Time to accept help

Micah looked at his sister, feeling her forehead, she was warm from the medicine from her body. Sayomi was only part vampire. They were only half siblings. their father had him with another vampire, and had her with a mortal, who after gave birth, he decided to feast on. He sat her up, forcing her to stay. She was able to sit, but she still not fully awake. "She has lived for many years. Though it is not what she wants, it would not be the first time something like that has happened to my sister." He said dully. "I am going to go and get one of the guards. The blood will help her body get rid of the toxins." He stated as he stood up. There was no point in telling him much more. He knew that they would not be around much longer. He left them to do whatever they wanted. For now, he knew that they were all drugged and wouldn't be able to go very far. He was not going to let himself be beaten to death by his sister for him not trusting her again.

Demetri's eyebrows furrowed at the horror of knowing that if he wouldn't have saved her...it wouldn't have been the first time she suffered from being taken advantage of. He watched as Micah took off, noting everything he told him. "Sayomi, you're okay now," Demetri breathed to her, placing a hand on top of hers. He rubbed his thumb soothingly over her knuckles, wishing there was something else he could do. Dockus came over, with one of the other little one's named Willow. Her hair was of the lightest blonde, which contrasted with her tan complexion. "Is she alright?" Willow asked in a wondered tone. Demetri nodded shortly, nodding to reassure himself more than Willow.

Sayomi leaned forward putting her head on his shoulder. She had just rested there for a bit. She had heard the little girl. It took her a bit to actually respond, even though she thought that it was an instant reaction. "If you keep building these walls, brick by brick towers so tall, soon I won't see you at all, Till the concrete angel falls... I knew who you were from the start.. But now I don't know who you are.. Soon there will be nothing at all.. Till the concrete angel falls.." She sang softly out loud. If it was more for her, or for them, she wasn't sure. All she knew was that it was what she wanted to do. Where her head was, she could hear Demetri's heart beat. It was soothing to her. It made her feel less alone, and less unsure of what was happening. She was coming to a little bit more, but not as much as she wanted to be yet. She still could only occasionaly see, or at least remember what she saw. Or if her eyes were even open.

Willow looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and wonder now completely taking over her being. "What's wrong with her?" Willow asked again. Demetri soothingly smoothed her hair back, rubbing soft circles into her back softly to help her relax. "Shh," he advised her. "Don't want you to get sick again, just breath. Micah's getting you something to feed on," he told her lightly. Dockus patted Sayomi's shoulder, then walked off to go sit with the others and take care of the others as well.

When Sayomi felt the small hand on her shoulder she laughed softly. "I must scare them." She just breathed, listening to him. When she head that her brother was bringing her something to eat she sat straight up, trying to slow her vision down enough that she could stand up. "No! No! NO!" She said loudly as she blankly looked at him for a moment as her vision went in and out. " I am not eating nothing. You have to stop him.." She placed her hand on his cheek, looking him in what she assumed was his eyes. "Please Demetri..." She said gently. She didn't want to eat anyone, pr anything. She wasn't hungry, not to mention, that with all these people around, it just didn't feel right. It always felt wrong to begin with, but when there was someone close by, it felt even worse that usual.

Demetri held in a jump, as Sayomi began to yell no loudly. He shushed her quickly, not wanting any of the soldiers to hear her or anything. He watched as she became frantic, looking at his forehead rather than his eyes as she placed a hand on his cheek. "It's too late, he already left and you need to if you want to get better. You've been throwing up constantly, and you're really warm. Looks like they gave you much stronger drugs than the rest of us. Please, you have to, Sayomi," his voice faltered as he said her name. Demetri was under stress, which made him a tad vulnerable and his feelings more open.

Micah came running back to the clearing, shoeing everyone on. "You must leave! They are coming, and in large numbers. You need to leave now." He walked over to his sister, and tilted her head up. "Sai. You need to calm down ok? They are going to need your help. They probably only got this far because of you. You are smart. He held out his bare arm to her. "It will help a little until you can find something else. You need to clear mind. Just like we taught. Remember what Mother taught us. Remember." Sayomi still was not told about their mothers being different. Micah himself had just found out a few weeks ago.

Sayomi looked at her brother, He was the only family that she had left. She closed her eyes, and bit down gently. It was enough to get blood, but not enough to hurt, or drain him. Just to help her body push the toxins out. She only drank a small amount. She felt sick again, to the point of nearly throwing up. Even through the sickness, she was able to think a bit more clearly. Not much, but still noticable, and her vision was as in and out. "Help them find the caverns. I will give him general directions, but you will need to help with the rest." He kissed her forehead, then looked at Demetri.

"You need to get to the town of Matison. It is about a hours run to the north. There, we have a family friend that owns the hotel. You will know which one. He will supply you with rooms once he seems her. No matter that you are werewolves or not. You will be fine. I am trusting you with her. If that cames back to bite me in the arse, I will find you."

Demetri watched as she sank her teeth into the fallen man's throat. He saw the disgust in her eyes, seeing that she didn't even want to do this. When vampires fed Demetri found it disgusting, but this was Sayomi...so he didn't know what to feel. He cleared his mind, looking over to the others, seeing them getting ready to head out. Demetri took a deep breath, calming himself. He listened to Micah's directions, and nodded as he understood. He helped Sayomi up, needing her help more than he ever thought he would. "C'mon," he murmured as he helped her up. Demetri's twin--fraternal--brother jogged over to them. "We won't make it in time if we run. Some of the girls are getting tired, what do we do?" He asked Demetri.

He knew the answer Adyn was looking for, to shift. They would have to, if they wanted to make it safely. Demetri sighed, chewing his cheek as he thought of it. "Shift, only a few of you. The bigger wolves shift and take the kids on their backs. Stay hidden, and don't make too much noise," Demetri warned him. Adyn nodded, and walked over to the rest of the crowd.

"When they get about 15 miles outside of the town, they need to change back. There are many hunters there.. And other vampires..." Sayomi said as she looked at him. It was odd thinking of them changing. She held onto Demetri's arm as her knees gave way underneath them. "It used to be the main sort of war zone for werewolves and vampires. Once the humans went in, they made sure that the werewolves and vampires never came back...Only thing is.. That they did." Sayomi breathed heavily, trying to not to throw up again. Especially now that there was actually something in her system, she didn't want to loose what would help her get over the drugs faster.

She looked around, but her brother was already gone. He was probably going to try to lead them another way. She looked up at the man who not only risked his life to go and get from the cell, but also stayed when he could have just dropped her and ran. She was surprised when his brother came up. They looked similar in ways, but different in others. She was curious on how she had not noticed him sooner. Other then fact, that honestly, her attention had all been on Demetri or the young mom.

Demetri held her, deciding to just pick her up before she fell to the floor. "Alright, I'll them," Demetri looked behind his shoulder to see Adyn in his wolf form. "Didja' hear that?" Demetri murmured to him, and in reply Adyn snorted softly. Demetri nodded in return, and kept running with the group.
-
sorry, this was extremely short.

Sayomi held onto him tightly, afraid of falling. They were heading the the right way, and this would be a long run. There were many miles to cover in a short amount of time. She looked back, having a feeling in her gut that she shouldn't be leaving her brother behind. She looked away, trying to shake the feeling. Gently, she nuzzled Demetri's neck. "Why did you risk yourself for someone like me? What would you have to gain by it?" She asked him in a soft voice. She was very confused as to why he did it. Anyone else would have been smart and not do anything.

"Why not?" he quickly answered, dismissing the whole situation of helping her out. He didn't want to relive it, not yet. He continued running with her in his hands, trying to keep track of the mileage. He licked his dry lips, and came to a fast jog. Adyn and the other transformed wolves slowed down, the kids hopped off of their backs. They then changed into their human form, and took the kids onto their backs once more. They were almost there. Everyone remained silent, all you heard were the soft patter of their silent feet touching the ground.

Sayomi didn't say anything else. Once they got close enough, she hopped out of his arms. If she was seen that way, things could go south for everyone. It took her a moment to get her balance back. She looked at him, and raised her eye brows. She could see a bit better, but she still could see trails of movement, and her body still felt funny. She started to run with everyone else. She went in front of everyone, knowing that she was going to have to lead the way to the hotel, and to talk to the family friend.

It wasn't long before she could see the sign. She knew better then to let everyone just walk through the front door. "You guys need to stay here. Me and Demetri will go and talk to him to get the rooms. Once everyone is set, from there, everything else will get worked out. While we are there, we will not have to worry for the night." She yelled to them. They could go into a town as a big group. It would be too obvious. She didn't even really wait for him to follow her. Her mind was still not working up to par, and she knew that her body would only hold up the adrenalin of running for so long. She ran as fast as her drugged body would let her.

Still not checking to see if he was there when she reached the pub, she just threw a random rock at the window, knowing that Marcus would come running out. She counted to five before the man came running out screaming. She just stood there, smiling. He froze for a moment before he came over to her, and picked her up as he hugged her. She hugged him back, wrapping her legs around him. It was instinct. She knew that she was ok now, and that the families waiting in miles back would be too. "Woman, what the hell has happened to you!" He asked her.

"It is a long story Marcus, which will be explained. But we need help." She said as she stood back on her feet. "Marcus, this is Demetri. He helped me. Him and his family.. Which is a lot bigger then a few people if you get what I mean..." She said with a soft smile. "We need a safe place for th..." She didn't get time to finish before She was interrupted.

"I got this Sai. How many are there? I only have a few rooms with multiple beds. Plenty of single beds." He asked her. She hesitated before looking over at Demetri. She wasn't sure exactly how many people there was.

Demetri was going to object her from throwing the rock, but it was too late. He was on edge when the man came out, then he hugged Sayomi. Demetri's shoulders relaxed, having a feeling that his people were safe for the rest of the night at least. Once Say looked at him, he scrunched his eyebrows. Oh, they wanted to know how many of them were there. "There's at least forty-five of us. Eleven of them are kids, and they're small. They'll fit in single beds with some of us. Don't worry about the room, they just want to be safe," Demetri spoke sternly. He couldn't show weakness at a time like this.

Just as he was talking about the kids, he noticed Willow come to his leg. She leaned against it, and looked up at him. "Are we done running for the night?" she asked him, with hope in her eyes and exhaustion underneath them. Demetri picked her up, and she let her head rest on his shoulder lightly as she rubbed her eye with a soft first. "I think so," Demetri murmured to her softly. Sayomi was the center of Demetri's gaze, he waited for what was to come next.

Sayomi smiled as she saw the little girl. She walked over and gently took her from Demetri. "Let's let him go get the others. And I will take you inside for some food sweetness. Tell me. Do you like pie?" She asked the little girl. She hoped that she didn't scare her. But she knew the girl needed to eat and sleep. Especially if they ended up having to leave in the morning. She walked with the little girl into the pub. It was a monday night, so not a lot of men were there. She looked over her shoulder at Demetri with a smile of relief.

Marcus went over to Demetri. "We will put families in the rooms with more then one beds. Then from there we will start loading them up with kids and women." He already had it planned out. The men could fight over who got the beds, or if they were man enough to just share the beds. He started to walk the way out that Sayomi's scent came from. "So, enlighten me a bit about what has happened in the last few hours. I am going to guess that Micah had told you to come here. He stopped by saying that him and Sayomi would be coming. She is pretty drugged right now. It is very much obvious. I had known her mother. And known her since she was born. So, you can see why I know what is going on with her." Marcus almost wanted to mention the fact that he could feel something going on between the two of them. Whatever it was, he chalked up to everything that had happened.

Willow curled to the formation of Sayomi's body, letting her head rest on her shoulder now. She waved a soft hand at Demetri, knowing she'd see him later. Demetri noticed the smile on Sayomi's lips, and finally realized that he should calm down as well. His shoulders relaxed, and he looked over at Marcus who began giving him information while asking for some in return.

"That's fine...there are probably more kids than anything. My family is of ten, and they at least have three kids each of their own," he murmured to him softly. "The last few hours? She was almost taken advantage of. I saved her, we escaped, and we've been running ever since. If you're a friend of Sayomi, then I guess you're as good of a friend as mine, too," Demetri told him quietly. "I'll tell my brother's the plan," he told him quietly with a soft nod. "I just want to thank you for helping all of us. It really means a lot," he added.

Marcus gave a soft laugh. "Stop the tough guy act. If its on, it just worries people more." He said thinking of all the rooms. "I'll put you and your family all in rooms that conjoin. Sayomi I'll probably put on her own. Knowing her, she is going to not even feel comfortable to sleep because of most werewolves and vampires fighting." He shrugged and looked about, they were really close. "My other question now. Why would you save here?" He was extremely curious about that. He knew he probably wouldn't get an answer, but still..

"Do you mind if you put Sayomi in a room next to mine? I won't be able to sleep knowing she's far. I can see she's been through so much. I just want to help her," Demetri murmured. He then felt a hot wave flow to his cheeks and ears. It sounded as if he liked her. Did he? Surely, she was pretty...but..well, he did have a crush on her to say the least. But he looked past that, knowing it would never grow into anything. She was a vampire, he was a werewolf. It would never work. "Why would I leave her to be raped? What kind of being am I to let that happen? Call it what you want, but I did it because it was the right thing to do," Demetri shrugged, not wanting to fully get into detail.

It was complicated.

Sayomi sat and handed willow a sandwich. "I'm sorry if you don't like it. I can always make you something different.." she didn't want to say that she didnt know what the small girls' 'kind' liked. She just wanted to help. She could feel what was probably the second part of the drugs that was absorbed into her body.

Marcus laughed to himself as he listened to the werewolves. "You know, werewolves and vampires didnt always fight." When he brought up that it was the right thing to do, Marcus held back a scoff. "It may have been right, but not the smartest. The humans aren't just going to let you go free... "He said softly.

Willow shook her head as she munched down on the sandwich. "It's puhfect," she muttered with food still in her mouth and a cheesy smile. "Thank you, Sayomi," she murmured with her eyes gleaming for the first time in a long time. She let her feet dangle as she sat on the counter top, her head swinging from side to side happily. "Do you like Demetri?" she asked her quietly, after she took another bite. She was only a curious child, and wanted to know. She could see it, but asked to make sure.

"I'll deal with it," Demetri said with a shrug of his shoulders. "For now, I just want all of them to relax. They all deserve that much," he explained. "And why is it that we fight now? You'd think in a time like this...we'd all get together," Demetri spoke with a roll of his eyes.