Trouble's Legacy: Troubled Florist!

Elsa Moon

The body regeneration had taken just over a day to complete and Elsa emerged from the odd shell like cocoon looking much as she had before. Her eyes seemed a bit smaller and her over all apperance seemed to be stronger. She didnt say very much at to anyone. The only one she seemed to want to interact with at all was the droid she now cared for like a child.

All her attention went into the repair of the driod that was once working on her. She said nothing to Lance or anyone else for days. Silence had over taken her and much of her emotions seemed to be dead or ignored. The once human like nature she carried out so well had vanished. Something cold and almost mean seemed to be hidding behind her eyes. She never let anyone near the other driod that she now kept locked up in one of the cargo bays she took over when no one was looking. She had the code and was the only one that could get in or out.

Just before landing she had stepped out of the cargo bay and locked it up. The shuttle door opened and she stepped out with the other others to meet some stranger. Her eyes were cold and empty as she stood next to Lance. She had no expression, no warmth no sign she had ever been even remotely human. Silently she followed Lance and the others. For now she kept up with Lance as a service droid and nothing else.

Lance Hawkins

Lance had mostly been lying around the ship during the trip. His injuries were better but he had never broken any bones before so the experience was new to him. When they arrived at the dock Lance stepped off the ramp at a semi-limping pace behind Eva and it appeared that Adam was there to greet. It had been so long since Lance had last seen him and all the memories of the stories he used to tell him and fun they had came rushing back. Lance never told Adam, but if it weren't for his frequent business Lance would have had to close his shop.

As Eva and Adam greeted each other Adam threw a friendly smile his way as well. It had been a long time since Lance got to talk to Adam and he looked up to the guy so much that he didn't know what to say. All that managed to come out his mouth was,

"Yea....."

After Eva introduced Siann it was then that Lance noticed Elsa at his side.

"Elsa, you know you've a ghost lately. Are you feeling ok?"

"Acai..?" There was an unreadable look on Adam's face. "Yes, yes. We have a long to talk about. ...Follow me." he led the way, now seeming deep in thought.

Siann had smiled at Adam, but looked confused as he whirled around and started walking. She looked up at Eva shrugging her shoulders before following. The past few days had been... strange to say the least. Elsa was acting really weird. Nothing like the nice girl she met while they were both being held captive by Gorren. Siann didn't try to press the issue, though. Even for a cyborg, getting blown up in space had to be traumatizing.

--

Adam Longshot

Adam remained pretty silent himself. The walk wasn't too far, he had a place right in the middle of the "town". Mostly so he could step out and grab himself a bite to eat or pickup on latest news when he needed to. No sense living out in the wastelands. Opening up a door, he led them inside a modest apartment. There wasn't much in the way of furniture or personal effects.

"Here we are. Make yourselves at home. How about I whip up some cider while Eva tells me about your adventure?"

Eva seemed like someone that was perfectly at home. Despite spending more time on the ship, the little place that Adam had made a home for himself was much more to her liking. It wasn't cluttered with the dust from the corners of the galaxy. Granted some of that clutter had proven to be useful at one time or another, but it was all more or less window decorations.

She followed him into the kitchen, giving a wink to Siann before disappearing. If Siann didn't understand, well, Eva didn't understand why the girl-droid of Lance's so it was all fair.

Eva jumped up and sat on the kitchen counter. "Let's see, I left Corbalous with enough illegal junk to hide the fact I was there for data. That Senator better be grateful for what had to happen to get him the information. Which is of course how I ended up in the worse cantina on Lance's home planet."

"See little miss Siann had gotten herself kidnapped, by first the Fleet and that stupid Admiral Had. I guess I suppose I should say late as well, then he got them both captured by Gorren Tohrek. Lance had the wild idea of hiring help to save her." Eva smirked and touched the broach. "He got me instead, but then he ended up getting into a little trouble himself when he found Elsa."

"I left, and had this lovely plan for finding the silly girl, who's name I didn't know." Eva wanted to make that point at least clear to Adam so he didn't ask why she didn't contact him sooner. "But the Fleet choose that point to go try to bomb Tohrek to atoms. Which I don't think worked."

"I believe that was about the time you tried contacting me," Eva said putting a hand on his arm.

Elsa Moon

While everyone went off to talk to their new friends Elsa made her way around the Adams home and when no one was looking she got into what looked like a small control room. There were computers running and different screens that seemed to be monitoring both inside the house and outside.

Cameras were pointed in each room as well as the front door and back. Sitting down to one of the monitors Elsa wasted no time pulling up what information she was looking for. An evil smirk crept into place as she started to download a virus into the system. Slowly all the operations of the house started to go offline. The lights dimmed once as they flickered and tried to stay on.

Realizing that someone had spotted a camera Elsa quickly stopped typing and withdrew from the room. She had done enough for now. It was only a matter of time before it would all be within her control. Creeping back into the main hallway she hoped to avoid Lance and all his questions.

Lance Hawkins

Lance didn't realize at first, but this was the first time he actually 'socialized' with another living being, besides Adam, that didn't end in him running for his life. For once in his life he felt needed, it felt...nice. Eva and Adam went into the other room which left Lance and Siann in the room together. Lance attempted to start up some small talk,

"So,um, Siann what did you find out on Tohrek's anyways?" Lance didn't what to say, but he couldn't stand the silence. After he stated the question however he noticed that Elsa was no where to be seen.

Elsa Moon

As the others chatted away in the other rooms Elsa was just leaving the computer room she was in when a small alert system kicked on. Clearly the virus she had put in place was working. Smirking she left the room and stepped out in the hallway before they had time to miss her.

None one had any clue or even an idea that something might be wrong with the person or andriod they all knew as Elsa. Truth of that matter they were all being fooled but not for long. Since the activation of the new and suppose improved Elsa a tiny signal went out of her presence and that in turn sent out a system wide alert.

Making her way back to sit next to Lance Elsa felt a sudden jolt from within her and she knew it was time to attack. Without warning she grabbed Lances side arm and wrapped her arms around his neck forcing him to stand up and become a total body sheild. She was a lot stronger then before and her grip on him nearly choking him was making him gasp and gag for air. Backing out of the room Elsa's eyes had gone soild black. Something the likes of gills stuck out the sides of her neck as she glared at the others. Siann was going to be next if she was not stopped.

"back you earthly scum.." She hissed at them. Her voice had changed everything about her was changing right before their eyes. Her skin tone was even changing to a sick green and brown. She was no longer robotic looking she looked alien.

Holding Lance hotage she licked the side of his head and he fell to the floor knocked out by the nasty green slim that was now working its way to cover his whole body. With her sights set on Siann she stepped forward and hissed.. Something had taken over what was once Elsa and its next meal was Siann.

Adam Longshot

Adam was rubbing his head as he watched Eva and listened to her story. It was a grand coincidence. Then again, Adam didn't believe in coincidences. Things were often guided by the force, and now it seemed they were in for an adventure. But with this news... that means miss Siann Acai was..

"...my sister." Adam said out loud. He rest his hand over Eva's that was lain on his arm. "Didn't think the old man had it in him. He must have really wanted someone to run the shop. Guess trouble runs in the Acai blood, eh, sweets?" He went silent for a moment before speaking again. "Gorren Tohrek has been a major concern for awhile now. But this does make it a bit personal."

----

Siann Acai

Siann was looking around the small apartment, and had picked up some unusual looking item from a shelf when Lance spoke.

"So,um, Siann what did you find out on Tohrek's anyways?"

"Oh, well, it's all pretty scary actually. Tohrek is obviously a bad guy, but on the computer I stole it looks like he has lots of contacts and the Fleet. I really didn't get a good impression of them when they picked me and my ship up and dragged me on that crazy mission, but now it looks like there is an entire conspiracy behind it too!" Siann rattled on unaware of Elsa leaving the room, and then returning just as quickly.

Setting the item she was looking at back on the shelf, Siann turned around just in time to see Elsa grabbing Lance! "ELSA!"

"Back you earthly scum.." Elsa's entire appearance seemed to be shifted, as she held on to Lance, licking the side of his face. He was slowly being covered in a weird slime as he dropped to the floor!

Siann was stepping backwards as she screamed!

----

Adam Longshot

A sudden scream interrupted his conversation with Eva. Not missing a beat, Adam dashed out the kitchen door with Eva close behind. His hand flicked, that object from the shelf flying in to his hands. Immediately the bright blue beam of a lightsaber flicked on as he put himself between Siann and Elsa, the saber positioned defensively in front of him.

"Alright now. What are you up to." he asked, rather calmly, giving the situation.

Elsa Moon

Laughing and hissing at the sametime this thing that was once Elsa stepped over Lance and eyed Adam with utter contempt.

"You fools.. thinking that you could just collect randon bits of information without risks.. your droids have been most useful and your bodies will be too."

Circling the room it hissed and stared at Saiann.

"I was there all along my pet... and that stupid droid never even knew what lie waiting inside her worthless shell.."

Hissing its eyes flickered as the gills on the sides of its neck opened and closed.

"Long dead my race has been ruled by that worthless troll Tohrek.." coughing and gasping spitting up some nasty green slim.

Just then their was a small explosion at the entrance to Adams house. As the dust settled Elsa and Eva's droid marched in holding their own weapons. It was an instant all out battle that sadly was trashing Adams house as Elsa fell into battle with the thing that looked just like her. Flashing of green and red showerd the room as Eva's droid took a hit and spun around falling over Siann in its attempt to protect her. Seeing Lance made the real Elsa even more angry as she took on the beast thing that robbed her of everything she ever had.

The gills on the beast rattled as it took one of Elsa's arms off. Her arm went falling to the floor as she went falling backwards.

"KILL IT!!!" she screamed to Adam and Eva..

Holding the spot that once held her arm shot out small sparks of yellow and red. Inching over toward Lance her hands started to pell off the layer of jell that was about to kill him.

Checking Lance for his vitals she started to give him CPR and hoped that she wasnt to late. Her small frame pumped his heart and her human like lip pressed to his as she tried to get him to breath. Shaking to her core parts of her rattled as must of her was exposed as a very small and crued CP unit. Mush like Eva's droid parts of each were missing expossing much of their inner workings. Both looked like they had escaped a junk yard both droids seemed to care for their humans much more than ever before.

Adam Longshot

His lodging had erupted in to utter chaos in an instant. Adam's first priority was protecting the innocent life, which was made more complicated with looming thoughts that it was his sister he was deflecting stray glops of goo.

With Eva's droid dashing out to shield Siann, enough was enough. Pointing a finger for Eva to circle around the other side of the struggling Elsa and the alien, Adam moved in to attack position. As Elsa's arm was ripped out her socket and she went flying backwards screaming KILL IT, Adam was already on the move.

FWOOM! FWOOM! Like lighting he swung his lightsaber, slicing off the arms of the alien. A final FWOOM and there went the alien's head rolling on the floor.

---

Siann was hurting from being tackled by a droid, but she was alive and that was something. Slowly, she rose up to her feet, dusting off her robes, looking rather wary at the dead alien on the floor.

"I... I'm a little confused. What just happened...?"

Everyone looked at Elsa!

Elsa Moon

Slowly Elsa sat up and looked around. Lowering her eyes to the group. A few sparks flew from where her arm was and she started to look for it. Finding it near the sofa she picked it up and looked at Siann.

"Im glad your not hurt.. Im sorry about all this" than turning to everyone she spoke again as her voice crackled in out.

"I was infected and did not know it. Im sorry. I will try to rebuild your home master Adam. I failed to protect the one that saved me and for that I am deeply sorry."

Elsa looked at Lance and than away.

"I will be on the ship if anyone needs me, there is much I need to clean up. That thing stole more than my orgainic matter and I must replace many parts."

With a slight limp Elsa made her way over the ruble that was once the front door and slowly back to the ship.

Lance Hawkins

Lance regained awareness just in time to witness the creature beheading. A little nauseous from the green goo he slumped to his feet and looked around to find everyone in good health, excluding Elsa. With the danger avoided he walked over to the aliens' head and put a plaster bolt right between its eyes,

"I'll dispose of this." He said in a plain tone and grabbed it up by its 'hair' and followed Elsa out. Lance made a makeshift fire pit and tossed it in.

After Lance went to the ship to check up on Elsa to see the extent of her damages. As he walked in to the main compartment he saw Elsa in the corner trying to put herself back together again Lance grabbed a bag of tools and walked up next to her,

"Hey let me take a look at." Lance said as he knelt down beside Elsa and examined her damaged arm.

Deactivating her light saber, Eva nodded to Lance as he took the alien head out. He was one of the good ones, going to go check on the robot girl. Then her glance shifted and she tilted her head. "Master Adam? Not very often I hear that." It was easy to let oneself forget that even though he played the part of a common mercenary, that was all but a cover. She wondered when Lance would come back with questions to his old friend. No one in this part of the galaxy knew the truth, no one but her.

The place was a wreck and while things could be explained, Eva felt it was time that Adam left this place. She wasn't going to say it right now. "We seem to have more and more to take care of. Perhaps though you should deal with your more personal business before anything or anyone else comes along."

Hearing Lances voice made Elsa jump as he came closer to her with his tools.

"I have failed you..master and for that Im sorry. I have failed to complete my directive." Her tone was very mechcanical and distant as her eyes flickered in small clicks.

All of her organic matter had been eaten away and what remained looked tired and sad. Her silvery body with it most of her internal components were exposed. She looked far from the whole unit that she use to be. Her machine like form was exposed now. Feeling like she was no longer useful to Lance she turned away from him holding her arm in her hand.

"It will not go back into place. I have become defective after being contaminated by the foreign material." As she spoke her body gave off a small shake and she dropped her arm.

"Thats been happening a lot, and Im am unable to find the source, I have run test but all of them come back incomplete."

Shifting in place she blinked and her eyes flickered again as she tried to look at Lance. "I think its best if you sell me for scrap"

Adam didn't say a word as Elsa ran off, or when Lance woke up and followed Elsa. Scratching his beard as he glanced around at the damage across the room, he was having much the same thoughts as Eva. It was time to leave this place. There was a more important mission at hand.

...but for the moment, there was a much more personal matter to deal with.

Looking at the very confused Siann, he gave a heavy sigh. "I think I should start by telling you my name. ...My real name." he said slowly. "Adam Acai, son of Alderon Acai and Silva Na'dr."

Siann blinked blankly, before a slow look of disbelief crossed her face. She crossed her arms over her chest. "That's my parents. You would have to be my bro-... Oh." It seemed something occurred to her as she started to frown, seemingly giving some bit of information some thought. "It sort of makes sense considering things Fa said but... it's rather odd to suddenly meet you. How do I know this isn't a trick!"

Adam grinned at that. A healthy suspicion instead of accepting words as fact. "The universe is a series of coincidences and destiny. You may have ended up in Gorren Tohrek's hands by chance and Lance coming across Eva by coincidence. But you made a very clever move in taking his computer. Thanks to this, we have one very important piece to a complicated plot."

Siann glanced over at Eva, still looking unsure and confused about the whole thing, but seemed to be bolstered by the look on the woman's face. "You're welcome. ...I think. Does this mean I can go home now?"

Adam shook his head sadly. "I am afraid not. The fleet is looking for you as well as Tohrek. You will be safer to remain with us until this problem has been solved." Running his hands through his hair, he was quickly formulating a plan in his head. "Obviously it's time to pickup and move. Lance is going to be a great help if he agrees. If we send him and his droid for recon missions and gathering data, you and I can freely pay a few people a visit." he said to Eva.

All and all, Eva though Siann had taken the information about her brother rather well. It was a good thing though. Perhaps actually meeting the little sister he never met might ground Adam a bit. Eva doubted it, but there was always room for hope.

Right now there was a plan being started by Adam, and Eva wanted to quickly implement any action they were going to take and get off planet. "Sounds like you have a start of something Adam. However if he's going to be going into dangerous situation he's going to need a good ship. Where are you going to find that."

Then it dawned on her where a good ship could be had, one that Lance already knew better then almost anyone. Adam was going to owe her big!

Sheepishly, Adam grinned at Eva. "He will need the best ship we can give him. I know you don't want to let it go, Eva, but... He knows it in and out. It's also far too recognizable for us to be in. I want to keep Siann as far away from danger as possible."

Siann was shuffling her feet along with tapping her fingers on her arm. She felt a bit like dead weight being dragged around on yet another crazy ride. ...But at least THIS time people were concerned about trying to keep her out of trouble instead of walking her right into it. That was the only thing that kept her from complaining.

"So that means we are going to split up? What will Lance and Elsa do? Isn't it going to be dangerous? Elsa is in such bad shape already..." Siann interjected.

Adam nodded slowly. "We have to split up. More will be accomplished. I believe Lance is talented enough to take care of Elsa, however. There won't be any need to worry. ...For now, we need to clean out this place and get moving as quickly as possible. Things won't remain quiet for long and I need to speak with Lance."

"Don't worry Adam, this just means you owe me something in compensation for the ship." It was an act really, but she was very use to acting the part of the mercenary and if the truth was known there was something she wanted from Adam.

Placing her hands on her hips, Eva smirked then. "Go talk to Lance. Most of this you can leave behind, and I know what you'll be wanting to take. Siann and I can have things ready by the time everyone is ready to leave." There were a few things from her own ship Eva would have been happier not to leave behind in fact, but most of it she could live without.

Lance Hawkins

Again Lance felt the anger well up inside him as Elsa treated herself as nothing more than a worthless slave,

"Don't say stupid crap like that!" Lance said as he griped the tool bag 'till it hurt. "Your not a slave to anyone Elsa. Your outward appearance does not show who you are. You may feel like a droid, but you saved my life for the second time at the risk of your own and that's more than anyone has ever done for me."

Lance picked up the lifeless arm and walked over to Elsa and held it up to her.

"Now come on let figure this out and get you fixed." He said as a caring smile came across his face.

Adam Longshot

Adam didn't want to think of what Eva had in mind for payback. He was already out the door, back to the ship to talk to Lance. It took him only a few moments to get there, step inside and find him speaking with the Elsa-droid.

"Lance..." Adam said, scratching his beard again. "I've got a wee favor to ask you, if you're up to it. Fully paid... hell, I'll answer any questions you have. I heh, " he gave a sheepish grin, "I haven't exactly been the most honest with you. But, I have an important mission for you if you think you can handle it."

----

Siann Acai

Meanwhile, Siann was helping Eva gather up everything of importance from Adam's apartment. There really wasn't a lot of personal things. But, she did figure out (even if it wasn't already painfully obvious) that he was a Jedi, not just some mercenary with a stolen lightsaber. It was just the way he lived. That was a comfort to know, as she was starting to wonder if she'd be in real trouble traveling around with an outlaw for a brother.

As if she weren't in enough trouble already!

"...I hope the shop will be okay without me. There are droids to help run the business, but for how long could everything go without me? I wonder if anyone will even notice I'm missing! Oh... but Lance did, and I didn't even know him." Siann was voicing all of her thoughts out loud, regardless if Eva was listening or not.