Traversing the Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyn laughed outright, shooting Danny a look, but mirth evident in her eyes. Unlike him, she wasn't shy about telling someone what she could do and the demi-god had to know that. Poor Danny. Maybe she shouldn't have left him with the over-curious Mirror......nah, he'd been fine. Chuckling still, she looked down at the child and pulled one of her hands away, rearranging the one she did hold now and giving Mirror a quick twirl with a grin, pretending to assess the movement. "Hmm....well...."

Looking down into those wide, begging eyes, she couldn't much make the child wait any longer and nodded, reaching forward to ruffle her hair gently. "Yes, little one. I can teach you, but you have to be patient. It doesn't all come at once." she warned before giving the girl another gentle twirl. "And yes, I can dance like the women with the bells and I can do back flips and front flips and handsprings." She stopped spinning Mirror then, not wanting to make the child too dizzy and tapped her nose.

"No, I've never been in a circus. I liked to jump roofs, though." she informed with a mischievous wink before her head jerked up, a brief roar from Kasenu having sounded through the air. She soon saw why as three or four meerkats came scurrying out of the hole and both the black dragon and the scrael went chasing after them like cats after mice, looking like they were having a blast doing so.

She grinned enjoying the movement with a sway and a laugh only to wrinkle her nose to the tapping, looking up eagerly to Wyn as if she was a saint herself in flesh. It was nice to be welcomed and love and treasured in ways that even her mother never taught her.

Her lips opened to speak to the mother she had adopted too only to stop and turn watching the two creatures of equal ebony go chasing after the smaller creatures. Her ears pulled up slowly before she looked back to Wyn and grinned. "Can you tell me some stories from when you were a kid Wyn later?" she wanted to learn, wanted to grow in ways that she couldn't all huddled away in the mountains and if Wyn was willing to teach her then she would go to it like a hummingbird to nectar. "What else can you do? What else can Danny do, oh oh I'm so curious! I want to learn everything like you both and more!"

Wyn chuckled softly and gathered the small child to her side with one arm, hugging her tightly for a moment before relaxing the grip. "Of course I will tell you stories, Mirror. I would love that." she assured the girl before looking up to watch Kasenu leap over Shade as the two went in opposite direction, the dragon nearly tripping over his own feet as he attempted to turn swiftly after the meerkat he was pursuing. It was a comical sight indeed and she giggled before looking back down at the little girl she was coming to view as a little one she might keep. Wyn understood that Mirror wasn't a dragon, that it would be a bit more complicated than taking care of Kasenu, Kimdris and Ramis had been but if the future allowed, she wouldn't mind doing it.

She was too young to be a mother in elven standards, but not in human ones and and mentally, while Wyn was still young, she WAS an adult. She was mature enough to take care of a child and childish enough to relate to one. It was a good mixture and perhaps she'd be something of a mixture sister and mother to Mirror, but why was that a bad thing?

The light elf sat down to the ground then, pulling Mirror with her and into her lap and into her arms. She tickled her for a moment just to watch her squirm and then brushed her blond hair back affectionately. "Danny and I can do many things. Might you be more specific, oh curious one?"

Being pulled into the woman's lap only to be onslaughted by a spree of tickling fingers creating the rise of panicking jovial need to escape laughter, the half breed snorted when she was released from her rampage.

She knew her mother, loved and missed her dearly of course. That would be an ache not easily if ever remedied, but it was a mite easier in the company of such unusual standards. Image had never been affectionate in the ways Wyn was. Nor as tolerant as Danny was with her either, but her mother was hers. Gone but missed.

Yet she adorned this with the two. The joy of being able to go crawling into a lap, grab a hand and ask questions that were truthfully answered. She loved it already and didn't want to leave it. She was comfortable and happy which should have been odd. Considering Wyn was the love of the demi god of hell. Surely others would disapprove of such joy. But.. Mirror knew that she loved them both already.

Having her hair pushed back, catching sight of Shade having merged back into his great form trotting over to Wyn and herself nuzzling his face gently to her own turning to tug softly on Wyn's hair, the scrael opted to go lay down with the already napping gremlin elf. A giggle came from her lips half tempted by the age of her youth to go jumping on the male but decided for a moment not too. She was far more interested in Wyn anyways.

"Everything!" Mirror proclaimed again, "I want to know everything like you two, I don't know how to be specific when I don't know what you both can do." her hands came up to pull on the sticking up cow lick on her head, "Like just everything. You'e both the first to ever spend this much time with me! I just want to learn about you and Danny, Wyn. Cause... I want to be a family with you both. So I have to learn right," her head tipped, "Right?"

Wyn smiled and reached out to pet Shade even as he started to leave, watching as the black dragon got bored of his chase as well and came loping over to flop down beside the scrael, his tail curling around Shade's smaller form. It was hard to believe the two had not gotten along a few months ago. Their little family truly was strange when one thought about it, noted how many different members they had. A demi-god, a reborn light elf, an ice elf, a gremlin, a drow-light elf, three dragons and innumerable scrael. Yes, they were very odd. A family portrait would be interesting indeed!

The thought warmed Wyn, though, and she looked back to Mirror, honing in on the questions being asked with amusement. Hmm, now she was understanding how Danny must have felt on occasion with her own insatiable curiosity when they'd met. Heck, she was still that way. Poor Danny. Now he had two of them. Tilting her head, ears rising a bit and then lowering again as the child continued, Wyn was slightly startled by the last the last few comments. She looked at Mirror with some surprise and then an overwhelming fondness that softened her eyes and features, her ears going down as she smiled at the little half-blood.

"You already are part of our family, little joy." she whispered to her, moving her hands to cup the small face, green eyes meeting those silver gems with absolute sincerity. "I believe you were ours the moment Danny took that ax from your little hands and you were certainly mine the first time your hand found mine. You need know nothing about us, Mirror and we would still care for you, I promise."

Her thumbs brushed gently over the young child's soft skin affectionately as she smiled more openly. "But yes, Mirror, I will tell you of Danny and I, and I will teach you all I can."

A squint and a moosh of her face in pure delight listening to Wyn encouraging her words and her thoughts in ways that were near foreign to the hermit child, Mirror had to stop herself from bouncing around in pure excitement.

"But I want to know. Cause if I know what's true then people who want to say the wrong accusations, I will know." she had a valid point. As small as she was, she knew that the two adults would easily have many questions thrown at them and many more hurtful unless Mirror understood the truth. At least that was how she felt about it.

Scooting in further into Wyn's lap, watching her with acute fondness that only came from children innocence, Mirror opened her hands wide. "Okay but first I have one question." one ear rose and the other fell in a cockeye expression, "Whose's Aurora?"

Wyn laughed outright at the insistence of the young and she sighed, but looked down fondly to the girl before her ears and brows rose to the one question Mirror had. The light elf groaned slightly, but it wasn't in exasperation or unwillingness, merely in slight protest to the amount of explaining that would need to be done. But she cuddled Mirror close and started in on anything and everything she could tell the young girl.

Danny needed to sleep anyway, which was good because they were going to be here for a while.

----

The city of Tulim was as white and snowy as Mirror had described. That wasn't due to just the snow, though. The buildings themselves seemed to be made of crystal and pale alabaster, glimmering and shining in the sun. The mountains that towered around were representation of walls, giving the city a safe feeling and kept it constantly under the snow, cold and glistening like a diamond. Wyn thought it beautiful, absolutely stunning and she knew Aurora would have loved it. She couldn't wait to tell her sister of it when they next met.

Right now she was glad for the warmer clothes they'd purchased in a passing town, though, as the cold had already hit them as they drew closer, coming down the mountain path to the valley below. Wyn was rather tired of mountains by this point, but she didn't complain of it and she knew Mirror was so very excited to be back in the city. And Danny....well, she knew he was looking forward to those desserts just as much as the child was.

But both adults were a bit focused on the reason they were here, too. The next heart piece and the current one they held in their possession. It was a lingering thought that had them looking at each other over the child's head more than once, but they knew there was little to talk about until they actually met this Vision and saw just what they'd had to do to get the relic from her. Wyn could only pray it wouldn't be so very hard this time.

She didn't really believe it wouldn't be, though.

Pulling the scarf tighter around her smaller frame, clouds of breath forming into the air and Mirror looked impatiently up at him. "Am I ready yet?" she squirmed as he tugged her back when she made the escape only to giggle. "Let's go, come on Danny!"

Tucking the tail into the top of her jacket before cuffing up her collar to shield her rosy face from the cold as much as possible, the gremlin thrived in the cold environment. "You don't want to get a cold missy," he chided her softly, not really meaning it as Mirror lunged forward at his words to wrap her grasp around his neck when he rose up, only taking her with that had her perching on an arm holding fast to him.

"Wyn look! Look! I'm up here!" she announced with a twiddling finger wave from the height, "I'm taller than Wyn now." A smirk came from him as he dropped a tussling hand to Wyn's crown to softly shift her white hair around fondly. He had been reserved in the last bit and a few days, pondering and growing generally wary of coming to meet another Light elf and only to be questioned to why the niece of one of the elves was in his company. But it had already become painfully evident that he was quite possessive of the young child, no more than he would be with Wyn. This was his family and he was defensive over it to the bitter end. It had nothing to do with him being a demi god. That was all himself. Feeling the soft tugging of gloved fingers pulling on his own collar doing exactly what he done with her, Mirror gave him her all so famous wide grin. "No cold for Danny either."

Jostling her in his grasp, catching a mirthful look from a passing elder couple at the scene of them; Danny felt a slight heat in his face as he dropped his gaze to Mirror. "Well little miss, you want to point the way to your aunt's?"

Puffing out her bottom lip turning some to look up, down, left and right before her hand shot out to point down the street. "She lives at the other end of the city. Close to the outskirts that looks out into the open plains of the snow. That way, or..." Mirror tapped her lip, "Or was it that way..."

A snerk came out of him as he dropped his gaze to Wyn, "Maybe Wyn can help you."

"How?"

Stars above they were adorable.

Wyn smiled softly, looking to the two above her affectionately, letting Danny do as he wished to her hair - she'd long, long ago given up stopping him - and catching his hand when it left her head to twine her gloved fingers in his own. As they walked she could not help but think they truly looked like a family. Sure, Wyn might appear a tad too young to have a child as old as Mirror, but how that had come about was their business and no one else's and the light elf didn't much care what others might think or say. The warmth of being with those she loved was enough for the white-haired elf. She didn't need anything else.

Except maybe some height. Every ones was taller than her now! It's something she had to chuckle over, though, rather liking how she nestled into Danny's side so perfectly and honestly not really wanting to change anything about that with a height difference. Besides, she didn't need to be taller to find her way and at Danny's words, she smirked up at Mirror and her green eyes glittered mischievously. "You just watch and see, little joy."

With that, Wyn closed her eyes for a moment, knowing exactly what Danny expected her to do as she tapped into the energy plain and let her eyes open. They glowed blue and flickered here and there, taking in the signatures of the city, noting that it was rather balanced, no overt corruption here and then she extended her power outward, having been practicing, getting better with control and range and Wyn just managed to touch the edge of the city, a bit of a strain that made her wince, eyes narrowing, but searching still. It was probably about five minutes later that she came across the purer signature needed and Wyn gratefully let her power backtrack along the streets until it was back to her own point and she let it go.

Her eyes seeped back to green and she grimaced, bringing her fingers to her temple. "Ow. Stretched a bit too far." She blinked a few times, the world coming back into focus. Wyn looked up to the two waiting then and smiled a bit, pointing in the direction they were to take. "That way."

"Watch what?" she repeated, acute attention switching back to him, to Wyn repeating the process out of overt curiosity silencing when she seen Wyn's eyes turn a shade of vibrant glowing blue. Ears slowly rose stating her wonder at what such a thing meant, Danny held back the chuckle that threatened to come tumble out of his lips.

It took a bit of time and all the while Mirror was deep in focus watching Wyn like a cat would with a mouse playing dead. It was hard, and through and unrelenting only to nudge and move when the woman started to return back to focus.

"What did she do! I am so confused." Mirror pouted as turning to cross her arms around his neck to hold on, "I don't get it. Her eyes turned blue."

Palming Wyn's cheek at first in a sort of way that was him giving her a slight worried chide about her pushing her limits, Danny brought his focus to the young girl. "Wyn can see energies in the air."

"Like a bat!" she proclaimed in glee.

"Bat's use echolocation, big difference." her eyes narrowed wanting to perhaps say otherwise but merely agreed with it. "Wyn is an owl remember." now the girl smirked sniggering in her scarf and nodding. "You aren't ever going to live that down." He began to walk in the direction that Wyn pointed them, letting Mirror out of his grasp eventually that she slipped her hand into Wyn's to keep close out of the demi god's request as he tucked his hands in his over coat. "You're aunt is one of the first light elves, Mirror?"

"Uh huh." she nodded happily, "She was momma's oldest sister. Spectrum was the middle child whose child is Phantasm which is one of the other ladies you will meet. Or we will." Mirror shivered, "She's a mean old grump." now the child was brooding angrily, "I remember her once getting mad because "I was a half drow and calling me a monstrous abomination in front of my papa." Danny lifted his ear turning his attention down to her as there was a dangerous glint in his gaze. "Then she killed him. She's a horrible person."

"Well that won't happen again." he didn't mean for the tone to come slipping out as Mirror brought her gaze up in gobsmacking stare, which had Danny clearing his throat and pretending as if nothing happened.

Wyn gave Danny a reassuring look, a silent message that she was fine before Mirror's comparison of her abilities to a bat made her snort under her breath, shaking her head and then elbowing Danny slightly at his owl comment. Oh, he was right, she was never going to live that one down, but he didn't have to mention it all the time, the brat! She took Mirror's hand securely as they walked, sure to pull the girl out of the way of other people when her curiosity got to be too much of a distraction without disrupting Mirror's interest in the world around her.

Her own ears rose to Danny's question, though, while she looked around, the edge of her irises glowing blue just to make sure they were following the right path, she followed her own power-trail, often giving a nod down a street so Danny would know which way to turn. She listened to Mirror all the while and looked down at the little girl in shock at hearing what had happened to her father. What?! Wyn closed her eyes for just a moment, teeth clenched before she opened them again and forced a deep exhale, her eyes meeting Danny's briefly, anger in the depths of her own green hues.

Monsters indeed.

She wrapped her arm around Mirror gently and she said nothing, not sure what one could say to that, unsure how the girl had felt about her father, but offering the comfort, the warmth nonetheless.

At least that question was answered, even if the answer was a horrible one. Such a thought wasn't a soothing one, though, and Wyn looked ahead to where they were going, nearly at the end of the town now and she couldn't help but want to turn right back around and leave. These light elves were not people she wanted to be meeting anymore, but she knew that Danny needed to and she needed to be with him. So the white-haired elf remained quiet on the matter, but wary of it.

Last edited:
These light elves just purely astonished him beyond any sort of belief or understanding. They were stated to be women that served that of the light yet every time he heard something about them, they seemed to be far worse than any sort of valiant servant. Not even fit to be a servant to the dark either as far as he was concerned. Perhaps Talograth would have thought differently, all Danny knew was he was more than determined to plant half of these woman underground. And three of them were already there!

As they made their way through the street ways towards a cozy two level abode with a thick bellow of smoke coming out of the chimney; Mirror escaped her hand away from Wyn's to go running up to the door, her arms flailing out as she slipped on some ice, stopped and managed to get her balance at the expense of his own heart at the sight. Exhaling softly, his gaze turning hard and malicious looking at the home of the light elf fully sensing the strong aura inside without even trying - Danny knew this woman would be the strongest light elf they had come across yet. And that made a hard stone form in his stomach. This woman was a part of Mirror's family... and he had destroyed already two women from her tree... would he be able to do that again if need be?

His eyes dropped to Mirror as she came running back reaching up to grab onto his hand and Wyn's with her other and the idea formed in his mind. Yes he would. If it meant protecting Wyn and Mirror, he'd have no second thoughts destroying anyone that stood in his path.

So letting the young elf pull them forward, Danny turned into his rigid self coming forward to the doors ready for anything.

Well almost anything.

The door swung open as if hell itself was trying to escape out, a girthy round short woman of white hair and golden eyes, thick frames on the edge of her nose came waddling out, her chubby hands outstretching with a jolly smile on her face. "Mirror darling!" Danny took a step back when the woman came forward not even seeming to notice him or Wyn to engulf Mirror in her arms, "Oh my jelly bean, I thought I sensed your presence earlier. Oh Auntie has missed you something terribly, you lovely little munchkin you!" Mirror giggled and protested as her face was dotted with kisses though Danny pinned his ears back when he watched those eyes scroll up, her hands releasing Mirror and pushing her glasses up so she could look him up and down. Then did the same to Wyn. Smacking her lips, the elder elf - easily beyond the years of at least eight hundred- came forward to size them both up further. "Friends of Mirror?"

"Auntie, that's Wyn and Danny! They adopted me into their care, since momma died."

"Oh my sweet tot," a pat to her cheek and Vision opened her hands to eagerly pat a hand to Wyn's shoulder and his arm that she could reach. "Such good people you both are, taking care of my jelly bean. Come come, I've been expecting the Demi god and his lady for some time now. The white chocolate cookies I baked won't keep forever. Mirror darling, maybe you can sprinkle the white sugar on top of them while your new momma and papa come in." There was a perplexed look on his face that looked as if he seen a ghost, causing Mirror to grin, giggle and go running inside the house. "Come darling boy, and sweet girl we are letting the heat out." Vision was fully welcoming and there was not even the minor sense of her being tainted or malicious in any way. She grinned waddling her way inside as Danny turned to look at Wyn.

"What the hell just happened?"

"Danny come on! You have to see all the food!" Mirror bellowed.

"Food?" damnit even the light elves knew him too well!

To say Wyn was startled would be an understatement. To say she was growing rather pleased with the turn of events would have been one as well as a grin spread across her face as she watched the light elf waddle away. Well. That was new! She looked up to Danny, noting the expression on his face and bit her inner lip hard against a giggle that utterly failed when he repeated that one word. Outright laughter, soft but very present escaped then and she moved into him, rising up to place a kiss to his lips, words whispered for just them. "Don't question, love. Just enjoy the slack the universe has cut us for this precious moment." she advised before slipping from his grasp and into the warm house.

Wyn shed her scarf and coat then along with her gloves, hanging them up before she moved into the kitchen where Mirror was, looking around at the house as she went. There was no evil here, nothing but a calm sense of peace, of warmth that she reveled in, her light power rather interested in its surroundings. This was...as it should be. Vision was as a light elf should be and the feeling of it was wondrous to Wyn who had longed to meet a member of her new race that was everything they were supposed to be rumored as.

She approached the little girl who'd slipped her way into her heart and stood behind Mirror, smiling to see her small fingers hard to work on the cookies. That hadn't taken long. Her green eyes moved to Vision then, giving the other elf a friendly smile, wondering on her words about them being Mirror's new momma and papa. Was it that obvious? Hmm....yes, she supposed it was.

Wyn's hand moved to run down Mirror's hair gently before she left the girl to her work and instead moved to where Danny had gotten to, not wanting to miss the conversation.

A few shakes of his head trying to register what happened all in the span of a few minutes, maybe even less as he felt Wyn's lips to his own seemingly pulling him back into the unusual realm of reality; the gremlin eyed her suspiciously to how she was accepting this so easily. He was by no doubt's ungrateful for it, but it was strange. Weird. Unusual and it perturbed a sense of his body in a way that he was unfamiliar with.

Yet he had been enticed easily as he shut the door behind his frame and looked around the quaint and cozy abode. Knick kacks as far as the eye could see, knitting loosely folded over a rocking chair that a fluffy white and black cat had taken up residence in.

Vision smiled just as sweetly back to Wyn without question, giving Mirror the sifter to put the white sugar on the fresh goodies, the portly elder came around to scoot the cat off her chair. "Sit sit milord, the chairs do not bite and neither do I."

"Part of the reason I am having a hard time digesting all this. I am not accustom to friendly light elves." He opened his jacket but seemed hesitant to remove it.

"No and that does not surprise me. Oh my kin is such a bunch of overzealous prudes. Mean and nasty to the core, but that comes with power. It corrupts those who are weak. Surely you understand that my boy." Boy? He hadn't been called a boy since he was one and it had a odd ring to it. But in truth, he was nothing less than a child to Vision. Chubby fingers picked up her knitting needles as she began to rock again, the cat meowing before finding his way up onto the couch to lay there instead. "Are you hungry? Thirsty, please help yourselves. My home is your home."

Danny blinked taken back as he knitted his brows to the older woman. "Why are you-"

"My boy, my boy." she chuckled, "I am old and I have no need to rival against a spritely young man such as yourself, even less when the man in my house is a god. Plus, I have no quarrel with you. You are nothing more than a being like myself merely coming to retrieve what is his. I have no right to stand in your way." her glasses went to the end of her nose as she looked up to Wyn, "I'm sorry my dear, are you hungry? Come come sit sit. You are the one that was reborn, i've heard through the grape vine. Such a commotion you have made in my nieces wake. They are quite upset at you, but what do they know. Nothing that is what."

Mirror was giggling as Vision wiggled a needle at them at such a spiel. "Auntie, I can't give Danny the heart soul piece that momma had. She tethered it shut to my life spirit."

The elder woman looked up as her brows knitted, "Such a stupid woman your mother was! Oh that damn witch, why if she had been put in the grave already, i'd see it fit that I put her there myself." she held no reservation to curse Image and Mirror merely blinked at her. Turning to lean over the arm of her chair, Vision huffed. "You brought the box, right?"

"Yes Auntie."

"Good." she nodded shortly, "My sister was always brash and unthoughtful, but there are always, ways of breaking seals like that without putting wee ones in danger. That is your wish is it not my boy?"

Danny blinked as he sat down finally, "Uh yes."

"Such a nice fellow you are." she grinned. "Such a nice fellow indeed."

Wyn shook her head to the question of her state of hunger and she moved instead to Danny as he continued to stand, pulling his jacket from his shoulders and down his arms without a word, putting the thing over the arm of a chair and then moving back to him and pointing him to a seat with a smile and a look that told him to relax as she took position beside him and curled into his side, continuing to listen quite calmly.

She didn't know what it was about this place, but her powers, all of them, liked it here. It was welcoming, filled with light and yet not overwhelmingly holy. It was safety and warmth and joy. It was something that was as clear to her as the noonday sun on a clear day and Wyn settled into it without hesitation, instinct telling her that it was perfectly fine to do so, that she could trust Vision without question. She was just as pure as little Mirror was and that was fact. She wasn't going to press Danny to feel the same, though. She was just going to show him with her own calm nature and actions that it was fine here. Such is what animals in a pack structure did and while they were not animals, sometimes it worked for sentient beings, too, when words would not.

Wyn smiled softly at Mirror, rather hoping the words about her mother had not upset her, but not disagreeing with them. And she really didn't care what commotion she might have caused with the light elves. Perhaps they should start doing what was right and they'd be less bothered by her. And on the topic of doing the right thing, she looked back to Vision, questioning. "Do you happen to know how to take the seal off or anyone who does?"

She knew well enough by now not to assume that the person they spoke to knew how to do what they needed.

He had half a mind to swat Wyn away but he knew she was trying to settle his mind though that was hard to do. There hadn't been a time they were confronted by an honest and genuine light elf yet, so he had room to be wary. But he followed her lead easily listening to Vision with rapt attention that sparked to Mirror who didn't really seem to understand the words that her aunt projected at her mother. That was easily for the best.

The woman's golden eyes peeked up through her glasses at Wyn. Folding her knitting across her lap the elder woman shook her head. "I wish I did honey, but I don't. Much like every one in the world, we light elves all have different talents we flourish in. Image was a barrier creator. Only she would know how to remove it, or alter it. But as you can see, she took that to the grave only to endanger her daughter. Such a callous-" she blistered at the mere thought, "Such stupidity is beyond me."

"That's where I can agree."

She leaned forward looking at them both carefully, "What are your plans then children? With my niece? Sorry to be so pushy and forward but I care a great deal about her you know. I want to make sure she is safe of course. But I will help you with the heart soul piece. That much I can say."

Danny narrowed an eye, "What about the piece you hold?"

Needles clicked together as she was knitting, "Oh that, it was stolen about three weeks ago. Imagine that." The woman just said what! What so calmly!!

"WHAT!"

Wyn resisted the urge to sigh at the news that Vision could not help them as much as they would have liked and she kept her head tucked down, expression thoughtful. So it was a guessing game at this point? Mirror didn't know the answer, Vision didn't, nor Tharulin or Cruyulina. So how were they to figure this out? Wait until Mirror died of old age? Wyn would do that long before the little one would and Danny...would it matter to him to be the completed demi-god of hell if everyone he loved was dead first? Wyn knew it wouldn't.

No, there had to be another way to do this. Another way to- wait...what?!

Catching that last of what Vision was saying - the rest was in her head, too, but she'd have to concentrate and look back on it; something about Mirror and what they were planning for her - Wyn's head jerked up and she stared alongside her other half, just as surprised. Stolen? Stolen! Wait...what?! Green eyes shot to Danny and then back at Vision, ears rising even as her brows did, sitting forward a bit as her head tilted and her brows suddenly furrowed, trying to make sense of that simple statement.

"Do...did you....do you happen to know...or see who took it?"

Sliding into the spot he sat in slinking down putting a hand to his brow in deeper consideration that he usually did - that said something- Vision clicked her tongue softly at their reactions. "Children children, you fret over so little. The worst the thieves could do is sell the piece. But my boy, they can't use your heart soul piece. Unless they want to be corrupted by the power contained, but as far as they know, they just took some of my jewelry."

"What do you mean jewelry, Auntie?" Mirror came walking up as she scrambled up onto the couch and into his lap which forced the demi god to lift his hand up to look at her.

Chuckling softly at Mirror as the small girl took the moment to snuggle into the demi god, giving a concerned look to Wyn as well while her Aunt thought on the matter at hand.

"I bought some purity beads years and years ago. Thread the heart soul piece to the beads to keep it contained and it looked like a really pretty necklace. Gaudy by all sin, but pretty either way." Danny huffed at the entire thing but was surprisingly calmer about it than he had been in the past. Listening to his heart beat with her own ear pressed to his chest, Mirror was watching her hands thoughtfully. "They broke into my house while I was out at the market. Threw things all over the place, awful mess it was. But they stole anything the thought of value, the piece happened to be with it all. Greedy little bandits."

"Why can't things just be easy?" Mirror scrolled her chin upwards to look at him with those great big silver eyes that looked like she wanted nothing more than to have a way to fix it, Danny offered a softer smile back to her gently tussling her golden hair. "It'll be alright, just a bit frustrating."

"I still... feel bad about it. It's my family that is making it hard-"

Danny straightened up pulling the small girl along with forcing her to sit up in his lap, "Now don't go blaming yourself, cause that isn't going to make a difference." Mirror's eyes grew wider, "Things happen and we keep moving on." another soft tussle to her hair, "It doesn't matter what family line you come from, and it doesn't matter what they do. All that matters for you is what you do Mirror. Nothing more and nothing less."

Sucking in her bottom lip, Mirror flung forward to cling to the demi god that had the elder light elf chuckling.

"Well I never thought I'd ever see a compassionate God of Hell. You are truly impressive." Vision lifted her gaze, "Where is the box with the piece my jelly bean? I will look at it and maybe I can decipher something about it. Something that might give you a clue."

Nodding absently, Mirror slipped down to go trotting towards her coat and small pack at the door. It gave Danny a moment to lean forward clasping his hands between his knees. "What would a heart piece do to someone who is fully corrupt?"

"Why, it would make them a real monster. You know how it grants you your lost abilities;" Danny nodded, "It would make the person who is corrupt into a living breathing giant demon. The pieces can only be absorbed by you, otherwise they make nightmares real. It grants them power tenfold and they become a living incarnation of hell itself. It does the same for you my dear, just you haven't mastered you abilities all yet. There is difference."

Mirror came trotting over with the glowing silver yellow box to hold it out to Vision. Setting her knitting in her lap and pushing her glasses up all the way on her nose, the old woman hummed and awed. "Oh some of her finest work." Golden eyes peered back, "You have not answered my first question about Mirror. If you two will not take care of her, I will have my precious dot with me."

Wyn really had nothing to say to the whole situation as of yet, letting Danny talk about it as he was far better about this than she was and it was his heart piece. She gave Mirror a soft smile when the girl looked over, but she rather agreed with Danny's lamentation about things being easy or the lack thereof. His words to Mirror were correct, though, and though the young light elf lifted a hand to rub at her temple - it still hurt a bit from the overexertion of power - she said nothing. A smile did touch her lips at Vision's compliment to Danny, however. At least someone was recognizing it!

Her eyes came up, narrowing, frowning at the information provided about someone corrupt getting a hold of the heart piece, but she tried not to let her mind wander too far down that road. Not yet. There were troubles to deal with now and troubles yet to come and it was no good borrowing tomorrow's worries. Today had enough of its own. Like that little box in Vision's hands. Wyn gave it a loathing kind of look, but the expression immediately melted away at the older light elf's reminder of her question and Wyn reached for Mirror immediately, pulling the child gently to her and into her arms.

"We will care for her." The words came out without hesitation, firmly and then Wyn looked to Danny, part questioning, part pleading. She knew he had a lot to worry about, a lot to think on, a lot to do and she probably should not have said what she did without speaking to him, but she couldn't help herself.

He hadn't really thought about Mirror coming along but then again he hadn't thought about not having the child with them either. Traveling from the Bastion had given them three or so weeks with each other and honestly.... the demi god was quite happy where he was with the two girls. The love of his life and the wild yet adoring little girl. How was he suppose to ever think of something other than what it had been.

Wyn's response seemed to surprise him and Mirror alike, for different reasons. He was more shocked by the sudden proclaim from Wyn without any thought or hesitation while Mirror was evidently surprised by the welcoming statement that had just put her in the comfort of their grasps.

His gaze narrowed into a hooded look as those all so famous all so green loving beautiful green eyes came looking to him for an answer that he could see she was pleading him for. A smirk, his eyes closed before opening slowly to address firmly, protectively to Vision. "There was no need to ask such a question cause it was never up for discussion. Mirror is as much a part of mine and Wyn's family as our other children are." There was a first.

Status
Not open for further replies.