Two Times, One Sword (Closed)

Jiro turned over and looked at Yori "To our knowledge he has every stone, but two the Aquiws stone and the Husk Stone. It's said that the Aquiws Stone is deep beneath the sea to our east, and the Husk Stone is in a great crypt in Osaka. Gin has yet to make a golem sturdy enough to plunge to the deaths of the sea. The undead in the crypt tear Gin's invaders to shreds in a matter of minuets. The problem is that we also have no means of getting to either of these as well. The difference is that Gin has all the resources and time he needs to solve his problems, we don't." Jiro gave a sigh. "As for away of combating the Stones themselves there is no known way of stopping them.... well that isn't entirely true. If we could commune with each deity and ask for their help that should nullify that respective stone. Though winning over a god is never easy, you would know that first hand." he gave a slight chuckle. "Wait Yori... maybe you could ask Amaterasu to deactivate the Goddess Stone, deactivate the master and the slaves fall with it."

Reactions: foodforpigs
"Yes, of course! Having the control node become inert would make the subservient ones useless!"

That would mean risking human will. Yoko rebuked. Remember that Amaratsu engraved freedom into the hearts of humans. Who knows what would happen if that source of freedom becomes inert?

"It's a risk we're going to have to take." Yori said aloud, to Jiro as well. "Consider this paradox, if you will -- chicken before the egg, that sort of thing. Human beings were granted freedom because of a stone, including the freedom to be free from the stone's influence. In other words, we are free to be free from the freedom that would otherwise enslave us, controlled in the wrong hands."

Yoko was impressed by Yori's contemplation; they were words worthy of a monk who understood that paradox was a true element to life. Yori closed his eyes and started to sway back and forth, trying to get within the rhythm of the raging storm outside, not ignoring it, but by trying to become one with it. He spoke in his mind Yoko's practiced temple words, until they became akin and natural as breathing, and no longer merely thinking about them. A small flame sputtered into existence directly in front of his forehead, anointing his brow with a calm light and heat. His mind called out to Amaratsu as her humble warrior seeking council in this matter, beseeching her aid in making the Goddess Stone inert. He begged her to trust the ability of human beings to forge their own paths, not to forget the freedom engraved in them, but to cherish it even more as a true, wonderful gift.

Reactions: Tone 6th
"Forgive me Yori, but I can not do this." her sweet voice graced his ears.
"May I ask why?" an air disappointment and frustration surrounded Yori.
"Gin has corrupted the other gods and taken their stones filling them with a dark energy. I no longer have power over them... I am not my mother." she frowned.
"Please there must be something you can do, what about the last remaining stones?"
She paused for a second then looked back at the warrior "Yes I can try and convince the last two deities to help us, though we have grown distant in these long millennium."
"Anything helps." Yori smiled.
"It will take time so for now head straight towards the coast, there you will find a Torii on an out stretching cliff with the water symbol carved into it. Go there and contact me again." she began to slowly drift away as Yori was forced from his trance.

He opened his eyes and Jiro perked up "Will she deactivate the stone?"

The tiny flame was extinguished quickly when his eyes opened.

"She cannot deactivate the stone." Yori said. He then repeated what Amaratsu had told him about Gin and her lack of power over the other corrupted gods and their respective stones. Jiro looked distressed then, but Yori was quick to clap him on the shoulder assuredly. "Don't lose hope, my friend. I believe in Amaratsu, and she believes in us." There was great hope in his words. "She's going to help us convince the last two deities to join our side! With their influence, we stand a chance in reversing the corruption of the other stones. She's already told me of where to find the Aquiws Stone, straight towards the coast where a Torii stands with a water symbol carved into it."

"It'll draw Gin's attention, that's for certain, but it can't be avoided now. Our success in something he has repeatedly failed in doing will bring out his anger. However, I feel like this is a risk worth taking in putting the odds more to our favor. There's a reason why Amaratsu wants us to retrieve the Aquiws Stone. It will be our holding against Gin's monopoly."

• Love
"You're right we must not give up. I know of such a Torii, my father spoke of it often when he would make trips to the coast." he looked at Yori with a smile. "We will get there, and get that stone." he said with confidence. A great yawn struck Jiro "But for now we must rest... May the morning sun bring us good fortune." he turned back over and closed his eyes.

The future samurai couldn't sleep, however. His thoughts were still towards all that had happened during his time in this era. The beauty of this world contrasted with his made this one dreamlike. The rain outside was no longer antagonistic, but a soft pattering. It didn't threaten harm towards the flesh like his rain did. Yoko watched Jiro in silence with Yori; she wished that she could commune with her brother, but it wasn't meant to be. She needed to help Yori find his way in this world more.

Yori stood up and joined the rain, leaving Yoko behind to watch over her brother. It was clean, cold, like tears, cleansing as though he landed in the lake once more. It soothed him. The sizzle of rain sounded as it struck against heated metal. He thought about the Aquiws Stone and the challenge ahead. The Aquiws Stone opposed fire, his granted element. He focused, searching his core for the answer. His surroundings were deathly silent; the buzzing of electronic lights, the racing of hovercars, of gunfire and screams, of the deaths of his fellow police officers at the hands of street punks. Only his mind could supply this, out of a need for the constant turmoil he was used to experiencing. His commune with Amaratsu proved he could focus, when the situation required it of him, but he needed more than that. He knew that control had to be absolute. It had to stand against even water if it opposed him. If Gin or his minions awaited them at the Torii, he couldn't afford to lose again.

Steam rose from his body, an affirmation of his focus, as his core emanated a more intense heat. However, the screams wouldn't stop, nor the violent images of Hiroshima or of his city-god KAMI-5. He found that his attention drifted towards thoughts of his first fight against Gin, when all he sought to do was buy time for Jiro to seal the Goddess Stone. He almost got Jiro killed off by his sister because he sought to reason with her first. His sister was dead, because of his failure to convince her of the right path to take, by leaving her to be corrupted by John Paxton.

"Do not worry about my brother." said Yoko. "He knew the risk of protecting the stone, and knows the risk of his mission now."
Yori moved slowly, going through his training routine in applied PaxStyle. Yoko watched and studied him, closely following and copying his movements at his side in order to better understand them.
"It is a strong foundation, but it isn't yours. You must cut through the veil of tears..."

Yori opened his eyes violently and gripped his sword. In a flurry of slashes, Yori started to cut raindrops in half with his blade, seeing them with his mechanical and mind's eye. The friction caused as the blade met the cold air caused the blade to heat. There was no sign of stopping for him, not when he could feel his core flare with his resolve. It ignited, with the flame supplied from within. Yori looked at the burning blade bewilderingly before smiling widely in sheer amazement. He felt what it was like to accomplish something, that feeling he hadn't felt ever since he was a child discovering the world for the first time. But then, he suddenly felt weak. He collapsed to his knees. The blade extinguished as he thrust it into ground. His impassive metal eye spun, twitching to find an answer.

Yoko knelt in front of him, and Yori's eyes met hers. There was something about her eyes that had changed. They seemed lighter, filled with a new hope, and saw a trace of smile on her face. The veil of tears would be lifted, for the both of them.

• Love
Ayako sat in her new room, the blond woman appointed her. The room was pretty sparse just a bed, a desk, and a few gas lights lit the room.

"Come on Ayako lets keep looking around I'm soooooo board!" Mei whined.
"No the blond told us to stay here until we were summoned." Ayako stared at the wall.
"So? I thought you weren't taking orders from anyone anymore."
"There's just something about the she carries herself... it's intimidating. She isn't like Yang."

*Knock Knock Knock* Some one was at her door.

"It's open." Ayako called.

The door opened to reveal the girl with the fire red hair "Katsumi will see you now." she turned and walked out with Ayako in toe. The two walked down the hall, took a right, and continued walking. "I'm Hotaru and what was your name?" her tone was less then interested.

"Ayako it's nice to meet you."
"Yeah whatever I don't really care I just hate awkward silences." Hataru's words were pointed.
"Well fuck you to." Ayako muttered under her breath.

The two stopped in front of a door above it a sign read "Meeting Room A." Hotaru knocked "My lady I've brought Ayako like you requested."

"Come in." A voice called back

She opened the door and a large table stretched out before the girls. Hotaru walked in and sat down to the right of the blond woman, who was sitting at the head of the table. To the left of the woman was a heavily robed creature, Ayako couldn't tell if it was a golem or something else entirely. However, the same sens of heavy blood lust from earlier hung over the creature.
Art-Wizzro-640x640.jpg

"Ayako please sit." the woman motioned to the chair at the end of the table, and Ayako took her place. "I am Katsumi the leader of this small group, welcome." she smiled under her mask.

"Ok but who are you guys?" Ayako raised an eye brow.
"Watch your tone you bi-"
"That is enough Hotaru!" Katsumi cut her off.
The was a small pause in the room, then Katsumi began again.

"We are a few of fathers creations that, in one way or another, have proven that we are the best of the best. We are a task force put together by Master Gin to carry out top priority missions."
"So what does that have to do with me?" Ayako asked bluntly.
"My my did father fill your head with sand instead of a brain?" the creature cackled.
"Waru please, our guest is new here. She doesn't understand whats going on yet." Katsumi coaxed. She looked back to Ayako "The Master, as well as father, wants you to be apart of out team."
Ayako's tail twitched "No absolutely not I don't need anyone's help. I work alone and that's it." this was a matter of pride for Ayako and no one would take this from her.

"It isn't up for discussion Ayako. You need to find your place here as well as learn to control spirit energy, and you won't learn how to do that being on your own lazing about." she was blunt but right, and Ayako hated that. "I'm not asking you to be apart of every mission, but at least let us help you hone your skills."

"No thanks I'm fine on my own, and don't you EVER threaten me you blond bimbo." as soon as that last word left Ayako's mouth the whole mood of the room changed. Hotaru's jaw dropped and Waru looked down at the table.

Katsumi's eyes went from brown to a bluish grey "I'm done fucking around with you, I asked nicely and you treated me like garbage. If you don't know how to cry yet, you will when I'm done with you." she grabbed the table with one arm and tossed it into the wall, Waru and Hotaru moved aside.

A feeling of enforced terror ran down Ayako's spine... terror something she had never felt. She turned to the door and tried to open it, but there was a think layer of ice keeping it from opening. Then, slowly, Ayako felt a cold sting crawl up her legs she looked down to see ice forming over her legs. Katsumi kept coming until she was face to face with Ayako.

"Warning. Warning. Subzero temperatures are causing all joints to seize, unable to move." Ayako's systems sounded.

Katsumi grabbed one of Ayako's arms and began to pull it off slowly "Wheres that fucking smart ass attitude now? Still think you can do everything on your own? The pain must be excruciating." she was right it was excruciating, Ayako began to whimper. "Come on you better do something before I rip your arm off and beat you to death with it." she whispered.

"Katsumi come on that's enough I think she gets it." Hotaru called.
"Katsumi isn't here! She let me take over when she saw her methods weren't working. So what will be Ayako?" she growled.​

• Love
Ayako whispered something inaudible to Katsumi. Katsumi laughed haughtily.

"You really think I would be so naive as to fall for that old trick?!" she yelled. "I'm not stupid like you are; I know the attack range of your tail. The only reason why I didn't freeze more of your pathetic ass is so that I can feel you squirm if I have to rip your arm off. You're not going to get me closer so you can attack. I already have your arms. Flash freezing them would cause them to snap off like icicles."

Ayako's arms ceased to struggle, with her tail limp in indecision. She was thinking heavily over the implications of this. Honor meant much more here than her time, so which was more important; her honor, or Katsumi's honor. She had trounced it by foolishly calling her a blonde bimbo, and now she wanted blood payment. Though, her honor was also at stake right from the start of all this. None of the other golems met to accept her as anything more than a simple lackey that would take orders. She had visibly no respect from any of them. Allowing her arms to be taken by their leader would only solidify the status that she was garbage unworthy of their attention, honor-less and shamed.

"Grovel for my forgiveness and I'll let you your arms back, as separate pieces."
"I regret what I said, and I am sorry, but I will not grovel to you like some mutt begging for table scraps."
"That's exactly what you'll be when I take your arms away, and after that your legs!" Katsumi roared. "Master and Father have appointed me as the leader of their elite, and I'm not going to let some prideful, arrogant nobody join. It was a mistake even to invite you."

Waru and Hotaru looked impassively somewhere else, dismissing Ayako already from their minds.

"You've made more than just one mistake." Ayako said.
Katsumi grinned, nodding, focusing her attention back to Ayako's arms, getting ready to pull hard enough that they would pop from from their shoulder sockets.

Ayako's tail coiled, then shot straight through near Ayako's own right shoulder, piercing it cleanly from behind and out the front of her chest. The talons of the end of the tail opened like a giant worm's maw, clenching against Katsumi's neck with nearly enough force to snap the head clean off like a bottle cap. Katsumi could feel the razor sharp edges ready to cut at the skin. Without thinking further, she instantly brought her hands to the tail and froze it under ice, then pulled back slowly, unscathed. The action had rattled Katsumi. She had felt death at that moment. That desperate move was an act that had effectively increased her limited range. The spirit that was in control was slipping, and the original Katsumi was taking back control.

Ayako was left there as a warped ice statue with her own tail through her shoulder. She looked resigned, but accepting of her fate. She couldn't kill Katsumi. Katsumi's victory restored her honor.

Last edited:
  • Love
"You're impressive Ayako, and I'm sorry for having to resort to such extreme measures but you needed to learn your pla- ACK!" Katsumi began couch. "Hot *cough* Hotaru defrost her *COUGH* Ahhh *COUGH*." Katsumi collapsed to the floor breathing heavily. A black liquid dripped from the bottom for her mask "Waru!" she called out pulling off her mask, the ooze spilled from her mouth. Waru floated over to their leader and placed his hand in front of her mouth 'You should talk to father about your condition Katsumi." the black liquid jumped from her mouth to his hand. It formed into a ball, then Waru closed his hand and it was gone. "I find it every interesting that your body can take such evil." he opened the door and left.

Hotaru helped Katsumi to her feet "I'm fine now thank you. Ayako go to Father and get repaired, and meet me in the training arena tonight. We're going to work you until you're half dead." she walked out of the door, placing her mask back on.

"Wow I haven't seen her that worked up in a long time." Hotaru sauntered over to the half frozen Ayako. "Points for almost cutting her head off though." her hand started glow red, then it burst into a huge flame. Her hand hovered over Ayako's body as the flame melted the ice. "So I have to ask what are the men like in your time? They're so boring here and honestly not all that attractive." she laughed.

Ayako laughed, wincing through the pain as she was being thawed. The cold of the ice was the only limiter to how much she felt from impaling herself to get at Katsumi's neck. It had been totally worth it though. Mei looked very pleased with not backing down and causing their leader to collapse on the floor, and regaining some of Hotaru's attention was a welcome bonus. Ayako noticed the black liquid spill on the floor. She must've spent more time in the library than she did.

"In our time, you can grow men like plants. Row by row, number by number, a person can select which characteristics that man will have when they grow up," Ayako said first. "but those kinds of men can get quite boring. Take Yori for example. He's that kind of man - designed for a purpose. He changed his ways, sure, an exception to the rule from being completely brainwashed, but still rather boring. The men who're really interesting are the wild ones. They ride on motorcycles, think of them as streamlined robotic horses, get drunk, and change appearances on a whim. In my time, men don't have to stay looking the way they once did. They can add or subtract what they want for themselves, like shopping at a bazaar for a new face, and, well, other endowments." Ayako grinned at that.
--

Mr. Himura noticed the several changes with Ayako, and quickly went to work with the hole in her shoulder. The news had already traveled about the power struggle; Katsumi was in another room recovering as drones had to manually extract the black bile from her body.

"Katsumi will be fit for tonight's training." Mr. Himura said. "So your training won't be over just yet, but you'll be able to handle it, being such a smart scorpion. Most don't think about the damage that isn't inflicted on the body."
"Why do they treat me this way?" Ayako murmured.
"Everything is bought in blood, from honor to family ties. Katsumi acts in a way an alpha wolf should act. As leader, she cannot and must not allow her authority to be challenged."
"I wasn't--"
"You were just by being there; you were when you insulted her. She struck first. You struck decisively. I assure you that she won't forget that."
"And if I kill her?"
Mr. Himura nodded. "You don't think others have tried? She has a reputation for putting golems like that to the scrapper. Survive."
"Survive." Ayako repeated.

"By the way..." Mr. Himura digressed. "I heard you used the meditation room rather creatively."
"Yes sir, I did." Ayako answered formally, distressingly.
Mr. Himura smirked. "I'm glad to hear it. We can't let everyone else have all the fun." He winked at a spot he knew the spirit was. He whispered, "You've both chosen well."

"Alright, that's enough small talk!" Katsumi growled, charging in from the recovery area. "Ayako, be in the training area in two minutes, otherwise I'm going to make you wish I trapped you in a block of ice!"
When she charged off, Mr. Himura nodded. "Go." Ayako turned to go. "Wait, one more thing. A correction to what I said before."
"Yes, Father?"
"Kick her ass."

Ayako entered the training room with her head held high. All three golems were waiting for her with Katsumi in the center of the ring.

"Ayako tonight your body and mind will be put to the test, stretched to their very limits, should you break I take no responsibility." she bellowed with a scowl on her face.

"I think she's still mad about earlier, heh heh." Mei giggled
"Well she should be, a second later and I would have had her head in my hand." Ayako whispered.

"You'll be facing Hotsaru first. I want to see how good of a fighter you are, get hit three times and you fail. After that you are no longer my problem." Katsumi stepped outside of the ring as did Waru.

Hotsaru squared off against Ayako "Look just because you're a newbie doesn't mean I'm going to take it easy on you." she struck a fighting stance and her hands burst into flames. "Come on bitch show me something impressive!" she rushed at Ayako with amazing speed. She through a punch two her stomach, but Ayako's tail came up and blocked though the force and heat was still felt. Hotsaru pulled back quickly then jumped, flipped, and came down with a burning foot aimed at Ayako's head.

Ayako didn't have enough time to pull back her tail from its defensive position to strike, having anticipated an attack too early. Ayako raised her arms in a crossguard to guard herself from the brutal blow, but instead heard the resounding thud as the downward kick struck something metallic. It was a large, simple iron shield, heavily fortified. Flames licked the edges of the shield, and a large fault was cracking right in the center of it, threatening to break at any moment.

"ONE!" Katsumi roared.

In rage, Ayako used her lower body strength to push Hotaru off her shield, forcing her to back-flip off, though her chain of attacks wouldn't cease. She didn't know what caused the shield at the moment. All she could do was concentrate that a block with something else was considered a body hit according to these rules. The block, however, gave Ayako enough time to regain time for her tail to do something. Her tail dug itself into the dirt of the coliseum style arena and started to spin rapidly, causing a dirt cyclone to be directed at Hotaru as well as around herself. She hoped it would buy herself time to borrow into the ground, like a scorpion, to emerge and strike at the right moment.

"Clever little sneak!" Hotaru called covering her eyes. When the dust settled Ayako was nowhere to be seen "Where did she go?" Hotaru's eyes darted around the room. *Phoosh!* Ayako's tail shot out of the ground and hit her oponate square in the jaw, sending her upwards. "Damn dirty tricks." she flipped in the air and landed back on her feet.

"One." Waru chuckled.
"Shut up!" Hotaru snarled.

*Whoosh* the tail shot up again, but Hotaru clamped her hands around it "Sneek attacks only once!" She screamed. Ayako tugged from beneath the dirt "You're not getting away!" Hotaru tore her from the ground. *Thud!* Ayako hit the ground with a good jolt. "Here comes number two!" Hotaru was already up in the air and coming down. "Shit!" Ayako managed to roll out of the way just in time. "Come on girl hit her!" Waru cheered for Ayako. Katsumi shot him a grim look.

Hotaru kept on her relentless attack path in a blaze of fire and screaming, nimbly weaving through retaliatory tail strikes as Ayako rolled backward into a standing position. Ayako knew the incoming doom as she allowed herself to be further cornered by the outside ring. In a split decision, her tail shot backward, giving Hotaru an opening. The metal tail clamped deep into the adjacent stone wall which was the perimeter of the area, and when Ayako ripped the stone slab chunk at Hotaru, Hotaru burst it open as though it was made of explosive cellophane.

The punch remained in its original path, threatening to strike Ayako for a second time, revealing her new gamble. Ayako rolled under it, before jumping a second time with enough force to launch herself high. Ayako landed on the arena's outer chain-link fence and turned herself around. Hotaru moved a flurry of air punches and kicks, intensifying in heat, taunting her enemy. Now it was as though Hotaru had been fully consumed by living flame, as though she were a demon from the pits of hell; the duration of the fight only serving to fuel her fire.

Hotaru knew Ayako's strategy, also borrowed from the insects. Ayako was poised like the cross between a conniving spider and a scorpion, as she scurried quickly and nimbly along the chain-link fence as though it was her web, always facing her enemy, with tail poised above her ready to strike. "Coward!" Hotaru yelled.

A sudden jet of flame burst from her hands towards Ayako. Ayako weaved out of the way at the last possible second. She had expected Hotaru would charge then, but instead weaved in an arc more natural to take down her scorpion tail defense from the front. Hotaru raced in a J-curve, wall-running straight towards Ayako from the side. Ayako had no time to react this time as Hotaru punched her face so hard it caused her to immediately lose her hold on the chain and fall back to the dirt ground.

"Two~" A smirk was on Katsumi's face now. Ayako was just a bag of tricks, nothing more.

Listen to Waru. Hit her! Mei groaned.
I'm trying to set it up. Ayako countered.
You're thinking. That's different from fighting. Up or down; it doesn't matter. Just three hits. FIGHT!!

• Love
Hotaru pushed off the fens hard enough to dent it. With her hand cocked back she was coming in with a punch heavy enough to punch a whole straight through Ayako. Ayako tried to get out of the way while her attacker was still in the air, but a ring of fire shot up from the ground "You're not going anywhere! Now die!" Hotaru shouted. Ayako's mind was a flutter with trying to pick out the right strategy, causing her to just stand there frozen. "Stop thinking and fight!" Mei shouted. Like she had done this a thousand times before, Ayako sidestepped the punch at the last moment and grabbed Hotaru by the neck before she even hit the ground. "What...?" Hotaru choked out under the intensifying grip of Ayako's claws. "Now what will do you do firefly?" Ayako smirked. *Whoomp!* Ayako slammed her opponent into the ground with enough force to make the dirt jump from the impact.

"Now you're getting, just like in the meditation room let go and have fun." Mei smiled

Something inside of Ayako was unleashed, new feeling of blood lust washed over her and it felt so good.

Ayako tightened her grip on Hotaru's neck even more and started to run her into the arena floor. *SCREEEEEECH!* A noise pierced the ring as Hotaru's body began to hit the solid rock beneath dirt. Ayako began to giggle and laugh at the sound of Hotaru's agony "Yeah there you, now take it home!" Mei cheered. Ayako took Hotaru's body from the dirt and looked her over. Patches of skin were hanging off of her metal skeleton. Sparks shot destroyed joints, and Hotaru had a dead look in her eyes. All of this brought Ayako so much just, but now it was time to end it. She through Hotaru into the air and reared back her hand. A large ornate spear appeared into her hand, and in her frenzied blood lust, it felt like it had always been there. "Who's the bitch now!" Ayako screamed as she chucked the spear through the air. *Shunk!* The weapon pierced Hotaru's stomach causing her to let out a howl of pain. She hit the ground with a thud and laid there lifeless. Two repair androids came out and scraped the mangled golem on to a stretcher, then made their way to the Fire Pits.

Katsumi stood there dumb founded, but didn't show it "Good work, you've past test one." she motioned for Waru to enter the ring. "Now you must pass test two." she called. Waru appeared in front of Ayako out of thin air "The red haired one was rather annoying. I commend you for taking her out. However, I won't be so easily defeated." he cackled.

"You'll die like all the rest!" A still crazed Ayako shouted. Her tail flew through the air *Thunk* it dug into nothing but dirt, as Waru was gone.
"Settle down, you're acting like a child." his voice echoed through the ring, but he was no where to be seen.
"Fight me!" she snarled.
"Ayako you have to calm down, Waru is different." Mei warned
"Shut up!"
"You should listen to your guardian." he called. "You need to calm down." A whisper came from behind Ayako.

She tried to turn, but it was already to late. Waru sunk to tips of his long nails into both sides of Ayako's head. She went limp in a matter of seconds "Now lets see how you do facing your worst fears." Waru had a glint of pleasure in his eye.

• Love
Ayako found herself lying on the cold, dark tile floor of PaxCorp, her home. Her body was different, but familiar, and when she looked at the reflection, she realized that it was her original face staring back at her. She was startled and stood up, shaken.

"Stand up."

It was the voice of her father, John Paxton, and there beside him, his loyal dog.
leader__cyberpunk_setting__by_le_mi-d7oy5tw.jpg

"It appears that I was wrong about your abilities for the first time."
"You're wrong! My abilities are the best there ever is and ever will be."
"It's a shame that this trial is now over. I saw how you went rogue during the advanced simulation. Traveled through time? Poor girl, you never left."
"75..."
"It felt like 75.25 years. Your processors can calculate quickly, but they can still be fooled. You've processed what seemed to be that long. In reality it was about a day or so. Yori monitored your progress."
"Yori? He's back? How? Why? He joined KAMI-5 Police Force."
"I let him, yes." Mr. Paxton smirked. "He served as an excellent agent during that time. Now I have everything I need to mount an offensive against them and finally take control of this city."
Yori stepped forth from the shadows, standing to Paxton's right, arms cross, looking coldly towards Ayako.
"That's very cruel of you, nii-nii. Letting me be bored for a whole century. Was that you that I fought in the simulation?"
"No. Yori has grown far beyond what you could handle in the simulation. You've grown weak, Ayako. We saw your fight results. Very poor. Saw the way you instantly latched to a 'new father'. I expected better loyalty from you."
"It was until I could --"
"No excuses, machine. Your program is defective. Yori convinced me that such divergence wouldn't be conductive to my business, and I agree. You even created a Mei character in the virtual world for yourself. It has been deleted."
"I can change."
"We don't need you." John replied aptly. "Yori is my General, and he will lead the soldiers."

Lights burst from around Ayako, and she realized what kind of room she was in. Surrounding her was rows upon rows of Ayakos, dormant but standing tall and proud on frames. Ayako was in the largest military hanger she ever knew.

"Prototype, you've been obsoleted. Terminate yourself immediately."
Ayako stood in horror, no longer unique, only defective.
"I'm stronger than my brother. I'll prove that I am! I'll prove I'm better than ALL THESE AYAKOS!"
"Yori," Paxton said wryly. "Dismantle her."
"As you command." Yori replied.

• Love
Yori unsheathed his katana and slowly approached Ayako, a dead look haunted his eyes.

"You fool I've beaten you a thousand times over, what makes now any different!" Ayako laughed. "Fire all missiles!" she roared.
"Accesses denied. All weapons locked." A deep masculine computer voice responded.
"What? Who the fuck are you, where is my default system?" she hissed at the voice.
"I am the Paxcorp security program W.A.R.U." it responded.
"Fine I don't need fancy weapons to kill this fool!" Ayako responded and charged Yori with a blade arm swinging for his right side.

*Whoomp!* Yori caught her arm bare handed and gripped it. *CREEEEEEAAAAAK* *SNAP!* *Bzzzzrt* Yori tore her arm from her body like it was a wing from a fly.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Ayako screamed bloody murder, and Yori just continued to advance.

"That pain you felt in the simulation was very much real. We really did figure out how to have our androids feel pain." Mr. Paxton called. "Ayako just let it end child, the more you struggle the pain you'll feel." he sighed.

"I will no.... die like.... some dog!" Ayako yelled.

*Shing* *Thunk!* Yori drove his blade through Ayako's left arm with easy watching it drop to the floor. Ayako let out another huge scream. Then he took her legs out from under her sending her toppling to the ground. The android struggled to get back up, but Yori planted his heal firmly into her chest.

"Please father I can change! I-"
"No Ayako you can't! You were programmed to have a limits and you've reach them, you aren't any different from any of these other machines. You aren't special!." Mr. Paxton bellowed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How's she doing?" Katsumi asked sharply.
"Not well, she is giving little resistance. Physically her systems are trying to reject me and reach her, but her soul is giving in quickly." Waru reported.
"Keep going, if she is broken and turned to a metal husk then so be it." Katsumi ordered.

"Please you must stop this!" Mei cried out.
"Quiet!" Waru's eye glowed and a force slammed Mei to the ground.​

• Love
Yori dug deeper with his heel on Ayako's strernum. She could feel her very will grind into dust underneath her feet.

"Brother, have mercy..."
"Mercy? HAH!" Yori's face glowed with utmost satisfaction. "When have you shown mercy to me? During the simulation you were quick to shoot me with a time displacement ion charge blast; cheapest trick in the book, couldn't be blocked or dodged. Thousands of times, you didn't show mercy."
"I didn't mean to-"
"Oh you did!" Yori finished. "You meant to kill me that time, not to maim, not to disable, but to kill. Just so you can have your way with some caveman with a Tech Level centuries out of date. You tossed me aside. What was it you called me?" Yori took Ayako's foot, though she tried to feebly resist, prone on the ground. "Ah, yes. A broken toy!" he roared. In one swift action, Yori gave the foot a sharp twist, cracking her leg like a wishbone. She screamed louder; her wail seemed like music to Yori's ears.
"This isn't you, Yori." she uttered.
"I learned well from your cruelty." Yori ferociously ripped the broken leg from her socket and tossed it aside. Now Ayako was trying to push back with a single leg while the rest of her was protruding wires.
"Brother..." she cried.
"I'm not your brother." Yori raised his katana up high, pointed down on the chest he had ground up. "I am your executioner."
"This isn't you. You got away from all this. You are good, and I am evil. This is the way it had to be."

"Yori, I tire of this machine's droning." Paxton called. "Silence it."
"I know you Yori." Ayako said, assuredly, "I'm unique because of you."
"Pathetic." Yori spat. "NOW DIE!" The katana pierced her torso, but this time she felt no pain. Everything was turning to black. At the back of her mind was the end of the lullaby she used to sing to child Yori to get him to fall asleep.

Close your eyes and keep on dreaming,
The earth will stop its screaming.
The curtains will rise and you'll see blue.
The Sun will always there for you.

• Love
"She will parish." Waru said in a hushed tone.

"Then she was not worthy to be apart if our world." Katsumi said with a smirk.

"Ayako!" Mei screamed. She could feel herself beginning to fade for this plain of excistance, as her tether began to die. "Ayako please wake up!" she struggled under the force Waru slammed down on her. "You...have to....get up!" she managed to get to her feet. "Leave her alone!" Mei dashed towards Ayako's body and leaped into it.

"Get out of there you wrech!" Waru roared.

"Ayako come on fight it! None of this is real! That isn't Yori and that isn't John Paxton. You are you and you're one of the most jang people I've met. You're not like these other lifeless dolls, you've got spirit!" She screamed into the black void of Ayakos darkening mind.

"I said get out!" A huge rotting hand grabbed Mei's body and tore her from Ayako's mind. Waru tossed back into the real world and used one hand to hold her in place.

"You will interfere no longer!"
"Yeah but how long do you think you can hold her with your power divided?" Mei gave a huge grin.

Nightmare Yori put two fingers to his ear and narrowed his eyes.

"Sir, the Prototype Nether Animal has been enabled without authorization."
"Track the source!" Mr. Paxton barked, his eyes wide in sudden anger.
"Done. It's from a self-modulating - radio signal?" Radio waves weren't used to hack anything; they were much too broad a frequency for that, much too crude, but now it seemed to inexplicably work. "Remnants of the Mei virtual character have been traced in our databanks, corrupting the system local. It bridged a connection. Ayako's processes have directly downloaded into it."
"Cut all communications to the prototype, immediately. Do not dismantle Ayako this time. Cut her into thousands of pieces, then throw those pieces into the smelter. My nano-machines will make short of these nuisance Mei remnants."

Communications closed, and Ayako grinned. She felt her old new body again, suspended in liquid. She opened her eyes, stretching her body, and looked around, never seeing the perspective that Yori had when he used such chambers to rest. She burst out of the glass cylinder, snapping her loose wire bonds.
"Mei, you're jang too."
Ayako moved down the corridors of her old home; knew it like herself, despite the length of time she endured away from it. Now the smells were known to her, and the feel of bio-liquid streaming down her body. She felt fresh, invigorated. She also knew the search patterns. Moving like an assassin, she moved before sliding doors, predicting like clockwork the sentry pattern of her selves. Yori must've enabled most of them to silence her immediately.

Oh, dear brother, how long has it been since we've played such a wonderful game~ You, the White King, and I the Black Knight that moves in an L shape.

She chose the dark places, of storage areas and in personal quarters. Fake Ayakos moved in packs, but she knew their blind spots. She was them.

"No trace of the signal here." said one of the Ayakos. "This is bullshit. Where's the fun in hunting a single girl?"
"She was the first." said another Ayako. "Though she was defective. Main defect was her attachment to the organic Yori. Delusions of sisterhood."

An ornate spear was thrown through the chest of the first Ayako, while the head of the second was cut off by an long black broadsword with a ornate cross-hilt. In this world, Ayako's creative power was supplied by special 3D material replicators. Any weapon that she could ever want from this era. She sheared the upper half of stunned Ayako with the spear through her chest with the might of her powerful tail. The nether animal made no qualms about cannibalizing the dead, scavenging for useful components that she fed back into her replicator.

The assassin kept moving, gaining momentum with each new kill, finding creative ways to kill herself, make herself suffer. She knew Ayako psychology the best, even more so than her brother, in their infantile early stages. Soon, the hallways were strewn about with scavenged dead, half melted, torn apart by shredders, with bullet and rocket holes. There was panic throughout the PaxCorp complex. Her family had no right to betray her like this, but now she was free of them.

"I await you in the Presidential Suite." Yori spoke in a transmission.
"I counted much more Ayakos for me to kill, brother. I was having fun~!"
"They're all disabled."
Ayako frowned. "So you're all that's left in this place? I should just jet. This place isn't jang as I remember. At least the world I was in, I got to have my fun."
"Sister, I promise. You'll have fun. You'll be grinning when I rip off your head."
"After drinks?"
"Naturally."

• Love