Uncommon Fates

Honestly Thane was never going to be able to recognise him based off of what he knew, after all they came from different sides of the continent!
"Haha, well I'll admit I came a little closer to death than I'd like, but as you can see I'm very much Alive".
Thane informed him.
"I don't mind being stuck here so much... There's a lot to look at after all".
He made a point of looking towards Leo as he said that.

"Well you're either alive, or some how a conscious zombie," Regulus responded back and looked at the other, and seemingly gave a flushed look at his pointed look with words, "I suppose there is, but I wouldn't even know where to find anything or what there was to see in Dhorn," Suppose he should push aside the increasing fear of his own family for the time being. It was just a matter of keeping his money supply in check and hoping he didn't die in the meantime.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Mmh~"
Thane pretended to look himself over, while in reality just showing off his muscles to the best of his ability.
"Doesn't look like it to me, so I guess I'm all Human".
He declared with a grin as he saw an opportunity.
"Well in that case, how about I show you around? I've been here a while so I've got a pretty good grasp of the area and what's worth seeing".

Regulus couldnt help his snort of amusement at Thane and gave a small shake of his head, "Oh really? The wonders of Dhorn? With a stranger I dont even know the name of?" He questioned but his tone was light and less hurried, "Sure why not, we aren't leaving any time soon," So his families worries left his mind as a strong solider was offering to show him around. That and his persistance was admirable of a stranger.

Thane kept his winning smile in his face, not faltering for a moment, he was fully prepared to be rejected, and actually expected it, but this guy was cute, and he had been single since whatever he had had with Scarlet and Rala ended, and that was quite a while ago!
He was therefore surprised and pleased when he didn't run away or turn him down.
"Great! Have you been up the old Blessed Spire?"

"Can't say I have, I tend to stay in the heart of the city," Regulus responded with a small shake of his head, then pushed his longer hair from his eyes and held out his hand, "By the way, the names Leo, and as much as calling you Mr Solider is fun, do you happen to have a name?" His cyan gaze looked over the solider one more time, and wondered how he managed to survive the fight yesterday after what he looked like before. Suppose upperforces did not want to let go just yet.

"Ahh, too bad, the best parts of the city are all at the edges, a remnant of the city being fractured between factions back before the demonic invasion".
Thane was showing off with his knowledge, readily available in the first book he found in the library.
"Ahh, my name is Thane, Leo suits you quite well".
He declared, taking the chance to look him over again.

Huh, well versed in the past then? Leo knew a bit about his won homes past, but with much unavailable and current events one hardly had time to pee. Leos' cerulean gaze watch the solider before giving a chuckle, "I know I'm quiet attractive for a guy, but keep your tongue to yourself, Thane," he mused to the larger man. Finding this quiet funny and amusing.

Thane held his hands up in mock surrender, still grinning.
"Ahh very well then little lion, I shall strive to remember my manners, though, if I was an uncouth flirt I would have to say you are more attractive than the men or women I have met".

Leo was genuinely amused by this solider, "Oh why thank you, but flattery gets you no where even if you're a handsome slab of muscular," he mused back to him with a small shake of his head, "Now, come on now, before daylight is wasted," The young man gave a smirk and gestured with his hand playfully.

Oh? Was that a slight blush upon Thane's face? Could Leo have actually flustered him? Thane was proud of his body after all, he worked hard on it!
"Hey now, I'm more than just a slab of muscle, I've also been told I have wonderful eyes... Perhaps you'd like a closer look?"
His tone was playful, and a moment later he began walking, trying to avoid his reliance on the cane being too obvious.

"Keep dreaming, Thane," Was Leo amused responded and a laugh. Following the warrior along and couldn't help but shake his head; this was so arbitrary of a situation. Following a strange man to wherever but suppose you only live right?

"I'm sure I will~"
He declared, before going a little quiet to focus on leading them through the streets, his pain was admittedly hitting hard and making it hard to navigate, it was taking all his years of training not to cry out.
Still though he managed to lead the way to the corner of the city with the massive stone tower once home to the nation's religious leader, nowadays it was a tourist attraction with amazing views.

Leo was unaware of the others pain but he no doubted that he hurt. The wounds where not pretty but much better than they once were. Following along at a slower pace, in hopes he would slow down too, when the massive tower came into view. He has seen photos of the tower from history books but never in person. "Wow, its quiet beautiful. Its photos have never done it justice," He commented as he stared up at the tower.

The tower was mostly white stone... Possibly marble though it was hard to tell, the whole thing gave off an almost suffocating aura of goodness, a result of housing the priestesses of light and their paladins for generations, though there was also stories about a divine blessing from the age of gods that stuck around.
"It really is... We don't have anything like it back in the Fjordlands, though I here Lodaris has one very similar".
He didn't 'hear' anything, Thane nerded out looking for random info Weeks ago.
"Though... I find myself distracted by a far more interesting sight..."
He glanced at Leo with a slight grin.

Artarm didn't have anything close to such a beauty and a sense of safety. The closest they had was the God Bridge, but the bridge was older than time itself and hardly felt stable in some areas. They had it was a powerful place of power for the Gods, but at this point Leo thought they where just wives tales. Why would such powerful beings allow for such destruction and despair on a place that already struggled? The prince seemed entranced by the tower, until Thanes' flirty comment and that smirk played on his lips in amusement, "You're so goofy, picking up men by a holy place," he teased him even though the tower no longer was such.

Thane was a believer out of necessity, after seeing demons and horrors committed by men in the usurper war he had to cling to the idea that something benevolent was looking out for them, of course he had read all the theories about the death of the gods.
"Well, considering what the current priestess of lights gets up to with her bodyguard... I'd say this is tradition".

So that made Leo actually laugh, because Thane was not wrong, "I mean, even a priestess gets lonely don't she?" he mused back and had walked up to the tower. Placing his hand on the smooth stone, cold to the touch as its warmth was gone. Then looked up it again before to Thane, "Now, as fun as it is to flirt mercilessly with a solider, why not tell me about yourself?"

"Hah, too true, it seems anyone with authority ends up lonely, it must be even worse for royalty, makes me glad to be a common soldier!"
He declared, of course Thane had no idea about Leo's true identity, he'd clocked him as some sort of nobility though.
He raised an eyebrow at Leo's words.
"You consider that merciless? I'd barely gotten started, but I suppose a prize such as you must be wooed properly after all".
He teased, still grinning.
"Hmm... My favorite subject... Well I was born up north in the Fjordlands, learned to fight at a young age and ended up in the military, of course eventually I ended up leaving and coming here, and I must say I much prefer the sights down here... Oh, and my ass looks great in a skirt".

The prince considered his words, suppose that is true as himself and his siblings got lonely from time to time. Though Thane did earn an eyeroll at the merciless joke, and was interested in his backstory. Fjordland? Wow heavily northern place of snow, but a strong army from what he was heard. Leo gave a small snort in amusement though at his cheeky comment, "I bet it does, being a solider means lots of squats," He mused back with a shake of his head, "But seems you are doing well for yourself, if you've come this far,"