Vagabond

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Hai! I got my hands on a little better connection, so I'll be able to respond to you for a few days. :3 Probably not in a few minutes tho, it's a pretty busy schedule..)
"Uuuuuhh.. I'd try and get to Crystal first.. Then I'll see what is the best option for later",Tiana shook her head.

--------------------------------

Fly's eyes widened in amazement: "Holy ....! This place is huge! I never knew Earth had a place like this.."
Fly didn't think much of Earth before, especially not the human dimension. From all the magnificent royal palaces, alien planets and cities he visited, this place left most of an impact on him.

Richard grinned from Fly's amazed reaction. "Pretty impressive, isn't it? This is located in one of the least populated areas in the region, somewhere in Wyoming, and there is one Centre in each continent. There are all sorts of beings here: aliens, monsters, mutants, though mostly aliens." His smile suddenly faded away, reverting back to a strict frown. "Unfortunately, we can't let you go that easily, at least for now. Come on." He began to walk across the busily setted room with Chloe at his side, eventually leading Fly to what appeared to be a large counter. Behind the desk sat a woman with glasses; she had curvy brunette hair and brown eyes. She wore a simple black coat which was unbuttoned, revealing a white shirt and a silver necklace underneath. Looking up, she frowned at the three who were standing in front of her; she obviously wasn't the friendliest person.

"Mags, we caught a new one," announced Chloe, breaking her long-term silence. Turning around to face Fly, she said, "This is Maggie, the Director’s executive assistant. She'll help you fill out citizenship and such."

"My name in Maggie, not Mags," sighed the female called Maggie. Poking up her glasses, she took a better look at Fly, who's greater height loomed over her like a small tower. "Alright, I'm going to keep this quick and simple for you," she began, "The Vagabond Centre has some rules, and we expect them to be followed. First things first, do not reveal yourself to any humans outside of the Centre. When traveling outside, do not attack, blast, or kill anyone unless in self defense. Also," she sighed for a moment, obviously tired of reciting her script, "Devouring human flesh is strictly prohibited, regardless of their disposition. Wearing clothes is not required but highly recommended if you have any organs showing. Last but not least, you are NOT allowed to leave the Centre without a pass or explicit orders. Breaking any of the following will result in prison captivity. We clear?" Maddi finished, putting emphasis on her last statement. "And one last thing," she announced, handing what looked like a pen and a sheet of paper to Fly, "Please fill out this forum. We need to know the world you come from, the dominate race, and your personal profile, among other things. If proven successful, I'll create a traveler's pass for you. Please hand it back to me when you're done."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Uuh, ok...", Fly took the form and started reading it. "Hmmm... that goes there.. Ornitea...blah blah blah.. Eehh.." He spelled some word and then did it again while counting his fingers. He was writing in an unusual, clumsy handwriting. "Ok.. I guess I'm done..", Fly looked around and then turned his view to Maggie.

-------------------------------------

" Soooooo.... What should I do? Should I just walk to them with you navigating or do I just like, yell or something?" Tiana awaited instructions from Vector, she had to make sure she did absolutely nothing wrong and made no mistakes.

"Mhm," Maggie took the finished forum and opened up a laptop, which emitted a glowing blue light. She then began copying and typing in the information, not really caring whether or not her client had clumsy writing. The keyboard emitted a small 'click' for each button pushed, and after a few moments of rather awkward waiting, a new pass popped out from the side of the laptop with a satisfying success noise. It was small and white, dotted with bits of information like an ID card. "Whadda know, your information was accurate after all," Maggie announced in her usual monotone voice. "Alright, hun, you're free to go where you please. The Centre has all sorts of sections: history, culture, environmental, recreational, entertainment, hotels, teleportation, you name it. Just keep out of trouble, m'kay?" On that note, she handed the pass to Fly and closed the lid of her laptop, picking it up and placing it in a traveling bag.

"Mags-- I mean, Maggie, where are you going?" questioned Chloe, obviously surprised by this sudden move. Maggie rarely left her counter, after all.

"I'm leaving this joint. Sven will take my place until I come back." Maggie replied. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a plane to catch." Without another word, she stood up from her desk carrying her travel bag, and disappeared into the crowd.

--------------------

"Unfortunately, I can't zoom in on single individuals, though I can tell you which direction to head for," Vector replied, a sliver of uncertainty found in his voice. "Wait, you live on Earth, right Tiana? Then for now, just head west and see if you can pick up Crystal's scent or something; the two of you shouldn't be that far away from each other."

Crystal continued to stare at her new acquaintance, not feeling the slightest bit angry anymore; the food she just ate fixed that problem. He was a male by the scent of him, though she couldn't really tell his age. Young adult? Maybe middle-aged? And, unlike before, he didn't run away from the sight of her, though he didn't seem very confident in his decision, either. What a queer little creature.

"Sooo... dragon," Noah began, but didn't really have anything interesting to say. If anything, he was wondering why he was even talking to her in the first place. At least, it looked like a girl due to the necklace it wore.

Making a split-second decision, Crystal decided to speak back, though she didn't want to scare him any further. Considering the delicate situation, she decided to ask a simple yet friendly question: "Hi, what's your name?" The question seemed bland and childish, though these were the traits she was going for. The male human obviously didn't see sights like her very often, so she thought it was best to approach him in a casual manner. "I'm Crystallis, though you can just call me Crystal. Everyone else does."

Noah dramatically recoiled at the sound of Crystal's voice-- after all, he really wasn't expecting for her to respond. She was definitely feminine by the sound of her tone and name. He considered running back to his cabin, but then again, he was having a decent conversation with a dragon who didn't seem all that interested in having him for lunch. Opening his mouth to speak, "Uhh... I'm Noah. Noah Harrison." Perhaps this situation wasn't so bad after all. Slowly becoming more comfortable in Crystal's presence, he decided to take things a step further: "So... I'm just camping out here, you know, alone. I'm trying to get more involved in nature and stuff until this heals." Holding up a cast, he reveals to the dragon that his left arm is broken. "...Yeah. That." Could this conversation get any more awkward?

"Accurate.. ?", Fly muttered to himself as he sniffed the pass. "So.. Now I can go outside right?"

--------------------------------------

"Ok.. That sounds easy enough.. West.. yeah....... West.... Riiight..", Tiana's voice slided into silence. "Wait.. You wouldn't happen to know something about compasses would you..? Because.. I think I have one.. here.." She spoke along something that sounded like flipping of books and paper.

"Compasses? Yeah, they work here thanks to the natural magnetic field surrounding the planet. If you have one, it should show which way is west by pointing to the human letter called 'W'." Vector replied, happy to be able to provide some new information. "The 'W' looks like a... well, you probably know. Now get to it!"

--------------------

"Yeah, I guess," Richard shrugged, replying to Fly's question. "Oh and don't worry about that 'accurate' thing-- it's really not what you think it is. In fact, the only ones who get to know about other world's locations are Maggie, Sven, the Director, and the guys who run the teleportation devices. Nobody else, including us pilots, are privileged enough to have that kind of information." He frowns for a moment, "Strange people, those Maggie and Sven. They act so careless that it's sometimes hard to tell if they're even human or not. Ah well, we better get back to--"

However, his sentence was soon interrupted. Crashing through a nearby elevator device came a grayish-blue dinosaur of some sort, or at least that's what it looked like. Following it were about a dozen security officers, yelling commands and trying to get their escapee to calm down. However, the lizard-bird recklessly charged through the lobby, shouting something that sounded like, "I ain't answering any of your questions!" It was female by the sound of it's voice, and clearly upset.

Richard swore under his breath at the sight of the loose escapee. "Alright, who let the three-eyed creature out of the interrogation chamber? Ugh, I gotta go..." Giving Fly an apologetic glance, Richard sped off to help the officers detain the loose monster, whilst Chloe wandered off to prepare for their next flight.

"It's not a third eye, it's a GEM! You insolent creatures!" screeched the escapee as it ran strait past Richard. She was headed straight for Fly, and clearly didn't intend to stop anytime soon.

Crystal narrowed her eyes and sniffed at Noah's arm. She had to adjust her neck to get a better look, considering that she stood about 2-3 feet higher than him from head to toe and was significantly larger. "You have a funny way of treating broken limbs. Why would you wrap a thin sheet of cloth around it? That won't do any good." Suddenly, an idea occurred to her-- when she was sucked through to the human dimension, she was holding a health shard against her stomach, wasn't she? Yes, it was very likely that the shard was here as well. "Hold on. Just, uh... stay there." Dashing off into the undergrowth, Crystal disappeared for a few moments before coming back with a green shard in her mouth. It was slightly stained red with her blood, but she did her best to wipe it off. "Try this," she ordered.

Before Noah could respond, however, he already found that the green shard was pressed up against his arm. With a swift jerk, he felt his arm snap back into perfect condition. The shard, on the other hand, had dimmed to grey. It was all out of juice. Utterly surprised, Noah removed the cast to find that his arm was functioning like new. "What the--? How did--?" he was baffled. How did this even work? Looking up at Crystal's curious face, he said "Well... thanks, I guess." Noah thanked, flexing his arm.

Crystal simply grinned with pleasure. Hopefully their new friendship had been sealed.

Tiana sighed in annoyance and spoke up: "Yadda yadda yadda, I already know that! And I have one. I'm just not sure how to read it". She stopped for a second and then pulled out a miniature compass. She tapped on it with her claw. Tink tinktintintinktink. "Is the red part supposed to point North?"

--------------------------------

Fly was surprised at the sight of this strange bird like creature. Is that.... an Ornitean? He stared at the strange creature, and realized it was charging towards him.

"Whoa!", Fly tried to jump out of the way of the odd creature that looked a lot like the inhabbitants of his home planet, but slipped on the floor and fell right in front of it. "Gaaaah!", he flinched and tried to prepare for being trampled by an enormous beast.

Vector went silent for a moment. He wasn't used to being snapped at by anyone, especially when he was the one in control. Finally, he spoke up, "Uh-huh, I'm pretty sure the red tick points to north. Just, uh... twirl around some until the white tick points to west. Or something like that. Yeah, that should work." Vector replied. "Man, Earth physics are weird," he said more softly this time, speaking to himself.

--------------------

(I can almost imagine this music plating at 2:11)
"Move it, Greeny!" shouted the prehistoric monster as it ran strait toward Fly. She had to keep running if to make it out of this Centre and avoid the ones who wanted to capture her, though trampling this poor fellow wasn't the kind of thing she was into. Making a split second decision, she took a chance and jumped strait over the green dragon, but accidentally snagged part of his jet engine along the barbs on her tail. Not bothering to look back to see whether the greeny was attached or not, she opened her arms to full wingspan and began flapping wildly, trying to become airborne. Along the way, she accidentally knocked over various stands and many people, but she didn't care-- the only thing the creature wanted to do was to exit this crazy world and find her friend. After finally spotting the exit, she charged and burst strait through the doors, the jet engine still stuck to the end of her tail.

"..." Richard just stared at the mess that lay inside the lobby along with the rest of the people who weren't knocked flat on their butts. Finally speaking, "...All pilots report to their vehicles! We can't allow for this creature to escape and cause any further damage." He was obviously upset by the sound of his voice, but the surrounding security obeyed his order anyways. Soon enough, about a dozen jets took off from their launch pads and were searching for the escaped Gem monster and anyone else that might've had the same idea.

"Hmmmm.. k, I guess that's right.. Tho I think the grey thing is there just for balance. Ok, guess I should go now."

Tiana spun around and tapped the glass on the compass, trying to lock the red point on N. When she did, she sighed and started walking in the direction the compass showed was West, dragging her bag behind her.

--------------------------

"GAAAHHHHHHHHHH!", Fly screamed as the big being dragged him along. "HELP ME! GODDANGIT!" He frantically scratched the parts that connected the jet engine to his front legs and wings, but it wouldn't budge. "DARN IT EARL", he yelled as he was pulled out of the building.

The creature that called herself 'Gem' didn't cease her movement despite the fact that a frantic dragon was stuck to the tip of her tail. The only thing she heard out of him was something like "Earl", though desperation and anger blocked out her sense of reason, not to mention everything else that he said. Charging across the uplifted platoon, her wings beat with sheer ferocity, flashing colored streaks of hot red and yellow. How long was this drop, 30 feet? Maybe a hundred? Not stopping to consider the possibilities, Gem jumped straight off the edge. Fortunately, her full wingspan was just enough to keep both her and Fly aloft, though this was definitely no perfect flight. Taking advantage of the steep fall, she sloped downwards to gain more acceleration, all the while steadily beating her wings, which let out a satisfying whoosh sound for every flap.

However, the duo weren't the only ones in flight-- trailing close behind were the dozen jets who managed to take off in time. They were rapidly closing in on Gem's rather slow cruise with air torpedoes flashing, ready to fire at command. Twisting her head to get a better look at the situation, Gem realized for the first time that the green and red dragon was still attached to her tail. "What are you doing on my tail, Greeny? I told you to get outta my way!" Screeching angry pterroct noises, her tail began to lash around in mid-flight and jerked Fly this way and that, trying to knock him off of the tightly connected engine, though it didn't seem to do much good...

Noah and Crystal had been laying outside for quite awhile now, exchanging words and various expressions. They enjoyed each others' company, the bonds of friendship slowly forming. Despite the bright atmosphere, however, she could smell a storm coming on. But that wasn't the only thing found in the air-- Crystal also sensed someone familiar amongst the area. After all, each person she was deeply familiar with reminded her of something different, and this one happened to remind her of ocean mint. That certainly didn't smell like either Gem or Vector, and Zein simply had no definable scent. Could Tiana have possibly...? Stopping in mid-thought, she turned to face Noah, "I... uhh... need to go."

Noah looked both sad and relieved. "Alright," he shrugged. "I'll just be here when you come back." However, uncertainty filled his mind-- he didn't know whether or not the dragon that called herself 'Crystal' would actually come back. And, considering that his arm had been healed, it was probably time for him to return to the city soon. After all, he had to pay for this trip somehow, but how could he leave this encounter behind?

Crystal simply nodded and slank back into the undergrowth whilst Noah sat down, obviously going into deep thought. Someone familiar was nearby, she was sure of it. Deciding to wait for the person to show, she made her way to a nearby stream and rolled around in it. The refreshing water cleansed her scales, removing the dirt and leftover blood from her previous fight. Loose murmurs of pleasure escaped her throat as the waterbed rubbed against her back. Man, did she feel tired...

Soon after her wash, Crystal looked up to find that dusk was approaching. The daylight hadn't faded yet, leaving behind random streaks of orange sunlight. In a way, she looked forward for night to come. Not just because it was a great time for rest, but also because she had an interest in looking at the stars. And, considering that this was a foreign sky, it should be a lot more interesting. Maybe I could get Noah to tell me about some of the constellations? After this thought, she released a long, wide-open yawn, and began to wonder once again about that minty ocean scent and which one of the travelers reminded her of it.

Fly kept on yelling and trying yo get free of the beast's grip. He was trying to bite the connecting parts and hit it with his tail. Being dragged around in the air, and the sound and sight of the impressive fighter jets was too much for him, even as the adventurer he is, he couldn't cope with so many things going on. Terrified and confused, he turned around and screamed when the beast tried to talk to him. His wings instinctively started flapping around when the creature shaked it's tail in attempt to knock him off, trying to get loose.

------------------------------------------

"Uuuuuuuuuggggghhhhhhhhh.....", Tiana sighed as she walked through the forest in search of Crystal. She noticebly slowed down, already dragging her feet across the forest floor. With her nose runny and her eyes half-closed, she was already very tired. The blue dragoness was looking around and trying to find any sign of Crystal. She was freezing and slightly shivering. She stopped by a big ol' evergreen tree and took out her compass. Where the heck is she?! Am I even going in the right direction?! She bobbed her head and pressed the little button on the microphone: "Hey Vector, am I close to Crystal or something?! It's already dusk".

Looking back, the dragon appeared to be both confused and frantic, trying to get off as well. Apparently, he didn't really want to be here as well. Despite this, however, if he didn't get loose soon, then this flight was probably going to end in a crash-landing. After all, Gem wasn't the best flier in the world, and the struggling cause by both of them was greatly hindering her abilities. Gaining a grain of common sense for once, she stopped lashing around her tail just as a missile flew past her head. The jets were firing at them! "Hold on, you. Things might get a bit explosive," she said to Fly, despite that fact that he screamed the last time she spoke to him. As long he got the message, she didn't care what his reaction was.

One of the jets pulled up against the side of Gem, easily catching up to her flight. Instead of submitting, however, she twisted her head to face the direction of her attacker. The topaz on her forehead started to faintly glow with a yellow light, and soon after, the jet's engine exploded along with some of the others in the surrounding area, though the pilots managed to parachute to safety. Gem was using telekinesis, a power she used only as a last resort. Other jets and missiles began to combust as well, forcing their pilots to abandon their seats. However, despite her best efforts, one of the projectiles managed to make its way to its target, exploding and knocking Gem and Fly strait out of the sky. They ended up crash-landed in a nearby canopy of dried trees and rock, fairly far away from the Vagabond Centre. Fortunately, the force from the crash knocked Fly's jet engine right off her tail, but also knocked off a few of her tail barbs along with it.

--------------------

"Actually, yes!" replied Vector. "According to my radar, you two are very close to each other. Crystal appears to be near a cabin of some sort, though I can't really get a good look at it. Also, she hasn't moved around much, so that might make things a bit easier." A small yawn escaped his throat and into the mic. "Eheh... excuse me. Look, Tia, I've been here like, countless days and nights after being kidnapped. Sooner or later I'll have to head back to the valley and tell the others what's going on. But don't worry-- I promise to come back here to help again as soon as I can. Is that alright?"

Crystal's mood suddenly perked up; she thought she heard a faint voice coming from nearby, though it could be just her mind playing tricks on her. But I can't really take that chance, now can I? she thought to herself. Pulling herself up, she began to trek toward the sound of two voices, one female and one male and slightly mechanical, as if being transmitted. After a few excited moments of searching, she burst into the clearing where Tiana stood talking to Vector. Her eyes widened with surprise, "Tiana!" she exclaimed. This was too good, one of her friends actually managed to find her!

The young dragon was laying beside a rotten log, knocked out. His face and upper torso were covered with little gashes, sometimes with little branches or pine needles sticking out of them. He had a little burn on his snout from the explosion, and had wounds around his shoulders from the struggling. He was laying on his back, with his wings spread wide.
His jet pack ended up about 4 meters from him, tipped over and shorting out.

-------------------------------------------

"Yeah, yeah, sure. I'll just sit here and.. Try not to get eaten by bears.", Tiana shivered and ended the transmission with Vector, when she saw a familiar face. "Oh, hai, Crystal!", Tiana jumped in place, and a grin appeared on her usually frowning face. "I've been looking for you for hours!"Tiana started visibly shivering.

"Alright, well good day. Or, um... night. Bye," Vector heard his transmission close and sighed; he then removed himself from his swirly chair and trudged toward the exit. Thinking, he understood why Tiana could be concerned about bears, but his mind was concerned about a much more dangerous predator that was lurking out there somewhere. After all, the intelligent yellow dragon almost ended up in the villain's digestive track himself. Thank goodness for those three! I can't imagine what would've happened if they didn't show up, he thought to himself, silently expressing his gratitude.

--------------------

Crystal grinned back and embraced her friend in a full-fledged winged hug. "Am I glad to see you!" she thanked. However, something felt slightly wrong within her embrace-- she could feel Tiana's shivering. Whether if it's from the cold, fear, or sickness, Crystal felt obliged to help out. After all, Tiana had done quite a lot by coming to search for her, and she was grateful for the effort. "Tiana, you're shivering," she stated as this wasn't already obvious, and pulled herself off of her friend. "Do you need something? I, um... made a friend awhile ago. Maybe he could help?" Crystal had always often relied on the kindness of friends and strangers to help her out, though this turned out to be one of her greatest flaws. If only Gem was here as well... looking back, she began to realize just how supportive and helpful the pterroct was, despite her rather nasty attitude. Putting her current thoughts aside, Crystal turned to face Tiana again, "Don't worry, I'm pretty sure he's a good person. Follow me?" she suggested, her last statement sounding more like a question.

Gem groaned and rolled over onto her back. The two managed to escape the Centre and their fighter jets, at least for now. Did she still have all her limbs, nothing broken? Leaning slightly upwards to check, Gem saw that she was indeed okay, with the exception of multiple scratches and bruises, and a few of her spikes were missing. Oh well, those will eventually grow back, she thought to herself. But what about the dragon that took a ride on her tail? Twisting her head over, she saw that the poor hitchhiker was unconscious, laying near a rotting log. She didn't really mean to hurt the guy, but then again, the fool wouldn't get out of her way. Feeling a slight pang of guilt, Gem forced herself upwards and took a better look at the situation-- the greeny looked pretty banged up, though he appeared to still be breathing. She really didn't know what to do! Crystal is the one who treats the sick and injured, what would she do? Looking around the new area for ideas, she realized that there was something that looked like a road nearby, sticking out from the sparse woods. It was somewhat distanced away, but on the side of it was a small building that illuminated light through the rapidly approaching darkness. Was this possibly one of those travel stores? If so, maybe it had something that could help the both of them...

Quietly, Gem slipped out from the rock and leaf cover, leaving Fly alone to recover for awhile. She didn't have all that much strength left, but that would change if the place she was heading toward had some food in it. Inching closer to the deserted convenient store, she scaled up the wall and roamed around on the roof, looking for a way to get in without being noticed. She then bashed in an entrance of her own, causing a large, gaping hole in the middle of the roof. The poor clerk was utterly surprised to see a dinosaur-like creature fall into his store, and fainted on sight. Tired and hungry, Gem didn't bother to see if the collapsed human was okay or not. Instead, she began browsing through the shelves and devoured anything that seemed good. The contents weren't the best she had tasted, but they did their job and immediately made her feel better, surging bits of energy through her body. Picking up multiple items, she intended to use some of this stuff to help Fly as well, but she didn't really know what the newcomer ate. So, she gathered a bag of chips, some canned vegetables, a packet of fish, pain medicine, and a dried bread-meat combination called pasta. Holding the goods in the membrane of her arms, Gem began her ascent back up the wall and climbed out of the hole that she came through. She then jumped down from the building and ran back over to the secluded canopy where she left Fly, waiting for him to awaken. Hopefully these goods will make a nice apology and maybe even make him feel better, she thought. It would be what Crystal wanted me to do.

Tiana was relieved, she finally found her friend. Even when she completely stiffened up from Crystal's hug, Tiana was glad she did it. She was really cold, and the embrace warmed her up a bit.

"Y-y-y-yeah, yeah, s-sure.", Tiana wiped her nose with her hand. She pulled her bag onto her back and lowered her head, staring at Crystal with her big cold eyes. All the friendliness and relief left her as soon as a couple of seconds later. She came to Crystal's side, almost touching her shoulder in attempt to catch some warmth.

Crystal nodded, slight embarrassment replacing her expression before covering it back up. She almost forgot that Tiana wasn't much of a hugger and didn't mean to cause any discomfort. With the scales on her cheeks still slightly pink, she lead her friend to the cabin where Noah had retreated into. The walk didn't take long, considering that they were only a few yards or so away from it, and the house was easily spotted in the clearing. Trying to avoid the crater that she inadvertently made earlier, Crystal crept over to a nearby window and poked her head through. The atmosphere on the inside was much warmer from that outside, and she sighed with relief, hoping that this plea would work out. "Noah, I have a friend who needs to warm up. Could you maybe let her stay here for the night or something?"

Unfortunately, the sight of Crystal's big blue head leaning in his window had startled Noah, who was examining the dullen shard. He quickly put it back in his pocket and said, "Geez, don't scare me like that! I thought you were a bear or something. Well, a blue one." He rolled his eyes. Noah still wasn't quite used to seeing her around, and after shooing the curious dragon away from the window, he stopped in mid-rant at the sight of Tiana. Was he seeing double? This dragon was blue as well, but was a different shade and had a blonde, softer-looking mane and white horns. Feeling more surprised than afraid, "Who are--?" he began, but then thought better of demanding from a dragon, "--I mean, uh... are you the one who needs to come inside?" Turning his baffled gaze toward Tiana, he evaluated the situation. Noah didn't want to make his potential guests angry, and he probably had enough room in the living area to fit one of them. Yes, perhaps this could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.