Traveling through Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Because you were with me. You got caught in my time warp." Zack said thoughtfully. "Time around me hadnt settled when I bumped into you. You were in the warp when the world was changing. You apparently you still exist in this time. Do I?" He wondered if he was dead or alive in this time. If he was alive in this time he needed to because not to bump into himself. That would cause a ripple that might not be able to be fixed. He didnt want to change anymore.

Sean looked over Zack up and down. "Yes, you're still exist Zack. Don't worry about it." He looked back to his screen and then not-so politely move Zack out of the way to sit in front of his laptop. He typed Zack's name and waited. "Wait, if you think so ... if I was away from you later in the future .. do you think I might think Logan never died as well?" He looked at the search result and shook his head. "Nope, you're still noted as missing." He give himself a pause. "If you ever went out of this apartment, and the world know about you .. what do you think will happen to you?"

"If you had been a minute or more later you would believe what the rest of the world believes. You would think that Logan has always been alive." Zack explained. He ran his hand through his hair. "Still missing doesnt tell us if I am alive, dead, or simply dont exist in this time. I will have to be careful. No one in this time can know about me. It is dangerous enough that you know. We cant risk changing anything else. It's too dangerous. The more the we change the harder it will be to fix things."

Sean put his forehead on his desk, trying to make himself to think about the possibilities. He never been one for doing the calculation because number often confuse him. He hit the desk repeatedly with his forehead, recalling the events and the possibilities of what will happen in future. Most maybe doesn't count anymore as he realized that with Logan alive, that alone already change a lot of aspects. That time machine of Zack is really dangerous, what will happen if someone use it for bad intentions? The change that Logan alive was happened a few years ago. What if .. what if the one that changed was from a few centuries ago? Then .. maybe he won't exist this time. Will he disappear? He tried to push that thought aside and think back to the possibilities.
Be more careful ... stay unknown ... can't go outside ... Sean suddenly groaned out loud at the realization with what going to happen from now on.

Zack watched Sean curiously. He had never seen a person bash their head like that. He doubted that was a good thing. He didn't know how to help the younger man. "I didn't mean for all this to happen. Its just that scientist have been trying to prove time travel since Einstein. I thought if I could do it I could see my mother and finally bet Logan. Nothing he could make would beat that." He explained. It seemed silly now. But at the time it had made sense atleast to him it had.

Sean glanced up to the man who seemed didn't even realize what kind of problem Sean have to face from now on. He just rolled his eyes at his explanation and continue to bash his head, it kinda helped him to think. If Zack have stay unknown, then from where he could make his own money to make another time machine? And when he have group come over, where he should hide Zack? Then if he can't get out then he have to stay in his apartment, then he have to buy extra bed things for Zack and then bathroom things as well as clothes. Great.

"I have some money. You said I could sale that. If it sells as well as you say it should that should be enough to build another time machine." Zack told him. He just wasn't sure that he should. It might cause more problems then it solved. But he didn't know what else to do. Staying here could cause problems. He ran his hands through his hair. He was at a loss what to do. Anything he did could make things worse. He didn't want to make things worse.

"Well, if you're money was quite ancient then it might sell for such a good amount. But even a small rip would decrease the price. Let me see your 'money'." Sean stopped his head-bashing for a while as he spoke. He put his hand on the table, palm up to accept the money. If the money was like what he thought, then maybe the price would decrease in a half. Oh man, his mother would throw a fit once she know Zack's here. He guess they would need some rule to control the possibilities of what might happen.

Zack nodded. He reached into hs pocket and pulled out his wallet. He should have packed a suitcase. But he hand thought of that but he had but five thousand dollars into his wallet. Which was a crazy amount to carry around but he wanted to be prepared for almost anything. He figured that five thousand would be enough no matter what time period he was in. He carefully handed Sean the bills he had. Some where wrinkled. But most were in good condition. A few were even newly printed. "Here. I hope this will help you."

Sean pulled his hand down slowly after he accepted the paper money. He checked the amount one by one before his eyes widened as he looked up at Zack. "Holy shit! You carry this damn much money around? Didn't you get worried if someone robbed you?" He asked rather quickly. "Well, if we managed to sell these, you could get around ten thousand so I don't think you need to worry about anything for one or two months. Oh well." He put the money into the safe-deposit box and locked it. He looked to Zack and sighed. "Come here."

Zack shrugged uneasily. "I never really thought about being robbed." He told Sean honestly. He didn't look like someone who would carry that much money on him so it hadn't really concerned him to carry it with him. It wasn't like he was hurting for money. His inventions had left him with a hefty some of money. He could have easily replaced that amount. He got up and went toSean. "Yes?"

Sean facepalmed, this man never cease to amaze him. Start from how they meet to how he handle his money. Man, is there any more surprise hidden in that sleeves of his? "I'll teach you how to open the box." He took Zack's wrist and guided his palm to the surface of the box. "Remember where I placed your hand. The box won't open unless you place your hand exactly where you registered it. Now stay still." Sean ordered as he registered Zack's signature to the passwords list.

Zack nodded. He memorize the location of the hand print. He wanted to do get it right. He could tell that he had frustrated the younger man. He tended to do that to people. His mind didn't work the same thing way other peoples did. It was why he was such a loner. He had a hard time interacting with the world and they had a hard time understanding him. "I will remember that."

Sean nodded in satisfaction and released Zack's wrist as the machine finished reading and registering Zack's hand-prints. "Good. Alright now, are you hungry?" he asked as he stood up and walked down to the kitchen. He actually already late for his part-time job but that doesn't matter, he wasn't that important anyway. He will stay home tonight and discuss their further living arrangements.

(I cant see your words again.)

Zack nodded. "I am starving. I honestly can't remember when I eat last." he told the younger man. Which was true. He never paid attention to such details. He ate when he remembered. Which wasn't often. Something clear by his lean figure. His stomach rumbled at the mear thought of the food. "I could help you in the kitchen. " he offered. He had helped his mother in the kitchen when he was younger. Of course it had been a long time ago. But he would do his best to help Sean. He wanted to make for the trouble he had caused. He figured it was the least he could do.

((How about now?))

Sean shook his head in disbelief as he facepalmed and slowly walked to the kitchen, silent agreement for Zack to help him cook. "Chicken Alfredo is fine with you?" he asked as he prepared the tools. He laid out the knives, pans and he picked the ingredients from the shelves below the stove and counter. "And what would you like for the drink? Any favorites?" he inquired as he walked to the refrigerator and put out other ingredients before laid it out on the table too.

(much better apparently white isn't our friend.)

"Im not picky chicken alfredo sounds good."Zack answered honestly. He rarely got a chance to have someone cook for him. He usually microwaved or ate out when he remembered to eat at all. He was terrible absent minded. It was how he dealt with life. Focusing on science allowed him not to feel or think. He didn't want to feel the loneliness of his life or remember the past.especially hs mother and her death. He purposely like his mid drift and wander so that he didn't have to think or feel. If he focus on the world too long the loneliness and sadness always came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.