Uncontrolled

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zerian shifted, opening his eyes to behold the looks of horror in the others faces.
Jumping to his paws as he looked around to see what it was they were frightened of, growling as he faced the white outside, his spines sticking up before noticing that there was nothing behInd him.

He shook his head and laughed as they lay flat on his back again, realizing it was him they were afraid of.
He walked over to Mya and set his paw on her shoulder, his smile widening.
"Mimi, it's me, Zerian. I absorbed a wolf, now I can turn into one!"
The black cloud enveloped the wolf, the sounds of bones twisiting and shifting, snapping and cracking, before the cloud disappated, revealing his original form as he hugged her.

Mya froze, her eyes closed tight and she was whimpering, shaking...absolutely terrified. She didn't see Zerian change, but she heard it, and she didn't understand what happened.

"You can open your eyes now, young one."
Zerian said, a gentle tone to his voice.
"I'm back home, but I don't know if I'm going to stay. Liam's with Jess...er...Jaylin, and they're both fine. I'm gonna be an uncle, whether I like it or not."
The smile on his face widened as he looked at her, yet it slowly left his face as he looked around.
"Where's Alex? I need to tell her goodbye."

Mya slowly opened her eyes as he mentioned Alex. "She left a little bit ago..she said she'd be fine." Mya said quietly. Vane's block of her message suddenly hit her. "Oh..." she mumbled, her eyes drifting to the ground.

Alex rested back. She didn't feel sad, but not happy either. She felt a little bored, and a little lost, and slightly confused. "Vane..go home."
Vane refused.
She sighed. "why?"
No answer.
She didn't understand why he wanted to stay, but it didn't bother her either. She stared into the fire, watching as it flickered, sending sparks into the melting snow.

Zerian smiled at the girl, hugging her again before walking out the door and changing back into a wolf, calling to her before running of in the direction he could most strongly sense Alex's emotions and catch her scent.
"Thank you, I'll be back with her soon."

As he reached the location she seemed to be, he caught sight of a fire burning not far from where he was, knowing he'd come to the right place.
As he drew nearer to the fire, he saw them, a sad look in his eyes as he layed down a short distance from them, nodding to Vane before setting his head in the snow, his gaze fixed upon Alex.

"Well that wasnt akward at all... When do i get to become a canine? So Mya, what do ya say about some fried chicken? I killed a non-infected chicken last night."

Mya nodded. "Ok..okay." she smiled and her stomach growled, which made her giggle. "Can I help cook?"

Vane stood, licking Alex's cheek.
Alex blinked, her attention torn from the fire. "What? Oh..okay..." she laid on her back as Vane padded off to who knows where. She did not know Zerian was watching.

"Well of course ya can. Every woman can cook riiiight... Hehhh ehh sorry 'bout that"

Zerian slowly and quietly walked over to Alex, laying next to her with a light whimper to let her know he was there.
He looked her in the eyes, the sadness within them even deeper than before, as he tried to warm her with his fur.
He couldn't help but worry, as the emotions she was feeling were slowly begining to mirror his own, and he didn't want her feeling as lost and alone as he felt right then.

Mya giggled. "I think so." she smiled. "It's okay." she took his hand in her's. "Lead the way!"

Alex looked at the wolf, very confused..but she didn't care. It was warm and it wasn't trying to hurt her, so she cuddled close, nestling her head into it's fur and closing her eyes. She felt a shiver down her side and yawned softly.

"Ah well the kitchen is right here. Its not a maze or something." Isaac kissed Mya on her cheeks. "Alright, you grab the salt and i'll grab the sugar."

Mya blushed slightly. "Okie dokes!" she said, grabbing the salt and clearing an area on the counter.

Zerian gently licked Alex's cheek before he slowly shifted her onto his back and walked in the direction of the church, laying her on her bed when they arrived, and sighing as he curled up to her, the sadness in his heart overflowing as he spoke.
"I guess I can stay just a little longer. I don't want to leave, but if it can help straighten things out, then I need to. I hate seeing you and Jess so far apart, so if I'm the cause, then I need to just leave and never look back."

Suddenly, a voice entered his head. It was Reiza, his voice like knives in Zerian's brain.
'You idiot. Don't you know that you're just taking the blame for everything so that you have a reason to not see them like this? Is this really who you are? You get talked down to by one of the only two men you can't stand, and you just break down? You, my friend, are a Grade A Idiot.'

'"Well, what else am I supposed to do? He's stronger than me, and more charismatic. How the Hell am I supposed to compete with that?"'

'You can feel what he can't, and he isn't willing to try to understand why you do what you do, can't you see something that simple? He's angry at you because he thinks you're a threat. He knows you can't stand him, so he does everything he can to belittle you when you try to do what you think is right because he isn't willing to understand you. All he sees when he looks at you is just another monster who happens to be related to the woman he loves. If it weren't for Jess, you'd've been dead by now.'

'"I know that. I just love Alex and Jessica so much, it hurts to see them like this. But you're wrong about one thing. I am at fault here. I drove Alex to try to win him back, knowing full well that she'd end up like this."'

'You know that you only wanted to make her happy. You love her don't you? You just tried to help her obtain happiness you thought you couldn't give her, but are you entirely sure you can't? She's right here, next to you, can't you at least stay and try to help her forget about that other guy? Wouldn't it help everyone if you could help her do that?'

Zerian's voice carried throughout the room as he unwittingly spoke aloud.
"I need to help Alex feel better, even if it's the last thing I do."
He curled up to her, the warmth slowly returning to his chilled heart, promising himself that no matter what it took, he'd help Alex figure out how to let go.

Alex stayed asleep, curled up next to the strange dog. She did not realize he'd picked her up, nor did she realize he had returned her to the church. When he spoke, she shifted, mumbling incoherently before slipping back to deep sleep.

Mya watched as Zerian returned with Isaac. She smiled slightly and continued helping Isaac cook, smiling.

Zerian decided it best to change back before she awoke, moving a bit away from her so as not to disturb her, then wrapping his arms around her to try and keep her warm.
"I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make sure that you can be happy, but now, I'm going to do it myself. No more running, no more putting up with Liam's s***, no more supporting you in trying to win him back. This time, I'm going to do whatever I can to back up what I've said so many times now. I may cry from time to time, and you may hate me for what I'll do, but if it can show you how much I care, then it'll all have been worth it, just to let you know how much I love you."

Alex curled up close to him. He was warm. In her sleep, she did not notice the absence of the wolf fur, but nuzzled his chest, shivering. She was dry after falling in, and the swirls where not on her hand if you looked. She relaxed more in his arms, yawning softly. She began to awaken. "Th..wat...dea...frrnnn...swirl...krr..li..mnn.." she mumbled incoherently, trying to make a sentence but unable. The parts of words she could say made her giggle sleepily and she nuzzled Zerian's chest.

Zerian couldn't help but smile at Alex's incoherent sentence, running his fingers through her hair as he saw her waking up.
"You're adorable, you know that?" he said, kissing her cheek, looking into her eyes with a glimmer of newfound joy.
"I'm right here, so if you want to go back to sleep, I'm gonna be right here and be your blanket." he said, holding her slightly tighter in his arms. "Unless, of course, you'd want something else a bit more...comforting?" he added, winking, a hint of mischief in his eyes before his face went red. "I'm sorry, it kinda just slipped out."

It took Alex a moment to process what he said. She giggled. "It..k.." she mumbled and nuzzled his chest. She yawned. Looking at her hand, she saw the invisible spiral. "It..did...happ.." she mumbled, her smile faltering. "Look...spearal..." she mumbled, mispronouncing spiral. She showed him the blank hand. "Ghost..fings...water...cold.." she shivered and snuggled into Zerian's warm embrace. "Who..where...they..."

Liam saw the infected and the injured. He saw some that were nearly changing. He knelt down and grabbed vials of his blood and dripped some in each of the injured and infected and within a matter of minutes they started to become normal. He smiled. A woman came behind him and sat her hand on his shoulder "Thank you...for everything. Just wish I could meet a guy like you." she said as she blushed. He chuckled "Well, don't give up. Whenever you need to talk, just come find me. Ok?" he said to her. He looked the people that are healing and smiled. He placed a fire big enough to warm them up. He turned around and started to look for Jaylin which he did. "They are all ok. Some were already turning but now they are ok. I'm ready when you are." he said as he rubbed her back. "You need some help, babe?" he asked.

Zerian looked at Alex's hand, smiling at her as he drew a spiral on it with his finger, doing his best to interpret what she was saying.
"Something under the cold water put a spiral on your hand that only you can see and you don't know what it was or why it did it? Is that about right? You know, I thought you were adorable when you're awake, but you're even cuter half-asleep."

Status
Not open for further replies.