Two Years After Contact - Post Apoc RP Signups

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many words are you on?
As of like two seconds ago, 21077. I'm trying to get in like 3K today and be ahead for the weekend, but it might not happen.

Reactions: Stuffies12
Gotta keep at it! I just got past 25k today and I was super happy about that because I had essay assignments due early in the month that set me back by 4k words at least for most of the month.

What's the story about, if I may ask?

Gotta keep at it! I just got past 25k today and I was super happy about that because I had essay assignments due early in the month that set me back by 4k words at least for most of the month.

What's the story about, if I may ask?
That's awesome! Congrats! I was behind but I did 7K over the last two days and I'm finally back on track. It's pretty much consuming my soul I:

I'll PM you the details c: I wouldn't want to derail the thread with WriMo shenanigans, haha.

Reactions: Stuffies12
this works perfectly for me, tbh. I'm slow this month because of NaNoWriMo. Enjoy your trip, though c:

Here are some pictures, btw. Idk if they'll help.

If you need anything, just say the word!
These were great!

I really want to join this.

Reactions: Michale CS
I really want to join this.
Awesome! I work the next couple of days but then I'll finish up in earnest and post a regular thread to get this going.

Granted there will be a slow period from the 20th-30th when I will be out of state visiting my sister, but don't let that stop you guys from interacting without me! I might even recruit an extra GM for this.

Works for me o.o I'm probably going to be travelling during that time period as well.

Is there anyway to help out? I really want to go into detail about America or Europe, hell even Africa or South America.

• Useful
Is there anyway to help out? I really want to go into detail about America or Europe, hell even Africa or South America.
You know what? I only ever ran this a few times, once in the UK, and twice in the US, with one of those being out in the Ozarks.

If you have some brainstorming you want to do that would help me flush out an area, especially if it's an area you want a PC of yours to be at in the campaign, go for it here on the interest thread. We'll all take a gander and see how we like it.

I'm not adverse to having help world-building.

You know what? I only ever ran this a few times, once in the UK, and twice in the US, with one of those being out in the Ozarks.

If you have some brainstorming you want to do that would help me flush out an area, especially if it's an area you want a PC of yours to be at in the campaign, go for it here on the interest thread. We'll all take a gander and see how we like it.

I'm not adverse to having help world-building.
Got it. I will get to work on that.

• Bucket of Rainbows
(Here is what I have so far, I will finish it up later)
na_bathymetric_lg.jpg

North America
"North America was ready for something other than a vanilla cooking show and we were providing the double dark chocolate fudge." - Nadia Giosia, Actress.
The continent is located within the Northern Hemisphere and almost wholly within the Western Hemisphere. It is home to three powerful countries: Canada, United Mexican States, and United States of America (there are others, but these countries are the most powerful). Before The Contact happened, United States of America was the most powerful country in the continent and some could of said that it was the most powerful in the world. Canada was the second most powerful with most of it's population near the border of United States of America. And finally The United Mexican States, who the country was dealing with drug lords, the corrupted police force, and other issues at the time.

After The Contact ended, the three countries were left in chaos as the invaders left Earth after realizing that it was impossible to conquer Earth. The United States of America's capital city was destroyed at the start of the invasion when one of the invading crafts blew up after it was hit by one of the warheads. The President was still alive at the time, but Congress and the Supreme Court were all gone. Now, it's ruled by state governments rather than the President. The East Coast was abandoned after The Contact and many head from The West Coast, Canada, or some other country. The West Coast now houses most of America's population from the East.

Canada was in better shape than America as it wasn't affected that much than their neighbor. In fact, Montreal was the only city to be devastated by the Invaders and is the nation's only Invader crash site. Their capital city, Ottawa, was saved for the invaders' wrath and so was their Prime Minister and the Cabinet. Soon, they rose to become the most powerful nation in North America and even in the world. Many Americans went to Canada after The Contact was over to start their lives over again, that boosted their economy and population upward in which helped them improve their damaged cities and build new ones.

The Contact was the final nail from the old political party in Mexico as chaos rose during and after The Contact. Now the drug lords ruled most of Southern Mexico, but the Northern half is under government control. Some are saying that Mexico is in another revolution, while most have said that this is nothing more than drug lords looking for power. Mexico City was damaged very bad as most of their city was crushed by one of the invading crafts, nearing land on the National Palace. Most of their military is at the city as it is still under martial law and the government is still trying to rebuild their capital city, despite support from other nations. Mexicans soon went to the United States of America and Canada after the Contact ended and most were welcomed in the deserts of Chihuahuan and Sonoran.

---

american-flag-graphic.png

The United States of America
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand." - Harry S Truman, 33rd President of the United States.

Work in Process
Washington D.C was conformed destroyed by nuclear warheads and an invading craft on June 19, 2035. Most, if not all of the population, died when the warheads blew up the craft and sent it down towards the National Mall. The Capitol was destroyed by the blast from the nuclear warheads. Even before the warheads destroyed the craft, it already had done enough damage to the city as it targeted from government buildings to the surrounding suburbs. Both the United States Supreme Court Building and the White House were gone even before the submarines were in positions.

The President of the United States, Robert Davis, along with Vice President, Waylon Baker, were notified of the plans to launch the nuclear warheads at the craft and soon escaped out of Washington D.C somehow (many believe that the Presidential Emergency Operations Center has someway that the President can escape out of the room, but it has been classified for years since it's creation). After the destruction of Washington D.C, Davis gave orders to retreat into hiding until they could figure something out. The fighting in America had stopped and they started the waiting game from months until near December 14.

The United States Military had started Operation Hope in order to find some weakness that the invaders had. With only walkie talkies, telegraphs, and other lower lower technologies to communicate to other militaries in the world and in the continent, they spread their progress on the operation and how close they were until December 14. On a cloudy day in Dallas, Staff Sergeant Wade Aguilar had been working hard on Operation Hope for weeks until he was running low on things to test out against the invaders. He was one of the fellows in a grassroots campaign across America.

When he saw the balloons near him, he decided to use them by filling them up with helium. After a few minutes of filling them up, he sent them up and saw the results of it. Nothing. The aliens didn't even notice the balloons up in the sky at all, not even their ships pick the balloons up. It shocked the Staff Sergeant into action and sent out his findings to General Spencer Johnston and President Robert Davis. They both were shocked and didn't even believe him at first, but after releasing the balloons themselves, they changed their minds. President Davis quickly notified the other world leaders of his findings and announced that Christmas would be the day of attack. However, they need to know about the ship's layout first.

Six days of scouting the crafts out by using helium balloons and toy cars with cameras on them determined that the crafts had tons of opened hatches in the undersides of them. After hours of sketching out a layout, the military had made a semi-perfect sketch of one of those crafts. The basic internal layout were mapped and soon sent to other leaders in the world. Christmas was getting near as news of hope quickly spread across the world.

And at 9:51 am on December 25, a signal was sent out to all active military bases that Operation Hope was given the green light. And soon thousands and thousands of suicide missions were launched as soldiers with high explosives and satchel nuclear weapons were sent to the sky and into the vessels. Once inside it, they planted the explosives and dropped the nuclear weapons all over the vessels. Then, get out of the vessels and blow them up.

It took a hour until a couple of soldiers returned from the vessels with the sound of them going down. The operation went well, but it was too costly as only three percent of soldiers made it out of the suicide missions around the world. However, twenty-four percent of their large craft were downed and a day later, the invaders left with a message in ten major languages that broadcasted on every channel:

"This acquisition is no longer profitable."

The war against the invaders was over and humanity won it. After the message was broadcasted live, President Davis addressed his people for the first time in months since the invasion begun. He said that he was proud that Americans and the world could of survive such events and then said a quote by Harry S Truman. It was the "America was not built on fear." quote by him to Congress on January 8, 1947. And when he finished with the quote, he said that "Americans-and the world-must be able to rebuild their lives from this terrible tragedy. Then, he ended with a "God Bless America.".

Months after the war were hard from the President as awaited word from relocation of the capital city, the results of re-election of Congress, and reports of other matters. However, the state governors couldn't wait any longer as they were being forced to wait until they could get the help needed. They went on their own pathways, leaving the President behind and alone.

Part of the East Coast (D.C, Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia, and Pennsylvania) was already empty with no life soul around and it become a reminder for many of the horrors. So, they decided to move to either Canada or the West Coast to restart their lives. Some stayed behind, despite the government's orders to do. After the government's warning, they label the Northern East Coast as abandoned and dangerous lands to the general public; but, the people still stayed in these states.

The West Coast wasn't damaged as the East Coast was and it had a ton of barred lands in the deserts and in the forests. People made used of the barred lands and helped expanded small towns into large side cities. California, Washington, and Oregon soon became the states with the largest populations in America. Other states like Arizona and Colorado saw big increase in population and the economy; however, Alaska had the biggest boost more than any other state so far.

Two years have passed since the invasion started and the country is doing well. The federal government is trying to be more active in the country, but they still are being pushed by the state governments. The new capital city is San Jose, which is going to be changed to Saint Columbia and become it's own district. And now the desert communities are facing water shortages in California, Arizona, and other states that has deserts in them. The state governments are trying calm the masses down and trying their best to solve the problem.​

Work in Process
---

canadian-flag-graphic.png

Canada
"My dream is for people around the world to look up and to see Canada like a little jewel sitting at the top of the continent." - Tommy Douglas, Leader of the New Democratic Party.

Work in Process
While their neighbors were under daily attack by the invaders, Canada was doing a whole lot better as they invaders only focused on Montreal. The largest city in Canadian province of Quebec faced daily amounts of attack for the craft until it was brought down during Operation Hope; but before the operation happened, the city was already lost to the enemy forces. The city hall was destroyed at the start of the invasion and soon historic buildings and neighbourhoods were also destroyed. Only the Underground City survived and the people hid there until they were evacuated during Operation Hope.

When December 25 was getting closer and closer, the Prime Minister ordered that the military forces move towards Montreal, evacuate as many survivors as they could, and destroy the craft. Mount Royal was used as a staging grounds for tanks and artillery to fight at the craft, while ground forces were to get inside the ship and plant bombs. Everyone knew that it was going to be a whole lot of losses for the military and citizens of Montreal. The Prime Minister spoke to the brave souls on Christmas Eve and his speech made headlines as he addressed them and how the citizens of this world are proud of their sacrifice.

And at 10:23 pm, the military forces around Canada left for Montreal and they arrived at the early mornings of Christmas Day. It was snowing heavily and made it difficult to see anything afar. Regardless of the snow, the remaining tanks and artillery arrived at Mount Royal and started their fight against the invaders at 8:24 am. The ground forces rushed towards any survivors and the craft as men were getting killed. The survivors were either airlifted or drove out of the battle by other soldiers. Many of them got out of the city before the bombs were planted and detonated. Meanwhile, forces at Mount Royal weren't doing well as half of their forces were killed and the mountain was now on fire.

As soon as the bombs were planted, the remaining forces retreated out of the area and watched as the bombs were detonated and the ship came crashing down at the beloved city. The operation was proven to be a massive success as the only invading craft at Canada was taken down and now people were finally safe. However, the death toll was in the thousands from soldiers to everyday citizens and soon the city of Montreal was destroyed by the crash.

Despite the death toll, more good news finally came in as the aliens left Earth and gave up their mission. The invasion on Earth had finally ended and Canada was found to be in a good position. Most of their land wasn't damaged for the invaders and some of their cities had survived the assault. Now people from America to all the way from China were coming to Canada for a better place to live and the government saw this as an option to increase their position.

Their neighbor, United States of America, wasn't doing so well due to the fact that the invaders targeted America more than Canada. With the damages to their military and economy, America quickly lost it's position to both Canada and Australia. This tragic event for America quickly turned into a great option for many other powerful countries to raise up the ranks. The only countries that were able to take over America's position were Australia, with Canada closing in.

Now it has been two years since Canada survived the invasion, the whole country is doing better in most sections from the GDP to the Poverty Rate. Canada became the powerhouse of North America and rose beyond America and other countries in the globe. However, they will soon have to face environment challenges as moving up north is becoming more difficult to do as the coastal lands were quickly fill up with hundreds of people from other damaged or even destroyed countries.​

Work in Process
---

mexican-flag-graphic.png

The United Mexican States
"I part of this great nation because my grandfather was born here, in Cincinnati, Ohio. He took a horse, back in 1895, and ride it all the way down to Guanajuato, looking for his American dream. No penny in his pocket, only dreams in his head... And he was an immigrant coming from the States into Mexico. And he found his American dream in Mexico." - Vicente Fox, 55th President of Mexico.

Work in Process

Work in Process
---

Last edited:
064861159649f9fb73eb4ec4ad32676b.jpg
It's possible that the alien metal corrodes quickly in certain environments.

spaceship_crash_by_klauspillon-d5l696g.jpg
My personal favorite shot of wreckage from Klaus Pillon on DeviantArt.

untitled.png
A screenshot from "Independence Day" that could be one of the huge wrecks over a major city.

UFO-Fort_Zancudo-GTAV.png
The UFO design from Grand Theft Auto V could be the "fighter" style the aliens used. I'm a big fan personally since it's a nice mix of classic saucer and modern bomber.

• Useful
This looks really interesting.

I'm a Big fan of post-apocal settings, and this one realy looks well thinked-out, especialy for a totaly original setting. :) I'd be interested in playing a scavemger or merc if posible.

A well-written post-apocalyptic scenario executed in a unique, intriguing fashion? I'd have to be an absolute imbecile to resist something like this.

In layman's terms: sign me the hell up! Is there any way I can contribute, maybe lessen the workload?

Okay, I got to finish up Canada and then Mexico. But, what do you guys think about the backgrounds so far?

• Useful
There's only one thing about this, @supernicenow , and that's the fact that Australia is the big dog in the world now with Canada as the number two.

Other than that, this is awesome!

I'm going to get a thread up tonight, and signups can start after that's done, but realize I am going to be out of town until the 30th, so we may have a slow start, but bear with me!

Great Job!

Cheers!

Reactions: TheGreyWarden
Status
Not open for further replies.