Two Years After Contact - Post Apoc RP Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
A well-written post-apocalyptic scenario executed in a unique, intriguing fashion? I'd have to be an absolute imbecile to resist something like this.

In layman's terms: sign me the hell up! Is there any way I can contribute, maybe lessen the workload?
Just look at my short timeline, and start banging away at an area (except Australia, I got Australia covered and will post more about them very soon, @Bakugou

I'm a Big fan of post-apocal settings, and this one realy looks well thinked-out, especialy for a totaly original setting. :) I'd be interested in playing a scavemger or merc if posible.
Plenty of room and you folks will have a few days to a week and a half or so to get characters together because I'm out of town for ten days starting tomorrow night. I'm gonna try to get a thread up tonight, at least the skeleton of one.

All right, The Thread Is Up!

Submit any characters HERE not there, I want to keep the RP thread for pure RP. I'll keep this thread running for OOC stuff and submitting characters, development ideas, etc.

[fieldbox="You've got a problem - I've got a price, #919191"]

Name: Alysson Zaynesworth
DoB: July 29, 2014
High Concept: Pessimistic, Hedonistic Mercenary
Trouble: "We made a deal!"
Aspect: Hand-to-hand combat.
Aspect: Marksmanship.
Aspect: First Aid.
Unskill: Diplomacy.

Appearance:
  • A little under six feet in height - around 180 cm
  • Long white hair that she pays little care to, viewing it more as an annoyance while remaining too lazy to cut it.
  • Unusual, naturally red eyes. Thought to be a genetic defect that runs in her family.
  • Has several piercings in her ears as well as her lip.
  • Various tattoos on her hands and neck, with her right arm being completely covered in tattoos like a sleeve.
  • Wears a salmon covered tank top, hooded leather jacket and coat. Wears leather pants with a studded belt and boots.
Equipment/Etc:
  • A satchel that contains books, ammo and any random junk that catches her interest.
  • Strapped to her thigh, covered by her coat, is a handgun.
  • A knife strapped to her right leg hidden in her boots, as well as another knife attached to the back of her belt, also hidden by her coat.

Personality:
  • Realistic - "Hope? Are you serious? Hope is a joke. There's only the here and now - get your head out of the clouds and get with the program."
  • Vivacious - "Oh come on! This is fun, right?! Right?! You only know you're alive when you're getting shot at by bandits, so just go with the flow!"
  • Aggressive - "No - we made a deal. 500 up front, 500 when we make it. Either pay up or I swear no one will ever find your body."
  • Loyal - "Y'know, that's a very tempting offer, I can't lie. But, sadly, someone else has already paid for my services, and I'm not the type to go back on my word, no matter how much money you offer me."
  • Blunt - "Well, you got shot in the stomach. You're bleeding out and a few pieces of you are... Err... Kind of on display, so I'm pretty sure you're going to be dying soon. OH! You didn't want me to tell you that? Sorry, man."
  • Erratic - "Yes, I know you paid me to keep you safe. Yes, I know I kicked you out of a window. I understand you're angry, but if you don't shut up I'll break your jaw."
  • Hedonistic - "What do you mean, why am I charging so much? I'm sorry, but alcohol isn't cheap and some good, dirty fun sure as hell isn't either."
  • Melancholic - "I remember when my family used to go to beach. Y'know, before everything got fucked up. I remember I wanted to be a doctor, like my aunt... Now look at me. Just killed someone again... Hah."

Brief History:
  • "My name is Alysson Zaynesworth. I was born in California, but my family moved around a lot. From Texas, to Louisiana, to Florida... I'm pretty sure I lived in Florida the longest, compared to anywhere else. I really liked it there."
  • "My father used to be in the army and my mom grew up in The South - I can't remember what state for the life of me. I have two brothers, Roux and Sebastian. Roux is the youngest, and Baz is the oldest."
  • "Before everything went to shit my dad opened up this gym in Florida. I guess that's why we stayed there for so long. So, when I was growing up, he used to bring us there after we got out of school, and over time he started to teach us how to fight. It was odd, honestly, being the only girl there. But I was treated fairly, y'know? I put as much effort forth as my brothers, and I was respected because of that. Y'see, I know that because no one ever pulled their punches."
  • "And, well, time went on as usual. School, vacations, hunting trips... Life was looking great. I was gonna go to college to become a doctor, Baz was looking to join the army and Roux wanted to become a boxer... Then, well, the world went to shit. Mom and Dad died not too long after the bombings... Baz kept us together, though. He kept us alive. Through all of the shit, he took care of us."
  • "After 'Cember 26, 2035 we spent what felt like forever travelling. Going from place to place until we found ourselves in South America. Don't ask me how - I was on a bender for a week then all of a sudden we're on a new continent. Needless to say, Argentina was boring, Venezuela was... That's a story for another time. But Brazil? Man, Brazil is where it's at."
More in-depth history will be revealed in RP.
[/fieldbox]

Done. I checked but there wasn't an actual character sheet, so I just made something up... If there's anything I need to change, just let me know.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Michale CS
250px-Tom_Mason.jpg

Name: Tobias Denton
Equipment: At all times he has a notepad and pen, and an M9 handgun.

Background: Loyalist, to Galveston island.
High Concept: Defiant mayor.
Trouble: His defiance often gets him into trouble with the state government of Texas.
Aspect: Negotiation/diplomacy.
Aspect: Shooting.
Aspect: Battlefield strategy.
Unskill: Hand-to-hand combat.

** KNOWLEDGE SEEKING SCIENTIST **

download (1).jpg

Name - Dood
Age - 26
Height - 5'3"
Weight - 65kg
Backround - Dood was one of those kids who would get bitten by a turtle and cry then put his hand into the turtles mouth again just so he could see how it functioned. He read comic books sanctimoniously and tried to make them a reality, he had ideas but when he realised how much it'd all cost he sacked his plans, but became a scientist anyway as a sort of "Might as well," moment. Since then nothing's really happened except WHAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE A POSSIBLE ATTACK FROM A RACE OF ALIENS, WHICH CAUSED MASS DESTRUCTION , CHAOS AND ANARCHY , but apart from that, pretty normal. He considers himself lucky to be alive but even luckier to have discoved 2 new types of atom one of which cannot bond with oxygen, but has made various compounds with others such as nitrogen and sulpher, he plans on going to Sweeden to use the Hydron Collider to discover their properties. But for now remains in the UK
Trouble - "May I borrow some blood for an experiment ?Urine would be an alright substitute."
Aspect : Tennis.
Aspect : Science particularly chemisty and less so physics leaving biology in the middle.
Aspect : Plotting Graphs.
Unskill : You'd think a scientist would have good memory, but no, not Dood at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
** KNOWLEDGE SEEKING SCIENTIST **

View attachment 92323

Name - Dood
Age - 26
Height - 5'3"
Weight - 65kg
Backround - Dood was one of those kids who would get bitten by a turtle and cry then put his hand into the turtles mouth again just so he could see how it functioned. He read comic books sanctimoniously and tried to make them a reality, he had ideas but when he realised how much it'd all cost he sacked his plans, but became a scientist anyway as a sort of "Might as well," moment. Since then nothing's really happened except WHAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE A POSSIBLE ATTACK FROM A RACE OF ALIENS, WHICH CAUSED MASS DESTRUCTION , CHAOS AND ANARCHY , but apart from that, pretty normal. He considers himself lucky to be alive but even luckier to have discoved 2 new types of atom one of which cannot bond with oxygen, but has made various compounds with others such as nitrogen and sulpher, he plans on going to Sweeden to use the Hydron Collider to discover their properties. But for now remains in the UK
Trouble - "May I borrow some blood for an experiment ?Urine would be an alright substitute."
@Daspro

Seems like you have all of the bits and bobs to make the character, but I would like everyone to add onto whatever they do with the little details I came up with. This will help me immensely as a GM if you add all the information on this sheet to your character profile! Thanks!

94d7d6c5e7975070ed782bc272607b79.jpg

Name: Arisu Hayakawa
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5'4"
Background: Researcher
Profession: Invader Tech Research Group
High Concept: Altruistic Devoted Scientist
Trouble: Just a few more tests and I'll be done here.
Aspect: A genuine Science Whiz
Aspect: The Obligatory Self Defense Classes (Judo, Pistols, Archery)
Aspect: Can I Open My Eyes Now? (Driving, at scary good levels)
Unskill: Could cause a house fire trying to boil water (inept at cooking)
Bio: I used to work for Sony, before the Invasion. My biggest concern
used to be how best to maximize the output of speakers, or find more
secure ways to encrypt data sent by smartphones to the cellular network.
Now, I work with New Nippon Labs on the Experimental Invader Project.
Not only do I get the access to the crash sites in Japan, I can travel the
world to other crash sites. My research currently is on how the Invader
ships communicated flawlessly with each other, so I need to visit as
many different crash sites as I can, to corroborate my theories.
Of course, this means hiring people to make sure that I make it back to Japan in one piece.
Your Obligatory NPC Adventure Hook Dispenser.

Name: Natalija - she never tels her last name to anyone.
Heigt: 176cm
Weigt: 67kg

Area: Europe, specificly Eastern Europe

Background: Scavenger, primaryli, but not averse to taking a ocasional mercenary job, when oportunity presents it-self.
High Concept: Stubborn. Very, very, very stubborn and in-flexible. Once she sets her mind on something, she wil do it, or die trying. Its her greatest strength but also her bigest weakness. She can never bend, only break. More about her personality wil be revealed in-RP. (BTW, since this RP is set in original close-to-real world, I seen no reason to make a character, I'm basicly playing a sligtly altered version of myself).

Aspect: Wildernes survival, living off the land, basic first-aid.
Aspect: Half-decent shot with most hand-guns, good shot with rifles, also skiled at making and repairing them.
Aspect: Expert HtH and melee combatant, good climber and runner, high endurance, very high pain-tolerance.
Un-Skill: Most kinds of science disciplines (exept biology), use of high-technology.

Equipment: A machete maked from a butcher's cleaver, a hold-out switchblade knife, and a customized Zastava M76 sharp-shooter/assault rifle (basicly a Ak47 copy native to the Balkans area, bit more accurate though).

Last edited:
@Marchosias

I've actually done this before in a post-apoc game with a face to face group. I had everyone make themselves up, and since they knew each other fairly well I had everyone pass their sheets to the right, and make changes based on what they thought that person was, and so on, until it was passed all the way around the table back to the original person. Generally the characters were more powerful and capable once all of their friends had a chance to put in their honest input.

Well done!

Added more to my bio, the equipment part.

I'mma make up a character sheet by tonight hopefully :3

@Daspro

Seems like you have all of the bits and bobs to make the character, but I would like everyone to add onto whatever they do with the little details I came up with. This will help me immensely as a GM if you add all the information on this sheet to your character profile! Thanks!

No don't thank me, THANK ME as in you (Not you as in me) when you read this, but not thanks to yourself but a thank you from me( as in me-me, not you this time) more appropriately, YOU THANK ( me in your perspective which is where the thanks is coming from), so basically what you ( me ) are trying to say to me ( you ) is thanks. I don't this thankception thing is supposed to be tbh

untitled.bmp

Name: Nora Rayn

Height: 5'5

Weight: 120 lbs

Background: Scavenger

High Concept: Poker faced hard worker

Trouble: If it's not nailed down, finders keepers (Yes, she is a thief.)

Aspect: Generally quite strong; she won't tire after a day's hard work.
Aspect: Fast at running away.
Aspect: Good with animals, in particular cats, if that counts!

Unskill: Low self confidence. She doesn't show it in front of people, but it all sort of cooks up inside of her.

Bio: Before the invasion, Nora lived quite a normal life in Montreal, Canada. She was the only child of two normal, almost mundane, parents. They were rather old fashioned, running a grocery store and living in the apartment on top of it. Nora stayed there her whole life, homeschooling during the morning and afternoon, helping out in the evening. She didn't have many friends per say and was naturally quiet, though always observant. She often saw or heard things she shouldn't, and it tended to affect her.

Then came the invasion. Her parents died in the initial days, and Nora managed to survive from moving from place to place, keeping out of sight. She was rather good at that, as it were. Her destination was Ottawa, which wasn't too far away, but for a lone person with no vehicle, it could take a while. Eventually she did reach the capital of Canada and remained there until the invaders left... and once they did, she did as well.

Her destination was Montreal once more. Perhaps she was sentimental. Maybe she just liked the Montreal Canadians. In any case, there she went. She managed to salvage a few things from her parents store, but mostly it was a complete wreck. For the most part, she is once more moving from place to place, buying and selling. For what purpose? She doesn't really know, or care.

If there's anything that needs to be changed or added, please tell :D​

Last edited:
Sorry for the long hiatus guys! Give me a day to recover and we'll start this rolling!

Reactions: Greenie
I have some interest, but a couple of questions, best to ask here or via pm?

Very interested. I love the background and the collaboration going on. But what are your posting expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.