitor. "Though keep in mind that this is technology, not energy-powered 'magic', so it might short circuit when wet. And as for who is who..." not moving his glance, he typed in a few console commands and some new information popped up. "...Crystal is the one in the mountains, Gem is at that weird-looking stadium, and Zein is in the city called 'Denver'. They're all relatively close to each other by region standards." Concern started to fill his eyes. "If you're sure that you know what you''re doing, then I won't stop you. Just be careful, okay? I'd hate to be responsible for losing you."

(I gotta go now.)
Tiana took the little microphone and toyed with it, and looked at it from different angles. ''O..K...." She bobbed her head after fully processing Vector's instructions. She tried to block out the bringing back of Zein as well part, she knew she had to do it eventually, but she just didn't want to think of it right now.

"Eh. I never really know what I'm doing. But I don't think a walk in the forest will do much harm. If anything happens blame it on me. Or the Internet. Yeah. Blame it all on the Internet.. Oh. Wait just a sec. I have a bag full of useful stuff-and-things up on the surface. Can I get it first and.. Bring it with me?"

"By all means, go ahead. Wouldn't want to leave your stuff, now would we?" Vector said, still grinning from Tiana's last remark about the Internet. It was pretty humorous, at least to him. Pushing his pleasure aside, he then inserts a new command, and the large, metal door to the exit swings open. "Also," he gestures around the room with a wide swing of his paw, "There's all sorts of weird stuff around here that I created while in captivity. I dunno if anything will be useful to you, but feel free to bag any of it on your way. Once you enter the portal, it will most certainly close behind you, leaving you stranded in some place in the region." He paused for a moment, and left that statement at that.

Crystal was thoroughly offended. She didn't exactly mean to slap the poor creature that approached her-- it was all instinct. But before she got the chance to apologize, he ran away screaming 'monster' and she didn't feel so generous anymore. She managed to recognize the creature that insulted her whilst it ran away. What were they called again? Yoomans? Humans? Something like that. She sighed, wishing that she had learned more history while training at her old academy. Bitter thoughts began to flood back into her mind-- it was Zein's fault that she was pulled out early, and therefor didn't complete nor learn from the rest of her semesters. After huffing indignantly, she quickly slank away into the nearby bushes, hoping that the yooman didn't come back to bother her again.

Meanwhile in the cabin, Noah was having a hard time comprehending with the fact that a dragon was skulking outside. He tried dialing every number he could think of: animal control, his mother, the police-- though that last one was kind of ridiculous considering that he WAS the police. Unfortunately, he temporarily forgot that he had little to none phone service out in this area. Nope, he was stuck here all by himself with a somewhat broken arm, a bruised nose, and no outside help. Becoming somewhat desperate, he started to recite to himself everything he knew about dragons. Okay, so dragons... dragons... they like treasure, breath fire, are voracious eaters, and like to steal princesses. However, he didn't have any treasure or princesses to spare, and he wasn't all that interested in giving up himself as a sacrifice. Gathering some courage, he did the only thing he could; he pulled out some preserved meat from a nearby cooler and topped it with dried apple slices. It definitely wasn't the best meal in the world, but hopefully it could gain the dragon's favor. Slipping out for the third time, he swift ran back over to the crater-- thankfully, the giant lizard was gone, so he just left the food laying out in the open. Waiting for the beast to return, he slipped away behind a nearby tree.

"Ok..", Tiana bobbed her head.
She slowly walked out the door, exposing a weird, pigeon-like movement that was always in her step.
It took effort to climb up the steep walls but after a few minutes she was dragging her big bag back into the room.
''Uuh, can I leave some of the books here, you know, so I don't have to drag extra weight through the forest?"
She pulled a big red book that said "ARCHANIDS OF AUSTRALIA" and had a picture of a big spider on it.''I hurely won'd meed dis thing, for eghample.", she tried to speak with a book in her jaw. She dropped the large book by her feet and scanned the little pieces of technology all around her.''About all these gadgets, yeaaaahhh I have no idea what any of them do".

(NEW CHARACTER TIME YEAH)
A few miles away from the stranded Aurophians, up high in the air, flew a young dragon. The dragon was bright green, and had a fiery red crest, wings and underbelly. He was flying in full speed, with goggles, but his wings were half-closed. He was wearing a large device strapped to his back, and it had a jet engine coming out of it. Suddenly, something like a microphone emerged from it on a long mechanic arm and came to his head.
"Yo, Earl!", spoke up a young voice."Can ya tell me again, why the heck am I going through the Human dimension?"
The microphone crackled and a much older voice can be heard:"Because it is much cheaper than space travel! It costs a lot of money just to do this!"
"Yeah, but why did you have to set me up a route through North America?! It's freaking cold here, and I just avoided a huge storm. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if they already have like, 3 rockets after me".

"Hey man, I can't hear you very well, you are going pretty fast. Can you try to contact me once you reach the top of the Trophosphere?"
The green dragon sighed in annoyance: "Fine.."
"Ok, bye!"

The young dragon sped up and started heading upwards.

Yes, yes," Vector said, waving his hand in a rather dismissive matter. His attitude had suddenly changed back to that of his more refined slightly more annoying self. "Do or take whatever it is you want. Well, except for my muffins. I REALLY need those." He said, gesturing to a box of nearby muffins. "...What?" he said, trying to avoid getting a funny look thrown at him. "This kind of work gets exhausting! Even a hardworking guy like me needs to eat every once in awhile."

--------------------

As if to answer the young flier's last statement, two fighter jets suddenly burst from out of the nearby clouds. They were sleek and silver, and each had a red V painted on each side of their hulls. "V-Fighter to Centre, we have an unauthorized vagabond in flight," one of them spoke. "It's species does not appear on our scanners. What course of action should be taken?"

"Attempt communication," a new voice replied, coming from inside the jet's mic. "Do not open fire unless necessary."

The two pilots nodded in understanding and both pulled over in an attempt to communicate with their newcomer, each flying on his left and right side. "Halt, vagabond! Give us your license and identification," one of the pilots commanded. Their mission was simple-- capture or detain any unknown beings.

--------------------

Crystal was simply laying in the undergrowth, still thinking bitter thoughts. She shifted her position once in awhile, trying to get herself comfortable. However, her actions soon ceased when a whiff of meat and apple caught her nose. She didn't care much for the scent of meat, but after finding that apples were also present, she realized just how hungry she was. Fighting evil was quite a tiring activity after all, and without a proper supply of food, she knew that flying would be relatively impossible. Not caring if whether or not the human was responsible for setting out this meal, she casually walked out from her hiding place and back to the crater she landed in. There, she began to lick up the dried apple slices, but careful not to consume any meat. Being a Shape-shifter, it was terrible for her digestion.

Noah watched with new found fascination from behind his leafy shield, and his fear slowly faded away. Maybe this creature wasn't so bad after all, he thought, trying to reassure himself. He didn't understand why the newcomer didn't devour the preserved meat as well, but that was fine with him. Unfortunately, his thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of multiple jet engines coming from far above. Moving out of the shelter of his canopy, he squinted to get a better look at what was happening above. Apparently, there were two silver jets in hot pursuit of what appeared to be a smaller, green and red one, though it didn't quite look like any aircraft he had ever seen. Slightly frowning, he turned his gaze back to his dragonic acquaintance-- it was gone? "Huh..." he said aloud and turned around, only to find that it was right behind him, staring with large, blue eyes.

Tiana pulled out some more books.''Eh. Don't worry about ya muffins. I'd choose frozen parsley over muffins.. Or a bag of sesame seed".
She walked over to the teleporter. "So..?"

---------------------------

The green dragon was frightened at the two fighter jets beside him. He was trying to remain content and not freak out because if he did he might fall. "Darnit, Earl.......", he whispered to himself.

"Uuh... Name is Fly Firehawk. I.. I come in peace." He was nervous, it was obvious these were military planes. He tried to think of a way to introduce himself without getting blown up.

Vector flipped the switch on once more, opening up the large celestial portal. Nearby paper flew in various directions due to the force it was exhibiting, and some were even sucked into the other side. "Enter at your leisure," he announced. "Good luck, Tiana."

--------------------

"Alright, 'Fly'," one of the pilots began, somewhat putting emphasis on the newcomer's simple name, "We're going to have to ask you to pull over for submission. We are authorized to use force if you refuse to cooperate." They intend to take this being to the only place they could-- the Vagabond Centre for documentation. This 'Fly' character was obviously a new otherworldly species that hasn't been recorded yet, and could pose a threat if left to wander free.

Tiana stared at the portal hesitatingly for few seconds, and then sighed. She nodded at Vector, performed the 'salute' gesture and jumped through the portal...

----------------------------

Fly sighed: "Ok..... Please lead to where I can land".

He ended the transmission with the jets and called his friend on a distant planet. "Yo Earl...."
"Oh, Fly, it's you again! I suppose you reached the Troposphere?"
''Naw, man.."
"Then why in the world are you calling?! I'm busy!"
Fly tried to speak, but Earl cut in the middle of his sentence: "I'm on a very important meeting! Those stupid crooks stole 30 tons of Spice from our planet! 30 tons!"
"Just shut ya face and listen! Cancel the meeting with King Ba'reum''.
''What?! Why?!"
"
Freaking Humans that's what! I TOLD you! Now I gotta stop and they'll probably disect me or somethin'..''

The two pilots responded by pulling one jet to the front of Fly, and the other to guide the back. "Follow me, but don't try anything funny," announced the jet in front. On that note, their flight course altered to the side, attempting to both control and guide Fly to the nearest Vagabond Centre available.

"See, Richard? I told you they come in peace," transmissioned the back pilot to the front.

"We'll see, Chloe. We'll see," the front pilot replied, obviously unsure about their current situation.

In the far, far distance to the south, well beyond the Denver city and Rocky Mountains was the faint outline of a large stadium. As the three drew closer, it became apparent that this 'Centre' was enormous, expanding far beyond that of any normal stadium, and was topped with a large dome. It was rather hard to tell what was inside from this distance, but various planes, vehicles, and even spaceships could be seen coming and going from there.

''Uuugggggggghhhhh....... Shucks. I gotta go." He ended the transmission with Earl. Fly flew along with the jets. He really didn't have any other choice.. Being killed with a bunch of rockets in the face didn't seem very pleasant.

-----------------------------

The portal opened a couple of meters above the ground. Tiana fell out if it, and started sliding toward a river on some steep mush of wet dirt and pebbles. She tried to cling to the ground but she began stumbling down. Luckily, only her rear end ended up in the water. "Phew...."

She quickly jumped out of the cold water and made it onto stable ground."Uuh, Vector..? Oh, wait". She pressed the little button on the microphone. "Vector..? Can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear, Tia." Vector's voice appeared, talking over what sounded like some munching sounds. "Yes, you've even appeared on my radar: you're definitely in the mountain - forest area, probably nearest to Crystal," his voice silenced for a moment, swallowing a gulp of muffin. "So, what's your plan?"

--------------------

After many minutes of fast-paced traveling, the jets pulled in on a landing pad and opened up their hull. Out came a human male with blonde hair and blue eyes, followed by a female with black hair and green eyes, but had a darker complexion. They both wore blue jeans and a silver jacket, which had a bright red 'V' on the back, much like the ones painted on the sides of their aircraft. The male, who was called Richard by his companion, turned to face Fly. He didn't seemed to phased by the sight of a Fly, and neither did his friend who he called Chloe, as if they saw this kind of thing often. "So," he began, "just follow us into this here building for questions and registration, and we promise to leave you alone." Walking away from the launch pad, he entered in a code on the side of one of the Centre's many entrances, and the door slid open.

On the inside, the view was amazing-- It looked like a giant mall of some sort, littered with various technology, stands, and teleportation devices, and there were all sorts of races roaming around. Everyone appeared to be busily exchanging items and communication with one another, though there were no dragons to be seen. In fact, the majority of the population seemed to be human by the looks of it. "Welcome to Earth-- the Vagabond Centre," Chloe announced, rather enthusiastically.

( I gotta go now... And I won't be back for like 9 days. So, yeah. Cya in 9 days. Maybe a little earlier if I get a good connection.)

Status
Not open for further replies.