Troopers In Armor: Vampire Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brahl continued down the center of the canyon in which he had found himself, eyes carefully sweeping the tops of the looming rocky formations to his east and west. Skittering shadow figures could be seen looking down at him, tracking his progress every so often; only to disappear moments later. Apprehension knotted into a coil in his chest as he processed these creatures strange behavior.. Infected didn't stalk. Did they? Reaching over his shoulder, Brahl pressed the latch release for his weapon holster. With a hiss and a snap, his hunter armor relinquished the binds that held his weapon in place. Well, no matter what was stalking him, if it made one false move; it wouldn't be moving anymore. With a fluid motion, the Deetrit brought the JRIGL into his hands. He firmly wrapped his left hand around the traction grip and hovered his right index finger over the trigger, jamming the stock into the crook of his arm. A tiny click was barely audible as Brahl primed his tool for close range fire. The barrel immediately began to heat up, glowing red-hot as the firing chamber filled with hot slag.

The Deetrit heaved a contented sigh. Nothing made him feel more at ease than when he had a loaded gun in his hands, ready to do his bidding. Around him, the canyon had begun to narrow off a bit, leading towards an intersecting pathway. According to his tracker, his team was a ways down the branching narrow pathway that led to the right. He patched into his wrist comm, delivering an update.

"Brahl to commader Corbin. I'm nearing the choke-hold and am itching to blast some infected back to hell. I'll be at your location shortly, and we can get this party started."

Last edited by a moderator:
Corbin placed her left side against the door, heavily bracing herself for a breech.
"Copy that...soldiers, form up on me. Brahl, when in range, knock this fucking entry hole down!" she said into the microphone, taking her weapon off of safety. She pulled the bolt back halfway to ensure that her roun in the chamber was engaged- and it was.
'showtime...'

He followed behind Corbin silently, itching for some action. As she readied her weapon, Grayson switched his gun off of safety and cocked it. Reading himself, he aimed his gun at the entry hole and waited for Brahl too take it out. "Ready." He said quickly into his headset.

"Copy that...soldiers, form up on me. Brahl, when in range, knock this fucking entry hole down!"

With a roar of excited impatience, Brahl broke into a run, aiming his weapon directly ahead. A sense of claustrophobia passed over him as he charged through the funnel-like passageway. The walls seemed to close in on him as he made his way further along. Shrugging the feeling off, the Deetrit narrowed his eyes into the distance. He could now make out the shapes of his squadron, as well as the hulking shadow of the mining facility. Even in it's vague haze, it gave off an air of dereliction. "Comin' in hot!" The shout rang out within the canyon, echoing loudly. He didn't need to use his communicator at this distance.

Emerging
from the canyon and into the open, Brahl could now clearly see his group, as well as the large door that was impeding them. With a laugh, he plunged his finger down onto his trigger. A thrumming filled the air as the super-heated projectile gathered forcefully into his JRIGL's barrel, spewing little pre-bursts of magma in anticipation. In an almost surreal slow motion, a massive fiery meteor hurtled toward the door, heating the air as it passed. Upon contact, the door spark and fizzled, quickly turning into goo. The force of the blast caused the now gooey door to spray into the building, coating the entryway floor. The sludge cooled almost instantly, forming hardened blotches of metal.

Brahl stood tall as he witnessed his handiwork, nodding with satisfaction. "Access granted, commander."

Last edited by a moderator:
Paza walked up behind the Deerit and gave Brahl a slap on the shoulder with the back of his hand. "Nice shot, big guy. I'll take it from here." He flipped a switch on the top rail of his rifle and the attached flashlight flared to life. His motion tracking device would be useless in the mining rig, but he still had a pair of good eyes. "It'd be pointless for me to move too far ahead in these tight spaces, Commander," Paza said, giving the corridors a scanning sweep with the rifle's light, "I recommend a tight star formation with someone keeping an eye at our backs and another at the ceiling."

The scout took point silently, keeping within everyone's line of sight, but still far enough ahead that he could get an advance warning on any hostiles.

"We have orders to eliminate any organic 'life' in this facility. Paza, negative, we'll use a arrow formation I'll take point, Brahl, you stay in the middle of the formation with Steve. Joe, you take my diagonal left. Grayson, you've got the rear, Zersephine you have the ceiling, fall in frontwards of Grayson and behind Brahl and Steve. Paza you form up on my right diagonal" With that, she entered the building. Her suit had both LLHO (Low Light Holographic Outliner) and TRS (Thermal Recognition Software) equipment, allowing her to see the outlines of anything warm or anything moving in the shadows. As she was walking, there was a gasping like noise that echoed down the hall...it was an infected of some kind- their "groans" sounded like high pitched squels and gasps.
She switched to her LLHO, and there was a loud crunch. She looked down...bone piles were at her feet. Coated in quite fresh blood.
"Either an infected came through here and got it's arm ripped off, or someone lost their arm while trying to escape..." She said, her microphone helmet being the only one turned on now, to eliminate external noise. The holographic screen in front of her shuttered- something just ran forward at the end of the corridor.
'This is eerie....It's like they know we are here...usually they only register the sounds of voices or screams...not explosions or gunshots...that little shit will come out so-'
Her thoughts were cut short as she raised her rifle to shoot at a suddenly horribly and startlingly loud noise. She jumped backwards a good meter after being startled.
Motion detection lights, which turn off when the machines no longer detect movement from the miners who have their badges on, suddenly spurred on. The FF (Friend/Foe) registry grants soldiers access to materials and locations if they have clearance and are on a mission- this meant the mine was semi-recent. At the most, it was three or four years old. Either way, some of the lights apparently still worked.
"Okay...well...shit,that scared me" She said, letting out a held breath.
"I saw movement up ahead, so eyes on" She said making a hand gesture to where her equipment saw something moving pretty fast.

"You got it." Brahl said with a warm tone, moving into the position he was ordered. He held his JRIGL loosely, though his muscles were taut and ready to train his sights on any hostile force that might appear. Softening his footfalls, he activated his visors thermal, following the commander into the eerie silence that surrounded them. Without warning, a blaring sound caused the Deetrit to stiffen, weapon immediately focused on the source. Upon realizing that it was nothing, Brahl laughed, relieved. It seemed that the jump scare had gotten Corbin a bit riled up as well.

"Okay...well...shit,that scared me"

"Got my heart jumpin' as well." Brahl whispered, posture becoming a bit more relaxed. Not entirely though. The Deetrit knew that becoming overly complacent was grounds for a swift death.

"Got it boss." he said quietly watching the rear of the formation. As the mine kicked too life, Grayson tensed up muttering a curse before calming down. Chuckling some, Grayson asked curiously holding his rifle close to his body "Where do y'all think they are? We've been way too loud for them to just ignore us."

((Ack! So sorry I forgot I needed to reply!))

Joe nodded to Corbin's orders but didn't verbally respond, instead simply moving up to take up his position. He was glad she was smart enough not to suggest they split up, seeing as it would probably just get them picked off one by one, but so far it was relatively quiet.

"Perhaps they are smart enough for surveillance," Zersiphine answered Grayson's question, her weapons and attention trained upwards, having to trust the rest of the team to watch lateral directions. "There doesn't seem to be activity in air vents or higher levels. Not that I can detect."

"This place is too quiet," Joe said, shaking his head a little but keeping his attention where it was supposed to be, weapon aimed slightly down at the floor until he needed it, so as not to accidentally shoot anyone. "They could probably stay ahead of or behind us without ever looking - the sound's enough." They were being quiet, and were on internal mics, but their footsteps were impossible not to hear in the silence of the place.

A stalker peeked around the corner, but before it could run away, it's skull matter exploded from it's head and painted the walls.
"Fuck you...." She murmured, moving up and smashing in the creatures neck with her weapons stock to be sure.
"They can hide in the shadows but they can't hide when the lights come on. Knock knock mother fuckers, we are here for you" She murmured, checking the area. There were three routes to go, up some stairs to the crew quarters, to the left which was taped off and barricaded or to the right, where the cafeteria food storage was.
"If you were alive, would you barricade yourself in an area, or barricade something out and hide in a non-functioning freezer or your room?" She asked her team.
"I think we should check the quarters of the miners- though there might be a fuckload of infected there. The freezer might be full of just dead, frozen people or people that didn't escape the infected either. Then there is the barricaded corridors, which seems to be the vast majority of this mining rig; Give me a tactical solution, fast. I want input from a few people before I decide where to go- so far we haven't seen or heard from the less passive and more aggressive infected. Yet."

"Doubt it. These things probably just forgot how to fucking hear." he answered quietly, turning ready to fire hearing the gun shots towards the stalker. Loosening up some, he sighed and kicked the dead stalker in the chest. Looking at the three options he voiced his opinion saying "Well ma'am, we should probably head towards the miner quarters. Our mission is too kill off these infected, so lets start there. If there is a chance at any survivors they'd be in the corridors, behind all those barricades." He paused nodding towards the barricades. "We could split off into two groups. One group look for survivors one way and the other group search the other way."

"I agree with splitting up and covering more ground. We have a fairly balanced team as it is, and I can take a group through the barricades," Paza offered. "We should also try to locate a map or layout of this place. The last thing we want is to get caught by a bunch of infected and not know our way around the place."

Reactions: XxFalloutxX
"Agreed with Paza about the map- not sure about splitting up. If we can get a map that might tell us sizes off locations and such, that would be preferable. If it's cramped in the miners quarters, then only a few of us need to be up there for a speedy exit if need be, same for any of the other rooms here" She said, turning her neck at a 45 degree angle to her left and right side to pop it, though the crunch couldn't be heard through her skin suit and her armor that over layered her body.

Reactions: XxFalloutxX
Zersiphine went stiff at the notion of splitting up, but Joe could only tell because he was watching for it. The way her movements slowed and became just a fraction less smooth and streamlined. When she spoke, though, her voice was clear and steady in his ear. "Perhaps they have gathered in a Mess Hall or common area of some sort. Knowing there's no where to run, survivors will likely find a place to band together. Somewhere large enough to gather themselves, but with few enough entryways so as to be able to defend their refuge. They wouldn't want to be picked off one by one in their quarters."

"And neither do we." Joe cut in. Much as he hated to admit it - "I agree with the Commander. We'd be better off staying together."

Brahl hiked his weapon up onto his shoulder, allowing his left arm to hang at his side. "As long as I get to shoot something, I'm happy." he said simply, shrugging.

"Ma'am" Steve spoke up, he'd been silent the whole mission thus far, but doing his share of the work. "If it's a map you want, it is probable that there is a map within the quarters. At the very least I'm sure there would be a database which I might be able to access if I can find a terminal." He wasn't opposed to the idea of splitting up, but without information he couldn't support the idea either. It would be a judgement call without a map to get an educated guess. Checking on his carbines batter, he continued to stand at the ready.

"Then we can go to the quarters first" She started to advance up the stairs...gun raised and aiming in at a potential head height.
As she advanced, she could see lots of boarded up windows and doors. An infected Zerath beat it's head against the window, trying to attack her- but was locked in it's room instead.

Shrugging, Grayson said "If you say so boss." Following behind silently, he shook his head at the infected Zerath and said a silent prayer, excepting more soon enough.

Zersiphine shuddered a bit as they passed the infected, then stealed herself for whatever came next. "Joe-"

Joe only shook his head, eyes where they should be. "I'm here. Tell me which door we need down, Commander. Zers can take it down from afar, so no one has to go in blind."

Paza stayed a few paces ahead of the team as they advanced up the stairs to the next floor. His keen ears started to hear more chittering and clacking, and not the kind coming from armored troopers. He silently raised a closed fist to signal the others to hold position.

"I think there's an infected pack up ahead," he whispered.

Ahead was a door with a narrow window, but he couldn't see any movement beyond. He couldn't trust that, though, with the limited scope of vision the window allowed. The stairs continued on up to the upper level floors. The chittering and clacking echoed softly, making it difficult to pinpoint where it was coming from.

"Anyone got a grenade?" he asked. "If we're going to scout this floor, our best bet is to draw any infected away from here. I suggest chucking something loud and distracting up a floor or two, bait them over there for a while."

Status
Not open for further replies.