TRAPPED - a GONE role play (Bramble and Beel)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Under her breath, Kathy was muttering some very choice words about Amanda, but she was shaken and therefore temporarily out of sarcasm and snarky remarks. She sat heavily on the floor, leaning against the wall, and fell silent.

"I guess we just have to walk and pray we either get there or somebody finds us on the way." It wasn't attractive, but Rosie wasn't keen on just hanging around.

"Come on, not just that," He laughed, but didn't elaborate, as though he felt that was already too much.

"Well," Robbie began. "That's one way to shut her up."
"Kathy, go clean yourself up. You can come back later," Wade ordered.

"Yeah," Ella admitted but she was looking back at the road. "I don't see him.."

Alexa smiled but a little more awkwardly. "We should go," she said, ruffling her hair with one hand.

"Gee, thanks," Kathy growled, pulling herself to her feet and almost stumbling out of the room, being sure to shove the person closest to the door just to emphasise how pissed she was.

"I just can't think of any possible explanation.."

"Yeah, the others will be wondering what happened," He nodded, looking at his shoes.

Ronan got the short stick, being too close to the door he was the one Kathy shoved out the way.
"Now would be a good time to explain to all those who don't know that Amanda has the ability to create illusions that seem very really as Kathy has just found out," Wade explained, leaning against the teachers desk like he was in fact the teacher..

"Neither can I," Ella admitted solemnly.

"Yeah," Alexa agreed tucking a lock of hair behind her ear as she shut the wardrobe doors close.

(Poor Ronan. xD)
There were a few nervous glances, one or two who seemed to already know, but most just seemed mildly interested and a little uneasy, naturally.

"We might as well walk and talk."

He smiled faintly and left the room without another word, afraid he was making her uncomfortable.

"I think the best way for us to move forward is to each show what we can do," Wade continued, folding his arms across his chest.

Ella nodded, as she began walking. The sun was getting rather low. It probably wasn't a good idea to just be hanging around.

Alexa watched him as he left the room. Her cheeks flushed red again once he'd left and she felt herself cup them as though to hide them from the invisible man. She let herself breath for a moment then followed Lupus out of the room.

A few people demonstrated their abilities, and then it came to Lotta. At first, she hesitated- the boy in the hallway had freaked out, what if they did too? Then again, Amanda had almost made Kathy claw her own eye out and people had barely flinched, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
"Well, it starts off like this," She murmured, more to herself as the ice and frost began to appear on her hand and forearm, "Then it spreads to whatever and whoever I'm touching," She demonstrated by laying her palm on the table, "And then sometimes it-" She picked up her palm and with one last movement froze a pot of pencils a few desks away before dropping her hand into her lap.

Rosie followed, picking carefully through her surroundings. It seemed stupid to her, really; she'd been in a horrific accident, and jow she was worried about thorns.

Lupus glanced back momentarily and then quickened his pace, returning to the kitchen.

The crowd watched with intrigue as they watched Lotta's ability. "Nice," someone commented. Wades smiled.
"It's better than that," he commented but so only she could hear.

"We'll need to find some place to sleep for the night, unless we fancy spending the night open in the desert," Ella commented.

Alexa followed Lupus and finally saw the others in the office. "Hey," she called, regaining her composure. "What's gone on?" Blake slid the chair back, allowing Alexa to have a look.
"Your mum wrote this..." Blake explained pointing to the screen. Slowly she began to read it. She understood about as much as the others except only she knew exactly what happened between her and her ex stepfather, Henry.
She explained what she thought things were but didn't go into detail into the event that transpired. "I have no idea who W is though..."

Lotta shrugged and picked at the polish on one of her nails. It was true, she could do a bit more than that, but it was difficult and she hadn't wanted to try in case it went wrong.

"I've stayed in nicer places," Rosie joked, then became a little more serious, "Yeah, I agree."

(I KNOW WHO W IS AHAHAHAHA)
"Well, your mom obviously didn't want anyone to know, or she would have just typed a proper name," Leo pointed out.
"Captain Obvious saves the day," Lupus sighed, staring at the screen as if it would help. "She never mentioned anyone?"

"Well," Wade said. "I think we shall leave it there for today but we shall meet back here tomorrow, early," Wade announced clapping his hands together rather theatrically.

Ella laughed. It was weird, but it felt good to laugh.

(OH MY GAWD!)
Blake had to agree with Lupus on that one. Leo might be smart but he just wasn't quite... 'In the loop'.
Alexa tried to think back to her mum mentioning anyone with a name beginning with W: William, Will, Washington? She shook her head. "No."

Lotta seemed pretty eager to leave; being in a room full of potentially dangerous people, many of whom were almost strangers, was making her nervous. She got up and picked up her bag, retrieving her now cracked mirror from where Kathy had dropped it.

"At least we aren't hurt anymore. Touch wood."

(Poor Leo. xD)
"Could be anyone," Leo shrugged.
"Well, I feel like it isn't that important at this present moment." Lupus prompted.

People shuffled out of the door like the end of class leaving Wade and Lotta alone. "Hey," he said, watching her not quite intently but definitely watching.

"There's no wood to touch!" Ella complained.

"Anyone who's name begins with a W..." Alexa admitted. Then she agreed with Lupus. "You're right, it's not. We should go, we still have to find Blake's brother."
"Where are we going then?" Blake asked solemnly.
"The plaza, I figure there'll be a lot of people there," she admitted, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear and folding her arms across her chest. "Let's go.."

"That was quite a display," She remarked teasingly as she shouldered her bag and looked up.

"We're doomed." Rosie declared dramatically, the back of her hand against her forehead.

Leo and Kitty wandered out of the door first, deep in conversation about ballet, not seeming frightened by the strange situation. Lupus followed on with a brief glance at Alexa.

"I'd like to think of myself as being a professional show man some day," he joked. moving closer to her.

"Woah there damsel, don't faint! I don't think we'll be many fine young princes out here," Ella teased giggling at her sister. "Besides if we do, they'll all fall for me!"

Blake and Alexa followed on last with Alexa finding herself staring a little intently at Lupus. She shook her head trying to clear it but she felt her cheeks blush a little and had to turn away fro Blake to hide it. She hated feeling this way towards someone as she felt helpless at hiding her feelings.

"I think you'd do well. Maybe you could teach, people seem to listen to you," Lotta raised her eyebrows, referring to the way she had seen people lap up his every word.

"Definitely, you've got it all," Rosie gushed jokingly, "You'll wink and they'll faint."

Lupus seemed intent on not looking back, because he knew he'd get a bit odd, and he wanted to stay unreadable.

"I don't know what I'd teach," Wade admitted. "School curricular just seems to bore me in general."

"Then I'll be the one doing the rescuing," Ella pointed out with a wink.

As they were nearing the plaza, the amount of kids they were seeing was increasing greatly. "Is it just me, or can someone else smell burning," Alexa said suddenly after sniffing the air.
"Maybe someone's trying a BBQ?" Blake joked half heartedly.

"Good point. I think the students would frustrate you, too," Lotta admitted, sitting on the desk again, watching him.

"Girl power," Rosie added, giggling.

"I hope that's all it is," Lupus nodded, though gut instinct was telling him otherwise.

"True, I'd have to refrain from strangling them, wouldn't I?" he pointed out.

Ella burst out laughing, grabbing her stomach as she was in fits of giggles.

As they rounded the corner to the plaza it was evident that it was not just some kid trying out at a BBQ. Unless, of course, toasted house was what they were serving. Smoke rose into the air from one of the top open windows with seemingly no wind to drag it anywhere else. The house was yet to really start burning down but if they didn't move soon it would be more than the house that burnt down. Right next door to the house was the hardware store and further along the chain of buildings, the day care and no one was doing anything. People just stared up at the building meekly, some gasping others talking as though it was something they were simply seeing on TV.
"Oh my gosh!" Blake exclaimed, taking back her earlier made joke.
Alexa was already thinking ahead of the situation. "We need to put the fire out quickly before it spreads!" she announced moving into motion.

"If you strangle people who frustrate you, then I'm staying on your good side."

Rosie giggled too, feeling a little less scared now that they were healed and calm.

"I'm just gonna stay here." Leo murmured, slipping off into the crowd. That was Leo's heart of a lion for you.
Lupus hurried after the others, admiring how quickly Alexa reacted to the situation.
"We can hook up a hose to that hydrant, maybe."

"That's always a good idea," he admitted. The corner of his mouth quirked up a little. "I wonder why it is we've never really talked to each other before now."

"You know I can't remember the last time we got along like this..." Ella admitted, recovering from her giggle fit.

"Yes," Alexa nodded. "Good. Yes, you do that, get some people to help you. Blake, get the girl we met earlier - Darla, she should be in the nursery, get her to help you get the littlies out of the nursery; we don't know how quickly this fire will spread. Kitty, you too. We also need to spare the hardware store goods-"
"Oh my gosh!" Someone cried out. "There's some kid in there!" Alexa looked up at the window and saw a slight sliver of movement.
"Everyone, shut up!" she yelled and slowly the crowd fell silent. There it was, in the distant, a quiet plea.
"Help me!"
"Shit," Alexa cursed because she knew what she'd have to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.