Two Different Worlds

• Thread starter Soul Breaker Sam
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Niko grit his teeth as he watched the scene, listening to the man's voice as he spoke to the girl. It didn't seem right. Where was Rain's father, and why wasn't he around to make sure that things were all right? Chase's dad looked like a sloppy mess, someone that was drunk and was going to go no where in his life, though he seemed to be well into it.
He didn't know why he worried about it so much though; he hardly knew this girl, yet he didn't want to see her get hurt. Maybe he just felt pity for her because he knew what she had been through? No, that didn't seem right, not to him anyway. But then again...

He shook his head and groaned, finding himself leaning more out of the window than he normally would have liked, his face close to one of the branches that stuck out towards his window. He wanted to listen harder, to see if there was anything he could do should something happen. His eyes had widened, though, when the man enveloped Rain into a hug, making his hand nearly slip from the windowsill, but luckily he was able to catch himself before he was able to fall out. That would have been a mess.

Rain backed away and forced a grin, "Hehe well you know..." Bill they glared at the passenger side of his truck and opened, it, "DAMNIT LUCY YOU STUPID SLUT! I TOLD YOU TO GET OUT OF THE FUCKING CAR!" he pulled a lady out by her wrist. She was a scrawny middle aged woman with a long nose, round glassed and short poofy blonde hair. She looked worse since the last time Rain saw her, her face had cuts a bruises, and she always looked scared.

When the man yelled at the car again, Niko couldn't help but wince and feel bad for the woman that was sitting in it. But the anger didn't spark within him until he saw the man forcefully tear the woman from the car, the fright obvious in her eyes as she was pulled by the wrist, probably pretty harshly by the looks of it, and Niko didn't like it. "Hey!" He didn't know where the yell in his voice had come from, or even why he had spoke. He wasn't in the situation, and he didn't have anything to do with them. But before he could stop himself he had spoke, his voice carrying over to the three people in Rain's yard.

And even before he could stop himself, he pulled himself from the window and climbed down the tree, the branches creaking under his weight, though being able to hold him until he was back on the ground. He started walking over to them, somewhat of a determined look crossing his eyes, though there was also a bit of uncertainty circling in them, as well as anger. Why was he doing this? Why was he being so stupid and irrational? He stopped a few feet from them, his eyes trailing over the woman, his eyes scanning over the scars she cuts she had. He felt bad for her. He looked to the man then, and glared, his body tensing.

Bill looked at him, "Who the fuck are you?" Rain whipped her head and looked at Niko, wondering what he was doing, she still looked a little green. Suddenly Rain's father opened the door, "What is going on out here?!" then he noticed Chase's dad.

Scoffing, Niko narrowed his eyes at the man, his hands clenched into fist, before he turned to look at Rain for a second. He noted the sick look she held on her face, and he didn't like it. Must have been from when that man hugged her, or maybe it was just seeing him in general. The sight alone made Niko sick to his stomach, but he pushed the thought to the side and looked back at the man. "Somebody who's obviously a better 'man' than you." It was a stupid remark, Niko knew, and after relaying it in his mind it made him cringe. He wasn't used to be put in situations like this; he wasn't used to coming up with snappy comments or anything of the like.
Though he heard Rain's dad come outside, he ignored the man. Where had he been before all of this happened?

Rain's dad walked in betwee them, "Alright enough!" he looked at his daughter and was instantly worried. He looked at Niko, "Niko! Take Rain inside now! I will handle this." For some reason Rain like her forehead was on fire... she attempted to ignore it.

Niko looked at Rain's dad, then, when he jumped in between him and the other man. And for that he couldn't be more grateful, since he really had no idea what he was doing, or why he even did that. It was stupid, and he probably made things worse than they probably would have been had he not opened his mouth and climbed out his window.

He snorted and looked at Rain then, wanting to apologize, though figuring that this wasn't the right place. Besides, he dad said to take her inside, though he wasn't sure which house he had meant... But after moments of thinking, and mentally smacking himself in the face, he remembered he locked the door to his house, and left the keys inside. Great. He didn't know how to climb a tree either, so he figured that her house was the only option. So without much more thinking, he nodded hi head and walked over to Rain, gently ushering her back into her house, despite the fact that it felt odd to be leading someone into their own house.

Rain's face changed from green to pale. She felt horrible! She also felt helpless, which she hated! Rain grumbled as they walked in, "Im fine..." she said weakly. As soon as the kids were in the house Rick, her dad, narrowed his eyes at Bill.

He heard her grumble, but didn't believe her, even though he couldn't see her face. Yet anyway. Just the tone of her voice sounded weak and it worried him. She sounded sick, and it made Niko just what was running through her mind. But before he asked, he looked around the house, wanting to get Rain away from the door so that she wouldn't hear, see, or worry about anything, though he was more than positive that she was going to worry no matter what.

He groaned, but ushered her through the house until, finally, he lead them to the kitchen. Still it felt weird to be walking through someone else's house, and to be leading said person through their house, but he couldn't help it. When they made it to the kitchen he stopped and turned her around, taking note of how pale her skin had gotten. He stopped for a second and gulped. "You're not fine... What's wrong?"

She looked at him and frowned, "I. Am. Fine. God, why is everyone worried about me? You guys should be worried about Lucy..."

He took a step back, his brows furrowing in the process. "Well sorry for being worried about you..." And even though he wanted to around angry, he couldn't, and didn't. A sigh escaped his lips before he ran a hand through his hair. And with the shake of his head he looked over in the direction that they had come from, where the front door was, but he quickly looked back at Rain. "Why do you care about her so much? What has she done for you?"

She frowned and held on to the counter so she could keep standing, she was having difficulty being able to stand. She ignored the fever and looked Niko right in the eye, "Look, something good should at least come out of all this..." her voice was still weak, "I wouldnt be able to live with myself if something bad happened to her... One of these days that man is going to kill her and I would feel guilty for the rest of my life. She doesnt deserve this life. No one does."

Now he was more worried about her. She really didn't look good now, and with seeing that Niko couldn't help but take the steps that were necessary to make it over to the girl. He gave her a tentative look before raising his hand and resting the back of it on her forehead. How someone could catch a fever so quick he would never know. "You need to sit down somewhere. You're going to wear yourself out." Or so that was what his mom always told him when he got sick.

But still he couldn't ignore the rest of what she had said about the woman, Lucy. "No one does, you're right... But your dad's a lawyer, and he's with them now. Can't he do something about it then? Haven't you asked him to do something?"

She frowned, "I am fine." she protested, thought she could feel she wasnt she still wanted to help. "Yeah... My dad is a lawyer... I havent asked him." She still wanted to help, then suddenly she saw the house phone, "Of course!" she clenched her stomach and grabbed it. She dialed 911.

He dropped his hand and thought about protesting her from doing anything; to tell her to just let things be, but she seemed to determined, and honestly he figured that this might just be the best option. Funny, he thought as he watched her reach over for the house phone, listening to the three numbers as they were punched into the dial pad, 911, how things could have seem somewhat calm one minute, like when they were talking outside each other's windows, and then everything seemed to be so tense now ever since those people had come. He just hoped that she was making the right decision.

Rain suddenly felt like her knees were going to give in. She propped herself with the counter again, "Hello? Police? Yes I would like to report a disturbance. A man is in my front yard who is harrassing his wife...." she waited for a moment, "Hey physically assaults her! I am worried he is about to kill her!" yelling made her stomach hurt more, she ignored it.

He grit his teeth and looked at her, quickly turning his head to the side and walking over to the table to get one of the chairs. He doubted that she would be able to stand for much longer, and he didn't want to have to explain to anyone why she had collapsed on the floor. So he picked the chair up and carried it over to Rain before setting it down in front of her, Niko's eyes going from Rain to the chair as if telling her to sit down.

((Hehe she is stubborn XD))
Rain frowned and shook her head, "Ok. Just hurry." then she hung up. She looked at Niko and took a deep breath.

((Ahh, but Niko can be equally as stubborn. XD))

Niko groaned and rolled his eyes before he jostled the chair a little more, giving Rain a bit of a glare as she continued to talk on the phone. When she got off the phone, though, his glare only hardened a bit before he looked down at the chair. "Sit down before you end up falling. I mean it."

Status
Not open for further replies.