Town of Anorona

(Last post for a little bit, I have a bad cold, and I'm taking it easy a while)

"Yes, they are. Yours is two doors on the left. Please enjoy your stay, Vera." Rona said, while giving a few mugs to some other customers. She knew she'd be there handing out drinks until she shut the bar down, so she asked two of her younger workers to help out, since they were known for working fast.

((OOC anyone home? Can someone help get this RP lively again?))

With everyone satisfied, and most of the town drunks stumbling home to their families, Rona sat down, and enjoyed the last little sip she had. She sat there, happy that everyone had loved it so much, that she noticed only one cart of the Summertime Ale left. They didn't seem the least bit bothered that it was free. Most of the customers said it was a first drinking something like this.

One even said he'd pay his whole inheritance to fill up on as much as it could buy him. Anorona couldn't take money like that, or get another order to arrive before he grew impatient, so it was convenient that it was free. Motima was more than a hike away, so the earliest shipment would be a month and a half from then. Still, she loved the thought of having some money, maybe even enough to afford upgrades to the Inn.

Deciding to take a break from drinking, Sam looked around and noticed the sorceress left to her room. Sighing, he gulped down the rest of the ale and stood back up. ''Can I get a room as well? Put it under Samuel, please.'' he asked. Putting his hood back over his head, Sam looked out of the window at the dusty road. He waited for the key.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Yes, here's your key," Rona said, sliding it over the table, "It's the one across from miss Vera." she ended, standing up and heading to the window. She then looked out, and thought of how wonderful it'd be if there were some minor conflict. Nothing to cause any bloodshed, just something to get some worked up officials or royal guards to come by and spend their weeks pay away on mead. She loved when business was booming, as it brought mead to people taste buds and a smile to her face.

A hooded figure entered the room, his clothes made up of dark, tattered cloth shaped into the form of a cloak. It turned it's head scanning the faces in the tavern and moved inside into the warmer area. Another shape slipped behind it and the door slammed shut. Noticing the main table in the room for the first time it strode over. No, not strode over, it glided over as though it wasn't touching the ground although every movement carried the weight of a thousand men. The other shape followed it in the unique way that wolves have. This thing, this "man" was a Shade, a spirit once free of this physical plane but brought into it by Dark rituals. However, this Shade was different it had shrugged of the bonds of it's summoner and had taken control of it's life.

(OOC: I can join right? Also this is my first time doing something like this so please notify me if I do something wrong.)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
((OOC: This is jump in so yep, you can. Also, you're doing well for your first time, so don't worry. Just a tip: sometimes when you post, separate it all every three or four sentences or so. Other than that, I'd say you're great.))

Anorona smiled at the two new figures who'd entered the Inn, "Hello, I'm Anorona, but you can call me Rona or Ano if need be," She said, walking away from the window, "Unfortunately, the bars closed for the night, but we have plenty of rooms if you need one."

Shadows swirled beneath the hood as the Shade thought about it's response and then stopped as it reached a resolution.
"Yes, I will take one room." It looked down at it's wolflike companion and muttered, "We can share." The shadows that composed it's face started to swirl again and it took a long pause before finally holding out a hand composed of darkness and saying "I believe this is how... Humans greet each other, I am..." It took an even longer pause and the shadows started to flick wildly in all directions before stopping suddenly. "Yes, I am Asero." It said this slowly as though savouring the name.

It looked at the female woman, and it wondered, why had she shown it kindness perhaps, perhaps even compassion. It was a Shade it was used to people being afraid of it, but this kindness was new and it liked it. "Perhaps you could direct me to a job." It said "I have no need for money but in this world you can not survive without it." It said this last part almost sadly as though it did not like how money was so required.
"Oh and how much for the room?" It said in that tone it had, that tone that seemed to say that your time on this planet was numbered.

• Love
"The rooms are free, and there may be some jobs in the market district of town," Rona paused, shaking the Shades hand, and sliding the key over the table. "I'm not sure what jobs you might take a liking to, but there may be something in town. If not you could be a bouncer for the Inn, to make sure the trouble-makers learn their place." She finished.

To her, Shades were rare, but the one's she had seen were just as calm as she was, and nice compared to some people out there. She could care less as long as they didn't cause trouble in her Inn.

((OOC: that's perfect. not too much detail, not too little.))

Shadows swirled in the now familiar sign that the Shade was thinking. He took the offered key as it listened to Anarona.
"A bouncer... That seems appropriate, what with my old job being." It cut off abruptly here and stopped talking the shadows swirling even more furiously then before. "No not a boucer... I must leave that behind..." It said this quietly only just loudly enough to be heard. It spoke again louder this time "I saw... I saw an empty shop as I entered town, an armour shop I believe. Perhaps, perhaps I could work there?" The shadows had stopped swirling and now they seemed to creep out slightly as though the Shade was anxious.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Sam took the keys into his hands. ''Thank you, Rona. It was Rona, right?'' said the apprentice, scratching the back of his head. ''Well, I'll get to my room.'' He walked over to the stairs and went to the room parallel from the person that had previously ordered a room. Opening the door, taking the keys, and closing the door, the room looked much more comfortable than he expected. He took his cloak off and stored his swords in a closet. He laid on the bed, and fell asleep within seconds.

• Love
Rona looked at him, pushing the hair out of her eyes. "Ah, yes. I'm sure that would do. I've heard your kind make exceptional armors." She said, looking to the windows. The armors she had seen while she served under the Royal Imperial Army were like no other, and her own armor was crafted by a shade. He was often a dick, but a damn good blacksmith regardless.

Anorona looked at the wall where her old sword and dagger were on the plaque hanging from the wall, and thought of a time before the Inn.

The shadows moved again, though this time it was in an unfamiliar way. It was almost as thought the Shade was smiling.
"Yes, we make excellent armour. I believe it has something to do with the nature of metal, how it is both spiritual and physical, few blacksmiths of other races realise this but as spirits bound to the physical plane..." The Shade shrugged.

"I will retire now." The Shade said this in a calmer manner than anything it had said before "Oh, and who should I see about taking over at the Armoury?"

"Please make yourself at home. I will await everyone when they wake. You'll need to see miss Velrona, she'll show you where everything is." Rona said, smiling, as she sat down at a chair and laid her head down on the table.

The Shade watched Anorona put dow her head and then silently glided up to it's room. It opened the door and went in, with the wolflike creature slipping in behind it. The Shade looked around, it was a small room but pleasant. There was a bed in one corner and a small table in the other with two comfortable looking chairs behind it.

It walked to the bed and sat down looking at the wolf creature that had just sank to it's haunches. "Now, let's see... What are you?" it said this with the shadows once again moving in that way that meant it was thinking "I haven't had time up till now to properly examine you... You have the body of a wolf, but your spirit... Your spirit is different, brighter, stronger. You are more than a wolf yet less." It paused as it thought. "I do not know what you are but you are not native to this plane. I shall call you, Wrathi."

Wrathi stood up after the Shade had named it and moved underneath the table. It curled up and went to sleep.
"Ah yes, sleep. I have never tried this before." the Shade muttered and slipped beneath the covers of the bed. After a while it turned over, and... It started snoring.

((OOC: Let's wait for Zeon so he doesn't get left behind.))

((OOC: Okay, just wondering how will I know when it is morning In Game?))

((OOC: Since it's been a while since the last post, just place the time as you see fit. Reminder though, that I'm spending most of my time on my Magic Empires rp. I want to focus most of my time on it, so sorry if I'm not in this one too often.))

Sunlight streamed through the window of the Shade's small room. It landed on, what could charitably be called, it's face. It woke up. Flinging it's head around it saw that it was morning and shouted "What is this! A second ago it was night! Why is it morning?" It's shadows flung about wildly reflecting his mood. It only calmed down when it heard angry muttering from the next room over. "So that is sleep." It said quietly "I do not see why humans like it so much... So much time lost... Gone forever."

It heard a whine and looked over at Wrathi who had just awoken. It looked into Wrathi's face and saw that Wrathi was hungry and doing so realised that it was also in need of sustenance. "Yes, we shall go downstairs I believe that there shall be food there." It said. Standing up it moved towards the door walked out with Wrathi slipping behind and went down to the main room of the Inn. Unfortunately it forgot to close the door.

"Well hello, there. I assume you two are hungry? We have plenty, eat what you like." Rona said, pointing out the big table with plenty of food on it, waiting to be eaten. She finished cleaning all of the mugs, and waited for the moment when the people would flow in, to quench their thirst with the taste of sweet meads and ales.

((OOC: I hae a feeling this thread has died. I may have it moved to the graveyard.))