Times of War: Both Group OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Times of War

Beg my pardon, I never played Dragon Age, but if possible, I'd still like to do this. I think I'll look more into it now.

no need to apologize or anything! You don't have to know a lot about DA to play. If you have any questions, let me know. It's a very standard fantasy :3

The Dragon Age wiki (http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki) is also super useful, Verbal.

Also, Esthalia - I don't want to sound naggy or anything, but is my character alright? :) I definitely did my best to stick Morven in the world of Dragon Age (I had like 50 tabs open for research or something) and I hope that's okay, since its just a Dragon Age-Styled world and stuff. I also did something weird with the Desire Demon thing, but I wanted to leave that kind of open, as you can Do What You Would Will...

The Dragon Age wiki (http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki) is also super useful, Verbal.

Also, Esthalia - I don't want to sound naggy or anything, but is my character alright? :) I definitely did my best to stick Morven in the world of Dragon Age (I had like 50 tabs open for research or something) and I hope that's okay, since its just a Dragon Age-Styled world and stuff. I also did something weird with the Desire Demon thing, but I wanted to leave that kind of open, as you can Do What You Would Will...

Oh! Yes! I'm sorry I never said anything :[ It's approved and I love it!

Awesome, thanks! Can't wait to see this get going!

Estha! I wana start! Pleeeaaassseee!

I would like to start as well if possible. :3 I think we need figure out why are characters are traveling together though. :/ We need a common goal or need for them, especially since some of them are practically born enemies. :> Also, why are the people at war in the first place? O.o

Morven is here to spread love and tolerance.
Because that's totally what Templars do.
Totally.

Name: Father Vale (Real name unknown)

Race: Human

Class: Mage - Spirit Healer

Personal Bio:

On an uncharted island far off in the sea, the wreckage of a warship washes ashore a beach, the waves bringing tattered remains of the vessel onto the warm sands of a tropical paradise. Among the debris are several human corpses, only but few of many who'd lost their lives in the conflict that claimed them. One of the bodies, however, has not yet accepted death, still clinging on to life by a thread, too stubborn to let himself die in such a manner. He drifts in and out of consciousness, his last glimpse being that of a blurry figure approaching his limp, mangled form before his memory faded to black.

He'd awaken several days later, to the same figure looming over him in his sleep, who apparently brought him back to their home, what appeared to be a simple hut. As his sight slowly returned to him, he was finally able to make out their face; it was an elderly woman, with the most intense pair of blue eyes he'd ever seen, staring down at him with a concerned look. Just looking at her was giving him a headache... as he was regaining consciousness, he began to feel a deep painful sensation in his left eye, and went to grasp it in reaction... only to feel nothing. Panicking, he turned his head down to look at his arm, only to find a bandaged stump in its place. The sudden realization and ensuing pain made him writhe, shivering in silent agony, unable to even vocalize his anguish. Taking pity on the miserable man, the woman placed her palm on his forehead, an opaque blue-ish white aura suddenly emanating from her hand. As quickly as the pain had found him, it vanished. The only thing he felt now was fatigue, as he once again faded into slumber.

Over the course of the next several years, he came to terms with his condition, his rage gradually diminishing under the guidance of the patient old mystic. In its place came a sort of inner harmony, the elderly old woman taking him under her wing and teaching him her ways, how to revere life, to understand and sympathize with even the most wretched of creatures. For the first time in his life, he had found true peace.

When a merchant vessel happened by the island by chance, he parted ways with the venerable old healer, thanking her for everything she'd done for him. When he arrived at a mainland port, he shed his former identity entirely, taking on the alias 'Father Vale' as he traveled from place to place, aiding those who are in suffering and teaching others to forgive as he had.

Physical description:

Vale is around five and a half feet tall, with somewhat tan skin and long graying hair that's tied back into a ponytail, with short scruffy facial hair to match. His averagely built body is covered head-to-toe in a myriad of scars. One of his eyes is completely white, and he's blind in that eye, though his remaining good eye is a dark brown color. He also, as mentioned previously, is missing most of his left arm, his forearm having been entirely removed. Normally he's garbed in a simple dark blue robe, tied together with a white cloth wrap, with wooden sandals on his feet, and a gnarled walking staff clutched in his remaining hand.

((Mmmmkay then, hope that's good enough. >_>;))

Name: Father Vale (Real name unknown)

Race: Human

Class: Mage - Spirit Healer

Personal Bio:

On an uncharted island far off in the sea, the wreckage of a warship washes ashore a beach, the waves bringing tattered remains of the vessel onto the warm sands of a tropical paradise. Among the debris are several human corpses, only but few of many who'd lost their lives in the conflict that claimed them. One of the bodies, however, has not yet accepted death, still clinging on to life by a thread, too stubborn to let himself die in such a manner. He drifts in and out of consciousness, his last glimpse being that of a blurry figure approaching his limp, mangled form before his memory faded to black.

He'd awaken several days later, to the same figure looming over him in his sleep, who apparently brought him back to their home, what appeared to be a simple hut. As his sight slowly returned to him, he was finally able to make out their face; it was an elderly woman, with the most intense pair of blue eyes he'd ever seen, staring down at him with a concerned look. Just looking at her was giving him a headache... as he was regaining consciousness, he began to feel a deep painful sensation in his left eye, and went to grasp it in reaction... only to feel nothing. Panicking, he turned his head down to look at his arm, only to find a bandaged stump in its place. The sudden realization and ensuing pain made him writhe, shivering in silent agony, unable to even vocalize his anguish. Taking pity on the miserable man, the woman placed her palm on his forehead, an opaque blue-ish white aura suddenly emanating from her hand. As quickly as the pain had found him, it vanished. The only thing he felt now was fatigue, as he once again faded into slumber.

Over the course of the next several years, he came to terms with his condition, his rage gradually diminishing under the guidance of the patient old mystic. In its place came a sort of inner harmony, the elderly old woman taking him under her wing and teaching him her ways, how to revere life, to understand and sympathize with even the most wretched of creatures. For the first time in his life, he had found true peace.

When a merchant vessel happened by the island by chance, he parted ways with the venerable old healer, thanking her for everything she'd done for him. When he arrived at a mainland port, he shed his former identity entirely, taking on the alias 'Father Vale' as he traveled from place to place, aiding those who are in suffering and teaching others to forgive as he had.

Physical description:

Vale is around five and a half feet tall, with somewhat tan skin and long graying hair that's tied back into a ponytail, with short scruffy facial hair to match. His averagely built body is covered head-to-toe in a myriad of scars. One of his eyes is completely white, and he's blind in that eye, though his remaining good eye is a dark brown color. He also, as mentioned previously, is missing most of his left arm, his forearm having been entirely removed. Normally he's garbed in a simple dark blue robe, tied together with a white cloth wrap, with wooden sandals on his feet, and a gnarled walking staff clutched in his remaining hand.

((Mmmmkay then, hope that's good enough. >_>;))

It's wonderful! Accepted!

I would like to start as well if possible. :3 I think we need figure out why are characters are traveling together though. :/ We need a common goal or need for them, especially since some of them are practically born enemies. :> Also, why are the people at war in the first place? O.o

I'm currently working on some important back story for us and weaving in why we would all be getting together :3 It's going to take a little bit. But it will be WORTH IT! :3

Geography to know: Dividing Ferelden from Orlais to the west are the Frostback Mountains. The southeast holds the Brecilian Forest, where the Dalish elves can be found. To the far south are the forbidding forests, swamps and eventually tundra of the Korcari Wilds. To the north of the Wilds lie the Southron Hills and the Hinterlands. The central region of Ferelden contains Lake Calenhad and The Bannorn. In the far northern region are The Coastlands, which include more swamps and forests.

Notes to know:
*Ferelden's coastline faces the Waking Sea to the north and the Amaranthine Ocean to the east.

*In the west are Lake Calenhad, the arling of Redcliffe, and the entrance to the dwarven kingdom of Orzammar. Orlais lies beyond mountain passes further west.

*The Bannorn is effectively the "bread-basket" of Ferelden, containing the most arable land.

*The cities of Highever and Amaranthine sit on Ferelden's northern coast.

*In the northeast is the capital Denerim, at the base of Dragon's Peak.

*The east is dominated by the Brecilian Forest, with the coastal city of Gwaren to the far southeast, connected by the Brecilian Passage.

*To the south, beyond the ruins of Ostagar, lie the Korcari Wilds. A vast region beyond the Wilds remains uncharted.

*Ferelden has two islands off its northeast coast: one containing the city of Alamar and another named Brandel's Reach. Alamar is considered rather independent of Fereldan politics. This could be explained by the rocky Brandel's Reach reputedly being a haven for raiders, making Alamar an unpopular place to live or visit.

The beginning:
Recruited for whatever reason (I will leave this up to you), your character is brought to Ostagar. In this game, there is no such thing as a Grey Warden and there is no "joining ritual". You will simply be briefed on your current mission and sent out into the Korcari Wilds.
We will be broken into two teams.

One will consist of:
Elf-female- Rogue/Ranger: Neviha & Wardog/pet-male-: Esessar
Human-male-Warrior/Templar: Ser Morven Dayne
Human-male-mage/spirit healer: Father Vale
Human-Female-Warrior/?: Colette
This group is in charge of going into the wilds to find another party who was sent out to survey how close the Darkspawn have come.

The second group of:
Human-female- Mage/Shapeshifter: Anne
Dwarf-male- Rogue/Beserker: Hibce
Elf-male- Rogue/Duelist: Scathach
Human-male- Warrior/Champion: Ox
This group is in charge of finding a deserter who made off with some very important supplies and war documents.

( all information for this is being supplied by the Dragon age Wiki :3 )

I think Anne will have been in some settlement when soldiers were there and got conscripted into the army, and then later got taken to Ostagar. It won't be originally known that she is a mage and others will simply think she is some strange wild woman that likes to fight with a spear. She'll be put on the expedition to find the deserter who fled into the wilds because she used to live in the wilds herself and is assumed to have some experience tracking. Only once they get into real danger or trouble will she reveal her true powers.

What do you think? Does it sound logical enough?

I think Anne will have been in some settlement when soldiers were there and got conscripted into the army, and then later got taken to Ostagar. It won't be originally known that she is a mage and others will simply think she is some strange wild woman that likes to fight with a spear. She'll be put on the expedition to find the deserter who fled into the wilds because she used to live in the wilds herself and is assumed to have some experience tracking. Only once they get into real danger or trouble will she reveal her true powers.

What do you think? Does it sound logical enough?

That seems wonderful!! Good thing I didn't put you in the group with the templar ;D

That seems wonderful!! Good thing I didn't put you in the group with the templar ;D
Indeed, apostates and Templar don't generally go well together. :> The two groups will meet each other eventually though? Right? By then Anne should be a valuable enough member of her group so that they wouldn't want to get rid of her.

Oooooh! I hope other people post soon so we can start. :B

We should start right now! It be more fun to start now before I have to get off for an hour or more >.> but then again I don't want it to be a rushed intro so =/

Well, we could start where all of them have just recently been briefed on their mission and are just gathering their gear and talking to the other recruits before they head out.

My idea was that they are all aware of their missions and just settling in to the camp before heading out. Giving them a chance to all talk (within their groups) before they are sent out into the wilds.

I will not be able to start the RP right away, but i might be able to start it later today. It's a tricky day for me.

Noo! Estha starts now! Da FOO demands it! =P

I like the idea of them talking before the mission, maybe fleshin out some quirks between them an stuffs! I am so excited for this one though =3

Ok. :< At least I know we'll be starting soon. :3 I guess it gives the other people time to see what's happening and think up a reason for why their people are in the army. :)

Great, Morven has the dog, an elf, and the priest. THEY COULD NOT POSSIBLY COMPARE TO HIS TEMPLAR SELF.

Naturally, dark-spawn are hideous abominations that crawled out of the darkness. The Maker has sent them to challenge Morven; and indeed, all templars. It is entirely possible that he was traveling to Ostagar for the express purpose of killing the darkspawn, and challenging whatever new evil faces Ferelden. That being said, he had heard that Templars and members of the Chantry sometimes wander through the Wilds, and are never heard from again -- that could have been his official purpose for coming towards Ostagar, before being swept up in the purging of the Blight.

Status
Not open for further replies.