Tied to a minor chord

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
" I mean it! I want to see you wear that sometime! It would be far more classy than this party." She assured him heading to the door.

"Well you make it sound like I am in trouble but sure I'll wear it sometime." He closed and locked the door behind him and headed to the party with Megan and on the way he decided to joke around but let her know more about him. "You know...I already avoid people like they are some sort of insta-killing disease so I guess I am prepared for the zombie apocalypse if it happens." He started to walk like a zombie moaning and groaning. "Thats why I prefer to stay inside...I was diagnosed with Misanthropy, Asociality, Schizoid Personality Disorder, and mild Schizophrenia at 12 years old. So yeah that's me in a nut shell." He laughed half heartedly at the memory of his mother taking him to the hospital. Little did he know at 12 years old this would be his last memory of his mother.

His zombie imitation was pretty funny (in the daylight anyway) and she laughed at the reference. His further explanation caught her off guard as he mixed silly with serious. She wasn't sure what she should say, but she tended to slip completely into serious when she was unsure. "If you don't want to come you really don't have to! It's okay. I don't mean to get you into situations you would rather avoid. I'm sorry Will, I wouldn't have asked of I had known."

"No, no its fine as long as i can go with you its fine." He was thinking of ways thos could go wrong and how to avoid them. "By the way I've been wondering how much longer?."

"It's all the way at the end of this street. I'm pretty sure I'll be ready to leave as soon as we set foot in the door, so any time you want to get out of there is fine with me." She assured him.

"But leaving on my part is just rude we can leave if you want to and have our own little party at the park." He gave a wink. "If we are gonna do that i need to stop by the grocery store first."

Megan beamed at him. "That sounds like my kind of party. So stop in and see Melody, then we can go to the store and the park." This was going to be a much better evening than she had expected.

"Okay then. I guess we need to hurry or we wont have time to party alone." He followed close behind Megan glaring at people letting them know he wasn't in the mood to talk even though he was completely fine.

Melody turned out to be a difficult girl to track down. Being the hostess everyone Megan dared to ask had seen her, but didn't know where she was now. Out in the back yard they finally caught sight of her out on the lake one of the 5 people in a paddle boat. They seemed to be having a good time. "We might not get out of here anytime soon." Megan admitted reluctantly having no way to get Melody's attention until the boat came back to shore.

He pretended not to exist to avoid human confrontation. "Well okay then."

There were several trees, but most of the shade was already being used. Still Megan found a few spots near the edge and sat down in the grass to wait. She would rather sit than wander around a party. The group of people nearby seemed too caught up in their conversations about school to care if anyone else was sitting near.

He sat next to her and buried his face in his legs pretending to sleep. He poked his head up to start a conversation. "So how long are we going to be here?"

"Until Melody floats from the lake to the shore
I tell her good bye its been grand, not a bore
Ive things to do, and quickly we'll leave
and then we can go to the store."

Megan clapped her hands against her cheeks and pulled down as if her life was draining away. "Ug, I know its really bad when I start getting poetic. Especially because I'm not a poet."

"Well how can I help? Im sure there's something I can do." He scooted closer to her.

Megan shrugged pulling her knees up under her chin. "I just need a distraction, I'd rather be anywhere else but here." She said very quietly so no one would overhear

"Then this should help take your mind off of it." He scooted behind her and hugged around her like a force field.

A smile spread across her face altogether splash of rose also painted her cheeks. "Another chivalrous act of a manly flautist? I never know what it's going to happen when you're around." She grinned at him.

It would have been another story if the group of people near them had seemed to notice, but they really didn't care.

"But then again you are more spontanious than I am." He grinned knowing he wouldn't get slapped.

"Am I?? I've never thought of myself as spontaneous...that's kind of cool. I was just having fun and tagging along. You are more of a planner I suppose."

She was so effectively distracted she didn't notice that the paddle boat was on the way back to shore. She also missed the fact that a few other friends were whispering about the exciting new development that shy Megan was sitting so comfortably with a guy.

"Well I guess so It's more O.C.D. than anything but thank you." He gave a gentle squeeze with his arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.