Trouble's Legacy: Troubled Florist!

Elsa Moon

Elsa could only watch as Lance took hold of the radio and did his best to reach someone. He just had to get someone or they were done for. The ship was being rocked back and forth from the other ships missing the real target.

"Lance we cant take much more of this, maybe their is a pod we can get into, an escape pod.."

Elsa quickly sat down at one of the controls and franticly typed in override codes she didnt even know that she knew. Her fingers were flying over the keys as slowly some of the sheilds came back online and the lights in the ship stopped flickering.
The left engine came back online just a little to give them more navigation speed helping Lance guide the ship.

As they waited for a reply Elsa worked the controls as best as she could setting up power to the shields by taking power from one area of the ship and redirecting it to where it was needed most. Elsa's hands where shaking as she typed. Slowly her fingers came to a stop, her breathing was very fast as she turned to Lance and tried to smile. Her eyes were very small as her lips trembled.

"Lance..?" Her voice just barely above a whisper.. "Im tired.." As her last words fell from her lips Elsa slumpped over in her chair.

Lance Hawkins

Lance kept trying the transponder to try and reach Eva or Siann to know if they were ok, but the longer he waited the closer the ship was getting to the battle. Lance didn't even notice Elsa sit beside him until he noticed the shields powering back up and left engine coming back online,

"Wha-!" was all Lance could say. Elsa stopped doing what ever it was that she was doing and turned to Lance and barely managed a smile and whispered,

"Lance..? I'm tired.."

was all she said as she passed out in the co-pilot's chair.

"Elsa! Hey, hey!" He got out of his seat to check for her pulse. She seemed to be just sleeping, but Lance wasn't sure. He didn't know what happened or what she was doing. Lance pick Elsa up and set her in the crew quarters on a bed. He prayed that she was only resting, but he couldn't stay and make sure he need to pilot the ship and wait for a response for Eva or Siann, granted they were still ok. Lance jumped back into the pilot's chair and continued trying to raise the base.

"Signals are getting through and out of the system. I want all communication jammed. ALL! Now get on it you slime. We do not need the media reporting this, we've got them shut up about the civilian!" Indeed the report from the Fleet was that they never use civilians and that the lost of the Admiral was tragic, but he was with a trained undercover operative. Now it was the matter of destroying all evidence, including ships coming into the moon's space.

----

As Eva drove the speeder out of the equipment room she did notice a nice feature on their borrowed vehicle. A low power shield. She set it for full front shields and hoped the thing didn't get overloaded before they got to a ship. Preferably her own ship, but Eva wasn't going to be picky.

The Fleet's ShadowStar was doing a good deal of damage to everything in the place. It also seemed like they didn't even care about taking over the place. Tohrek's men were not exactly helpless and were doing their best to take out the agents. This resulted in a field of laser fire coming from all directions.

Eva drove the speeder with one arm, which was not ideal in the least, it made her reaction time slower. She dared not replace the lightsaber into her belt however. She was reflecting shots and taking out anyone that tried to stop her be they smugglers or military since there were a few fools from both camps that actually tried to stop her.

The speeder started making a good deal of noise and her fears were starting to be realized. The shields were taking a lot more then they were designed to and the shield generator was overheating. On a ship this would be inconvenient, but on a modded speeder this was going to be bad. Very bad.

"Time to get off!" Eva pushed back, letting go of the steering handle. She felt a bit bad for Siann since she was in the back of the speeder and the first to hit grown with a droid falling on top of her. Eva didn't exactly get a graceful landing either, but she wasn't concerned about her landing as much as directing the speeder in a heavy pocket of fighting. The explosion would distract the fighters more without causing too much damage.

Standing, Eva looked at the two men near her ship. Each had lost their blaster and had pulled out knives to take on each other. "Get out of here, or you can fight me." She swung the lightsaber for emphasis. The men got the message and quickly found other things to do. "Get on the ship. We're sitting ducks here!"

OMPH! Siann was unceremoniously crushed by the droid, but there was little time to complain with all the excitement! Between laser fire and her rescuer swinging around a light saber, it was all utter chaos!

"Get on the ship. We're sitting ducks here!" Eva shouted.

There was no need to tell Siann twice. She was up an on the ship, navigating her way to the control deck and plopping in to the co-pilots seat. This was one of those moments she was so very glad that she took Pop's advice for piloting lessons! Tuning in to Eva's ship took only a few moments, but Siann was getting things geared up and ready to go!

Signals were trying to buzz through the radio comlinks, but most of it kept coming in through as static. Eva's ship had a very impressive radar system, but Siann hadn't any time to put thought in to it.

'he--lo... re- th---is... Lance... repeat...'

'want..communication... jammed... ...shut up... civilian... destroy... no survivors wanted....'

'...Eva... where ar-... did you ge-- into... it's Adam...'

"Miss Eva...!" Siann called, hoping the woman could hear her! "Eva, they're jamming up the signals! I think they're going to destroy the whole planet! Please hurry!"

Action so Far: (It's getting intense! This is just so we don't get confused! XD) The Fleet has given orders to destroy everything on the moon and make sure no one escapes. That even includes the 'civilian' that was captured. They're trying to cover up their mistake. Gorren has escaped. Siann and Eva have made it to Eva's ship and are about to take off. Lance and Elsa are in a severely damaged ship (due to being chased down by Fitz) near the moon, and are about to run in to The Fleet and be targeted simply for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Elsa has mysteriously passed out! Siann is hearing the help signal from Lance's ship (though garbled), along with the signals from the Fleet giving kill-orders, and a signal from the mysterious Adam trying to contact Eva! (P.S. I'm going to play Adam as a character so no one npc him! Muahaha!)

Covering their rear as it were, Eva backed up into the ramp and then secured the hatch. As she turned to get her bearing in her ship once more she heard Siann yelling at her. Eva ran to the cockpit and was amazed to see everything was ready to go.

"Hope you're not a big fan of the laws of gravity," Eva said as she dropped into the pilot seat and started to take them off the surface of the moon. Barely out of the atmosphere and she was already making hairpin turns. She could tell there was a lot of static coming from the com systems and for the moment Eva just concentrated on staying alive. Which was not easy. Siann had to evade not just other ships, but there was a dark shadow above them. "You got a last name, Siann?"

Elsa Moon

The bit of rest that Elsa got was just enough for her. She sat up suddenly to see she had been moved. Looking around she knew that Lance was doing his best to pilot the damaged ship. They still had to escape somehow. Their had to be an escape pod.

Rolling out of her bunk Elsa found a small control panal and she dialed into it. Knowing that her internal cord could reach the panal, she let out a soft whimper as from her left wrist a patch of her skin opened and a usb like cord popped out. Tugging at it with her right hand Elsa connected to the ships communications and started to send out a signal.

"....Abandoning ship... civilian.. Lance single human.. resuce pod.. from.."

The ship was shaking badly now it was about to crash as it took hit after hit from the battle.

"..Resue Siann.. Lance... humans... in danger... transmission over"

Elsa fell over on her side as the ship bounced hard from left to right.. She had to get Lance off this doomed ship. She struggled to get to her feet.. Once on the main deck she found the escape pod door and with one press of the panel the two silver doors opened.. Staggering back she went to the cock-pit and grabbed Lance.

Without a word she pulled him to the pod and shoved him inside it. The cord to her communications never went back into her wrist it dangled like a broken guitar string. As the doors closed on Lance it clipped the cord, yanking it from Elsa's wrist... ripping up her arm in a sharp violent motion.. the part of her that was machine was exposed... she blinked.. and fell back..

"Go... save her... they come.. they come.." Falling back from the doors just as they closed red lights and warnings started to blare from the ship..

"..Warning.. self distruct in 3 seconds.... warning....warning.."

As soon as the doors closed... the pod was lauched with only Lance inside... Elsa watched it sail away as the doomed shipped started to exploded.. Her eyes closed as an explosion ripped up the main deck and in seconds the ship was only fragments in the sky.

Lance Hawkins

They got to the point were the military saw the ship coming and opened fire even though it was clearly damaged.

"What the hell! Their shooting at us?" Lance shouted mostly to himself since Elsa passed out. He was thinking of putting the ship into a dive and crash land on the surface, but was distracted by the cock-pit doors opening. It was Elsa and before Lance could say a work she grabbed him up and tossed him into a escape pod. As Lance was going to ask Elsa what the big deal was a chunk of her skin was ripped off and instead of blood and muscle there was only circuits and wires. Elsa just fell back and said,

"Go... save her... they come.. they come.." Those were her last words as the escape pod doors shut and launched. Lance was thrown against the view port and the last thing he saw before he blacked out was a explosion where the ship used to be.

"Oh, I'm Siann Acai." Siann replied.

~ ~ ~ ~

Dodging The Fleet's ships was no easy task but Eva's ship managed to evade. The real shocker was finding the escape pod amongst a destroyed ship's debris. It would have been missed if not for the garbled distress signals and the familiar name. Lance. The man that started this crazy rescue mission. Picking up the escape pod with an unconscious Lance inside, along with much of the ships' debris to sell for scraps, they flew off in to space. In the debris they found a robot/cyborg body shell! The remains of Elsa Moon. She was severely damaged, but with a little care she might be repaired...

Returning back to the home planet right away was not an option. For some reason Siann Acai was wanted by the Fleet! Eva, took the ship to a small obscure planet. A good place to rest, hide out, and regroup.

A conspiracy has begun...

TWO DAYS LATER - PLANET KHERB 9

Siann was grateful to be free, but freedom seemed to come with a weird price. There were a lot of things going on that she didn't understand, and it seemed she couldn't go back home yet. Eva said it was dangerous. Thinking of Eva, since that rescue day Eva was acting very strange around her. Siann wondered is perhaps she said something awkward, but she didn't have much time to dwell on it. They found Lance in an escape pod and (what she assumed) was his cyborg partner in the debris... and Siann was rather surprised to find out she had seen that girl before. One of Gorren Tohrek's slaves. It was good to know someone else escaped, but the girl was so damaged Siann was worried that she may not be repairable. Meanwhile, Lance had yet to wake up from his injuries.

For the moment, with Lance sleeping, a droid working on Elsa, and Eva mysteriously busy, Siann was going through the little laptop style computer she managed to steal out of Gorren Tohrek's office. There were many things in here. Money Books, smuggling deals, slave trades... but what caught her attention the most was a connection to The Fleet. This was an extraordinary discovery... she really needed to take it to the authorities!

Lance Hawkins

Lance could feel the heat of the explosion and watched in horror as Elsa blew up along with the ship.

"ELSA!" Lance shouted as he jumped out of his bed and land on his side. He managed to get up to to one knee as he was greeted with a sharp pain in his chest and a splitting head ache. He looked around the room and tried to reached for one of his pistols, but realized that he had bandages on where his vest should be.. It was then he noticed that a girl sitting at a table startled at his sudden out burst. Still groggy from the pain and something else he had no idea where he could be.

"Where am I? Where's Sainn and Eva!" Lance exclaimed as he tried to stand but fell back wards against the bed. He just stared at the floor as tears started to well up in his eyes,

"What happened to Them? And Elsa!?"

Family had always been an abstract concept or sometimes an artificial construction. Not that this was a bad thing, but when Siann Acai came into the picture all that changed.

Eva had sold the scrap not that it amounted to much, but it hadn't been the reason she'd gone to the destroyed ship. The money though would justify helping out Lance and his slave girl. Lance didn't seem the type to buy a slave, so she'd wait till he woke to make judgements.

Taking a deep breath, Eva turn on the comm system. "Why do you assume that there's a firefight somewhere in the galaxy I'm in the middle of it," Eva said in greeting to the man who she was contacting. Eva smiled to herself.

Startled by the sudden screaming, Siann blinked a moment before she moved over the bed with a nice cold drink. "I'M Siann!" she replied quickly, pulling up his legs to tuck him back in.

"If Elsa is your robot-girl, I'm not sure if she's okay. Eva's unit it working on her but, well, it's no mechanic. Are you Lance? I wanted to thank you for sending Eva to come and get me. I really thought I was going to be a goner!" Siann chattered on. After tucking him back in she returned to her chair at the table, pointing a finger over at the corner of the room where the unit was working on what was left of Elsa's frame. "Eva picked up some scraps and sold them to get new pieces for Elsa, but I don't know if it's enough..."
---

Over the comlink in response to Eva came a rich male voice. He was amused but it was obvious there was a worried tint to it.

'Can you blame me...? There are odd disturbances lately. I just wanted to make sure you were alright.' A chuckle. 'But I can see you are in fine form, sweetheart. Gave some people hell, did you?'

"Not enough this time. Was pulling too many people out of it." Eva paused for a moment. "I'm coming over soon, and I might be bringing a few visitors. One I know you know." Eva looked behind her at the door. "This Lance Hawkins guy is a bit scatter brained, but I get the impression he thinks you owe him money but otherwise considers Adam Longshot a friend. Has he always owned a modified slave girl?" For the moment, Eva was going to avoid mentioning Siann. Her situation was just very unexpected.

Lance Hawkins

Sainn reassured Lance that everyone was ok for the most part and they were safe for now.

"I'm glad Eva found you. I'm sorry I couldn't have been there myself, but..."

Lance trailed off as he looked to the corner of the room where the droid was working with the remains of Elsa. Lance grunted as he sat up right and readied himself to walk. He managed to limp over to the droid and pushed it out of the way as he examined what was left of his fallen comrade Elsa. He noticed that other than a few burns and dents the 'head' wasn't too damaged.

"I can save her memory if her brain is still intact, The rest however might need to be replaced." Lance now focusing on fixing maybe the only friend he had in the galaxy ignored his pain and started reaching for nearby tools and went to work. Lance in a trance like state didn't even notice himself whisper,

"Don't worry Elsa, you saved my life now I'm going to save yours."

'Visitors, eh?' His voice sounded curious. It was obvious he was picking something up from Eva's tone, but wasn't mentioning it. He simply reponded to her questions. 'That mechanic kid? Not a chance. I'll wager he got himself mixed up in some damsel's distress.'

----

Considering she didn't really know him, he had nothing to be sorry for. Her shrug went unnoticed as he moved to the cyborg girl. Siann felt immensely sorry for him. And Elsa too. They had come out of their way to get her out of trouble, and earned a whole lot of injuries and heartbreak for it. Well, Siann wouldn't let their good deeds go unrewarded, or let those jerkfaces get away with what they were doing. That included Gorren Tohrek's slave rings AND the Fleets horrible tactics!

Getting up silently from her chair, Siann left the room so Lance could be alone with Elsa. She stepped in to the cockpit where Eva was chatting with someone over one of the comlinks.

"Miss Eva, I looked at the files on the computer I grabbed. There's a lot of very wrong things on there. Even about the Fleet. I think we have to take it to the authorities. ...If we can find any that aren't corrupt!"

Elsa Moon

As Lance worked on Elsa his trance like state kept him from noticing the tiny eye movements. Elsa was in bad shape but over all her insides where fine. She was built for this sort of abuse and it wasnt long before her celluar regeneration kicked in.

A soft click echoced near Lances left arm as he worked followed by a timid but growing humm. The lights in the room lowered and flickered for a brief moment and then stopped. A soft green glow started to encase Elsa and soon grew so thick that Lance wasnt able to touch her. It covered her like a cocoon sealing her inside.

Though Elsa's lips were cracked she spoke softly.

"...Ants... back kommin... I..I......"

It was hard to understand as her vocal abilities were heavily damaged. But it was clear that in sort of self preservation, Elsa was fixing herself. It was strange but not unheard of as the driod that was working on her nodded and walked away muttering..

"Had I been informed of that techincal modification that model could have been up and running days ago."

It left the room as the soft glow that covered Elsa grew into a thick shell and sealed up. Making it impossible to see what was going on inside the cocoon. It was only a matter of time now until Elsa would rewaken repaired by her full body regeneration.

Lance Hawkins

Lance was just about to take a look inside Elsa's head when he noticed that all of her parts started to turn green. He backed up a few inches surprised and startled then she spoke,

"...Ants... back kommin... I..I......"

Lance couldn't understand her gibberish, but he figured it was a reassuring statement. Soon the green glow encased Elsa in a harden shell Lance wanted to touch it, but feared he might interfere with Elsa's recovery process. Instead he leaned close to the shell and whispered,

"Glad to have you back!" With that he turned and limped his way to the next room where Siann went and hovered close to the door to hear what they were talking about.

Elsa Moon

Hours passed and still the green cocoon like matter covered Elsa from head to toe. Once Lance had gone the room as fell silent. A soft humm came from her general area and that was the only sound. It was a complete unknown as to how long it would take for her organs and tissue to regrow. It was a complicated inner working of technogly not yet seen by most humans.

A near by computer started to recieve a signal but its origin was unknown. The screen came to life with riddles of code. Line after line of codes. Numbers inner mixed with symbols all of which had never been seen before. This strange download continued for hours before anyone knew what was going on. A passing driod noticed it and stopped and tried to read some of it, but it fried out its computing skills leaving standing in one place with a blank stare.

"I'll talk to you later Adam," Eva said and cut the signal and turned to look at Siann. "I think I have your uncorrupt authority. The most uncorrupt that we can get."

Thus began their flight off of Planet Kherb 9. Knowing that Lance was up and awake was encouraging, but the slave girls condition was more than a bit disturbing. She didn't mention to her passengers who they were going to see, but she did mention at one point to Lance that he was going to be responsible for Elsa.

Normally Eva would have been very troubled when her ship started getting odd signals from outside sources, but the only thing that really bothered her was her droid seemed to be now out of order. Lance was not responsible for that too if Elsa came back online and her droid wasn't back to it's self.

"Okay kids, we're coming up on our destination. Be on your best behavior."

There he was. Waiting at the dock port, running his hands through his hair. Of all things he's done in his life, from fighting in wars, going in undercover missions (of which he's going to have quite a lot to explain to that boy Lance), to personal missions...

Seeing Eva again, in person, was down right unsettling.

So when her ship had landed and off she stepped from the ramp, Adam was swallowing hard before grinning and walking up to greet them all. He met Eva's eyes with that smile, grinned an apologetic smirk at Lance (he DID owe that boy some money, didn't he?), and then looked on a bit confused at Elsa. ...But it was Siann he seemed the most curious about. ...There was something familiar about that girl...

"Nice to see you again, Eva. And Lance, of course. It's been a long time."

Eva smiled back at Adam, and if her eyes didn't smile, it was because there was a challenge in them. She didn't expect him to except the challenge. After all isn't that how she ended up with his ship and only after everything was said and done realized that he'd won when she was trying to get him to share some of his trouble? Granted, everyone now was starting to hear that 'Longshot' had finally taken an early retirement. It didn't hurt his reputation and did hers good in the places most sane honest people didn't want to tread.

"You already know Lance of course. This is his companion Elsa." Saying anything else would have been unfair to Lance. Eva then put an arm around Siann's shoulder. "This smart girl has a bit of information we'll want to look at soon. Her name is Siann... Acai. Why don't we finish up these introductions at your place though Adam."