Too much Disney... ugh...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshenAngel

Edgeknight
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
  5. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Whenever I can get on.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Comedy, Medieval, Romance, Sci-Fi, Modern
So I just watched Moana for the third time and I had a very lose idea. Who wants to be a demigod?

Basically, I want to develop a world with its own creation mythology, and send it for a tailspin when the sun god vanishes, leaving the world to plunge into darkness. The demigods are left to struggle to protect mankind from the beasts of the darkness and attempt to bring back the sun god.

The basic demigods and which god helped create them are listed below. I also wanted to include an animal form for each demigod, since it isn't always convenient to be human.

God of the Sun (male pronouns)
- Master of Fire, my character, lion.
----> Essentially gives the gift of fire to humanity.
- Master of Growth
----> Enables plants to sprout up in barren lands.
- Master of Reflection
----> Allows objects to gleam with the sun's light.

God of the Ocean (female pronouns)
- Master of Tides
----> Ensures that the ocean's waters remain filled with life and manages the currents.
- Master of Seafaring
----> Gave humans the knowledge of boatmaking and showed them how to cross bodies of water.
- Master of Life
----> Allows all creatures to thrive on Earth.

God of the Skies (male pronouns)
- Master of Storms, @Boo Girlie BoomBoom, Harpy Eagle
----> Manages the weather of the world.
- Master of Music
----> Gave humans the gift of beautiful sounds.
- Master of Navigation
----> Shared the knowledge of wayfinding with humans so they wouldn't get lost on their travels.

God of the Night (female pronouns)
- Master of Decay, @~Dark Disney~, raven.
----> Allows dead matter to return to the Earth and renew the soils.
- Master of Healing
----> Allows aches of the heart, mind, and soul to heal when resting.
- Master of Illusion
----> Gave the humans dreams, nightmares, and imagination, as well as the shadows.

This song pretty much inspired the general concept of this rp.

So for the demigods, I'd like to get an idea of their little creation legend, and how they get along with the other demigods and gods.

Master of _____________
(General Appearance)
Name:
Creation Mythology:
Relationships with Other Demigods:
Relationships with Gods:
Personality:
Themesong:
Other:

Last edited:
Oooo I want in with Master of Decay, Raven or Hellhound

Reactions: AshenAngel
Alright, I'm leaning towards more realistic animals with elemental touches here and there. So, no hellhounds.

Reactions: Dark_Psycho
Hey~hey.

The Boo girlie here. If you'll have me I'd Love to do an appie for Storms as a Harpy Eagle.
ツ​

Master of Fire

c6598f4a4fb348da948ddcb5990c5b4b1399608043_full.jpg

Name:
Ke-Ahi Liona

Animal Form:
Lion
1z8y0224.jpg

Creation Mythology:
The god of the Sun always felt bad for the humans when night fell upon the Earth. Seeing them struggling in the cold and darkness, he created Ke-Ahi to share light with the world during its dark times in the form of fire.

Ahi is very cautious of those created by the sea and the night, and as a general rule doesn't trust them. While he is slightly more relaxed with his fellow masters under the sun, he understands that he is fundamentally different from them and remains separate from them. He enjoys the occasional company of those under the sky, but still prefers being alone.

Relationships with Gods:
Ahi was close with the Sun for a very long time, however as he saw the workings of the world, he began to distrust the god. He was created in direct opposition to the Night, and they still remain enemies. The Ocean was against his creation as well, and forbid him from entering her watery realm. The Sky found sympathy with him, and offered assistance should he need it. He is unsure as to why the god would be willing to help him, but doesn't take it for granted.

Personality:
Ahi is a very solitary person. He doesn't get close to anyone and has a cautious air to him. It is very difficult to earn his complete trust. He can be headstrong and volatile, and sometimes has a bit of a mean streak when he sees his gifts being misused. He uses sarcasm and cunning to his advantage in the fights he gets into. He is very tactical and can track many details at once.

Themesong:
Other:
N/A

@Kazuaki Yoshioka, there are no protector roles in the world that I'm fleshing out. I suppose you could go for the master of tides, but I need a general idea of the character you'll be building, in order to ensure that it fits into the scheme of the world I'm making.

@~Dark Disney~ and @Boo Girlie BoomBoom, think you guys could start filling out the basic sheet I have up on the first post? I want to get a general idea of where everyone's character is coming from.

@Kazuaki Yoshioka, yes that's basically what the master of the tides does, but I meant more towards the creation mythology and animal form.

• Love
@Kazuaki Yoshioka, I don't think that this level of roleplay is meant for you just yet. You need to work on your sentence structure, use of proper nouns, and punctuation. Also, please work on your spelling. I hope to see you again in the future once you've developed your writing a bit more.

@Boo Girlie BoomBoom, alrighty.

I would like the master of life please

Master of life
dcc83f9b920b5988b682579c4d8367a4.jpg

Name:
Kane
Animal Form:
Quetzal
quetzal-013.jpg

Creation Mythology:
The God of the ocean had many children to help man upon the sea. Yet, in the beginning she noticed that help was needed else where. Men did not know how to thrive and be happy, only knowing how to survive. So she created Kane. To help teach the humans how to use the gifts graced to them and be happy.
TBA
Relationships with Gods:
TBA
Personality:

Kane is a very mischievous and cheerful individual, staying true to form despite being very old. Because he is a child, he can see and judge others based on who they are. Not on what they have done or how they look. He like's to act like he is oblivious and naive but he is actually very observant and wise. Seeing what others can't. Few have seen him act his true age.
Theme song:
Other:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no god of death. The god listed above each group of masters is responsible for their creation.

working on cs

Master of Seafaring and Master of Navigation sound redundant, or at least the two of them seem too closely linked to function well on their own. It would make sense for the two to work together, or possibly be related in some way.

Idea 1: Master of Navigation w/ myth entwined with Master of Seafaring
Master of Navigation
62b13aa0-df7c-4e1f-ace7-8390d795d1fe.jpg

Name: Manu o Ku
Animal Form: White Tern
WhiteTern3LR_1.jpg

Creation Mythology: After the gods created the first men and women on the first island. They saw them prosper and grow, given knowledge and gifts from the sky, sea, and land. The gods watched their children with pride, but as their numbers grew, some of the elders feared for the future. Soon, there would be too many people on the island, wars would break out and the rocks and sands would be stained with blood. It became clear to the gods that one island was not enough. The question became how to give people the means to leave the island and find new homes.
Eventually the gods of the sky and the sea came together and produced the Masters of Seafaring and Navigation. The siblings appeared together sailing the first voyaging canoe. By day, the master of Seafaring taught people how to construct and sail the mighty vessels that would carry them across the oceans. At night, Manu taught people the stars and how to find your way beyond the sight of their precious island. Both masters accompanied the first voyage to a new island. After many long days and nights, the people grew restless, complaining that there was nothing beyond the horizon. One Canoe even turned back, never to be seen again.
Knowing that the people were disheartened, Manu came up with a ploy. With the aid of the Master of Seafaring, he slipped away one night and transformed into his bird self. He appeared to the ships at mid day the next day and led the group to the shores of a new island, their new home.
Relationships with Other Demigods: Is a close companion to the Master of Seafaring, gets along reasonably well with other ocean and sky masters. He bears no ill will towards the sun god's children, knowing that they serve a vital purpose for all. He is also on mostly good terms with the children of night, being more comfortable around them than the sun's.
Relationships with Gods: Cordial to both skies and ocean, he tries to keep good relationships with both Sun and Night
Personality: Observant and patient, Manu gives the air of a learned sage. He speaks slowly and softly, hoping to impress attentiveness and patience in those he teaches. He is not the violent sort, and one of the weakest demigods physically. He prefers to avoid battle entirely, but if pushed, is strong enough to best the strongest mortals.
Themesong:
Other:

I've been craving a demi-god rp! This definitely sounds interesting! What all is officially taken? :3 I'd be interested in Illusion or Healing!

May I reserve master of the tides?
Animal: Octopus

I would be interested in the Master of Illusion, animal idea pending! xD

Merry Xmas, err'body!! ;DDD

K sooooo sorry @AshenAngel :[ Boo gots all busy during holidays and... Boo gots a new girlfriend all wrapped up from under the tree^-^!! YAYUH!! So yeah~yeah a little hectic. But should have some time soon~ish to get an appie in k?

Status
Not open for further replies.