Uncommon Fates

It was very true that Cordelia couldn't live there, as a nonhuman transgender person she wouldn't be allowed past the border, a shame considering how vibrant and welcoming the Nation had once been, with guests and citizens of all shapes and sizes, though Lenn never got to experience those bright days as things went downhill before she was even born.

"Well I did feed them a lot... I'd like to think they liked me for more than the rations I shared though".
The mention of a hug drew a blush and faint smile from the girl.

"See? If you treat any being with care, its never that bad," Cordelia mused to him and her ears perked up happily. Then decided to give Lenn a hug. Wrapping her arms around her apprentices' neck happily and her little deer tail wagged, then pulled away a few seconds later, "Come on, lets head inside and get some rest. I plan on taking you two out to the market tomorrow for some air and seeing Dhorn when its' not in a battle,"

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Lenn smiled at Cordelia's words, a genuine expression unburdened by any complex thoughts or feelings, she usually tried to treat any animal with care, people less so admittedly but that's mostly because most people she knew didn't deserve kindness.
The hug seemed to just about send the girl onto meltdown, it was so warm and comfy and amazing and safe! It took a minute for the now red girl to nod and follow Cordelia inside, she had actually been waiting to wear something she had managed to trade her shooting skills for, a genuine silk nightie.

Cordelia believed that kindness could help so much in the world. That even a simple smile or gesture would make the grumpiest of creatures smile or feel better. So, she had no problem in giving Lenn the kindness she deserved. The girl was a strong, capable and talented assassin who lacked so much affection and support in her life. The rams' mentor had shown her kindness when she landed herself some where similar to Lenn, and she wished to pass that onto Lenn and the next person the girl runs into.
Cordelia went ahead to find a small comfort mat from her closet in the hallway, and went into the dark room that had been shut off before. This would be the rams' own room, and also her place of storage for her patients. So many stones, herbs, potions and elixirs lined shelves as well as personal items. Tarot cards, dream catchers, a wardrobe for her clothing, and of course her queen sized bed that didn't seem to take up a lot of room compared to everything else.
Laying out the smaller bed for Lenn on the floor and grabbing some blankets with a few pillows for her. Cordelia wasn't sure how she liked to sleep, so probably not too many comfort items, but enough. Also the mat should suffice as a bed for a few days while she find some place for Lenn to go. Perhaps down size her bed and make room for another? That would need some thought for a while. Giving a small shake of her head, she went about her normal routine of taking medicine, putting on a large t-shirt and taking down the brown locks she has up every day. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Lenn looked around Cordelia's room in awe, it was so pretty and interesting! Bigger than her old room, and best of all... She was sharing with a girl rather than five loud, gross, smelly men! She'd always gotten trouble from them for her flowery scent, long hair, feminine mannerisms, and relatively small penis that she kept tucked away.
"This is so comfortable!"
Lenn declared once she lay down, it certainly beat the floor back home, she even had a blanket now!
"Thank you so much..."
She was genuinely happy for once, though her routine was much smaller, she had no medicine, and quickly changed into her nightie.
Though clearly embarrassed about her body, Lenn was quite firmly muscled.

"You're welcome! And im glad its comfortable, its just a matt but it'll work until I can move stuff around for you," Cordelia mused amd sat on her own bed. Lenn had a very muscular body and that made sense since she was skills in combat. Couldnt be chunky and sneak up on someone. The ram thought she was beautiful, in her own way. For the ram her goat legs gave her a very heavy bottom half and her top was on the curvy side as she didnt exercise. Still flat chest though but that was entirely okay as it made it easier to do things she needed to do. Though it was just what she told herself, but that's another story for much later. "You also to grab water or whatever from the kitchen at night," the ram gave a smile at the other.

"Heh... Only the lucky officers got mats back home... Couldn't take too many resources from the church and their Inquisition forces after all...".
It was easy to tell from the disgust in her slightly husky voice that she did not like the church, or their forces.
"Thanks... I might do that".
Lenn declared before going to sleep, she could do that remarkably fast!
The next morning she woke up early and just lay in her temporary bed staring at the ceiling.
Thane meanwhile was pushing himself to try and walk already.

Right, the church in Katshua seemed to be an iron force. Not allowing their own soliders have a place to sleep or normal comfort items. How so many live to see the next day is beyond her. The ram watched Lenn fall quickly sleep, and followed soon after as there was a large day ahead of them. Cordelia had an internal clock that had her waking up early to feed her animals, clean the house, and make breakfast. Though when she was about to leave her room, Lenn had woken up, and the ram then pulled down her long-sleeved grey sweater to cover her belly. Not expecting the other to be awake so soon, and well one flaw of Cordelias' was her body insecurity. Even though it hardly showed. "Lenn! Good morning, I'm about to head out to feed to bunch," She said with a soft smile, and then looked over at the hallway before she followed her instincts and the noise of movement, "Thane? What're you doing?"

Lenn noticed the Ram pulling her sweater but didn't comment, she figured it was None of her business and she'd probably do the same if she wasn't reasonably proud of her six pack, they may have been 'masculine' but damn it she earned them.
As she stretched out her slightly sore muscles the nightie outlined her body, her small breasts, rather androgynous shape and well defined muscles, as well as a small bulge lower down...
"Morning... That was comfortable".
She declared sleepily.
"Can I help?"
She questioned, getting to her feet.

Thane stopped his attempts to walk and sat back down.
"I'm trying to walk... I dislike being chair bound, besides, these are far from my worst injuries".

"Its okay, Lenn, I got it. Just a stubborn solider," Cordelia replied with a smile at her then turned to Thane, raising her eyebrow and a more commanding tone to her voice, "I understand you disliking the chair, but you're body is not ready to withstand standing just yet. You do not have to use the chair, but you have to use some sort of device to help. If you force yourself to walk so early, you might loose your legs for good," She always got solider who where stubborn on healing and taking care of themselves. A wheelchair wasn't needed for the second day, but he was no where near able to walk alone, "If you want to walk so badly, I do have other assisting items for you,"

As she had actually held a minor leadership role Lenn was more than familiar with things like that.
"Ahh, soldier boys always seem to act like that... I wonder if it's some part of training I somehow missed?"
She asked of no one in particular.

For a moment it almost seemed as if Thane pouted, a surprisingly adorable look on the seemingly tough man, though it passed in an instant.
"Hahh... I know... I just dislike being helpless, and besides, I had hoped to fetch a change of clothing and perhaps do some basic exercise, if possible I would quite appreciate using these other methods of yours".

Cordelia gave a small snort of amusement at Lenns' question to herself, and nodded, "Okay, we can buy some clothes for you today at the market, and it was my plan for the three of us to go for said exercise. The streets should be calmer and we should be able to go into different stores now," she responded to him and gave a smile. She understood Thanes frustration, as he was a solider and a strong one. So to be in a weak state like this could be extremely difficult, but taking care of oneself is more important than pride. If he messed up himself more, he might not ever be able to do most things anymore, "I'll be right back," She disappeared into her closet and dug for an old cane, it had a gold handle, very heavy and sturdy, and was black. This was a cane from a previous client that he allowed her to keep, and it should work enough to support Thanes' large body weight.

Thane seemed slightly uncomfortable for a moment before seeming to dismiss whatever he had been thinking.
"I do have clothes of my own... But then again I could always use more, there are Lodaris cloth merchants in town so perhaps we may find something good?". He took the cane with a look of gratitude and practiced walking, looking quite dapper indeed.

Lenn seemed VERY excited about clothes shopping, her pyjamas were the only female clothing she had... Something she could change without being judged! Or well, arrested anyway, people might still judge her.

"Yes we shall, and the cane suits you," Cordelia mused to him before saying, "You two get dressed then, we can head in before the rush of people," With the attack yesterday, people wont be leaving their homes till 2 or so in the afternoon. Then it'll be packed and chaotic, with extra guards and of course rebuilding the wall and keeping people in for the time being. The ram had decided to make some smoothies for a light breakfast. There was places to eat inside the merchant alley and it was worth a bit of starving!

"Why thanks, it's not the first time I've had to use one, though certainly the best of the lot".
Thane declared, a slightly pained grin on his face, honestly he was hurting bad, but wasn't going to let the pain get him down, maybe he could sneak off for a drink later and check out some beautiful men or Handsome girls...
Thane dressed in the clothes he had been wearing under his armor, at least sensible enough not to strap on plate armor in his current state.

Lenn dressed very quickly, and afterwards had to spend some time smoothing her clothing out, it was all clearly men's clothing that had been modified to fit her slightly changed frame, it did show off her limited figure quite well but also drew attention to where she lacked... She needed some better clothes.

The ram was going to bring some medicine with her incase for Thane. Didnt need him passing out from pain or bleeding more than normal. Already dressed herself as she tended to with company and masked insecurity running about. She grabbed her bag and some coins from a jar on the cabinet. Making sure to have some medicine for Thane and then waited for the other two to join her.

They joined her fairly quickly, Lenn still looked a little messy from her quick dressing, but not too bad, she also had her depressingly small coin purse with her, containing what currency she was able to get in exchange for her Katushan currency, it wouldn't even be that much if not for Dhorn's only major copper mine being flooded with hundreds of undead.
Thane was seemingly not even struggling, proving quite deft with a cane, he seemed to have a lot of experience with being wounded, such was the life of a soldier.
"Hahh, I'm glad I don't have any contracts right now, I wouldn't want to try guard duty like this".

The ram was happy when the two joined her and headed a bit further into town. Away from the construction of the wall to the middle of town that held the smaller shops, food places and it was mildly packed. No one wanted to be out with the last attack the previous day, but some had to do some sort of shopping.
At least that was one specific man idea. Being trapped in the city now longer than wanted, and getting an ear full when he got home, he needed more supplies and food. Mainly for his horse, but suppose he should eat as well even if it was lack luster. Thankfully things where quiet and everyone was inside for now.
Back to the ram and her trio, Cordelia looked at Lenn and asked, "You want to start your training? Knowing what uses each herb or item has it crucial to most of my magic," she questioned her as they approached an apothecary.

Her two companions followed her down the street, their stances showing a lot about them, Thane was open and confident, even as he hobbled along with the cane, though there were cracks in his confidence that hinted at deep hurt.
Len in contrast was guarded and cautious, the sign of someone who was used to hiding and lacking in self confidence.

Lenn perked up at that question.
"Oh! I'd love to start learning!"
She was really excited to learn a skill other than killing people.

Thane however had a different plan, he had spotted the handsome man from the previous day.
"Excuse me ladies... I've spotted someone who caught my eye yesterday... I will be back shortly".
He informed them, before heading off towards Leo.
"Well hello there, running into you yesterday must be a sign if we've already met again!"
Thane declared.

With the other two off to their own devices as well, the man looked up promtly in confusion. The battle yesterday was forgotten and trying to move on replaced it as well. Though the guard was something more standing out than the others who rushed in. As he was already injured before the attack and kept foing regardless of pain. Leo shifted a bit as he would rather not be recognized but here they are, "I'm surprised youre alive. Didnt you have wounds before ruthlessly throwing into a fight?" Those golden eyes looked up at him with an eyebrow raised amused. Never will anything match the brave stupidity of this guard, "And maybe a sign, maybe we are still stuck in Dhorn,"