Uncommon Fates

Okay, that had been a big gamble on Thane's part, he could count the people who knew about his cross dressing on one hand, and though people were good about that kind of thing in Dhorn, it didn't mean everyone was going to accept it.
"Maybe I should let you see me in one some time..."
Thane offered, nodding a little proudly.
"Yeah, you get a reputation for being able to fight off undead or or suplex a soldier and suddenly everyone wants to hire you".

That made Leo laugh, "I would be honored to see such a display," He mused to him and it had him thinking about his Royal regalia. It was designed to be gender neutral but very extravagant in jewels and stitching. Then again, there was no way Leo was going to let Thane know who he was on the outside. Still sharing such things would be nice and possibly even fun? "So where are you staying while the wall is fixed?"

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"It's a date then! We'll have to work out a time soon~"
Thane declared, he fully intended to count this current thing as the first date, so he could show off his well toned ass and maybe even get a kiss without any shame.
"Oh, I'm currently staying with a healer and a soldier looking Katushan, didn't expect to see one of them up this far into Dhorn".

Leo wasn't expecting much of a date, maybe more of having an actual conversation with a person. Though he was also game for the amusement and flirting. "A healer and a Katushan? Surprised they could even get past the gates with how tight it is," Leo had only ever spoken to the leader of the Katushans' once, and he was a teenager back then. The man hardly gave a detail, or more than a few words. Like everything in his mind was a locked safe and would go down with him. Yet a solider to escape, was impressive and admirable. They must be enjoying new found freedom, "I didnt know a healer lived this close to the wall, most stay inwards to avoid attacks,"

"Well, to be fair it wasn't too bad the last couple weeks, and the local nobles are always happy to have more bodies between them and the undead".
Thane pointed out, the security on the gates varied from week to week, and most likely would lower again after this latest would be necromancer was publicly burned, a brutal but often necessary measure.

"Yeah... Most are cowards it seems, the best place for healers would be close by, so they can heal the wounded after an attack, my sister was actually a war healer and... Uhh... Anyway where to next?"
A moment of pain and sadness had crossed Thane's face as he spoke of his sister, perhaps a difficult relationship? Then again... War healers tended to be a prime target in battle".

A war healer huh? Leo never really crossed paths with them as his siblings, Apollo and Artemis, did more around the castle. Artemis is a general for the army, and Apollo...doesnt something else. He had no idea what, but he always seemed busy with one thing or another. Leo was just more stand in king. Attending meetings, speeches and the non fun politics of things.
"Two strong and noble people? I am honored to even be told about your sister, let alone crossing a path with you," The dark haired man replied back, those amethyst eyes glimmered for a moment as he smiled, "As for what now, you have an idea? I am open to mostly anything," Leo seemed to think for a moment before mentioning, "I mean, I need to feed my horse? Would you like to meet him?"

It seemed that was the right thing to say as Thane's momentarily strained smile became a bit more real, fond memories clearing away whatever had been there a moment ago, and then the usual grin came back.
"The honour is all mine... You practically radiate nobility... And your mannerisms speak of some sort of wealthy upbringing... Of course that's entirely your business".
Thane assumed he was some minor local noble trying to escape stifling parents.
"I'd quite like that, we didn't have many horses back home".

You have no idea the amount of nobility Leo thought and had to suppress himself from blurting out. If anyone was wroth of being a noble, it was Thane. Just from the few minutes of being with him the young man can tell he has been through a lot, but still smiles regardless. Something of true strength. "Really? More of a solider on foot then?" He mused and didn't comment on the nobility.
Sagittarius was a massive Clydesdale, and was currently being held at a nearby ranch to the hotel. It was a longer walk than expected, but not clear across the city itself. The ranch was small, with a few horses in it, and was one that visitors could hold their animals for however long. Though the black stallion was very obvious as the minute Leo was in the vicinity; he paced and knock the door for freedom. Demanding, but not aggressive.

"Horses don't tend to last too long up north, the cold and lack of vegetation gets to all but the hardiest, even the King's stables only had a couple dozen horses".
Thane explained, he didn't feel the need to mention his own long dead horse.
Thane whistled as he looked over the stallion.
"He's a real handsome one... And your horse is pretty good looking too".
Thane declared, not missing a beat with his cheesy lines.

Leo gave an eyeroll and playfully swatted Thanes' shoulder, "Alright flirty pants, stop thinking of things before I can," was his amused response, "But thank you, hes the son of my fathers horse even being a mixed breed he turned out large," Granted Sagittarius also ate everything that isnt nailed to the floor as well, "Hes a pig and steals food from the other horses in the stables," He unlatched the door, and the black horse simply stepped out. Not keen on running away, but happy to be able to walk around and what not. Though resting in the back of his stall was his saddle.
A big leather one with a blue blanket to go beneath it. Two saddle bags on either side, but there was a pattern stitched into the outside of the bags. A brilliant royal blue of a vastly known family crest; a rising sun with a lion laying before it. One hardly ever seen outside of Artarm walls; the Courtenay family crest. Though not of much detail but the significance stands of a cities royal family.

"Got it, I'll make sure to flirt without thinking then".
Thane declared, that grin of his in place, after all, if he didn't think at all then he was hardly thinking of things before Leo right?
"Indeed, I think my father had one almost as big, of course it cost a fortune to feed the gluttonous beast properly, at least we didn't have any other horses for him to steal food from".
That seemed to be a fond memory, despite his harsh words Thane had clearly liked his father's steed.
Ever the observant soldier he did take note of the saddle bags, especially the crest... Which he quickly dismissed, despite his curiosity he knew better than most that privacy was important, besides, a cute ass was a cute ass, didn't matter if it belonged to some runaway noble.

"Sag takes at least four containers of feed to be full," Leo agreed with a laugh and patted the stallions neck, who just huffed and nudged Thane with odd curiosity, "That or he will eat the fruit garden. I have no idea how he gets to it though," He said with a small shrug and turned to thank with a smile, "But you could say I enjoy the big boys," Playfully poking the solider on the shoulder in his clever flirt, even though he more laughed as it sounded weird even to him.

Thane let out a whistle at that number, that would be quite an expense, and since the harsh land and undead war bands found in a lot of the nation made farming difficult, it would only add to the cost.
"Big steed like that? Probably has no trouble getting anywhere he feels like going, but with such an expensive upkeep you must be blessed in more than just looks".
Thane declared, Leo's flirt didn't seem to have much of an effect on the more experienced man... Though if one looked close they'd see a slight blush.