Trapped in Hell

"I'm used to being around weird people. Trust me, it's nothing new."

Drake tilted his head. "So you've had these powers for a long time?"

"I've had them since before I ever turned into a..." Shudder. "Bloodsucker." She didn't want to remember the night she was forced to turn.

"Not really. It wasn't pleasant at all. I'm still looking for the person that did this to me. I have yet to find him." She sighed and then blinked. "I shouldn't be thinking about this sort of stuff. It's depressing, and it makes me want to sleep in a sewer for weeks."

"I'm sure there are much better places to sleep then sewers." It took him a moment to realize what he just said. I just can't keep quiet sometimes.

"There is. But sewers are safest for someone who's a vampire and a shape-shifter. I tend to have people more afraid of me." She sighed. "If people weren't so scared of me, I might actually be able to sleep above the surface."

"I have a tendency to impulsively kill people. They know my face by now." She flinched at the thought.

"...Why not make a new name for yourself then? If we help people who are in trouble, or take care of those who are causing trouble, people will think of us as protectors instead of the enemies."

"That's not how people are. When they are scared of something, even when you help them, that doesn't change their feelings." She said this bitterly, as she knew this better than anyone.

Drake sighed. "What else would we do? Stand by and watch as innocent people die on the streets? Let gangs run loss, killing and looting? I dont know how much you care, but I cant let this just happen!"

"There's not really anything you can do!" She was on the verge of punching the wall near her because she was so upset. "There's nothing we can do! all we can do is sit around and watch everything that happens."

"And when the city crumbles around us, what then? When they start killing freaks on sight, when the gangs take over the town, when Sol takes power, WHAT THEN!?"

"Then I guess we die!" She looked tired and frustrated. "It's not like we can do anything anyways! They all hate us! Maybe they should be the ones getting hunted down and killed." She was becoming desperate, and was beginning to think that the normal people, those humans, didn't deserve to live if all they were going to do was torture them.

"Do you know what it's like to be powerless?" He asked. "Do you know what it's like to be trapped here with nothing between you and the gangs, the muggers, the murderers? Nothing to defend yourself with? No weapons, no guns, no powers? No food, no home... no family?"

"I used to! Until my powers suddenly manifested and I was Turned!" Luna growled. "Then everything got confusing and I felt lost and I went around killing people."

"You know these people deserve better. I don't know why all this has happened, but no one should have to live like this."

"And they shouldn't be able to judge us." She growled. "I've had to look out for myself for a long time. And I shouldn't have to worry about those that absolutely hate me." Hatred and bitterness leaked into her voice.

Drake was losing his patience. "If you don't care about the people. Fine. Care about those who are causing the problems. This 'Reaper' gang could be a problem for us and everyone. It's a place to start..."