Trouble's Legacy: Troubled Florist!

Lance Hawkins

Lance grabbed a satchel and filled it with tools: a plasma cutter, wrenches and ratchets, pliers, screw drivers, and a hammer. He opened the vault and decided to bring the light repeater with him this time. Even if he could he never used it it was still intimidating. As he was getting everything ready he heard Elsa screaming up top and a chill ran up his spine, 'Oh no!' He had the big weapon in hand and ran up top. When he got there he didn't see anyone, but heard the screams coming from his bedroom. Lance ran as fast as he could and kicked in the door ready to blow away the first guy he saw, but there was no one except for Elsa kneeling on the floor. She was really shook up.

"Elsa, Elsa what's wrong!" Lance threw aside the weapon and knelt beside her.

"Are you alright? Snap out of it!" Lance yelled as he grabbed her shoulders and faced her towards him.

Siann was going to say she didn't really expect anyone to help her for free (she just didn't seem to be that lucky!) but the woman shot out the cameras, then turned back to her.

"Lance sent me." she said with a grin.

Blinking in confusion for a moment, Siann was trying to remember who Lance was. ...no one seemed to come to mind? "Lance?" she said, leaning so the droid could take that collar off her. There was a wince from Siann when it accidentally triggered a mild jolt, but when the collar feel free, it was such a relief!

"I'm not sure who Lance is, but boy he's got my gratitude now!" Siann said, moving towards Eva and the airduct... but then she paused! There was no way she could leave without sticking it to that jerk and making sure there was lots of evidence to get him arrested and in jail forever! Siann dashed back to Tohrek's desk snatched up a little laptop style computer and tucked it under her arm.

"Okay, lets get out of here!"

"You don't even know who he is?" Eva was, well stunned. She shrugged it off though as the young woman ran to get something from Tohrek's desk.

"There arn't any other civilians captured that were able to send out a distress call recently is there?" Eva hoped she wasn't going to have to go back to her original plan and this was the wrong girl. Not that she'd just leave this one here!

Eva looked up at the air duct vent. Standing on the back of a chair she noticed it didn't seem to be screwed in tightly at all. "I don't think this is the first time someone has used this."

The dark hair woman boosted her droid up into the duct, thankful that Adam did not get the other protocol droid. There was no way it would have been able to move in the small space. Eva hoisted herself up and then offered her hand to the other woman. "Have a name?"

"I guess the name sort of sounds familiar! But I meet so many people at the shop!" Siann replied, accepting the woman's hand to be pulled in the airduct. It was a little difficult climbing in there with the computer in her hands, but there was no way she'd leave without it!

"My name is Siann. I did manage to send out a distress signal.. I didn't think anyone would have received it! This whole week has just been one horrible disaster after another!" Of course, Siann wasn't going to count herself rescued until they were good and off this planet!

"He was a mechanic of some sort. Kinda," Eva paused in talking as she heard something echoing from beyond the duct. It was laser fire. Did the ShadowStar already break into this place? Eva was sure she didn't want to wait around and find out.

Navigating within a system of ducts was not by any chance easy. There were several times were Eva didn't even try to figure out where she was going, but listening for those slight pulls in one direction or another. They'd end up where they needed to be, Eva just hoped as she kicked out a vent into a quiet section of the layer that they needed to escape beyond anything else.

"Look out the window and tell me you see a ship outside and it hasn't be blown up yet."

Elsa Moon

Once Lance took hold of her Elsa was yanked back into reality. Panting and scared she looked at him.

"Im sorry, I dont know what came over me, I just.. "

Her voice trailed off as she tried to look as compossed as possible. Taking a deep breath Elsa calmed down. She got to her feet and looked around. Picking up the bandana and goggles she slipped them on again and looked at Lance. Now she was ready, ready to stand up and fight. She had too, so much of her had been taken away it was pay back time.

"Im ready.. I wasnt sure I could do this but I have too.. I have to for me and for that girl. He knows where she is. I know he does. He is a sneaking lair, I know he is up to something. We have to stop him."

Shaking a little from her sudden courage Elsa gave Lance a nod. She was sure this time. Her break down made her angry that so much had happened. So much was to blame on those monsters and now they had someone new. God only knew what they might be trying to get away with. Ready to take any order Lance gave her she stood ready. Looking around the room Elsa spotted a small bat. She picked it up and looked it over. This would make a nice weapon she thought.

Lance Hawkins

Lance looked Elsa over and was convinced that she was good to go. She went over to the corner and grab an old bat the Lance had forgotten about.

"You can't scare people with something like that, Here." Lance reached for one of his plasters and handed it too her. "Take this instead. It's simple just point and shoot."

Lance walked over to the Repeater and found an oily cloth to wrap it up in, tied both ends together with rope, and slung it over his head on his right shoulder.

"Right! Lets pay mister Fitz a house visit."

As they started out the shop's front doors Lance looked back one last time, and pushed on towards their target.

Elsa Moon

Once given the plasters Elsa knew that this time she might have to really kill someone. She followed Lance out into the busy street. Merchants called out from their floating stalls. Kids ran out in front of them laughing and shooting small taser like guns. It was strange how you seem to notice things more while your hoping no one will notice you.

Elsa adjusted her goggles and made sure that the wind wouldnt take her bandana off suddenly. The last thing she wanted was to be seen. She kept a close tail on Lance since he knew where they were going. By now her number was registered as either a runaway or illegal. In either case it was bad news if she was caught. She didnt belong to anyone and until Lance got her off this rock she was stuck.

As they moved Elsa felt her stomach jolt as they drew near. It wasnt far from the spaceport and from the side street she could just make out the tail of that bastards ship. It was a nice one, and fast too. Elsa crept up to Lance and tugged on his shirt, whispering to him as they drew near the gate.

"There is a service entrance on the side, I bet the code still works, if you want to try that..." She tried to smile but it was covered. She gave a nod toward the small entrance on the side and waited.

Lance Hawkins

As Lance and Elsa were walking through the busy streets, Lance was too lost in thought to notice what was going on around him. He was forming a plan of attack as they drew closer ans closer to the compound, but Elsa offer a better plan. She whispered in Lance's ear,

"There is a service entrance on the side, I bet the code still works, if you want to try that..."

'Crafty', Lance liked crafty,

"You know the codes? Nice, using the side entrance. Lets go!"

Lance crept up to the service entrance and checked to see if anyone was guarding it. Luckily it was clear,

"Come on I don't think any guards should be around. Their probably still looking us."

Just as Lance checked if there was anyone around the corner he heard a voice shout, "Hey just what are you doing here!?" Lance jumped as the voice startled him and quickly thought of something as he grabbed Elsa,

"Uhhh...I've caught the slave girl."

Praying to all unseen forces in the universe Lance hoped that this ploy would work and that Elsa would play along long enough to get the drop on this guy.

Siann didn't know any mechanics, unless... maybe someone from that place across the street? Why would a stranger care to rescue her! Glancing over at Eva, maybe being helped by strangers wasn't so odd after all. At least there were some decent people left in the Galaxy!

Siann looked out... there was a ship out there for sure. There were a few! It looked like utter chaos, and she even saw some of the Federation ships outside. Siann looked away quickly to avert her eyes. People were dying! This was practically a war field!

"I do see a ship, but there's just... a mess! I don't know if we can make it at all."

Elsa Moon

As Lance grabbed her arm and yanked her before the guard surprise and shock where the only things going through her mind. The gaurd took one look at them and laughed..

"You service people are all the same, you know your suppose to be at the spaceport, thats where they are waiting for you to fix the lift gate and modulator, you better go now or its my ass.."

The fat guard pointed toward the semi open gateway leading to the fueling decks and service entrances.

"Hurry up! your late!" Another voice called from the gateway.

A younger man armed to the teeth waved them over.

"Come on, and you better have all the right tools this time, he's tired of waiting."

The young man looked over at Elsa and huffed..

"You werent suppose to bring anyone else here, didnt you listen the first time.. what is with you people.. you dont understand a simple order." He turned on Elsa and gradded her arm.

"Your gonna have to wait here, only one can go in at a time" His grip was firm and his gloved hand was growing tighter on her arm as she wiggled..

No saying a word Elsa gave Lance a nod that she would be okay, for now.

"Go on and fix it right this time, we have to get going soon, rumor has it that their is a battle going on and we are missing it!" The armed guy glared at Lance over his dark sunglasses.

Lance Hawkins

"Right, I'm on it." Lance reassured the guard and gave Elsa a wink. He worked his way over to the ship's hangar and saw it. It was an older model craft that had been completely overhauled. It was a cross between a passenger ship and cargo freighter with plenty of firepower. Lance was too awe struck on the ship to notice a man standing to his right.

"What's the point of paying you pathetic excuses...Never mind just fix the blasted thing you fool. Wait, where's Carth?" It was then that Lance realized that the man was Fitz himself.

"Uh, um...He couldn't make it. Yea nasty accident, his hand got stuck in a...well anyway I'm his replacement. His uh, apprentice."

Fitz raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms,

"I wasn't aware that Carth had an apprentice."

"Yea he doesn't really like to mention me do to the fact-"

"Can you do the job or not?" Fitz interrupted impatiently not wanting to hear a lengthy excuse due to a shortage of time.

The nervousness left Lance and new found confidence filled him.

"Yea I'll get it done right away." When it came to ship repair no one could take apart and fix a ship better than Lance. He was borne with a power tool in his hands.

"Good I've already wasted enough time listening to your senseless rambling."
With that Fitz left Lance to do his business. With him left one of two guards that were standing by the entrance that Lance did not notice when he entered. Lance got started on his 'assigned' tasked. The lift was simple, but the modulator was a little tricky. It took him a good half hour to figure out the problem and fix it; however, Lance didn't let on that he was done instead he called to the guard standing by the entrance,

"Hey buddy can you get that Slave girl I brought in, I need an extra set of hands. I would ask you but I don't you would like to have your arm amputated."

The guard didn't say anything back he seem confused at first but in the end he poked out into the hall to find the younger gunslinger.

"Damn the Fleet! Surely they know you're here, why would they risk open fighting," Eva had been looking around the room, it seemed to be some sort of makeshift storage room. She peeked under a cloth and smirked, it was a speeder. That would work she hoped.

"Siann wasn't it? Here, take my pistol." Placing it in the other woman's hand before she could say anything, Eva went over and took off the panel of the droid's leg and pulled out a lightsaber. She turned it on and spun it once in each hand then shut it back down. The people outside wouldn't know what was going on when they made for a ship. Eva would be aiming for her own, but she wasn't going to be picky on getting out of here. She hoped that the lightsaber would not only be an effective weapon, which is always was, but make people hesitate. After all they wouldn't be sure if there was a Jedi involved or a Jedi Killer.

With a quick motion Eva undraped the speeder and motioned to Siann. "Hop on behind C-6 there. This is going to be just a tad risky."

Elsa Moon

While Lance was off working on the ship Elsa was stuck with the loud mouth gaurd. All he kept saying was how he was missing all the fighting with the Republic and possible Jedi. Some other men came around and jabbered about the battle and all the reason for it. Someone said a name she thought she remembered and it hit a nerve in her.

"..Well yeah once they make the trade that Siann chick is done for. I hope I get a chance with her. I think they are working on something as we speak. Its all under the table you know.."

The mans voice trailed off as he looked at Elsa and walked over to her for a closer inspection.

"Who's this..?" he eyed her with contempt.

"Some rat the mechanic brought with him.." the younger guard tried to explain but was cut off as the man from the ship came up to them.

"She's needed back at the ship, so hands off.. you bastard.." he yanked up Elsa and started toward the ship with her. He was so rough that Elsa was nearly in tears as he pulled her by her hair making the banada come off..

The other man saw this and tried to stop them. "Hey!.. its her!"

But his voice was drowned out by a landing ship near by. He tried to get to his feet but tripped over the leg of the table and fell forward knocking over the table and two chairs.

"Stop her!"

"Get inside you rat.. your master is calling you" he man shoved Elsa into the ship hard. He hadnt noticed that her banada come off and he didnt even care as she scrabbled to pick it up and cover her face. As she stood up she could see in the distance the men coming toward the ship so just as the fat guard stepped off the ship, she hit the button to close the door.

She scrabbled up to the next deck and closed that door too. Elsa worked the buttons fast and put in an override that locked the men out.

"Lance! we have to go.. Lance.. please where are you.. we have to take off, they saw me..Lance?"

Elsa called for him as she got into the co-pilots chair and started to flip some switches and push some red buttons. "Come on start up you hunk of junk.."

Lance Hawkins

Lance's mind was racing. He was worried for leaving Elsa alone with these thugs by herself. Just as he was about to rush out and get her himself she came sprawling through the shipyard gate. She started to lock all entrances and exits and shouting something by Lance couldn't hear due to a near by ship landing. Lance figured it was time to go, so he started to close the modulator panel when he got a painful shock from it knocking him back almost off the ship. He jumped down as fast as he could and started up the ships ramp when the hangar doors exploded. Guards and mercs came pouring in.
Lance climbed into the ship dogging blaster fire as best as he could and shut the entrance ramp. He threw his stuff down and jumped into the pilot seat.

"Those guys are really angry!" Lance fired up the engines and engaged the auto-defense turrets. "Hang on this is going to get bumpy."

Lance lifted off and put engines to max as they shot sky-ward. The ship handled like a dream and in moments they were out of the planets gravitational pull. With a sigh of relief Lance turned to Elsa,

"Well that was fun! Lets never do it again." He said as he laugh out loud. "Your ok right?"

Elsa Moon

"yeah Im fine.. I think.. Im not really sure.. yeah.. yeas is that what I should say."

Elsa waited for him to nod as an uneasy feeling settled in on her.
Shaking and still looking terrified her mind shifted back to the girl. They had to find her and quick, those bastards wanted something from her and they would stop at nothing to get it.

"We have to get back to that girl, I think they said they programmed the ship or something to dock their.. I mean but they were all talking so fast and Im not sure if we can even get that close.. I mean there is a war going on and we could get blown to bits oh my god I think Im gonna be sick.."

Elsa had never really sat down and then she suddenly stood up and was pacing back and forth in the small cockpit. She stopped only when her ice cold hands took hold of the head rest of her seat and she took a deep breath..

"Lance we have to save her from those animals, God only knows what they are planning on doing, they know she is rich or comes from some rich family.. I mean what if they try to hold her for ransom but never really let her go and then they do things to her body and oh my god I have seen what they do when they are really mad and now that Im gone and we have his ship.."

Elsa was on full overload as her mind raced in all different directions with so many possible out comes it was hard for even her to understand. Her hands were flying this way and then back as she spoke to a very confused looking Lance that was trying to fly the ship.

All the lights and colors of the control panel suddenly caught her attention and she stopped talking.

"what are those dots on that screen? Is that radar or something cuz if it is we have someone coming after us and they are gonna shoot us down oh my god I hate fire.. Lance I dont want to die like this."

Elsa's nails dug into the head rest of Lances pilot chair as she stared at the blinking dots on the blue and yellow screen.

Lance wanted to try and clam Elsa down, but piloting a ship like this with no co-pilot was a hand full. While he was trying to figure out how to put the damn thing on auto-pilot Elsa was having a minor meltdown. He was just about to say something to her when she pointed something out,

"what are those dots on that screen? Is that radar or something cuz if it is we have someone coming after us and they are gonna shoot us down oh my god I hate fire.. Lance I dont want to die like this."

The radar was an incoming fighter. Lance knew this lone fighter had to be sent by Fitz but a voice over comm channel proved him wrong,

"you insignificant pest! I'll kill you and that useless piece of filth! Even if I have to blow up my own ship."

It was Fitz himself. Lance knew they were in trouble. He knew how to pilot a ship simple, but maneuvers and evasive action was something else, besides he didn't know the limitations of the ship, so he could endanger their lives just by trying to save them. Lance switched all shields to max and armed the auto-turrets. He went to Elsa that was still having a mini freak out,

"Listen Elsa, I need you to man the rear guns. Take deep breaths and collect yourself I'm going to need your help to take him down." Just as he finished the ship rocked hard from direct hits. With no time at all Lance jumped on the front mounted guns and opened fire on the fighter, but with no experience Lance was missing horrible. He was correcting his shots with each one of Fitz's pass, but each time Fitz passed he would score a direct hit and the shields could only take so much. Lance struggling to drive him away, but Fitz was too good a pilot.

"ELSA!"

A pistol was thrust in to Siann's hands and she blinked down at it with surprise! Of course she knew how to use one, what smart girl doesn't, but they were going to run out in the middle of a huge fight. This was suicidal!

...Not that Siann wanted to find out what happens to long-term slave girls either. Siann stepped behind the little droid and took in a deep breath. If they lived, she was going to be so grateful!

Meanwhile, the Fleet was destroying the hell out of Gorren Tohrek's personal home base. Yet... Tohrek didn't seem to be anywhere. His building was on fire, and now the Fleet was trying to destroy all on ground ships to try and cutoff escape from the planet!

Elsa Moon

Lances voice echoed in her head as she moved as if on auto pilot toward the rear guns. Once her hands took hold of the joy stick things were different. Her aim was pefect in two passes she had disabled his ship so much that he either turned back or was gonna be shot out of the sky.

As Lance kept the ship from being torn apart Elsa took one last shot at him and his whole fighter went up in a blast of red and yellow flames. Blinking Elsa sat in her gunners seat staring out the back window. The fight with Fitz's was over but the one over
Gorren Tohrek was just begining. On the far horizon ships blasting each other could be seen. They were heading right into the thick of it.

"Lance.."

Elsa's voice was a strange mix of tired and farway.

"Lance I think we have to put everything we have into the shields and get down there.. I know thats where they kept the girl, we have to save her"

Elsa's voice went silent as shock waves from the battle ahead rocked the ship

Lance Hawkins

'That was impressive!' he thought to himself as he jumped into the pilot seat once again. But the field of battle greeted them as they approached their destination. It was only then he realized the full extent of the damaged done to the ship.

"Ahhh...that's going to be a problem. Shields are just about gone, but I could divert power to strengthen shields. Also I think one of the engines is about to give. If we land we're dead! Crap what the hell do we do!?" Lance exclaimed as he slammed his fist against the console.

He just wish he had a sign that Eva and Siann were still there or to to somehow contact them. Then it hit him he flipped the transmitter switch and searched for a list frequencies that might be in tune to Tohrek's base,

"Hello, Hello! Can anyone read this. This is...ah, Lance. Repeat...."