To save a kingdom

He offered her a small smile, taking her hand in a firm but kind grasp. His hand calloused by years of holding the sword and spear. Gently he leaned forward and placed a kiss upon it. "I would hate to mar your knees by making you kneel upon this rock." He spoke with a nod before he stood. He was a decent bit taller than her, his body broad and built, the epitome of a warrior. "I will even do what I can to save your kingdom."

She smiles at his kindness and tilts her head a little "Im afraid the invasion has already come.. I was sent away last night and was told not to look back by my father before he died.. I am forever in your debt for all you have done already.. you did not have to take me in like this.. thank you.. my lord" she says softly and with a blush as her eyes glue to his and she watches him stand before her. "You're kingdom is lovely.." she speaks honestly, looking around at the decor on his walls "A man of war I see"

((I too am addicted to "some nights" I just wish they hadn't had the autotune at the end.))
His face grew a bit more serious while she spoke of the invasion, a small sigh escaped him. "Then war." He spoke simply, like it was an every day concept to him. It would take days or weeks to prepare but he'd fight for the girl who had the courage to offer herself to him. Her compliment was not lost on him as he nodded, "Thank you, I take pride in my cold domain." He spoke with a chuckle, "My people are of war, it is in our blood... we used to be savages, raiders, we have grown more civilized but we still have the urge to fight." A small nod came from him as he looked to his soon to be wife. "We shall be wed in the morning, just so you know."

(Yes, I admit the auto tune was a bit much towards the end, but unlike a lot of songs, doesn't completely consume the song, plus the lyrics are awesome ^_^ ... also, sorry about your girlfriend :/ )

"War? you need not put your army on the front line for my country.. but if you wish.." her voice trailed off, remembering that her army was outnumbered, and she needed to learn to accept help when it was offered. Adalia listened closely to his tales of how his people used to be and what they had become, she nodded "Yes well, Im glad you arent such savages anymore.. it would have made my decision to come here that much more difficult" she giggled, letting her hand cover her mouth for a moment as she did so before listening to his next comment. Her job as a princess was to do what was right for the kingdom at all costs - even this. She had been prepared her whole life to be married to a strong lord, even under the circumstances these teachings would prove useful. She was a strong woman after all. "Yes. I understand." She replied before clearing her throat a little and walking to one of the many paintings on his walls. "If.. if you don't mind my asking.. why aren't you already married?... you're the handsome lord of a brilliant kingdom.." She explained her question, before turning back around to face him "I dont see a reason you should not already belong to someone... or is it that the lord is picky?" she asked with the raise of an eyebrow.

((It's alright, she was cheating on me))
"We are bred for it, if nothing else it gets the men active. We are an odd people I suppose, eager to fight, not afraid of death..." He replied looking to her while she giggled, a slight smile forming on his own lips while he nodded to her. As she walked about and questioned him he lowered his arms and sighed. "My people are not the most, accepting of new comers as you saw from my council, and many simply want to make an alliance worth nothing with my kingdom... I am picky in that sense..." He spoke as he approached her once again, moving near. "You had noble intentions and courage."

(Wow, then she didnt deserve you anyways. Stay strong ! )
"Thank you.. but if they dont accept me now how will they ever accept me as your wife?... hopefully, they will grow to like me" she sighed, turning back towards him. Adalia then nodded in thanks as he complimented her courage to come to his kingdom. "Yes well... sometimes for the greater good certain things must be done, I know in the end that this choice is best" she explained in a hushed tone. "How long had you been waiting for me there in the shadows of this room?" she asked softly, sweeping her eyes across the area and then staring back into his eyes.

(Thanks)
"They will have to accept you if they wish to maintain their position in the kingdom." He replied plainly with a roll of his shoulders. His eyes glanced over her, a bit amazed she wasn't still freaking out at his own nudity. "That is why I chose to let you join my kingdom, you understand what must be done and will do it!" He replied with a nod. Her question made him chuckle, "I have been observing you since you arrived. You just never noticed me."

Adalia was amazed that he would make his council step down if they opposed her being his queen - she felt important, more important than she thought she would be here. Adalia of course, noticed the lords nudity, however out of respect she hadn't said anything nor did she let her eyes travel below his waist, her cheeks maintained the same rosy color at the situation however, and she nodded when he appraised her once more. "Thank you.. once again for everything.. " she murmured with a slight curtsey. "Is that so? well you are quite the sneaky one aren't you?" she flirtatiously added, smiling and keeping her eyes on his "Ahem... aren't you.. aren't you cold?" she asked hesitantly, hinting to the fact that he was in fact still nude.

A smile remained on his lips, noting her reaction to his words and appreciating her happiness with it. She was to be his wife, so her pleasure and happiness were quite important to him. Her question was responded with a throaty chuckle, "I do what I can, I was one of the guards that met you when you came even." He spoke with a smirk. The next came with a true laugh. "My kind find this to be almost balmy... there is a hot spring and a fire place in here after all."

Adalia smirked, tilting her head a little and crossing her arms "You are quite the sneaky one! I didnt even notice that you were one of the guards.. I was too nervous and didnt look anyone in the eyes" she admitted with a small chuckle, feeling foolish for doing so since everyone turned out to be so nice. "Yes well, that is true.. it is pretty warm in here" she agreed softly, pulling her robe a bit tighter around her.. though of course, it was nothing he hadnt seen just earlier. "The hot spring was just lovely.. and the fireplace is very cozy.. I believe Im going to like it here" she replied reassuringly, smiling brightly.

Her confidence only made him smile more, though the fact that she pulled the robe tighter did perk an eyebrow. "Well, I suppose you will sleep better tonight knowing you are welcome here." He spoke, turning and approaching a small chest. Pulling out a simple pair of loose pants he decided to offer her a bit of a reprieve just in case his nudity upset her.

Adalia let a breath of relief escape her lips as he expressed how she was welcome here -it really meant a lot coming from him considering she was technically now his consort and he was her husband soon to be, not to mention the lord of this land, her eyes then trailed to the loose pants he had pulled out, and she shook her head in disapproval "If you are more comfortable nude.. then stay nude, you've done so much for me, it would be something close to a sin to make you adjust yourself in any way to my customs... besides.. it is a bit warm in here.." she said softly, blushing a little as she let her fingers relax from her robes, allowing it to loosen, and then fall to her ankles.

A bit of surprise crossed him while she spoke, even more so as she allowed the robe to simply fall from her body. The slightest smirk crossed him as he placed the pants back upon the chest. Turning toward her fully he approached, caution, careful, he didn't want to frighten the girl after all. None the less he let his strong and calloused hand rest just upon her hip, closing the distance between them while he stared down at her. Care, compassion, it was an odd sigh upon such a strong face, but he did feel for the girl. She had proven herself to be worthy, proven herself to be stronger than even the suitors of his own lands. That was a trait worthy of adoration in his mind. "Well, I would offer that the bed is also quite warm..."

Adalia could feel her heart skip a beat as he approached her, she could tell that he was being cautious, considering how sensitive she was at a time like this and she appreciated him for that. As he placed his hand on her hip she could feel her heart now beating out of her chest, yet like a princess should, she kept her composure, and let her nervousness go as much as she could. She looked up to him and let a small smile tug at the corners of her lips at his comment. "It is getting rather late.. would you like to join me in it?" she asked quietly, the skin to skin contact with him made her even warmer than the room already was, a mans touch was something foreign to her -accept her father, and family of course. Intimacy was something she had yet to experience, she was a princess and forbidden to do so without being married -or at least, that was the rule of the kingdom she had come from.

"If you would wish..." He replied simply while he watched her, offering a smile none the less. He could feel her nervousness, it was almost tangible to all of his senses while he watched her. To an extent it was yet another of her attractive features. Of course he would wish to join her in bed, though he didn't want to push the girl too far before they are wed, even if they were to be betrothed the next day. The hand remained upon her hip, his eyes remaining upon her own while he gently led her into the bedroom, the large bed covered in various soft pelts and furs, the wood work around it intricately worked into various shapes, mainly of canine origin.

Adaliaa let herself be led to the very exotic bed -she had never seen such a bed before, what with its carefully designed wood work to match something of canine decent before -she could also tell just by standing there looking at it, that it was probably quite comfortable as well. She looked up to him, continuing to smile a little before crawling into the bed and letting her body sink into the soft furs upon it. Adalia then looked up to the king before her and blinked a few times, gazing at him, awaiting him to join her in the bed.. She hadn't the slightest clue if he expected anything from her tonight, but she was sure that she would find out soon. "Your sleeping quarters are very comfortable your majesty.." She spoke up, not wanting the silence and tension to completely fill the air.

He stayed near as she climbed into the bed, the warm furs enveloping her. It was an endearing sight to be sure, after all his bed wouldn't be so cold anymore. Slowly he slipped onto it as well, the soft cushion shifting a bit beneath him before he rolled to his side to face her. "Thank you." He spoke simply, keeping a bit of space between them. He wasn't going to ask for anything same for company this night, after all he wouldn't push her beyond her own customs after they had just met. Gently he reached out to her though, brushing a bit of hair from her face with a nod. "If my people know anything it is comfort to sleep on." A slight throaty chuckle escaped him while he rolled back onto his back and stretch.

Adalia was flattered at the lords chivalry -he wasn't pushing himself on her, or anything of the sort -if anything it seemed he was just happy that she was here. Adalia glanced down at the respected space he gave her and then blushed as he removed the hair from her face, chuckling at his comment. "Well again, thank you.. tomorrow is a big day.. I honestly cannot believe how fast everything happened... it seems as if I have lived more in these few weeks then I have my whole life.. first..the warning of invasion came.. then it came and quickly.. now Im laying in your bed.. and I will be married tomorrow.. and despite everything, I haven't lost my mind or broken down.. Im content." She concluded, hesitantly putting her hand on top of his, running her fingers along the scars from battle. She let her eyes trail back up to his, with a small smile and a tilt of her head "You're. not nearly as ruthless as I thought you would be.. your peoples reputation made you out to be something you aren't.. at least I don't see it.. the savage in you" she giggled.

A curious brow rose with her statement. "You have only known me for a day, you haven't seen me fight nor have you see what I am capable of in... other areas..." He replied with a nod. "While I will say my people are exaggerated, don't count me out as simply a lover." He spoke with a slight teasing tone while he nodded to her. The male was more than capable of being the barbarian she had expected... in his own mind he would call himself an "Intellectual Brute." Enjoying a good read every now and then as well as being more than capable in a fight. He could be the tenderest of lovers or the most primal of mates. His mode and those around him shaped his attitudes towards such.

Adalia giggled at the hints he was making she knew exactly what he meant, and she didn't doubt him in the slightest. "Yes I know.. I can tell you have a savage side, your scars don't lie... however I can see a softer side in you.. just in this small time we've known each other.. the eyes don't lie" she informed him, staring into them. His eyes looked very soft to her. "I don't want to keep you up with my talking, Im sure Ive already troubled you and your kingdom enough for one night..." she concluded with a small sigh, before smiling back up at him and then leaning in slowly, and kissing his lips - a short yet meaningful one, before settling in and laying her head on the pillow facing him.