Traversing the Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wyn's smile had been the sun it couldn't have shone any brighter and it seemed that the light that resided inside her beamed out through her green eyes with the purest joy. She half lunged to Danny then, her hand moving behind his neck as she pressed her lips to his with a happy passion before pulling back and simply looking at him for a long moment, completely enamored of the demi-god in that moment. Their children. Their family. Her ears grew wet with tears that would have been completely happy had she let them fall but as it was she merely mouthed a 'thank you' and then smiled, pressing her lips to Mirror's hair as she pulled the child a bit closer.

She hadn't realized in that moment how very much she wanted to be in this little one's life and now that she was going to get to, Wyn found it filled her heart with a great wonder. She pulled back enough to look down into those silver eyes and tapped Mirror's nose, voice soft.

"And what say you, little joy? Would you like to stay with us?"

Attention had gone wide with the onslaught of the elven woman at his side, apparently hearing the very words from his own lips were something the woman had been looking forward too. He nearly fell right off the chair with her lunging at him, but grinned all the more watching her jovial blissful antics. He didn't know why she thanked him - well he did- but she didn't have too. Seeing the happiness that blossomed in her face and in her eyes was beyond anything he could have ever imagined.

Mirror let out a mild squeak as she was swept forward to feel Wyn's lips to her hair, stopping and looking up at the woman to the demi god before she seemed like the realization of being in a family had really taken its toll on her. She wasted very little time to crawl up into Wyn's lap this time, snuggling in and wrapping her arms around the light elf with all the silent words that she couldn't seem to choke past her throat. She wanted to stay with them, they had been nothing but good to her and she wanted nothing more than to continue living in such a thriving environment. "Yes please," she squeaked out, "Momma."

Wyn held the child close as she came into her lap, but stilled completely at that one word. One very simple word. She'd been called 'mother' many, many times by the dragons and they were her children, but there was something...something about having a child, an elven child, call her 'momma' that simply melted her heart right then and there and she smiled, pressing her face into the blond haired head against her chest, the tears actually falling this time.

Momma. She was a momma.

And this was her child. The child of her heart, the child her heart had been silently pleading to call its own and now it had consent to do so and she couldn't have felt more overwhelmed with contentment in that moment. She had her Danny and now she had her Mirror. She had her dragons and her sister and her brother...and now she had a child. There was something that just could not match that and even if she went on to have her own children with Danny, it would not change the fact that this little girl was her first elven child. It didn't matter if she wasn't of her blood.

"My little girl....my little joy....my daughter..." Wyn murmured the words to her, rubbing Mirror's back gently and she simply gave a deep exhale, tilting her head to rest on the half-drow's own, holding her close and giving Danny a look very similar to the one she'd had when he first told her he loved her. Like her heart was fit to bursting and just had to spill out of her eyes because words were not adequate enough.

There was a silence in the room as Mirror stuck with Wyn for the time, Danny and Vision having risen to speak on matters that might have been grave if conducted with different forces. The house was a clean smell of fresh bread, dinner starting to be prepared as Vision had been more than pleased to hear the consent from Wyn and Danny about her niece, even more moved watching the adoptive mother seem to bristle and burst open with the joy a young tot could bring.

Vision shook the box violently in a sort of irritated, childish huff setting it down on the side table with an audible sigh. "This is quite the pickle."

"Not overly the way I would say it but it works." he cuffed back his hair looking out one of the one paned windows with narrowed eyes.

"The only other being I could say that might be able to crack open the seal would be back in the Magi City, but that is quite the walk and honestly that place is dreadful." Danny visibly cringed at the suggestion, "I see you've been there before."

"And fun was had." sarcasm dripped from his tongue causing the woman to chortle in response.

Mirror was watching curious as always, listening and skewing her eyes from her aunt to her new father, puzzling before tilting her chin up to Wyn in wonderment. But she did not ask anything quite yet, at least not pertaining to anything here. "Momma... can we go back outside? I want to go play in the snow."

He was now looking over them both, "Some fresh air wouldn't hurt."

"Let them go my boy, you and I can do some work in their absence that is away from wee ones watchful eyes and all hearing ears."

Wyn had honestly begun to doze a bit in the warmth and smell of the house, content to have her new daughter in her arms, safe and secure. She stirred at the sound of her name - well, her new one anyway - and she blinked down at Mirror, processing those words and then smiling a bit, looking up to Danny for confirmation. Not exactly asking permission but interested about his opinion on the matter. Getting the approval from the demi-god she groaned a bit and scooted the child off her lap. "Well, come on. That snow isn't going to make a snowman by itself."

She was glad Aurora had explained such things to her now as she and Mirror got redressed in their warm attire and then headed out into the crisp air, their breath creating clouds before them. The great expanse of open snow beyond the house was any child's dream and Wyn...well, was very childlike around something new. And snow was definitely new. She laughed just as much as Mirror did as they ran out into the white powder and it wasn't long before they'd started to work together to build the aforementioned snowman.

Soon to join them was a familiar black creature, Kasenu snorting great mist clouds as he landed, not entirely sure he liked the snow as it made him a bit more sluggish, being cold-blooded as he was, but the fire in this belly kept him mobile and regulated. He was more hindering than helpful to their effort, accidentally sending the snowman's head flying at one point with his tail and Wyn threw a snowball that he immediately tried to catch only to have it explode on his face.

Both females went into gales of laughter then and the game of the snowballs was begun.

Rosy cheeks bright stood out like a beacon in the slate of gray clouds above, the tumble of fresh white snow falling from the roost of above as the snowballs began to cease and die down entire; Mirror brushed her clothing off from making a angel on the ground. Watching the large lizard sort of hop and leap through the snow not particularly enthralled with the cold between his leathery toes. The day was beautiful and warming in ways that could not be felt by flesh alone.

It was a bliss unlike no other.

Hopping forward to come running around her mother's backside only to go running out further when she escaped the play; the sound of laughter was something not soon forgot.

But it would be silenced.

Being further away from Wyn as she was coming around to go running back, Mirror came to a sudden halt as the snow began to whirl and spin in front of her face like an intricate dance of ice; the young girl gave out a shriek feeling hands come jumping up from the snow to grab around her body and pull her right into the snow and out of sight.

Wyn had been teasing Kasenu, attempting to throw another handful of snow at him as he danced around, but at the shriek she whirled around, eyes already wide and searching, but her green orbs found nothing. Nothing. No Mirror. No anything. She tried not to panic immediately, running to the last place she'd seen the child, looking around, but there was NOTHING to see. Just a great expanse of snow, the mountains in the distance, the city in the other direction and Mirror would not have been able to get there so fast. The child was just gone and one glance at Kasenu told her that he had no answer either.

Now Wyn started to panic.

"Mirror! Mirror!!" She wanted to run, to search, but she didn't know where to start as she was already sweeping the place with her gift, the child's energy signature no where to be found. Faint residual clung to the air, but it was like she'd vanished out of thin air. "MIRROR!!"

Kasenu looked torn between flying off and getting Danny and staying with her, but Wyn made a frantic gesture to him. "Go! Go get Danny! Now!" The black dragon took off, speeding for the city and Wyn looked around, her chest tight, feeling like crying as she again called for her daughter. "Mirror! Mirror, where are- AH!" The light elf gave her own shriek as the ground seemed to open like a great maw beneath her and she felt hands grasp her legs, pulling her in, the last thing she saw clearly being the gray, overcast sky.

---

Kasenu landed with a thud on Vision's lawn and he simply gave a roar, distress in the undertone, his head jerking around at the distant noise of what sounded like a shout from the plains. Something was wrong. Gods, he shouldn't have left! Black eyes snapped to the demi-god when he emerged. "Mirror's missing. Mother is looking for her." It was all he knew he needed to say as he took off again, knowing the demi-god would follow and might even arrive before he did.

Last edited:
Ears jerked upwards without a question as he came outside without his coat, eyes prickling to land on Kasenu in a panic and that was all he needed to know everything that had been going right, just fell out beneath them.

Leaping off the front step, to go tearing after Kasenu's flying lead; all he could hear was Vision in the background yelling something at him that was nothing more than a jumble of words and fears. Mirror was missing, who the hell or what the hell would take the girl now after she had been alone up in Bastion for an entire year.

Panic formed a hard clutch around his heart, squeezing it tight making it difficult to breath as he followed the path lead by the ebony dragon over head. But the time they arrived, Danny felt the bead of sweat on his brow as heat flushed in his chest from the frantic run, but all he seen was snow, a snow man and many many foot prints and claw prints. "Wyn!" he bellowed out, "Mirror!" the gremlin turned right around in a full circle.

A spark flare in his gaze and the shadow of himself opened wide and large letting out the flurry of bodies without hesitation. "Find them!" Flame engulfed the gremlin elf giving way for him to shift into his full towering demi god vision as the scrael went in all directions. "Where as your mother when you left?"

------

She squirmed and wriggled in the grasp of large gnarled two fingered hands, as they tied her hands and feet together too tight as the small child screamed and bit whenever she could.

"Shut up you insistent cow!" Mirror cringed back as the voice bellowed through the air, "Where's the other light elf?"

"Right here." another voice chimed giving Wyn a hard toss as she had been tied much like Mirror. "Right here boss, right here." the voice was childish at best and excited like a hound waiting for a treat. "Did we do good boss, did we? Did we?"

"Stupid monsters, my papa will-"

"I told you to shut up!" a hand back lashed to strike out slapping into Mirror's cheek as she cried out in pure fright and agony, tears forming as she sucked in her bottom lip. "Stupid little brat, little half breed brat." large black eyes looked down at her as his mouth pulled apart revealing large sharp fangs, "Keep your mouth closed unless you want to be part of my dinner. I only need one elf to make a profit you know. And a half breed is hardly worth my trouble!"

Kasenu looked around in horror, seeing his mother no where and he looked back at Danny with wide eyes, not scared of him, but definitely scared. "Right over there." He moved to the spot, seeing Wyn's prints, smelling her scent, but he stayed back as Danny came over. "She was right here." he insisted, looking around again, trying to understand what had happened. He shouldn't have left her. He shouldn't have left her alone!

The black dragon whimpered, very much a child in that moment, but trying to behave like the noble creature he was, looking back to the demi-god. "Can you sense them at all?"

----

Wyn bit and fought and struggled as she could, but it was for naught as she was tied just as surely as Mirror. She gave a short cry when she was tossed, landing on her shoulder and feeling pain spread through her arm like fire, but it was quickly labeled unimportant in her mind as she looked around, noting the large, horrifying creature that stood before them with widening green eyes. The light elf felt dazed and incredibly confused, but that didn't last long either as Mirror cried out and suddenly Wyn's entire mindset changed. It took only a few seconds for her limber body to fold in such a way that she slipped her arms under her feet and then put her hands up, shooting out a flare of intense light that made the creature that served the black....thing, give a shriek, scrambling back.

The light elf didn't know if she'd hurt the nasty thing or not, but she'd managed to scoot her way over her to her daughter, sitting before her, hands extended threateningly again, the ropes not hindering her power in the least as her eyes glowed blue with anger. "You will not touch her again!" she hissed out and the servant creature crackled and wheezed with laughter.

"Oh, you make boss angry. Angry boss." The thing seemed to bounce in glee and Wyn moved back further toward Mirror, teeth grit as she looked to 'Boss'. "You make her worth your trouble or you're going to find I'm more trouble than I am worth. If you harm her, I won't care what you can do to me, I'll make you suffer for it." Yes, she was offering Mirror as a bargaining chip for her own good behavior, but if it kept the girl alive and unharmed until Danny got here to obliterate them all, it would be worth it.

Watching as the terra mancer went cowering back to escape the light shot out, rubbing its eyes in evident agony; the tall unperturbed creature of dark merely narrowed his blackish eyes upon her. His hand came up as his words came out in a ancient tongue that sounded like a haunting melody that ghosts and ghouls would sing too; Mirror whimpered as she surged back as a massive arcane summoning circle came around the man's feet.

"See what you do, see what you do. Stupid elf, stupid lady." another cackled in pure delight, it's two fingered hands clapping with pure glee. "You in for it now!"

"Silence." his tone was full of iron as chains shot up and out of the summoning circle in a bright purplish light, surging hard and fast to grapple around Wyn's wrists overtop the ropes that formed thick heavy enchanted shackles that bound her the entirety of her magic abilities inside her own body. Using her flesh like a prison and him as the only key to revert the spell. A smirk spread to the vampire's face, "You are pathetic little light elf. A little bolt of light is all you can summon and you think you can threaten me! Well," he took a step forward causing Mirror start whimpering helplessly."You can't do much when you are bound and sealed by darkness wench. You can't hope in hell to combat me when you are far too weak to even summon a spell worth your weight in salt. Should have struck at me when you had a chance!"

Sconces lit up around the room revealing a pale light of a deep underground tunnel, no doors on any of the walls. Nothing but pure solid walls that encased them all inside. Picking a pick of lint off the shoulder of his long red coat, a grin with sharp fangs presented itself to the girls. "You'll behave wench otherwise I'll make good on my promise of feasting upon your daughter's flesh and then yours. But you will merely be a taste here and there, she'll never see the light of day again." his eyes danced devilishly, "Care to test me? I bet I could wring her neck before you could even scream."

Wyn nearly screamed when the dark power wrapped around her wrists, feeling everything in her shrink back from it, exactly what the spell wanted as her own abilities became permanently bound there and the light elf suddenly felt cold, so very cold and scared. Oh, gods. How had she not realized that the one she faced was a vampire? Old terror built in her chest and Wyn struggled to breathe both past her own raw fear and the darkness that encased her, suppressed her, threatened to suffocate her.

She hardly heard his words and knew it wasn't important to anyway. All his kind spoke like their voices were important just to hear the sound of themselves in their own ears. Arrogant bastards. Terrifyingly powerful bastards, too.

Wyn trembled and it was on Mirror's noises of fear that kept her grounded as she stayed close to her child. She looked upon the vampire with utter hatred then, still scared, yes - and rightly so - but no longer the scared little slave she'd been a year ago. No, she was a Valeria, a reborn light elf, a mother to dragons, the Lady of the Hell Lord and above all else, she was a momma to a scared little girl. She wouldn't cower and Wyn's green eyes suddenly gained that edge of steel that had seen her through more than one hellish experience.

"I'm not afraid of a bite, vampire. I've had many. And I know very well what you can do, so no, I won't test you, but you'd better be damn sure you know what you're doing and who's coming after you." Wyn didn't need to know grand spells. She didn't need to fight this creature. She only had to survive him, to keep Mirror from harm and Danny.....oh, her demi-god of horrifying power and hellish fury would do the rest.

"No?" he tilted his head purely comtemplating her words before he smirked, cold and hard, "Oh I know what I am doing you little troll, I know very well. And I know exactly who would be coming after me. I've actually needed some prize bait to bring out the Demi God. He is a hard man to track and what better bait than his mate and his child." a waggling finger, "No, I would gladly welcome his company. But the question is, is he willing to play my game my way."

A snap of his fingers and a scuttling creature came bouncing forward with a skip in it's step, producing the purity beads that had the deep purple heart soul piece that had been stolen from Vision, "Oh but I am forgetting something, something important." tapping a fingertip to his lips, the monster in flesh grinned, "That's right," another snap and another terra mancer came forward holding out the box that had been in Vision's hold not even an hour ago! "Another piece of his heart soul and contained in a box. Well I must say, things will be getting very very interesting."

A whispering word came to his ear as the vampire huffed and straightened is back. "So he brought out his minions to look for them well... now he isn't playing justly fair. But unfair is how things roll," a smirk cruel and wide touched his lips, "Nova!"

The wall towards the south cracked open shedding in a bellow of light giving shape to a shapely woman shrouded in red all so familiar robes that were exactly the same as the acain's; the woman of deep auburn hair came through only to have the wall snap shut again. "I have a lot of information about your demi god." black eyes glittered, "Nova, raise the barrier to conceal our presence. Keep those little shadow beasts away from us and sniffing us out. Let's make the demi god work for his family."

"Of course Lord Talus."

"One more thing," he chuckled darkly, "If anyone, anyone comes across one of those shadow beasts-" his eyes flashed to Wyn, "Torture them, and then kill them in the most brutal way you can think of. The game has begun."

If Wyn had been alone, she probably would have curled up into a ball and cried, such was the sense of despair that came over her in that moment, but she knew she couldn't. No, she had Mirror and her daughter needed her. And that was just the darkness so close right now, trying to infect her, that was saying such things. It was not hopeless! She would not doubt Danny or Kasenu or Roman or Aurora or Kimdris or Ramis or the scrael or even Silivena, and she knew if Danny couldn't find them on his own, he'd get all of them, every single family member and they'd raze the entire world to get her and Mirror back. THAT was the kind of faith she had in Danny and she wouldn't give it up now.

Not ever. What was a vampire mage to the god of hell? What were a whole tribe of mages to the Lord of All Darkness who could suck their souls from their bodies on but a whim? Nothing. They were nothing but a nightmare given life and all nightmares had to meet an end when the sun came up.

The light elf didn't engage the vampire. Let him gloat to his heart's content. He'd soon be dead anyway and then what use would all of his carefully laid plans be? He would have done better to just go on with his horrible life and stay out of the demi-god's. Wyn said nothing of this, though, only focusing her attention on Mirror, knowing that ignoring the pompous, devious, awful male would be the best option. He'd said not to test him, right? Fine, then she wouldn't, not that Wyn thought that was going to protect her. No, there would be more fear, pain to come, but right now she simply focused on Mirror.

Mirror who would help keep her own terror at bay. How could they have the heart pieces?! Had that been an Acain?! Where the hell were they?! Oh, gods, Danny... What the f**k did he mean but a game?! .....No....no, she had to be calm. Calm for Mirror. Calm.

Wyn's bound hands came up, her fingers touching the child's face, green eyes holding her silver ones. "Shh, it will be all right, little joy. Your papa will come and everything will be all right." she whispered to her, meaning it. She'd never lied to Mirror and she wasn't lying now.

Big orange and purple eyes were looking at him with sorrowful worry, for him, for Wyn and Mirror. The news only continued to get worse when he came back to Vision in hopes she might have somewhat of being able to track down the two only to find that she had been attacked and the box of the heart soul piece that Mirror was bound too, stolen as well.

If the world could have shook under his primal aggression and agony, it would have that day.

Flow and Vision walked astride with him, Kasenu high above as the army of scrael had been dispersed far and wide, looking for anything that might tell him where Wyn and Mirror were. It had been nothing but continual disappointment on his part, the scrael - creatures of the shade coming back with nothing. Nothing!

He wasn't stupid enough to know that whomever took his beloved and his child knew what they were doing. They had been plotting and they were hungry to get something from him. If it was the heart soul pieces, he'd gladly give them up but he knew at the time that the one that was sealed in the box... that one was not rightful to give away. Not when it contained the power to destroy Mirror's life in just a blink of an eye.

"You are tired milord." her ethereal voice chimed in his head, Vision's massive body keeping close to his own. "Rest, even for just a moment."

"No."

"Do you expect him to do so when someone has stole our Queen and the young one? How stupid are you Vision."

"Shut your gaping mouth Flow, I am just as worried. But it will not be any benefit if the Lord falls because he has not slept in four days."

"Enough the both of you. I don't have the time nor patience to rest as much as I may need it Vision. Wyn and Mirror are in the hands of someone that is only using them as bargaining chips! I can't wait and stay idle for a moment with them in someone's hands."

-------

"Eat eat!" the mole thing shoved the pasty bowl into her petite hands, "It foul but it num num."

Mirror made a face as the thick juice or soup or whatever it was bubbled and popped with a gas bubble. "Ew."

"Made fresh today, num num." he pointed to her mouth as he opened his own, "Go in here. Eat eat!"

"I don't want it." half tempted to throw it at the ground of the iron wrought cage they had been put in, she didn't. She wanted to go home, she wanted to be with her momma and papa... not here. Not under the glaring eyes of the vampire Talus or the cruel stare of Nova. "You eat it." she pushed the bowl back at the creature whose beady little eyes widened under the goggles on its face.

He took it without question, gobbling it up with a swift toss and grinned as if he had found gold. "Num num." hopping down from their wagon as it rocked back and forth, Mirror scooted forward to grab tight to Wyn's shirt dropping her brow to rest against her.

"He hasn't come yet."

Wyn didn't blame her daughter for refusing the foul meal. She'd done the same with her own despite the pain in her stomach and now she simply wrapped her arms around Mirror, holding her close. One good - if it could be called good - thing about being in the cage was that they didn't have to have their bindings on - how were they going to escape anyway? - and there was a physical barrier between them and everyone else. Not that it would mean much if the vampire decided to use magic, but it was a hollow comfort anyway.

The light elf smoothed Mirror's dirty hair with her equally as dirtied and cold fingers and shushed her softly, mouth close to her ear. "That is because he's still looking, baby. He'll find us, though. I've been captured before and your papa has always found me, saved me. He loves us both very much and he won't stop, nor rest until we are back in his arms. I promise."

Her words were true, not lied, but Wyn was beginning to dread the time it might take for her words to come to pass. The darkness was eating away at her and she was getting tired, so very tired of fighting it, and the fear together. Mirror was her reason for doing so and Wyn now held the child a bit tighter, starting to hum to her, closing her eyes and sending a prayer up that Danny would come across something, anything, soon.

Looking up to Wyn noting her eyes were closed and humming, it did very little to ease or tend to the child's fears. She knew her mother was trying but she was not nearly as childish not to note the look of fright that sometimes touched her mother's green eyes. She understood it and wanted nothing more than to be released.

"What do we have here?" her ears perked crawling out of Wyn's grasp scooting forward to stand up fully in the cage as she could, stretching to her tippy toes curious to know what the vampire was talking about. "Where did you find it?"

Eyes grew big as there laid a bound tight scrael lying across the ground, it's ropes humming with a binding spell that stopped it from shifting into its smoky aspect whimpering helplessly as it's unusual purple eyes were frantically looking around at everyone trying to find a safe face to come across. Smaller than Shade by a bit, it was thin and seemed to be meek in comparison even to that of her scrael.

"It was trailing one of your terra mancers that was stupid enough to go too far onto the surface." Nova responded, "Little female from what it look's like."

"Poor little thing," he chimed in a sickly tone, "You get to send a message to your lord for us." Mirror grabbed the bars of the cage as she seen one of the little mancers waddling forward with a hot rod of iron handing it to the vampire.

"Stop it!" the scrael started to scream, a sound unheard by any before bucking and thrashing helplessly in her binds, Mirror shook the bars in hopes to do something knowing it was useless. "You can't hurt her! Stop it! You're going to kill her, you can't do that. You can't hurt her!"

Dusk let out an ear piercing screech as the vampire grinned darkly, pressing the white hot poker into the side of the creature, Mirror tumbled back covering her ears from the wailing cry only causing the child to smother her face into her knees and wail in turn.

------

"Milord!"

Panic welled in waves around his scrael, his body collapsing as it felt as if his body was trying to pull itself apart with the hellish hot ripping of something stabbing into his very core time and time again, he was never so thankful he wasn't close to a village or a town as his own screams went into the air.

Flow stood defensively over the fallen lord, ready for someone to come crashing out as he writhed in the agony untold and unbound by another; Vision kept her nose close to his horned crown attempting to ease the pain away with no avail.

Who the hell was tormenting one of his scrael! Literally tormenting them and he felt it over and over again!

Wyn felt abject horror run through her as she stood with Mirror and watched the scene unfold, helpless, truly so to do anything about it. She knew this scrael, had been working so hard to get the small thing to trust her when they came together and now she was being mercilessly harmed over and over again...and the worst part was that Wyn knew Danny could feel every moment of it. Tears streamed down her face, teeth grit as she willed herself not to scream, knowing it would do no good and would only give the vampire satisfaction. She couldn't bear to watch anymore, though, her heart breaking inside and she sank down, pulling Mirror to her.

She covered the child's ears with her own hands, curling around the little girl as she wailed and wanting more than anything to do the same.

How could someone do this?! What sick pleasure could they truly get out of being so cruel!?

Wyn held her daughter tightly as the screams of Dusk continued and she sobbed in rage and grief for everything she could not do. When the screaming stopped - who knew how much later - that provided no relief. Dusk was dead now. Requiem had lost his mate and Danny had lost a scrael. There was no vigil of silence, no words of comfort that would make such a thing better. Nothing at all.

Tossing aside the searing hot poker as the scrael was beyond anything of this world or it's own realm, tyr vampire dusted off his hands in disgust. "Pathetic beast," he cursed it was a spat, "Could even handle a little torture. Such a waste."
His inky eyes flew over to the cage with the whimpering child and mother seemingly satisfied with there looks and sour cries. "Keep your eyes firm, I am sure there are more little worms of shadow creatures waiting for there turn at death." he made an impatient wave, "Move out, I want to make it to the ritual grounds before the weeks end."

The wagon came to life under their cage, Mirror catching a slight glimpse of the gutted creature in pure revolt. "He... He killed her." she muttered, "He killed her!" a little louder and Mirror sobbed hard.

------
"Milord you shouldn' be moving," Vision chimed softly as he began to pick himself up, pale and sickly as he felt tyr scraels life come to a agonizing end, Flow hissed angrily.

"Its... a-a.... Vampire." Danny struggled to voice the words, parched and sore, he growled demonically, "There moving underground."

"Milord how do you-" Flow questioned.

A cruel smirk touched his lips, "Dusk... She... She linked it somehow..." his hand went around his stomach with lingering hot pain, panting hard as blood dripped from his nose and mouth alike, Danny cursed. "He'll... He'll regret this."

Last edited:
Wyn had stopped crying, had stopped making any noise at all as she grit her teeth and kept her eyes closed for what felt like forever, trying to find some place of stability, anything really. She was slipping, sliding down an incline she couldn't find any purchase on no matter how she clawed and sought for it. The darkness of the magic around her was gaining more and more ground inside her body, shadowing her heart, reaching with greedy fingers for her spirit and this...had not helped in the least.

The light elf pulled Mirror closer into her, shifting the child so her face was against Wyn's chest, her hand coming to rest over the little girl's ear. "I know. I know, Mirror, but she's not hurting anymore. She's not hurting anymore, baby." was all she could whispered, dry-eyed now, fury and hate rising in her heart. She hated them. Every last one of them and they'd pay. One way or another they'd pay.

She loathed it, though, being so helpless. She could do NOTHING! She couldn't even leave a sign of Danny! She couldn't even comfort her own daughter! If she couldn't even make an effort to get herself, to get them out of this, why should Danny come for her anyway, especially when he was coming into a trap?

No. No! Wyn shook her head, shutting her green eyes again as she recognized the dark whispering for what it was. No. Danny didn't care about that. Love wasn't demanding or selfish, unkind. It was unconditional in your strengths and your weaknesses. And Danny loved her, loved Mirror. He would come. He would come and all of them would survive this. They would, they had to...and she had to keep believing that. No matter how the darkness whispered.

Where the day's started and where they ended, he overly didn't care. All the gremlin knew was that with new diligence and grace; himself, Vision and Flow along with the other many scrael had finally gotten a bit of reprieve in this madness.

"We waited just like you asked." his voice echoed through his skull, all knowing and all seeing eyes of plenty looking carefully over the tied up creature that looked well... it looked like an ugly oversized naked mole rat. And a creature he had only heard were purely rumour sakes. A terra mancer. Bucked teeth, natured fleshed creatures with beady black eyes and thick as wire whiskers that acted more like divining rods than actually whiskers. "Shade acted as injured bait as you requested."

His white irises drew down to Shade who puffed up as much as possible, "I am a great actor." His palm found the scrael's head giving him the attentive appreciation that he was always seeking that seemed only to be approved by Flow in turn as Shade chirped and purred at the touch.

The mancer hissed through his bucked teeth at Vision, "Go away, go away lizard. Go go."

"She's the least of your problems." the demi god warned in cold blood, "You should really worry about what you're going to tell me." his hand opened, the palm turning black almost transparent in the pitch of shadows as the lord reached out to invoke the possession that he had only used a few times. "Let's see what your hiding." the demi god grinned in a primal way letting the fear whip and crack through the air like no tomorrow.

-------

The cage fell to the ground with a hard bump jostling them around as Mirror covered her head with her hands to avoid crashing into the bars, she pulled her messy dirty hair out of her face glaring at the stupid mancers that dropped them to the ground. "Sorry sorry, my fault." one proclaimed as the other's sniggered in evident lies that the mancer told.

Nearing a week since they had been taken, Mirror couldn't understand why they were so needed other than to draw out her father but she had been listening to the vampire speaking with the acian woman. Something about ancient ritual grounds that would combine the two pieces of the heart soul together, breaking the seal of light hopefully but that was hardly his concern, while drawing Danny to the grounds in hopes to pull the already absorbed pieces from his flesh.

It was all a mish mosh pot of information that she didn't understand and she didn't need too, to know it was something horrid.

Talus lifted his hands up in a wide splay looking way up to a smooth almost polished stone at least twelve stories high gleaming in a grayish pale hue that hummed and vibrated in the drizzly sky. "Such a place of beauty no?" he turned to look at Nova who merely shrugged.

"I care not about beauty Talus, I care that you fullfill your end of the bargain. The sooner we combine the pieces of the heart soul, the sooner we lure the demi god and in turn cast him back into the ways of mortals. He is incomplete meaning he can still be turned back into his gremlin form and rendered weak. Then... then we can use the heart soul nearly completed to strike back and snuff out the Earth mother and Ivory Lord."

Status
Not open for further replies.