Uncontrolled: The Continuation

• Thread starter DJae Writer Chick
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex slept peacefully. The worst of her wounds would only be scratches by morning, but at the moment, the minor wounds were gone.

"Leave them alone!" Alex yelled, unable to see her family screaming or their attackers.
She shuddered.
"Fight me instead!" She looked around, desperate to protect them. She saw a fire, but when she reached it, it was too late. No one was left. She fell, but never hit the ground. She continued falling.. Falling... Falling...
Alex jerked in her sleep slightly as she fell in her dream. Fear and sadness overwhelmed her, the dream realistic enough to keep her asleep.

Zerian held on to Alex, trying his best to comfort her, doing everything short of interfering with her troubled mind using his new powers.
"I'm here Ana. Zach's got you."

Alex relaxed a little, drifting back into deeper sleep, the dreams less understandable and leaving less of an impact as she calmed. She snuggled into the warm body close to her, trying to ignore the cold.

As the first rays of sunlight filtered into the alcove, Zerian awoke, Alex still held loosely in his arms, keeping her as warm and comfortable as he could while awaiting her to awaken, watching over her with a smile.

Alex did not awaken for another hour, in which her eyes opened slightly before closing again. She yawned, stretching and then hugging Zerian. "Mph." She muttered, still extremely tired. She noticed they were in a cave. "We... Are in a cave." She said, yawning again.

"Close enough." he replied, forcing himself not to laugh. "How are you feeling, Ana?"

"Sleepy..." As Alex tried to sit up, she grimaced. Her head spun and her back hurt. "Need... To get up." She muttered to herself, knowing if she didn't try and push herself, she wouldn't have full function of her body. Of course, landing on your back on ice and snow after being thrown isn't very comfortable...
But she still needed to stand. Or at least.. She thought so.

Zerian kneeled beside her as she struggled to get to her feet, deciding it best to let her get up on her own terms and catch her if she fell until she was able to stand.
"Careful. You're still in bad shape. I did everything I could to help you last night, and I'm still right here as long as you need me, so lean on me if you're still having troubles. I'll always be here to catch you." he said with a smile, looking deeply into her eyes.

Alex nodded. She took a deep breath, then smiled faintly. "I'm not... Completely.. Like before.." She said quietly, putting a hand on his shoulder and pushing herself up. She stumbled backwards, but didn't fall. Glancing around, she giggled. "I did it!" She took a deep breath, able to stretch her spine now. Little shards of crystal fell, breaking on the rock below her. She relaxed. "That's better." She said, hugging Zerian. "Thank you..." She nuzzled his shoulder.

Wrapping his arms around her, Zerian kissed her cheek.
"That's what I'm here for. As long as I'm needed, no matter what I say or do, I'll always come back to you, because I love you."
Staying in this position, he thought about his word carefully before speaking again.
"Do 'Apocolyse' and 'Omega' sound familiar to you, Ana?"

Alex shook her head. "No." She said, leaning against him. She closed her eyes, listening. "Why?"

"It was something I found in one of those labs I told you about. I was thinking it might be connected to A2, and why everyone's been after you." he replied, doing his best not to let slip the fact that he held the activation codes for it. "Supposedly, you have the power to completely irradicate the virus, and the scientists, like my father," he said with a scowl before continuing, "want to keep you from doing so. They're content with playing God, and don't want to lose the one thing that gives them power."

Shaking his head, he flashed her a smile.
"Y'know, I may be an uncle now, but I wouldn't mind trying my hand at being a father. I guess it's a silly thing to request out of the blue, isn't it?"

Alex giggled. "A2? You mean the stupid man who did experiments in his basement?" She looked at her hand. "He's gone..." She flicked her wrist and ice crawled along the walls before turning to fire, then disappearing. I swayed unsteadily. "still need to get used to that.." She shook her head a little to make the dizziness go away. "Father?..." She shrugged. "Kinda out of the blue. Though... I'm worried about Liam and Jaylin..we aren't safe yet."
There was a loud crash outside. Alex tensed and the entrance t their hideout was immediately blocked by a wall of blue ice. Alex swayed again, leaning heavily against Zerian. "That takes... A LOT of energy.." She smiled faintly.

As he looked over her, he smiled, knowing that no matter what had awakened within her, she was still the woman he loved on the inside.
"We can head back after you finish adapting to your new body." he said as he held her, helping her maintain her balance.
"It's been so long since it's just been you and me in one place. Usually, I even ask how you are, and that jerk goes and gets all defensive."
'Asshole already has my sister, dammit!' he thought to himself before continuing.
"But enough of him. It's just you and me until you're feeling better. Markus is there to protect everyone, so don't worry, he's a strong little tyke."

Shifting his hair out of his eyes, his smile grew.
"Y'know, for the longest time, I thought I'd lost you. You, Shelly, Mark, you're all I have, each holding a special place in my heart. If I lost even one of you, it'd drive me mad. Just so you know, whatever happens when you figure out how to activate those strains won't be your fault." he said suddenly, his mind still seemingly fragmented from before.
"'Apocolypse heralds destruction, while Omega heralds permanence.' is what was in the files I found. The first strain is a cure, the second, an antibody to prevent further infection. If we figure out how to use it, there's no telling what'll happen to the person who does, but at least we know that you need to find the one with activators before it'll be of any use. I'm just glad it isn't Liam, besides, he tastes terrible."
He hated keeping the truth from her, but decided it best to end his speech in a comical manner, even though it was true, as he wished to give a chance to lighten the somber mood he'd accidentally put in place.

She sighed softly. "Markus can protect them for a little while.. But not from everything." She rubbed her neck, then disappeared, reappearing behind Zerian. She squeaked, falling backwards. "What.." She blinked, confused. "Okay then.."
The ice wall melted as she stood. She frowned. "I can't control this stuff." She mumbled. Two infected ran in, but before they were within three feet of Zerian, they turned to ashes. Alex held her head and whimpered, not exactly sure what she just did, but it hurt her head.

Jack hung from a tree upside down. He looked around at the white expanse of snow all over the forest floor. He pulled himself upright before dropping to his feet, making the first tracks in the newly fallen snow. His hair was a whispy tuft of inky black on his head while is eyes were the same color are the leaves in summer. He looked around waiting, listening. Jack had grown up in these woods and knew them better than the infected that occasionally got lost.

Jack trudged through the snow, tracking a stray deer. He saw it through the dieing trunks of trees and crept expertly through. On his back was a bow, arrows in a canister hung from his hip. He strung one, aimed, and released the arrow on it's target. It landed with a wet thunk right in the achillies of the deer. It stumbled and fell, unable to move. Jack ran forward and quickly severed it's jugular. This would give him food for days!

He was dragging the dead animal behind him when he heard them. Voices. Strangers were in his woods! He turned, his his kill, and crept around the rock face to his right. The voices were getting louder as he approached the mouth of the cave and peered inside. Two people, a man and a woman. Why were they here?! Were they after him? His food?!

Alex sat down, holding her head. It hurt so bad. She had tears in her eyes, but before she could pass out, the pain evaporated into caution. She glanced at the entrance, then hid behind Zerian. "Someone's there..." He whispered.

Kasey Jones screamed as she was dropped from a helicopter into a frozen lake, the helicopter spinning off into the distance before crashing. The water made her shiver as she climbed out, crying softly. She stumbled in a random direction. "Hello? Someone help me!" She cried. She walked into several trees before she hit something flat and wide. It confused her. "Hello?"

Alex winced as an alarm sounded in her head. The barrier. She was becoming confused.

Kasey reached out to touch the flat object, but it wasn't there. She stumbled forwards, freezing cold in only a tank top and jeans, no shoes, nothing else. She fell in the snow, shaking and crying softly, not knowing she was only feet behind Liam and Jaylin.

Alex peeked over Zerian's shoulder at the stranger, her eyes clouded over a little as she let Kasey through the barrier before closing it. Her eyes return to their crystal blue state. She watched the stranger, unknown to her as Jack, by the entrance.

Jack watched the crying girl hide behind the larger man. He frowned in confusion. She was different, he could tell but he didn't know how. Slowly he took steps back, retreating. He didn't want to fight. He was hungry and had a deer just around the corner.

Jack slipped away and furrowed through the bushes where he hid his kill. He lifted it by the antlers and began to drag the carcass through the snow. He thought back to the two in the cave. They had no food and their fire was pitiful. 'Not my problem' he scolded himself and continued on towards the small hut here he lived. No, strangers who could barely light a fire in a warm dry cave weren't his problem. Nope. No siree.

-----------

Jaylin watched the sun sink slowly below the trees. Because of Alex's defense, she couldn't see the crying girl on the other side. Not until Alex lowered it and suddenly the sobbing girl was visible.
"Oh my god." She mumbled hurrying off towards her. She didn't think twice before lifting the girl from the snow and shrugging off her jacket. Jaylin wrapped it around her and ushered her into the warmth of the church.

Alex blinked. Almost as soon as he had come, the stranger left. She bit her lip to keep from whimpering as the pain echoed around her head again. She rested her head on Zerian's shoulder.

Kasey winced at the sudden touch of someone, but she didn't speak until she felt the snow disappear under her feet, replaced by a floor. "Wh..where am I?" She asked with a shaky voice, shaking and still crying a little. Her shoulder and ankle hurt from the fall.

"Not really anywhere honestly." Jaylin let out a soft laugh. "It's a small church. Me and my friends stay here. Where are you from?" Jaylin asked as she walked the girl to the couch. She sat her down and wrapped her in blankets. "What's your name sweetheart?"

Status
Not open for further replies.