Town of Anorona

((Last post before I ask someone to send this to the fiery depths of Iwaku's very own hell. Anyone gonna post anything?))

A shimmering white portal appeared in the middle of the street, coming into existence out of thin air. Nothing could be seen within the portal, not even the other side, it just sparkled and shimmered there for a moment. The portal widened, and slowly, a head peered out. The head was that of a light-skinned man with tousled red hair and baby blue eyes. Slowly, he peered around, examining the streets into which the mysterious portal had opened. He then retracted his head back into the portal, and after a moment, his entire form stepped through. He wore simple clothing - brown leather pants, a short-sleeved beige jerkin with a high neck, and tall brown boots. At his waist was a sheathed sword, glinting slightly in the sunlight as he shifted his position.

He stood a moment in the street, and as his baby blue eyes gazed around, another form began to slip through the portal. This one was female, pale-skinned with silky straight red hair that came down to her elbows. A few locks of it were twisted back elegantly. She wore a long black skirt and a red blouse with a strapless black corset. Her shoes were hidden beneath her long skirt, but she had on several pieces of crystal and gemstone jewellery. She seemed almost like a female version of the man - obviously dressed differently - except for the fact that her eyes were a light hazel, sparkling in the sunlight.

Still, after this woman emerged, the portal did not close. The two moved aside, still gazing around, to make room for a third form to enter. It was another woman, but the differences between this one and the other one were night and day - this one was a pretty young blonde, with long golden curls and baby blue eyes that matched the man's. She wore an elegant pink gown, with a long skirt, a low neckline, and poufy short sleeves. She seemed in awe of what was before her as she exited the portal, and a moment later, where there had been the shimmering white portal, there was nothing. She gazed towards the two redheads, and the man looked around slowly.

"Perhaps the inn?" asked the man, pointing in the direction of the inn. It was near enough that the trio could read the sign, and the girls considered for a moment.

"That's a good idea," the redheaded woman agreed, and looked towards the blonde. "Grace?"

"Yes," said the girl in pink softly. There was an air of intelligence as she spoke, as if this one was highly educated in comparison to the others. "Yes, let's do that. Somebody there may know something."

The three began to walk along the street towards the inn, their footsteps all out of sync as they walked along. The blonde girl, Grace, walked with an elegant sophistication, carrying herself much as a princess would. The man walked with a similar confidence, though his march resembled that of a knight more than that of a prince - his blue eyes were constantly shifting, looking around for threats. It was clear that he wanted to protect these two women. The last of them, the woman in black, walked like a villager, a commoner - but a confident one, somebody who clearly didn't care what others thought of her. There was a sexy sway in her hips, the skirt fluttering around her ankles as she made her way to the inn with the others.

The man was the one to lift his hand and push the door open, holding it so that the other two could enter. He was sure they looked very odd entering the inn together - a pretty blonde vision in pink, a redheaded witch in black, and a simple man trained in the art of combat. He didn't mind, though. After the hectic last few days the three of them had experienced, he wasn't sure he cared whether people were judging them or not. He stepped inside once the two women had entered, closing the door behind them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
((OOC: Oh my.. I think I'm in love XD though, I'm not sure I can match that post length. I will post in the hour, kinda busy with things))

• Love
Reactions: PrincessLala95
((OOC: Its back up again. Yay.))

The Shade lifted it's head up at Anarona's words, it nodded once and sat down at the table. "Perhaps a hunk of meat for my companion, Wrathi here." It said looking down at the wolf-like creature. As the Shade bent it's head down to eat a thought seemed to hit it and it lifted it's head back up "Mistress Anarona, you directed me to a Mistress Velrossa in regards to the Armour Shop, unfortunately I do not know where she is. Perhaps you could direct me to her?" As it finished saying this the door to the Inn opened and three people walked in.

The Shade was accustomed to how nobles carried themselves, and one of these three certainly carried herself like a noble. Under it's servitude the Shade had met nobles, the Shade was often their last sight, and the one who carried herself as a noble reminded it of one, a noble it had met long ago. The Shade sunk into memory.

The Shade had it's orders, kill the Queen and do it quickly. It scaled the castle walls quickly it had but one thought in it's mind, kill the target. It approached the open window and slowed down, this would be to easy, lifting itself up it slid through the window sinuously and silently. It hid in the shadows of the room listening to it's target, the Queen, sing to a baby. The baby was small but it already looked somewhat like it's mother. The Queen turned around and saw the Shade. She gasped at the dagger already in the Shades hand. She put the baby down and backed away slowly, hands held up in a pacifying way.

"Please, do not kill me." She said in a soft tone, a soft tone but one used to issuing commands. The Shade cocked a head.
"I have orders." It said in the deathly tone it had. The Queen sighed.
"I thought it might be so." She said sad, but resigned to her fate, "Please though do not touch my darling Gr-" The words were cut off as the Shade sliced her neck. Blood pumping out of the wound. It looked at the baby, it had begun crying. "My orders, do not mention you." It said and slipped out of the window once again.

The Shade looked at the woman again. Perhaps it was a coincidence. Then again however, perhaps not...

"Of course, one piece of steak for your companion," Anorona said, switching her attention to the three walking in, "Hello, please make yourselves at home, rooms are free. just ask for a key and it's yours. Meads and Ales are 50 gold each drink," She said, coming back to to the Shades second question.

"Miss Velrossa is the house on the far left, almost to the end of the main road. The off-green house." Rona said, and she gave the companion a plate of steak. Rona picked up her lute from under the counter, and held it in one hand, waiting to greet the three new faces with a room or mead.

The redheaded man looked at the lovely innkeeper, raising an eyebrow. She spoke to a man who sat at a table with a wolflike creature by his side, and then she shifted her attention to the three of them briefly, welcoming them and letting them know that rooms were free. He smiled a bit and nodded. He waited until she had finished addressing the strange man, and then she turned her attention back to them.

"My name is Jack," he said to her politely. "These are my sisters, Lana and Grace." As he said each name, he gestured to each sister in turn, motioning towards the redhead as he said the name Lana and gesturing in the direction of the blonde at the name Grace.

"Hello," Grace chimed in, her voice sweet and delicate.

"We'll take three rooms," Jack continued, smiling. "We're not-"

"Actually, Grace and I can share a room," Lana said, cutting her brother off with her words. She brushed a loose strand of silky straight red hair from her face, tucking it back behind her ear. "No need to take up more space than we really need."

Jack glanced over at Lana, raising an eyebrow, but nodded. "Alright, make that two rooms. And I'll take some mead..." He paused, glancing towards his sisters to see whether or not they'd want anything.

"As will I," Lana answered. "Do you have something, you know, virgin...for Grace? I doubt she's had a sip of mead in her life," she added, smirking tauntingly towards her sister, whose cheeks went a light pink.

"You haven't any way of knowing that," Grace said in a soft voice, though she made no further attempts to contest her sister's words. She lifted a hand and brushed back a blonde curl, tucking it behind her ear in a way almost identical to what Lana had done a few moments before. She quietly let her light blue eyes wander. The man sitting at the table made the young blonde uneasy, and she subconsciously took a slight step closer to her brother. She tried not to look at the strange man, instead looking towards Lana. "Is there any way for Adaryn to bring us back? Do you know how to contact her?" she asked her sister in a soft voice, and the redhead put a gently hand on the blonde's back.

"It's alright, Grace. If nobody here has what we need, I can contact Adaryn and she'll open another portal to bring us back," she said in a comforting voice, her light hazel eyes sparkling with kindness; while this woman seemed haughty and powerful, it was clear that she had a soft spot for her sweet sister.

"Yes, two rooms it is. And here's your mead," Rona said, pouring them a few glasses of mead. "My name is Anorona, but most around just call me Rona. Here are your room keys. Four door down, across the hall from each other." She finished, sliding the mugs forward, before playing her lute in a lovely melody.

Jack took the two mugs before Lana could grab hers, and he politely handed it to her. She stuck out her tongue at him before taking a long drink, and Jack raised an eyebrow a bit. He couldn't quite say that he'd ever seen a lady drink like Lana did - then again, Lana wasn't quite like any lady he'd ever seen. He was accustomed to women with mannerisms similar to Grace's and men who were rowdy and boisterous. In a way, Lana was behaving much like the men who had raised Jack. While their rowdy behaviour hadn't rubbed off on Jack, who admired the men and women of the court, he certainly recognized it in Lana. Obviously witches weren't quite as dainty and polite as nobles.

"Jack, I think I'm just going to go and get some sleep," said Grace softly, looking up at her brother, her baby blue eyes meeting his. Jack smiled down at his sister and nodding, handing her one of the keys.

"You heard the lady," he said to his sister gently. "Leave the door unlocked for Lana, or bring the key back once you've got it unlocked so she can get in when she's ready for bed. Sleep well..." Jack paused slightly, and a light sigh left his lips. "In the morning we'll see if there's a bakery or anything of the sort, see if we can get ourselves a cake... I know you didn't get to cut the cake at your party, so we deserve a cake..."

Grace smiled a bit at his words. She leant up and placed a small kiss on his cheek before turning and exiting into the hallway, her pink skirt fluttering behind her as she walked. She found the room easily, unlocking it with the key and pushing the door open. She left the door unlocked, setting the key down on the nightstand before slipping off her gown. She left on her white underdress, which she often wore as a nightgown anyways, and crawled into the bed, laying her blonde head on the pillow and closing her eyes.

Once Grace had left, Lana smiled over at the innkeeper, listening to her music. It was lovely. She wanted to ask the woman's name and start talking, to see if she knew anything or had any information for the three of them, but interrupting the song wasn't something she was willing to do for the information. Adaryn had told them to take all the time they needed, so she had no qualms with waiting. She took a glance at the man in the inn, very curious as to who he was and what he was doing there - she had seen the way Grace shied away from him, but Grace was unsettled by a lot of things she'd been sheltered from as a child. Without Lana and Jack, surely she would be lost now - perhaps she would even have been taken captive during the attack, since Jack did save her... Lana frowned, taking another drink of her mead.

Rona played continuously, and since there were no other requests for mead or rooms, she flowed each song and melody into another. She smiled and closed her eyes, listening to the way each and every sound of the lute took perfectly to the previous.

Rona loved to play, it was her most favorite thing to do. It made people stop and listen, made them smile, calmed peoples nerves, and most of all, sounded absolutely perfect.

The Shade ate. It ate in a reserved manner, it had never understood humans, and other races, love and need for food and drink. In fact it was only truly eating because of the need to fit in, in these unfamiliar surroundings. The Shade may have eaten in a reserved way, but Wrathi did not, it attacked the meat, tearing chunks off and swallowing them quickly, blood staining it's teeth. As it ate the Shade saw it's spirit flare up wildly as though it had become more powerful.

Once Wrathi had finished the Shade stood up, walking over to the main table in the room. It paid, placing the required amount ((OOC: 50 Gold, right?)) on the table and exited the room, trying not to disturb the playing Innkeeper. Exiting the building, and stepping into the cool morning air the Shade looked to the left and walked, Wrathi walked beside it easily. He reached the off-green house that Mistress Anorona had directed it to and walked up to the door. It knocked, then waited sinking, once again, into memory.

It's Master had been furious that night. "Why would we leave it?!" He shouted his face red, a startling contrast to his severe, black robes. "With the child alive the line will live on!"
The Shade waited patiently for it's Master's tirade to end and then said, "There was nothing in my orders about a child."
"I know! But still you should have thought!" The Master screamed, his voice echoing around the cavern, "There is nothing else for it!! Take the child and hide her, away from the castle."

Once again the Shade climbed the castles walls to the room, and open window. The room had changed, there were now guards standing around the baby. the guards posed no hindrance though and the Shade slipped past them easily. He picked up the sleeping baby and slipped out of the room. At the bottom of the Castle walls the baby started to cry, the Shade paid it no mind though and it calmed down soon enough. It walked, it walked a long way that night and reached a village leagues from the Castle where it had started.

The Shade placed it's charge on the steps of a nearby house and left the village. It looked to the East, where it's Master waited and started walking.

Jack was quiet, drinking slowly as he watched the strange man from the inn pay for his meal and then leave quietly. He seemed to pay Jack and Lana no mind as they sat at their table, which was a relief. Jack couldn't help but wonder if the man made his sisters as uneasy as Jack was. As soon as the figure had made his way through the door and left, Lana spoke up, albeit in a soft voice.

"He gave me the creeps," said the young witch softly to her newfound brother. "Maybe he's a vampire. He kind of reminded me of the ones we saw back at the castle."

Jack paused momentarily to give her remarks some thought. It was true, the uneasy feeling was similar to the one that had filled him when he saw those vampires come crashing in on the night of their birthday - and ever since that conversation in Grace's room, when he had come in to protect her only to discover that Grace and the intruder were not only his sisters but also his triplets, he wanted nothing more than to protect and care for the both of them. It was the kind of man those knights had raised him to be.

"If you're right, that means he'll be back," said Jack to his sister. Lana took her turn to consider his comment. He was right. Unless he was completely unrelated from the Kingdom vampires, he would probably return - obviously there was a reason those vampires wanted Grace, something related to the Kingdom and their parents.

"Maybe he's secretly our father," Lana giggled, but Jack shook his head.

"It wouldn't make any sense. Adaryn said our patrilineal genes or whatever she called them were elven. That man didn't look like any elf I've ever seen."

"What do you know about elves, Squire Jack?" Lana teased, a smirk on her red lips. "The closest thing you've ever seen to an elf is your own reflection in the mirror, and even then, you're half vampire."

"That just means that up until our birthday, I was also the closest I'd ever seen to a vampire," said Jack with a laugh. "Lana, I'm going to head to bed now," he said a moment later as he took his last drink, emptying the mug. He handed Lana his coin purse and leaned over to give her a kiss on the cheek, which clearly made her feel uncomfortable, but she would have to get used to it now that Jack knew she was his sister. He then quietly headed down the hall to his room, unlocking the door and heading inside. He kicked off his boots, stripped off his clothes and flopped down atop the bed, one arm coming to rest across his forehead as he closed his eyes and dozed off.

Lana was now alone, swirling her drink in the mug as she contemplated her options. She had overheard the directions given to the strange man by the innkeeper - she could easily head out and follow him to see if he was a vampire or if he knew anything. She could also wait for the innkeeper to finish her song and then ask her what she knew - if anything - about the Vampire Kingdom in which she and her siblings had been born. Hell, part of her wanted to go find a bakery and surprise both Grace and Jack - it wasn't just Grace's birthday they had missed in the attack, that date belonged to all three of them.

Of course, it wasn't like Lana ever did much to celebrate with Adaryn. It was business as usual during the day - collecting herbs and ingredients, mixing elixirs and potions, quietly practicing magic on the upper level of Adaryn's shop, and graciously greeting customers. In the late evening when the shop closed down, Adaryn would prepare Lana's favourite soup and give her a small gift - an enchanted bracelet or a gemstone ring or a new spellbook. At that very moment, Lana wore a number of pieces of jewellery given to her by Adaryn. Grace, of course, had lavish birthday parties thrown by the King and Queen, and from what little Lana knew of knights, Jack probably had to shovel out the stables every year on his birthday.

Yes, she decided, she would go with the cake, so she finished her drink and paid the innkeeper from Jack's coin purse, smiling a bit.
"May I ask you right quick if there's a bakery in town? And if so, how late it might be open on such a night?"

Rona put her lute down, took the empty mug from the table, and wiped the table down, before handing the cup to a worker to be took to the kitchen. "Of course, the bakery is on the next road left, out of the doors. I think they open up soon, so if you need something, you may just want to hurry before the rush of customers comes through," She said, smiling, "Can't miss it. It's the biggest place on that road. Just be careful, please. Let's just say there's a few... Unwanted people here in town. They've been terrorizing the town."

Last edited by a moderator:
Lana quirked an eyebrow slightly at Rona's words, very curious as to who these unwanted people could be - vampires? Part of her hoped so, so that she could interrogate them - part of her hoped not, because she wasn't at all interested in getting in a fight here just yet. Not one part of her doubted her ability to best anyone in a fight.

"Very well. If I don't return within an hour, wake my brother. And thank you for everything," said the witch before turning and quietly leaving, coinpurse in hand. She moved quickly, not wanting to miss the bakery's closing time for fear that she wouldn't be able to get a cake and surprised her siblings. As she walked along, her steps brisk and quiet against the ground, she thought back to Grace's party. The cake had been three tiers - the bottom tier was a rich devil's food cake, the middle tier had been a marble cake, and the top had been basic white cake. The only reason she knew this was because she'd seen a few of the noblemen sneak up and serve themselves slices despite the fact that the dinner hadn't even started, which had utterly disgusted Lana - noblemen, however, were generally disgusting.

She hurried in the direction that Rona had told her to go, soon spotting the building that the lovely innkeeper had described. Sure enough, it was the biggest place on the street, and she was relieved to see that it was still open. She hurried over quickly and opened the door, stepping in and going straight up to the counter, beginning to examine the cake display closely. What should she get? Her obvious choice would be the devil's food chocolate, but what would Grace and Jack want? Grace seemed girly enough that chocolate would probably be a good choice for her, and Jack was enough of a gentleman that Lana figured he'd be gracious regardless. So sure enough, it would have to be the chocolate.

She lifted her hazel eyes up towards the clerk behind the counter, smiling as kindly and pleasantly as she could - she knew how it was dealing with customers every day, though hers were probably much more irritating than the one this baker dealt with. The customers in Adaryn's shop acted like the two of them should be able to do just about anything with their magic and potions - know-it-alls who then came back to complain when the spells and potions didn't do exactly what they wanted them to, despite Lana and Adaryn both having explained that magic had its limits. "Good morning, I'd like to buy one of your best chocolate cakes," she said politely, lifting a hand and tucking back a silky lock of red hair behind her ear.

((OOC: Hmm... Who is controlling characters like Velrossa and the Baker, if we are talking to them should we do it?))

• Thank You
Reactions: PrincessLala95
((OOC: Yes. You control them whenever you talk directly to them, unless two people are talking to them, which whoever spoke first controls.))

Rona smiled at the lady, sitting down and relaxing. She decided she would go lay down soon, and let the workers handle happy hour, as they needed the work anyway. She signed at the thought of laying down, but remembered that people can't work all the time, without letting up a bit and focusing on relaxation.

The Shade wasn't waiting for long. The door in front of it opened and a considerably sized woman stepped out. She was quite tall, with large, broad shoulders that grey, almost white, hair fell onto. The hair framed a face that was more handsome than beautiful that was lined with wrinkles and two startling blue eyes. She looked at the Shade who had opened her door and then hawked and spat at her feet. The Shade was startled, it didn't know much abut human behaviour but he did know that spitting was un-ladylike, it had not expected to be greeted like this. "Well, why are you here?" She seemed annoyed at the Shade although it couldn't say why. "Hurry up already, some people like to sleep in the mornings."

The Shade coughed, clearing it's throat, not much gave it pause but the Mistress Velrossa certainly did. "I have come here to ask about the... Armour shop." He replied shortly. Her face changed slightly, a softening around the eyes that made her seem less harsh.
"Ah, yes... The old Armoury..." She paused and sighed slightly and her brilliant blue eyes seemed to dim in sadness. "I knew it would come to this..." The Shade was surprised yet another time since meeting this lady, it had not expected such a reaction. "Well, I suppose you'll want the keys if you'll take over." She stopped and looked at it questioningly, it was more a glare really, "You do want to take over, right?"
"Ah... Ah yes, Mistress Velrossa."
"Right." She said, slightly mollified "Well, I'll go get the keys. You just... Wait out here." She disappeared and returned a moment later with two keys. She held them up. "Right, then." She said in a business-like tone. "This one's for the Armour shops door, and this is for the forge out back. I assume you know how to use a forge." She held out the keys and the Shade took them, noticing that her hands shook slightly. "The Armour shop is right besides the Bakery on the left street." She looked up and the Shade could see unshed tears in her eyes. "Well, why are you waiting, get out of here! Leave me in peace."

The Shade turned to leave. As it walked onto the street, it heard her speak again, "Never thought I'd see a Shade take over the shop. You treat her well, you hear me!". It turned to say it would but the door had closed. The Shade walked briskly onto the street that held both the Armoury and the Bakery, plans about the shop already forming in it's mind when it saw someone enter the Bakery. The Shade stopped, it didn't eat food much and it never ate for pleasure but something drew him to the Bakery. He broke off his course to the Armoury and entered, stepping through the door to the Bakery.

While the bakery clerk was taking the cake to which Lana had gestured from the display case to box it, the two of them looked up at the sound of the door opening. Lana masked her surprise at seeing the strange man from the inn stroll right in. Apparently he wasn't a vampire, since no vampire she'd heard of could manage such a feat in the bright light of the morning sun. A yawn left the young witch's lips as she turned back to face the bakery clerk, hoping that ignoring this strange man would be the right course of action. Back home, it had been late at night when Adaryn opened the portal - it was the only time the initial portal could be opened, she had said. Lana doubted that she and her siblings would sleep all through the day, but they were exhausted. It was likely they would come to in the hours of the early afternoon.

The clerk put the beautiful chocolate cake into a box designed specially for cakes. Lana didn't know what qualities made this box different from any other boxes, but she trusted that it wouldn't allow the cake to get smushed up against the side of the box - let them do their job and you do yours. If the young witch asked the clerk about the box, she couldn't complain the next time a customer asked her some stupid question like why the potions didn't evaporate or why they sold jewellery in a magic and potions shop. The clerk told Lana the cake's price and the redhead began to fish around in the little coin purse for the twenty-three coins, amazed that something as simple as a cake could cost so much - it probably would have been cheaper to buy the ingredients and make one herself, though Lana had no art for baking, and she couldn't just magically poof up a cake.

The Shade watched as the red-haired fished around in her purse to buy the cake she had ordered. It felt like it had seen her before, in the same way that it felt it had seen the small blonde-haired one before. It could not recall however when it had seen her before, it was almost as though something was blocking it's access to the memories where she resided. "Well! What do ya want?" A voice broke the Shade out of it's reverie. It looked up, there was a man, more a boy really, who had asked the question. His face seemed set in a permanent sneer.

"I, would like nothing." The Shade said slowly, measuring out each sound equally. The effect of this was rather like a coffin slamming shut on each word.
"Well! Why are ya here then?" The Shade realised that it actually didn't know why it was here, something had just drawn it to this place. It thought frantically. Suddenly it had an excuse, "I felt the need to inform you that I have taken over the Armour shop next door." At this the boy's sneer grew wider and he looked over at the clerk serving the redhead. "Hear that, Joey, that old bats finally gone. Hopefully she dies soon, I tell ya she's a blight." The Shade got angry. It didn't know why, it had no attachment to the old Mistress Velrossa or any orders, but it did.

Before the Shade knew what was happening it had slid across the ground to the sneerer, and grabbed him by the neck. He lifted the boy up and drew his face close. By this point the boys face had grown purple, perhaps in fear, perhaps in oxygen deprivation, and spittle was starting to fly from his mouth which had only recently held a sneer. "If I hear one more bad word from you about Mistress Velrossa, I will kill you." The Shade dropped the boy and left.