Till Death Do Us Part

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eliza fell asleep after a half an hour of just lying there.

Yawning, John sat up. He'd slept until late afternoon, he realized, looking through the window and sighing. How he got back on a decent sleep schedule, he didn't know. Pulling himself out of bed, he figured he should go check on Eliza.

Eliza was still asleep, now laying on her side.

John peeked into her room, seeing that she was still sound asleep and decided not to disturb her. He walked down the stairs, then pushed open the inn's door and walked outside. Taking a deep breath, he looked around and found somewhere to sit.

Flighty had decided that a flight was in order and flew around only to see John. He chirped and flew to his shoulder, pecking his neck slightly.

John looked at the bird, lifting his eyebrows. "Hey. Flighty, right? Come to peck my eyes out?" he asked, smiling softly.

The bird chirped quickly before pecking his neck.

"No? Just attack the neck and hope you hit something vital?" John asked, chuckling softly.

Flighty chirped, nodding.

"Well, good to know you're dangerous." John said it with a smile, but he wasn't teasing the bird. He'd been pooped on far too many times for that. "I can't even believe this, you know."

The bird tilted his head, asking him to go on.

"This is crazy, you know? I keep expecting to wake up and it'll all be a dream, or some crazy hallucination. You know?" John asked, looking back at the bird, briefly questioning his sanity, then remembering that the bird could understand him.

The bird nodded and tweeted reassuringly.

John almost considered mentioning exactly how complicated his feelings towards Eliza were, but he warded that off quickly. He liked the bird, but he didn't trust it that much. "Decide to stop trying to kill me, then?" he asked, deciding to ward off the pause with sarcasm.

The bird shook his head.

"Didn't think so," John responded, smiling. "Let's go check on Eliza, then, while you deviously plan to assassinate me."

The bird chirped in agreement. Eliza was up now, hopping around the room in an attempt to try and get to the bathroom.

John walked back inside, then headed up the stairs and peeked into her room. "Good morning, sunshine," he said, smiling. "Want me to help?" He was asking, not telling. Telling an injured person that you were going to help them-unless in a life or death situation-was never wise and usually ended badly. At least, that's how it was in John's experience.

"No, no, I'm fine." Eliza said, hopping to the bathroom. She opened the door and closed it. The flowing water alerted him to the fact that she was going to clean herself and would most likely want to be left alone.

Nodding slowly, John left the room. That was definitely his cue to exit, then. He looked at the bird on his shoulder, then shrugged. Women. "You want to get something to eat?" he asked. His stomach was churning, and he could definitely use a drink. Or three, although getting drunk probably wouldn't be wise. Sighing inwardly, he decided to restrict himself to water. Hard to help Eliza if he couldn't stand up straight, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.