Trouble's Legacy: Troubled Florist!

Lance Hawkins

"A mission huh." Lance placed Elsa's arm by her feet and put his hands on the back of his head.

"Well first you can tell me what your doing with a lightsaber. Are you the 'space pirate' in those stories you used to tell me or is that all lies."

Lance wasn't as angry as he was shocked and confused. He looked up to Adam as someone he wanted to be like. Lance didn't have any friends when Adam came along, so to find out that he kept such a big secret he was beginning to wonder if Adam was only using him.

"Just tell me who the hell are you?"

After receiving the contract from Tohrek it didn't take Vantius long to track down the ship that fled the battle on the smuggler's moon that was once Tohrek's base of operations. The bounty hunter was in heavy battle dress with armor plates, pouches for ammo, the works, and carried a compact battle rifle. He wore a all-purpose visor that was heat and night vision equipped and a re-breather mask over his mouth. Ready for anything even for the rumor that a Jedi was involved.

The shaved head bounty hunter approached the house that the locals said belonged to the man that meet the owner of the ship. He walked right up to where the front door should be, and noticed sighs of battle in the main room. He started searching for clues for where his target could have gone with disregard for personal belongings.

It was a bit sad to see that Adam's life could so easily be packed up, but that was who he was. Everything else could eventually be replaced in one fashion or another if he wanted to. Siann and Eva were both in the back room when she heard something near the front of the house. Quickly she knew it wasn't Adam and more over she knew it was trouble.

Placing a finger to her lips she pointed to the window, which quietly opened. She took the bag from Siann and waited for the other girl to climb down, not easy since they were not exactly on the ground floor, then softly, step by step she went to the window backwards. Waiting for Siann to be on the ground, Eva judged it and jumped down, landing in a roll.

Before Siann could ask any questions Eva motioned Siann to follow and was jogging off to the ship.

Elsa Moon

Elsa blinked as Lance set her Arm at her feet. Not sure why he did this she picked it up and turned around and back to trying to fix the fingers on it.

Small sparks flew out as she worked with it. She tired not to listen as the two men talked behind her. It was odd but with most of her organic matter gone she had never seen her insides like this before. She caught her reflection in the large glass window that seperated the cargo bay from an office area.

Stepping toward her reflection she looked into her own eyes and blinked. She could skin and machine. Her inner workings blinked and flickered with mechanical life. Touching her face with her silver finger tips it was like she was seeing herself for the first time.

Stepping back from the mirror her head went to one side and than the other. Blinking she did this for a while as the men spoke.

Vantius Thrall

As Vantius was searching through the main room he thought he heard something out front. He switched his visor to thermal imaging and slowly walked out front with his rifle at the ready. Looking around he saw nothing just the remains of what looked like a dying fire. As he looked closer he noticed a large thermal imprint on the ground and a set of foot prints leading away form the house.

These people obviously heard him and fled the building. Assuming that the target was one of the sets of foot prints he decided to follow them at a hurried walk, but ready for anything.

Adam hesitated a moment. "I am... heh. A Jedi, but I think that's become transparent." He scratched his beard while he tried to put it in to quick words. "This mercenary business is just a cover so I can get around this side of the galaxy with ease. You'll not spill the beans, I'm sure." Adam trusted Lance. He knew a good guy when he met one.

"I would love to explain more about myself, but time has become an issue. Siann was clever to steal Gorren Tohrek's computer, but she's made herself a target for both the Fleet and Tohrek. That damned slaver seems to have his hands reaching all the way in to the government itself. I need you and Elsa to take my ship here. You'll likely be followed, but I know you can out fly anything out there. Once you get to safety, it's imperative that you two do a little spying on some of Tohrek's businesses. We need to know who he deals with and where."

Adam paused, a frown crossing his face as something occurred to him. "About Elsa... She is a bit off for an android. I think... you might want to dig for information about her as well. Eva told me that she was with Siann as one of Tohrek's slaves before she escaped. Perhaps you can find out where she originally came from."

The girls had jogged from Adam's apartment and went down a few city streets, slowing down to not attract trouble as they headed for the space port. Once they were there, though Eva was very much on alert she made a beeline to her ship, one eye always on Siann.

Once they were outside her ship, Eva called out. "Longshot!" She didn't need to say anything else. Adam should know her tone well enough to know it was trouble. Eva made sure that both of them were in the shadow of her ship in case the intruder came to the ship. It would be impossible for him or her to know that they hadn't just walked on board.

"Longshot!" Eva's voice. That warning sound.

"Someone is already following us. Quick!" Adam passed Lance what looked like a palm pilot. It was a datalink with information about the ship, and everything Adam knew about Gorren Tohrek so far. "You'll be able to contact me when you need to and send me information through this. Now, get out of here as fast as possible. I don't know if there's ships waiting to shoot you down or not."

Adam moved quick to the hatch peering outside to see if anyone was there. No one in sight yet. He turned for a moment back at Lance. "Be careful!" Adam jumped out of the ship, quickly rolling in to the shadows of the under belly where Eva and Siann were hiding.

On his feet he dusted himself off. "This isn't boding well..." he said to Eva. Taking Siann by the arm and keeping a watch around them, Adam kept them in the shadows of the ship as he led Eva and Siann away towards the docking warehouses. As long as they remained unseen until Lance and Elsa took off, they should be good!

(This is where Lance & Elsa separate to get information on Gorren and perhaps discover more on Elsa's past! After you guys "take off" you should start a new thread for Lance and Elsa! Adam, Eva & Siann will start a new thread once they leave the planet too. >>; )

"Well there goes my ship," Eva muttered as she followed behind Adam and Siann away from the ship. She had a lot of good memories with it and while she didn't think it was the last she'd see it, it was a bit like leaving home for the last time. It was a sad feeling of future nostalgia.

Taking one last glance, Eva set her sights on the future. The three of them were unnoticed by the few people that were in the space port and shortly there after they had reached the warehouses. There was large overhang above and it was easy to sink into the large doorway on the side. No one would be able to see them unless they wanted to be seen.

"We need to get off the planet too. Even if whoever came into your apartment loses track of us or actually follows Lance, we still have a lot to do." That was the closest that Adam was going to get for an explanation for the moment. Not that there was much more to tell. She didn't risk seeing who it was after all with Siann with her.

Lance Hawkins

As Adam hurriedly passed Lance the hand held, he only hesitated for a second. Quickly he turned around and walked to the cockpit in Elsa's direction,

"Come on, We're leaving! Everyone's going to be counting on us."

Lance said as he rushed to the pilot's seat and fired up the engines. He looked at the hand held computer once more before he took the ship into orbit.

[dot]Vantius Thrall

As Vantius drew closer to the space port his infrared visors became useless. He switched it off and used normal light scanning look for traces of the unknown threats that fled the targets house. He quicken his pace to the space port assuming that they were going to escape on their ship, and just as he came in view of the ship he saw it just taking off. Luckily Vantius placed a tracking beacon on the ship when he arrived and sprinted to his own ship. He was hoping that this job was going to be simple snatch 'n' grab, but now it turned into a chase.[/dot]