Tokyo Death Purgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the only thing you're pointing out...? Of course there are Japanese people, prostitutes, hitmen, and people named Edward. It was meant in a generalizing fashion. There just aren't that many.

And you spelled "their" wrong. Grammar is on the list of rules!
Why are you attacking me with the furry of a thousand winds? Chill out please.

If I was attacking you, I wouldn't be liking your posts. Emotions can't be conveyed over the Internet so don't try and put me in the wrong for something I didn't do.

If I was attacking you, I wouldn't be liking your posts. Emotions can't be conveyed over the Internet so don't try and put me in the wrong for something I didn't do.
I feel attacked, or your angered by me somehow.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kame
It's probably just the natural human instinct to feel angered/offended when someone corrects you or tells you that you're wrong.

Victor, I am calm. Not trying to start anything here.

Sorry guys been busy post coming up tomorrow.

[I'm still working on him (personality / biography / theme) but I wanted to post him to ensure that I don't loose my work thus far haha.]

[fieldbox="The Young Idealist, black, solid"]
"The tragedy of life is not death but what we let die inside of us while we live."
-Norman Cousins

Name
Joshua Allen

Nicknames
Allen (preferred), Josh

Nationality
British

Occupation
Purger
Free-Lance Translator (English/French/Chinese/Japanese)

Appearance
Allen is generally regarded as skinny and somewhat delicate. He stands at 5'6 and is shorter than most other males and that matched with his soft and somewhat child-like features he looks much younger than he actually is. Due to this many underestimate his abilities. Allen doesn't have much build-up of muscle and while he isn't weak he isn't very strong either. His hair is wispy and mostly a light brown though has some blonde highlights and is often seen blowing into his eyes as he walks or in the wind.

The boy is usually seen in long-sleeved jumpers (essentially hoodies without hoods), usually with colors ranging from navy blue to black. Underneath he wears collared white shirts and is usually seen with a tie. He keeps the look of a schoolboy by preference; he intends to enjoy his youth to the fullest and his best experiences were in school interacting with his peers. As far as pants go he is usually in jeans and a darker-colored belt. Since Allen doesn't exactly do much physical activity his footwear isn't the most conventional and he is mostly seen in sandals.
b9ec97660ed3dc922d704278c651c90a.jpg

Personality
+Motivated, Energetic, Optimistic, Innovative
-Erratic, Random, 'Big-Mouthed', Clingy

WIP

Biography
WIP

Quirks and Peculiarities
-Unhealthy obsession with lollipops / candy
-Is never seen without candy on his person
-Eats when stressed
-Always has to have a sense of purpose or he becomes depressed

Likes and Dislikes
+Candy
+Trying New Things
+Meeting New People
-Coffee
-Taking Pills
-Being Forced to do Anything

Hobbies and Interests
-Extreme Sports
-Cooking
-Working
*Allen will essentially jump at the chance to do anything he hasn't done before. He enjoys getting an adrenaline rush which usually comes about after he's done something borderline (or completely) crazy, though an alternate source is feeling a sense of completion in any task he has been given.

Theme
[Good grief theme songs are hard. >.> I'll find one eventually. I hope.]​

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Link
(@Dreamer) where are you hiding, warrant officer Schrödinger?

The Porcelain Princess

Sawasawa.600.1710341.jpg

"How do you escape a labyrinth of forgotten memories?"​

Name: Kuro, Akane
Nicknames: "Kaneku" & "Hime"
Nationality: Japanese

Appearance: Akane has always been a cute girl, a lovely lady, a beautiful woman. Since a child she has grown into her porcelain skin which has always been unnaturally pale, even though she is constantly out in the sun, her skin remains snowkissed. With bright and straight pale blonde hair to match, she is both elegant and regal in the same regard. There is something about her appearance that is unearthly and mysterious, even at her worst she can be considered pure. Although her most striking feature are her brilliant green eyes, which is where most of her pigment lies. However, if one is to look closely at her features it can be seen that a twisted purple scar mars her nearly perfect facial features. The scar runs from beneath her left eye and down her cheek, continuing along her jawline and collar which she covers with high necked lace shirts, a favorite of her wardrobe. The scar is a result of something that happened long ago, a memory that she cannot quite recollect. She has always dressed quite fancifully, lace and velvet are her favorite materials, and skirts are wonderful to wear. Though this sometimes does not match her manic personality.

Personality: Ranging from sweet, to cruel and distant, Akane runs hot and cold. Though at the base of her personality she is a sweet idealist there is a part of her that can sometimes speak louder and become more dominant. Wistful but mature, she is in essence dreamer's royalty, with always an imaginative take on her surroundings and what she sees. Akane is also very forgetful, never quite remembering where she placed something, or someone's name. Then there are moments when she has a hard time remembering what her name is, and she can become quite violent and cruel. However, despite her downfalls, she can see things that others sometimes can't. The bigger picture is what concerns her, not it's details, though inner-workings fascinate her, she is much more concerned with "why?" and the end.

Biography: There was not much of a childhood for Akane, for the woman her life simply began 12 years ago. She remembered waking up, her name, and the name to a psychiatrist, and nothing of her past. No amount of medicine and therapy helped with this fact, her memories from before her "awakening" at 18 are simply locked away. The only key to all of this, is the scar that marks her face. In fact it's quite strange, not a single person recognized her in her supposed workplace, apartment building, or favorite restaurant. It was as if she all at once just existed one day, and before then she was nobody. So, she simply just lived from that time on, going from day to day making new memories which she says do not feel like they belong to her. However, every once in a while, she dreams of a smiling woman and frowning man. When she wakes up her scar aches even though it is a very old scar. Since her mid twenties, she stopped seeing her first psychiatrist and instead began therapy with a new woman who she says agrees with her better. Around the same time she found work with the TDP, how exactly it happened she can never quite recall. It was a rainy night and a faceless man offered her a position, one she knew she could not refuse. Afterall photography, though she was very good at it, could not pay all the "bills" she had. Since then she has been working for the Tokyo Death Purgers, in fact many of her memories are within the service. She calls life before the Purgers "Death" and after she joined "Afterlife".

Quirks and peculiarities:
Akane has a very wistful nature, but an extremely morbid sense of humor.
There are times when Akane can be a completely different person, one who is violent and cold. During these times, those who call themselves friend become foe. This is not a separate personality as she answers to her name, and remembers who she is for the most part. Instead it is as if reality has done a horrible switch on her.
She calls everyone "Darling", stranger or acquaintance.
Whenever she takes a photo, she makes two hard copies, one for her portfolio and one to tack onto her wall so she can more easily recall "Beauty".
There are times when Akane will remain very quiet and stare off into the distance, humming the same song she always does, and when asked what she was humming she will laugh and reply the same way she always does, "Darling I wasn't humming anything, I was just remembering how beautiful the cherry blossoms were in the spring."
Her love of death stems from "The beauty in stillness and the end of a vicious cycle"
She gives times/memories/moments titles constantly
Her memory is awful, but when it comes to her photographs it is crystal clear.

Likes and dislikes:
Piano Music / Loud Sudden Noises
Rain / Large Crowds
Cherry Blossoms / Funerals
Candid Photos / The Color Yellow
Death / Crying

Hobbies and interests:
◊ Playing the piano, although sometimes she plays as though she has never had a lesson in her life, there are moments when she plays with a beautiful finesse and natural talent.
◊ Photography of course.
◊ Memories, hearing about people's life. Basically she credits herself of being a collector and purveyor of other's memories since she doesn't have many of her own.
◊ She also collects music boxes, and has an extraordinary collection.

Wtf!? Dreamer left the site. >.< not cool. I was enjoying this rp despite it's slow movement.

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Oh jeez, you're right! Eugh, even the briefest of announcements and apologies would've been appreciated... >_>

Indeed. A little common courtesy would've been appreciated. He didn't even name a successor gm for this rp! I joined because it was put together extremely well.

Well damn. I say Victor lead it. (Not even technically in this roleplay)

I thank you for your vote of confidence, @Rosie Blue. But I think @Moogle-Girl would be a better choice for a new gm for this rp.

Although, Dreamer had all the pieces to the puzzle.

Looks like it's over. I had some fun and made a character for myself, so that's good enough for me.

If anyone would like me for a roleplay, I'm always looking for invites! It's been fun RPing with you guys, even if Lilou didn't talk to any of you.

And for the whole vote thing, I think we should scrap the idea, I don't think anyone would like to give up their character. But if someone must, I'd say Void_coffin or Moogle-Girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Victor Markov
*holds up hands defensively* I hate taking over characters or plots for other people. ;-; And I doubt that a change of GM would work anyway, what with how puzzle-oriented this thing is. You'd need to get the whole story from Dreamer.

Which is impossible because he jumped ship.

Aww, it's too bad that Dreamer is gone. I had sort of put my CS on hold for awhile since I was busy but I was really looking forward to joining. :) I think I'll just finish Allen anyway, perhaps use him for something else after tweaking a few things (I absolutely LOATHE the picture I have for him at the moment but I couldn't find anything else haha).

Reactions: Link
Status
Not open for further replies.