To save a kingdom

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
He smiled none the less, releasing a sigh at her words. It was contented and relieved that she had taken his innuendo well. A bit of surprise came with her words though, almost disappointment that she thought she was troubling him more with her words. The kiss more than made up for it however. She had managed to shock him with it, after all he hadn't expected such so soon. He wouldn't complain however, watching her as she pulled away and laid down her head facing him. Rolling back to his side once more he moved a bit closer just to offer some more warmth before pulling some of the larger furs over them, knowing the fire would die through the night and it would get cooler in the room. "Good night, my queen." He spoke, the last part not coming out as a formality, more as a sign of adoration.

"Sweet dreams.. my king" she replied softly, a bit surprised at how sincere and genuine it sounded -not at all like something he was obligated to call her. She silently thanked him for pulling the fur up and over then, snuggling a little closer to him and closing her eyes after a few sleepy blinks. She didnt think sleep would come so quickly, after all she was no longer in the comfort of her own bed, she was in someone else's -Then again, it was now her bed too, however she would not have felt so welcome if not for him. Her light slumber deepened with time, for she knew that she had a big day ahead of her tomorrow.

A slight chuckle escaped him as she returned his sentiment, it was a bit entertaining. It almost made him want to kiss those delicate lips once more, though he refrained, controlling himself. Watching her slip into the warm embrace of sleep he smiled before allowing it to take him as well. He was a sound sleeper, slipping out to the halls after dressing in rather unregal plain clothes. He went about, making sure the preparations were being made for his marriage in just a few hours. A few maids would make their way to wake his soon to be wife, bringing her food, drink, clothes to choose from for her wedding day.

Adalia had awaken just before the maids arrived, she had been brushing her hair when they emerged from the door, holding dresses, food, and drink. After eating, she began inspecting the dresses carefully -one thing she did pride herself most in was her appearance because after all she was a princess and she needed to the look the part - after some deliberation, she decided on a beautiful blue and white dress that she had, had her eye on the moment the maids had entered, they helped her into it, tying the lace and bows that decorated it, wearing her hair in a long elegant french braid, leaving a few stray curls to linger near her face. After her make up -which wasnt a lot because she liked the natural look, she was ready, and also nervous.. it was after all her wedding day. The maids led her down the hallway and to a room that had two doors parallel to each other, one was the one she had walked into, and the other led to the aisle she would be walking down. She knew she probably would not see the king before the wedding so she didnt even ask of his where abouts. "How do you feel?... today you will wed our Lord! I cannot say I'm not a bit jealous" One of the maids asked as they made last minute touch ups to her hair. The girl simply took a deep breath and smiled. "I am happy.. yet more nervous than anything else"

Though today was a happy day, nearly on the other side of the world, where Gallia resided, today was a very dark day.. the kingdom was destroyed, small fires were every where, women running away from soldiers, men dying trying to defend them and themselves, and statues of gods worshiped being knocked down and destroyed.. and all the while, Cyrus who was the chief in charge of this attack sent by his king of Perhaedian stood in the mist of it, a rather bored expression on his face -even though the king had been dead days now by natural causes, they mutilated his body anyways, putting his head on a stake and mounting it in front of the gates to the castle, the task was almost complete now.. all they had to do was find the princess - not a drop of royal blood was to be left in Gallia. "We've searched the land sir.. she's no where to be found.. our soldiers believe she's fled.. or her father had her somewhere hidden" Cyrus's right hand man informed him as they walked along a path leading towards the main doors of the castle "Search the land once more.. if she's still not found then we will find her -someone around here knows her whereabouts... if she's fled, then we will search other lands.. bring wars with us if we must.. whatever it takes." He seethed.

The hall had been glorified, massive granite pillars hanging ornate flags, totems, prayers, sayings had all been sewn into the cobalt fabric. Cold loving flowers decorating the ground, a mass of people milling about as they awaited. At the very end, standing at his throne the king stood, a great wolf pelt around his shoulders, attached to a grand black cloak. His body sheathed in his armour, leather and greened bronze, gold highlights and markings crossing the piece. He looked rather regal in a feral barbaric lord sense. A smile remained on his face while he stood, one of the many priests standing by him. All eyes upon the door. One servant taking the hint and opening the heavy oak, giving a nod to the maids to tell her she may enter.

Once they gave the okay the maids immediately collected Adalia, leading her out and towards the opening door. Seeing such a vast group of people here just for this special event made her eyes widen slightly in shock -she knew this would be a big day, but it was just so much to take in -everything looked absolutely stunning. Even though she knew that every ones eyes were now on her, her eyes were planted straight ahead and towards her son to be husbands. With her hands intertwined with the beautiful white flowers she in front of her, she began to step forward, slowly and elegantly, once she found the courage to face the eyes of the crowd, let her eyes travel towards it, smiling warmly before looking back towards the king himself. Once she was in front of him she stopped, glancing at the priest before joining her eyes with the kings once more, her smile tugging just slightly on the end as she took a deep, silent breath, her nervousness dying a little.

He smiled down at her, his breath had been stolen when she first entered and he fought to keep his composure as he regained it. Watching her slow approach he glanced to the priest as he made sure things were ready. With her in front of him he slowly reached out, taking the flowers and handing them to a near by servant before taking her hands within his own. The priest didn't speak, the crowd grew silent as a carmine strip of cloth was wrapped around their joined hands, tying them together. He still kept the gaze, the priest placing a small cup within their joined grasp. Ravenor gently lifted the cup, bringing it to her lips for her to drink the strange liquid. A strong bitterness at first only to meld into a sweetness better than honey. He would then bring it to his own before he drank, seeming unfazed by the liquid. The ceremony was a simple one it seems. He leaned in to place a stronger kiss upon her lips, this one more passionate, almost demanding while he flexed his hands within the binding, the cloth stretching and falling with the action. The cup falling and shattering. With that the crowd cried out in elation, the priest declaring them wed beneath the gods and her to be the new queen of Wolfhelm. "Welcome to your new life my queen." He spoke, bringing his hands up to cup her cheeks and pull her into another kiss, careful not to hurt her. Already the hall was being shifted, tables brought out, chairs placed at them, the grand feast was starting.

Adalia had never witnessed, let alone been apart of such a wedding, yet when it was all said and done.. she found it quite beautiful and symbolizing something much greater than just marriage.. but potential love. The first kiss surprised her with its dominance, yet it tasted beautiful all the same what with the liquid on her lips -a strange one, and sweeter than anything she had ever tasted. Once the glass shattered and the priest declared them wed under the gods and the crowd burst out in joy it made her stomach flutter at their approval -she had no idea if they would support this sudden marriage or not. Her smile only grew wider as pulled her in for another kiss which she gladly accepted, returning it with much passion, she then looked on as the room was being shifted, watching as they prepared for this feast, and not before long, it was completely ready - the king and her of course, sitting at the end of the grandest table of them all. Once seated, she turned to her king, sipping her wine and smiling "This feast is wonderful.. this ceremony.. everything.. Im speechless.. I cant believe that Im actually married" she expressed genuinely and excitedly -despite the circumstances, the day a princess becomes a queen is something very, very special to them, as much as a prince values becoming a king.

He smiled as she spoke, sipping his own tankard of ale, as was his preference. "Well, you are my dear, you are now the queen of my lands." He spoke gently touching her upper arm while he nodded only to have his attention away as food was brought to them. A great roast turkey, potatoes vegetables, sweets, they were all laid out before them. He could only smile more before already beginning to cut off meat and plate it for him and her, allowing her to choose what else she wished of course. His people had their customs, and some things were just him being chivalrous. Letting his eyes trail to her once more he gave a nod, music beginning in the room while he began to eat. Words were less important for now, actions the same, for now he would simply enjoy the feast and her company.

Adalia silently thanked him with a smile as he plated food for her and himself, before letting her eyes feast on the many festivities going on around the area -it seemed the people of his land were very happy that their lord was now wed, not at all upset that they barely knew her, then again she had all the time in the world now to acquaint herself with them. She then began to eat the delicious food put before her, drinking the fresh wine and enjoying everything and everyone around her -before she knew it she had, had at least 5 glasses of wine and it was then that she decided to stop drinking, she didnt want to turn into a fool of the night and become a drunken mess, no matter what the occasion, first impressions were of course everything. "So my king.. tell me, have you ever been in love before? or had any affairs with the ladies in your castle? I cant imagine this whole time you've been to yourself" she asked boldly.. the wine played a part in the bold and bluntness of the question, however she really was interested to know. For she knew that if she was completely sober, she would never have summoned the courage to ask such a question.

To say he was impressed with her ability to hold her liquor would be an understatement. He expected women of her type to be a bit of a lightweight in such areas, simply because he came from a drinking culture. None the less he had easily finished a good many ales by the time she spoke up. He nearly spit hos own drink out with the question, confusion as to why she'd ask such now crossing him. "In love, no." He replied plainly giving a curt nod before continuing. "I once had a lover, when I was younger and more foolish, though it didn't last long or well." He spoke giving a sigh. "As for recently, those wanting near me wanted power, and I by no means wanted to give it so freely."

Adalia nodded understandingly, she knew how hard it was to find a lover -especially someone of his power, many came to her father trying to negotiate and arrange marriages, and she would have been likely married off to someone had this catastrophe never happened, someone she barely new -but that was tradition and thats how you remain powerful and with the company of many allies. "I see.. Ive never once been in love.. or had a lover.. Ive fancied a few men, but never pursued or had them pursue me.. my father was a very protective man, and to whom I was wed would have never been my decision" she spoke bitterly and with a sigh of her own, that had to be one of the hardest parts of being a princess in her eyes. She didnt want the lord or herself to marinate in the bitterness of love and all that, so she decided to change the subject, clearing her throat and smiling up to him. "I will not lie to you, Ive had a few drinks too many and I am quite beside myself, so forgive me for asking such questions.. ask me questions.. whatever you would like to know" she said lowly, so that only he would hear -she didn't want the whole party to know she was drunk.

The king cantered his head, listening closely to his wife while she spoke. A small frown appeared upon his lips, realizing he could have never met her if it hadn't been for this tragedy, it was a selfish thought to be thankful for it. He gave a small nod, reaching over to pat her shoulder as she admitted to her drunken state. "It is quite fine my dear." He spoke before he leaned over and placed a kiss to her lips for a moment before pulling back. "Tell me of your hobbies, what makes you happy."

She blushed at the unexpected kiss she received from him and smiled, letting one of her hands rest on top of his a moment before returning to the beautiful feast before them, waiting until her mouth was completely empty to speak again. "I love to swim. I think that's one of my favorite things to do... I also love to dance... I used to write poetry but lost the time to do so.. with age came responsibility.. " she informed him of the things she liked to do. "What about you? your hobbies and what not?"

He offered a consoling smile at her thoughts, "Well you will have time here my dear." He replied nodding to her before he leaned back. "I am a man of many interests I suppose, reading, sparring..." He spoke with a nod, "Loving you now." He added just to be a bit of a romantic. He was a hopeless at times but he had to. Reaching over he patted her thigh before looking out across the room as they began to file out, nodding to those who approached and offered congratulations and gifts.

"really? well perhaps I could spare with you one day .. train me .. you know, being the wife of a warrior makes it almost a necessity " she playfully suggested. smiling brightly as he added that loving her was now apart of his agenda which made her feel exceptionally special. She then helped him thank and greet everyone who offered gifts and blessings - the joy in the room was very warm and their accepting of her never ceased to amaze her. "Do you want children? and if so how many?"Adalia asked softly, before thanking the servant for filling her wine glass and sipping bit.

He raised a surprised eye at her willingness to spar with him, after all he was much larger than her. None the less he gave a nod to his wife, a smile forming upon his lips. He was taken aback by her question of children, "One boy would be nice... to have an heir." He replied giving a nod, knowing full well the issues that could come with having too many children. Seeing her drinking more made him chuckle, if she continued it could be a very entertaining night.

An entertaining night indeed - One thing that loosened with time when swayed by alcohol, was Adalia's tongue.. she became less up tight and more down to earth, worrying less and less what one might think of her -her first time getting drunk was when she was 16, and she ended up on the dance floor of her cousins wedding, moving like she never thought she could. Gallia's roots were mostly those of Egyptian and Middle Eastern decent, so belly dancing and other things like that were common - saving the up tight dancing for the more conservative lands and such. "1 Child? I can understand having an heir but how about 2? a boy and a girl?" she suggested with a raised eyebrow as she took another sip "Otherwise there would be too much testosterone in the castle" she chuckled out before swaying a little to the music and smiling at everyone. Of course she had no problem granting his wish, she wasnt opposed to making beautiful children with such a handsome man.

He offered a smile, giving a nod. "Two would be nice." He replied musingly before he cantered his head slightly while she began to sway. Slowly he stood, offering his hand to her. "Do you want to dance?" He asked with a smile, figuring she'd be better than him at the action but still he would love to see her upon the floor.

Adalia blushed as the king stood, offering his hand for hers which she took gladly, standing to her feet and smiling with a nod of approval. "I would love to dance with you" she mused, walking with her hand intertwined in his to the dance floor. She placed both of his hands on her waist with a another shy smile before swaying to the beat of the music, letting it guide her as they were forced close by the intimacy of the song -the instruments creating an elegant song for 2. "When is the last time you danced your highness?" she asked him playfully. He seemed to be a man of such seriousness to her, with that in her mind she was sure it had been a while.