Undertale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it? I didn't know that, how exactly does it fuck it up?
You meet the human that Toriel and Asgore adopted, Chara.
Chara being an insane killer that wanted to butcher seven humans himself so that the Monsters would escape.

Chara, at the end of Genocide possesses your body, which does just about nothing...
Except that once you complete Pacifist he wakes up, where if you live with Toriel you eyes glow red after being given the pie.
And if you go on your own, your face is swapped with Chara's and everyone else's face is crossed out.

In other words the "Pacifist" run becomes a "I killed all my loved ones in the human world" run.

Last edited:
I just finished Undertale for the first time. It was good, but it was definitely overhyped by all the turds running around screaming "OMG BEST GAME EVAR!!!" level nonsense about it. I'd give it a solid 8.5 out of 10.

Since I knew beforehand that I would be forced to the neutral route the first time through, I played with a simple rule for deciding which enemies got to live: spare those who amuse me, kill those who annoy me, default to kill if neither apply because gotta get dat EXP. This meant that Papyrus was the only boss type character I spared, by the way. I considered letting Mettaton live, but then I saw his humanoid form and decided it would be best to rid the world of that monstrosity.

I plan to eventually do a pacifist run then genocide run, but for now I'm gonna play other games rather than sink more time into Undertale. It's good, but not good enough to want to replay immediately.

Reactions: Windsong
I just finished my Genocide route run yesterday after A WEEK being stuck on [REDACTED]. My god, this game just finds new ways to slap you in the face and make you say "HIT ME MORE."

I'm actually kind of drawn to this game not only because of it's clever storytelling and feels, but because of the interesting theories surrounding the game's world and lore. Toby purposely (or maybe not?) left a lot of room for speculation concerning many characters both present in the main game and not. One of my favorite things to mull over in thought is about W.D Gaster.

Anyway, great game. One that has made me feel so much towards characters that are not Undyne in a long time.

Also:

Since I knew beforehand that I would be forced to the neutral route the first time through, I played with a simple rule for deciding which enemies got to live: spare those who amuse me, kill those who annoy me, default to kill if neither apply because gotta get dat EXP. This meant that Papyrus was the only boss type character I spared, by the way. I considered letting Mettaton live, but then I saw his humanoid form and decided it would be best to rid the world of that monstrosity.

I plan to eventually do a pacifist run then genocide run, but for now I'm gonna play other games rather than sink more time into Undertale. It's good, but not good enough to want to replay immediately.

I think killing many bosses or just regular enemies during your run locks you out of the True Pacifist Ending. Though I guess you knew that and just went on. It's fine really... but imo True Pacifist ending is WELL worth the trouble. It's so satisfying and makes Genocide all the more interesting.

I think killing many bosses or just regular enemies during your run locks you out of the True Pacifist Ending. Though I guess you knew that and just went on. It's fine really... but imo True Pacifist ending is WELL worth the trouble. It's so satisfying and makes Genocide all the more interesting.
Not for the very first run since you're forced to end either neutral or genocide.
However, what it does do is force them to start a new game from scratch the 2nd time to reach Pacifist, rather than simply re-loading an earlier save.

Ahhh, right. With the game remembering your previous actions and runs I've always heard you either go neutral/pacifist or enjoy the unsatisfying black screen calls with Sans for endings.

Ahhh, right. With the game remembering your previous actions and runs I've always heard you either go neutral/pacifist or enjoy the unsatisfying black screen calls with Sans for endings.
It does remember you playthrough from playthrough.

But Sans doesn't tend to hold grudges for past ones unless if your current one is you being a dick.

It does remember you playthrough from playthrough.

But Sans doesn't tend to hold grudges for past ones unless if your current one is you being a dick.
I've finished the game four times now. First was my Neutral (where I restarted after Hotland upon realizing I had to give Undyne the water so it ruined my run), then True Pacifist, then Genocide, then Souless Pacifist. And boy...the game sure knows how to rub it in your face about your past actions.

Mushroom guy danced and told me I was a sinner recently.

Actually I did pacifist before genocide. But along the way I saved my genocide file (whilst I was stuck on sans at the time) and did a quick no-save pacifist and man, the game just flat out slapped me in the face and let me know I was a sinner for emptily doing a pacifist run to make me feel better.

These little details make me like the game a lot

You did a Pacifist WHILE doing a Genocide and the game called you out on it? o_o

Holy shit...

You can reset during a genocide run but you aren't allowed to name the fallen human-- it'll carry over whatever you named yourself in the genocide run and Flowey even says something along the lines of "are you sure about this? Well I guess you know what you're doing" (having knowledge that you know about saves and whatnot). I didn't save during this false run because I did want to return back to sans fight, though I did take that extra step in copying my save files beforehand, disabling steam cloud etc. a reset during genocide doesn't delete your genocide file unless you save over it so..

EDIT: Also on your pacifist reset DURING genocide, Flowey outright leaves you alone in the beginning before meeting Toriel. He knows you're coming back to genocide anyway.

characters do treat you a little differently, but most notably the mushroom will tell you it knows about your past sins.

When you fight asgore and defeat him, Flowey goes "ah! So you do remember!" , noting that you remember your genocide roots even while in your pacifist run.

It's a trip.

You can reset during a genocide run but you aren't allowed to name the fallen human-- it'll carry over whatever you named yourself in the genocide run and Flowey even says something along the lines of "are you sure about this? Well I guess you know what you're doing" (having knowledge that you know about saves and whatnot). I didn't save during this false run because I did want to return back to sans fight, though I did take that extra step in copying my save files beforehand, disabling steam cloud etc. a reset during genocide doesn't delete your genocide file unless you save over it so..

EDIT: Also on your pacifist reset DURING genocide, Flowey outright leaves you alone in the beginning before meeting Toriel. He knows you're coming back to genocide anyway.

characters do treat you a little differently, but most notably the mushroom will tell you it knows about your past sins.

When you fight asgore and defeat him, Flowey goes "ah! So you do remember!" , noting that you remember your genocide roots even while in your pacifist run.

It's a trip.
This game just keeps baffling me with all the hidden easter eggs and ways it goes meta on people. XD

Hope you also discovered the joys of that hiden artifact unlocked by the piano

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so it IS a game.

This is the newest thing which I had no idea what it was before now but have been seeing it fucking everywhere.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Yeah it's gotten a lot bigger over the past few months seemingly out of nowhere. Now, I'm not gonna be That Guy who'll bug you endlessly about how great of a game it is before you try it, but it's well worth a little look~

Yeah it's gotten a lot bigger over the past few months seemingly out of nowhere.
I mean. It might have something to do with the fact that it only came out last September, which isn't too many months ago to begin with. :P

Even so, it felt like overnight at around November when I suddenly saw Sans everywhere :P

Even so, it felt like overnight at around November when I suddenly saw Sans everywhere :P
Eh, I guess it just took a little while to really take off the way it did. Still, you made it sound like it had kept a small, steady fanbase for a while until it exploded all of a sudden -- when really I think it had been on the climb from the start and that its sudden-ness of its popularity had more to do with its newness than anything else. XD

I will never touch that game again...ever... *sobs*

Status
Not open for further replies.