Undertale

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also chara's version of the songs I posted above, but I have yet to find anyone that has been able to sing the song very well.

so edgy. Try not to to cut yourself.
What are you, 12? Fuck off with that shit.

Play how I wanna play. Which is murder everything because that's a viable (and unique) option. Which feels refreshing compared to most modern titles. Looking at you Fallout 4. Piper deserved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have money to spend to play the game so I know the game through like 4 playthroughs, including a Chinese live translation. Help me.

To be honest my favourite character is Sans, but I've come to love Flowey as well <3

My favourite animations:

Nah. I'm gonna have a great time purging monsters.

But I get it. A sans meme.
No, but seriously though, the genecide route is really friggin' difficult. Playing through it on your first run through is probably not a good idea.

For those of you that have finished genocide and havn't found this on youtube yet.

I love these songs, especially the first one, I've been listening to it for the past couple weeks.

No, but seriously though, the genecide route is really friggin' difficult. Playing through it on your first run through is probably not a good idea.
It also fucks up the game itself if you do geno before the other routes.

Guys stop. If he wants to play geno first then that's his choice. Let him enjoy the game his own way. If he doesnt like geno he can just redownload the game and do the paci run. XD

Does it? I didn't know that, how exactly does it fuck it up?
Well it changes some parts of the other routes after you do genocide

But if you do genocide before pacifist, you'll never get the True Pacifist Ending...like...ever.

Unless you mess around with the files or re-dled LOL

Does it? I didn't know that, how exactly does it fuck it up?

But if you do genocide before pacifist, you'll never get the True Pacifist Ending...like...ever.
Oh, no. You'll get the True Pacifist Ending.

Just, it won't be called that anymore.
And at the very last moment of the game, something is different.

Guys stop. If he wants to play geno first then that's his choice. Let him enjoy the game his own way. If he doesnt like geno he can just redownload the game and do the paci run. XD
Not stopping anyone from doing Genocide first, but it's just a strong recommendation not to :P

Reactions: Esmeray
Oh, no. You'll get the True Pacifist Ending.

Just, it won't be called that anymore.
And at the very last moment of the game, something is different.
Well technically it's still not the True Pacifist Ending

Since...from what I have seen, the change is pretty drastic from the actual True Pacifist Route

Well technically it's still not the True Pacifist Ending

Since...from what I have seen, the change is pretty drastic from the actual True Pacifist Route
Uhm, it's the exact same thing apart from the last few moments.

c83f7f5d92.png

I bought the game not too long ago, but still haven't played it. One of my friends ragequit for a good while after non-Genocide Undyne, then weenied out when she returned to the game.

Unless you mess around with the files or re-dled LOL
Oh, right, I almost forgot about that. To be honest, I thought they were talk about something else for some reason.

What? Can't a guy just give another guy some necessary advice?

There are good reasons why you shouldn't play the genocide route first, but if he wants to do so that's his choice; I just strongly advise against it.

I don't think being able to be enjoyed by kids, with simplistic humor and easy-to-understand concepts makes it a game aimed for children. As also pointed out, there are concepts that probably are slightly more complex than for kids. If gotten past the simplistic surface and dwelved deeper in, I think Undertale has a great story in the background. Does this make it a game for adults? No, of course not. It's a game for all ages, at least in my opinion.

As far as the genocide first run thing: it doesn't matter. If he wants to do so, by all means it's his game. Yes, the genocide run is harder. Assuming he's not good enough to beat genocide before neutral/pacifist without any knowledge of his gaming career seems rude to me, though. He might beat the entire game on his first try, for all we know. It's not likely, but hey it's theoretically possible.

On what the game changes: there are lines throughout the game that change dependent on previous runs, genocide included. These changes don't affect the overall game, but rather small lines here and there. Except, you know, the one big thing mentioned a few times already. Genocide runs do something to a file on your computer that uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix, though. The only way to get rid of it is to know it's there, where it is, and manually get rid of it.

Guys, you CAN'T re-download it. The game REMEMBERS. You do genocide, redownload the game, you can't get the pacifist ending. They remember.

Some guys on Reddit tried to completely wipe the game files, but it still doesn't really work.

Guys, you CAN'T re-download it. The game REMEMBERS. You do genocide, redownload the game, you can't get the pacifist ending. They remember.

Some guys on Reddit tried to completely wipe the game files, but it still doesn't really work.
Pretty sure that's not true. Many people have started over by deleting secret files left from Genocide route. And if you're lazy, there's a program going around that can do that for you.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
Pretty sure that's not true. Many people have started over by deleting secret files left from Genocide route. And if you're lazy, there's a program going around that can do that for you.
The problem is with Steam where re-installing the game or deleting those secret files doesn't quite work due to the way Steam backs up all your game data to the cloud. The only way to remove the effects of completing the genocide route is to delete the files on the cloud along with the ones on your computer, which I'm fairly sure ain't easy; although I hear there's a program to help out with that too, so neh. Either way, undoing the genocide route is completely doable.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mu
Aw crap. I forgot about all it's little tidbits about remembering what you did.

But since it appears all you need to do is clear the appdata/local folder to 'reset' the game and completely nullify that.. Probably gonna be alright.

Now I'm almost looking forward to playing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.