Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
I'm surprised this isn't a thread yet, considering how popular the game is.

So basically who here has played Undertale?
What do you like about it?
How many of you got the feels from this game?
How many of you put a skeleton of effort into finding everything?

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
My daughter played it, but I have no idea what it's about. All I know about it is that There is a dog....

Reactions: Mid
Never played it.
The fanart.
Not me, but I hear there's some extreme attachment from the fanbase.
I get the skeleton brothers Sans and Papyrus are funny. What's not funny is my tumblr feed showing Alternatve Universe of an AU with a 'headcanon' rule 63 of the brothers. It's fucking weird.

Aye. Completed it too.
The soundtrack is fantastic, the characters are humorous in a childish sort of way. I liked how each boss fight had its own unique schtick, the game never really got tiring to play up until the end. The overall themes, while a bit heavy handed, are executed well. The references to Internet memes are surprisingly better than expected. (I love you, doge.)
I got some measurable amount of feels from playing this game, mainly in sheer joy at discovering each and every way to win the pacifist "fights." There was always something new. Airplane-baka. Teehee.
I hate you I dunno, I think I'd get pretty boned trying to find everything. Haha, papyrus.

I dunno though. I mean I liked this game, but it really felt like it was made primarily for children and young teens to enjoy. I'm outside of the intended age range for this title, but it's a good title. :ferret:

I played it and actually liked it though it isn't my genre. The jokes are kind of corny ... but there's just something likable about it. And even with the amount of corniness and cheese, there's a deep story.

I dunno. The best thing I can compare it to from my point of view is an extremely catchy song even if the lyrics are kind of stupid. You just can't help but feel positive towards it in some small way even if it's not your cup of tea.

My sig m8, Mr fuck you up.

I've heard it's like Earthbound, and I quite enjoyed that game. But a large majority of the fanbase has near-completely turned me off playing it. Especially Tumblr and their... well, their tumblrisms. Maybe when the obsession wears down a bit.

Soundtrack is pleasant enough, though.

Literally made me love the most hated font in internet history

Still trying to finish the Pacifist Route doe...

But holy shit Undyne's introduction made me have a laughing fit for like the whole day.

Putting my love for Sans aside though, the game is good yet its main draw is the story and sound track. One might say the genocide routes fights are good, yet you can really only count like two of those to be really good hard fights. Neutral really only had like one, maybe two if you got stumped. Pacifist is eh, I think it falls more on story in that case. The final boss might be annoying at first, yet its not difficult by any means. Its certainly a good game by story standards though. And the way they flip it around is good.

Without spoiling it, its story is good in about all paths you take, while the fights I say if you want a bit of a challenge are better in Genocide despite only have really two difficult adversaries. Megalovania though brah. Thats a beautiful ass battle theme.

I haven't completed the game, that's because I AM STUCK AT THE SPIDER LADY AND SHE KEEPS ON KILLING ME. OH LORD HELP ME!
So far, I like the music in it and I also like Sans. Sans is like my favorite character and I love him so much. Anyway, the others characters are interesting so far as well.
None so far. Why? Do I need to start worrying?
None as this is my first time playing the game.

Reactions: LunaValentine
I haven't completed the game, that's because I AM STUCK AT THE SPIDER LADY AND SHE KEEPS ON KILLING ME. OH LORD HELP ME!
Ý̘̺̘̬̱̟̳͚̞̯̠͙͕͞o̢̨̺͔̳͎̦̩̺͔̲̗͙ͅư̴̛̰̠̺̩͎̮̮̮̞͜͡ͅ ̸̶̛̼͕͍͔͖̳͚̱̘̝͈͈͚̠̺̜ͅş͖̱̘̙͎̣͓͞ḩ͍̬̤̦̗̪̬̞͖̠̩͇̤̞͈̰̲͓̰̀͜͢ơ̝̱̖̘̳͘͡͝ứ̳͙͕̗̠̩͜l̢̧҉͓͉̙̠̣͈̣̪̖̖͔͇̖͈̟̺̤͟d̵̡̲̙̝̥̥͚̹̠̥̜͇̟̼͘ ̸̢͚̝̫̪͚͉͈̼̫̩̞ḩ̴͕̼̭̼͚͚̕á̡̳͉̱͖͓̰̝͇̖̖̙̩͍̤v҉̮̫͍͇̞̫̻̼̜̰̳͕̳̩̮͍͔e̪̣͙̻̯͞͡ ̷̛̣̜͕̱̲̱̠̪̦̩͉̦̹̗͇̲̝ṕ̡̡͍̤̺̭͔͚͈̰͓̩ạ̵͓̝̘͍̺͈i͝͏̶̤͙̙̦͖̥̰͕̰̝͉͉̞̪̭͔͖̖ḑ̷̢͡͏̪̖̣̹̣̳͚̬̣̗ͅͅ ̷̵̷͏̝̦͉̜͕͚̳͇͚͡f̶̧̣̱͇͎o̶͜͜҉̜̗͔̺̫͍̼̪͓͚̤ͅr̡̖̦̼̳̟̗̣̙͎̖̪̻̜̳͕͞͞ ̷͡͝҉͚͖̻̬̳̺̕t̻̠̯̤̺̜̮̼͔͘͟͜͡h̢̕҉̛͖̬̼̻̝̦̬̣͖̰͕̮̣̥͕̤̞é̶̳̬̥̻͇͚ ͏͟҉͎̜͈̩̩͉̬͍̣̘̥̼̝̟̬̕m̵̡̫̭̺͓͕̤̦̰͓̤̰͎̗̻̯̟͙͓̀u̸̷̶͎͚̺͖̦̮̥̩̥̘̰̠̤̯̦̼͖̟͠ͅf̢̘̖͖͚̙͎͟͜f̷̢̼̩̳̼̩̹̣̼̘͙̼̯̯̺̦̘̼͜i̷̵҉̵̛͍̠̟͙̺̻͍͍̰̭̲͙̫̥̰̙͙n͓̲̺͚̜̰̳̙͘͜ͅs͚̜̜͙̗̭̟̞͜,̵̨̹̫̰̻̯̺̹̗̮̳͍͔̩̀͜ͅ ̷̵̛̯̙̜̝̰̀͜y̨̛̛̱̲̱̫̲͎͕̩͕̬̙͘̕ͅơ̷̴̞̙̟̱̬͓̮͚̘̘̥͟͝u̶̧̢̻̥̟͚̩͟͞ͅ ̵̧͚͔̺̗̫̻g̸̛͇͇̫͚̲͓̙̬̞̳̟̱̣̗͎̱̬̲͠r̤̤͉̫̗͚̫̘̖̟͙̖̺͢͞è̝̖͚͖͡ȩ̸̣̖̖̯̙̪̹̺͚̼̥̳͓͟͞ͅͅḑ̡̨̛̺̰̼͓͖͙̟̬̜̘͝ͅy̷̡̙͇̩̮͍͉̙̺͙͓͎͟͞ ̧̳͈̱͉̫͖͖͔̞̭̣̮̮̖͙̹̱̘͢͜s̨͝͏̵̜̼̻̞̳͉̖̬̬̖̭̜͈ͅͅṕ̨͙͕̬̙̠̼̤̭̺̭̫̱́͢͡i̸̻͖̬̟͕̻̱̫̹d̢̳̮̣́é͘҉̶͓̭̣͍͕̪̙̦̱͓r̨҉҉͎͍̳͈̝ͅ ̧̡̛͓̼͍̹̥̲̫̹̟̝͉̣̹̝͕́͟o̴̸̗͎̫̼͙̬̮̺͈̜͜͢ŗ͝҉͎̲̻͈͚͚ṕ̕͏̴̤͕̞͓̹̜̲̹̲̝̰̻ḥ̠͓͖͚̟̀̕a̵͙̩̩̗̫͚̝̪̬̠͜͞ṋ̵̫̥̝ ͝͞҉͔̪͚̜̥͔̙͓͇̲̤̠̀͠ͅͅh̴̨͎̰̬͚͖̟͠͠a͠͏̨͇̼̤͎̳̭̰͔̜͉͕͝t̡̮̟̠͍̭̮̱̰̫͎̜͚̙͜i͏̡̧͖̜̪͚̲̭̭̩͚̭̜̳̭ͅn̵̮͖̺͓̮͉̝͟͡g̴̢̛̟̞̮̪͖̪̘̜̜ͅ ͞҉̧͔̳̣͕͙̬b̹̬̦̳̀͘͟a͏̵̡͎͙̲͓̝̗̜̝̝̤̗͉̣̞͓̱̲̙̝ş̢̼̥̯͍̙̜͉̥̫̭͠t̴̢̯͚͍̰͔̫̳͍͉̺̥̘̗̻͈̥̬̥̀a̢̦͚̼̯͚̲͇̱̳̗̺̮̥̜̰̫̞̱̕͢r̨̭̻͔͕͡d͇̯͓̹̠̫̜̻̘͎̺̲͙͔̼̜̘̳͚͜͠.̶̜̳̼͎̪̣͕̜̰̗̜̫̳̹͚̺̤̕ͅ

I've heard it's like Earthbound, and I quite enjoyed that game. But a large majority of the fanbase has near-completely turned me off playing it. Especially Tumblr and their... well, their tumblrisms. Maybe when the obsession wears down a bit.

Soundtrack is pleasant enough, though.

Funny enough, my girlfriend and I were talking about this earlier today. She owns the game but so far hasn't even played it because every time she tries, she's just reminded of the endless shit the fandom's exposed her to. She basically said it's unplayable because people won't shut up about it.

Funny enough, my girlfriend and I were talking about this earlier today. She owns the game but so far hasn't even played it because every time she tries, she's just reminded of the endless shit the fandom's exposed her to. She basically said it's unplayable because people won't shut up about it.
If she wants a game that's just as amazing as Undertale, without being ruined by the fandumb, recommend Ori and the Blind Forest. Then prepare yourself for a feels trip.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dervish
BUY THE DAMN SPIDER DONUTS OR WHATEVER WHENEVER YOU SEE THOSE SPIDER WEBS THINGY

THEN SAVE IT AND EAT IT IN FRONT OF HER...THEN I THINK YOU CAN MERCY AND SPARE OR SOMETHING...

PRETTY SURE THAT'S HOW TO ESCAPE HER BATTLE IF YOU SUCK DICK AT DODGING ATTACKS

Or ya know...practice your dodging skills to the max till you can dodge raindrops without the need of an umbrella

If she wants a game that's just as amazing as Undertale, without being ruined by the fandumb, recommend Ori and the Blind Forest. Then prepare yourself for a feels trip.

I will pass along the recommendation!

A lot of people here seemed to be turned off by the fan base. :/

It's always sad to see a Good game lose potential fans because of how crazy some other fans go about it.

Haha, papyrus.

I say if you want a bit of a challenge are better in Genocide despite only have really two difficult adversaries. Megalovania though brah. Thats a beautiful ass battle theme.
But those battles are damn hard.

But holy shit Undyne's introduction made me have a laughing fit for like the whole day.
The Intro? Isn't that just a bunch of chases?
Are you talking about the Friendship Quest?

None so far. Why? Do I need to start worrying?
Depends on two things...

1. Are you doing a Pacifist Run?
2. Are you doing a Genocide Run as a 2nd or later Playthrough?

There's a lot of other places to get feels. But those are the two big hitters in my opinion.
Like already said, if you have any spider donuts or jars you can eat one in front of her and spare her.

Bought it, played some of it. Haven't finished it and don't really care too. It was a fun game for the first couple hours.

BUY THE DAMN SPIDER DONUTS OR WHATEVER WHENEVER YOU SEE THOSE SPIDER WEBS THINGY

THEN SAVE IT AND EAT IT IN FRONT OF HER...THEN I THINK YOU CAN MERCY AND SPARE OR SOMETHING...

PRETTY SURE THAT'S HOW TO ESCAPE HER BATTLE IF YOU SUCK DICK AT DODGING ATTACKS

Or ya know...practice your dodging skills to the max till you can dodge raindrops without the need of an umbrella
HOW DO I GET

THE SPIDER DONUTS?! I ALREADY ATE ONE (I THINK)!?!

HOW DO I GET

THE SPIDER DONUTS?! I ALREADY ATE ONE (I THINK)!?!
If you ate them all you'd have to buy one for the insane amounts out front.
Since the I believe the gate to the ruins locks behind you, preventing you from back tracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.