TICKETS, PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah, a bartender, huh?" Gertrude added. Staring at Rae as she worked her magic, he swiveled his head towards Declan and patted on the stool next to him. "Come sit next to me!"

"Surprise me, honey!" Gertrude exclaimed to the bottle witch. He seemed pretty cheery for someone who committed genocide on a minor scale.

As Rae came closer, he switched between eyeing her and the glass she poured. "U-Uh.." Before he got any more embarrassed and started getting red in the face from both this and the booze, he scooped up the glass in his hands and glared over to Gertrude instead.
It seemed the two were rather bubbly just being around alcohol.
"F-Fine!" The words accidentally came out in a yell and he stepped away from Rae, sitting with his back facing the aggravating tv head.

Declan looked at the glass once more before taking a large sip, which was a big mistake as he almost spit it out. It was strong and surprised him. Although the aftertaste was a bit sweeter. Catching his breath, he put the glass on the bar and laughed nervously, glancing an eye to the red head.

"I-I'm....uh.." It was obvious he was extremely flustered from his own inexperience.

"Is this your first time or somethin?" Rachel's hands moved like miniature pistons as she made several more drinks. When she finished, she slipped them both a glass and kept the bottle to herself.

It probably wasn't a good idea to get drunk right now, in this place, with these people, but to somebody who only ever cared about having a good time, nothing else mattered.

"So, what happened out there?" She glanced at Gertrude.

"It was awful. I gutted all of them. I ripped and teared all their giant guts out with my bare hands as each and everyone came at me like a production line in a gory factory."

He said this as he stared at Rae. His staring felt more cold than usual.

"N-No..." Declan didn't drink much for a few reasons. One, bad things always happened when he started talking, mostly about his family. Two, he was a bit of a lightweight.
"I have before."

He went silent for a few minutes, getting used to the taste of straight alcohol as the two beside him talked. Gertrude STILL never failed to piss him off, maybe if they met on better circumstances.......nah.

Declan's head was resting on the bar before he raised it and turned toward the imposing object head next to him.
"You must feel like quite the damn hero boasting like that." His eyes narrowed although not able to focus, he was definitely drunk already.
"You should have stayed out there longer if you liked tearing them apart so much." The words came out faster than he had talked all night as a grin tugged at his cheeks.

After hearing Declan drone on about how much of a monster Gertrude truly felt like, Gertrude ceased to stare at Rae and turned towards the boy. He stared at him for a good thirty seconds right before Gertrude clutched his glass of mystery juice and slammed it right on the center of the shitlord's scalp. At the force Gertrude's arm was exceeding, the glass shattered like nothing against the boy's soft skull. After the glass had shattered, his hand continued to drive downwards on Declan's head ramming it into the splintery wood counter.

After he was finished with his outburst, Gertrude stood up, knocked his stool over, put his coat back over his blood drenched shirt, and began marching for the next set of door. Just before leaving Gertrude turned to his nemesis and said,

"You're lucky you ran away before I confused you for one of them."

He left the bar.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: egghead
Being no stranger to violence and brutality, the redhead might have egged them on...if she didn't already get to know them first. Her jaw actually hung open when Gertrude smashed his glass into the boy's poor head, and it stayed that way even after he left.

"Holy shit..."

Everything happened too fast for her sorta drunk mind to process, she was at a total loss for words.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dingus
The split second before the glass hit his head, all he knew was fear, more than when the monsters started attacking.

He could feel the glass cutting his skin immediately, it was a stronger pain than the impact itself. The warm feeling of blood covered his face fast as he felt yet another bang and splinters littered his forehead. But Declan fell back backwards after his vision went all sorts of colours for a moment, into the dusty floor.
"AGH, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!" It was unusual for him to swear much but he felt it was needed. "Jesus christ, maybe you should have fucking killed me, I wouldn't have to deal with hearing your overconfident mouth rag on!" He kept barking after Gertrude as he walked out the door, his vision was dizzy.

For a few moments he sat on the ground unsure of what to do, just groaning at the pain. He also wasn't sure if it was blood or tears on his face at that point. Reaching a hand up, Declan grasped at the bar and dragged himself upward, using it to support himself. His face, covered in blood and cuts gave Rae a long stare before stumbling the in opposite direction Gertrude did.

"Sorry."

While walking towards the door, he fell once more and silently cursed to himself before getting up again. There was a lot of blood in his mouth and eyes, it was making him sick. Once out the door, he was off to find something along the lines of a first aid kit, if he could get that far.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dingus
It wasn't in her nature to care about anyone or anything other than herself, but after talking to him, she had developed a soft spot for Declan.

Unable to shove aside this weird new feeling possibly associated with this thing called "friendship", she took another shot of vodka before running after him.

"Hey!" she shouted, her voice slightly hoarse from the alcohol. "What the hell happened back there?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
After stumbling through a few halls, Declan found himself at a random room in the hotel, using one of the first aid kits in the rusty washroom. He tried his best to clean up but to only find himself wincing from the pain of taking glass pieces out of his skin.
"Shit." He sharply whispered to himself, not knowing where to start on the mess that was now his face. It was even worse because he was crying out of both anger and pain when Rae found him. Declan only ignored her and tried wiping away blood that was still dripping off his face. There was so much that all he could do was sit on the ground and remain in a dizzy state.

His visible eye glanced up at Rae, half lidded. He was on the verge of passing out now.

"I messed up again..." The words were quiet and distant.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: egghead and Dingus
"Jeez, kid..." Rachel tried to grin through the discomfort that settled deep in the pit of her stomach after getting a glimpse of his face. "You really look like hell."

Her hands now balled up into tight fists, she hesitated, then stepped towards him. He looked so small, so pathetic at that point that it actually touched her selfish, alcoholic heart.

"Here, let me..."

She reached out and brushed his hair out of his face. It was a mess, but she'd seen worse...

"T-This has never happened to me before.." Declan tried to laugh and throw away the serious atmosphere but he was in too much pain to try hard enough. His eyes were downcast when Rae moved his hair, it made him flinch a bit and move his head away but he had no choice at the moment. Giving up, he closed his eyes slowly and faced her instead.

"I'm sorry, again."

Declan kept apologizing because he had no idea what else to say. The fact that he didn't do anything this whole time but be a complete nuisance and mess things up made him feel worse than the glass that was in his face. He had come out here to help his uncle, whom he didn't admit to care about but really missed his awkward presence. Especially now. Glen would have at least made him feel a bit better. He had a strange way of comforting Declan as his only family.

"I owe you again." He frowned, keeping his eyes closed.

An intense anger bubbled slowly in her veins until she was ready to explode with it. Her hands shaking with fury, she silently stood up and turned around. "Be right back," she promised him before leaving through the way they came from.

As she stalked towards the bar, her fingernails dug into her palm, creating little cresent-shaped cuts. She was so pissed off that white steam blew out her nostrils and seared the ends of her hair, but once she actually found Gertrude, she lost it.

"You asshole!"
she hollered right before driving her fist into his screen.

After being punched, Gertrude's head hit the floor making a clattering noise. On his screen a large shatter impact stood out.

"It's a shame you didn't bring a weapon. Your fists are too soft to kill me."

Getting up, his hands slipped from under him, dropping him back down.

"I was supposed to be a hero but I"m no better than the fog things..."

Gertrude stopped moving for a bit, his head wound making him lose track of gravity.

When Rae left, he felt a bit relieved. He didn't want to mess up any more or say the wrong things.

Once the pain had magically went down a bit after the red heads touch, Declan opened the first aid kit and started trying his best to stop the bleeding and cover his cuts. There was nothing to sterilize them so he just wiped off the worst ones before putting the only bandages on that we're in the kit.
In the midst of it he noticed a red flashing from his phone, it was about to die now. Before it could, Declan opened it and glanced at Glen's contact. If he had minutes, service and a charger maybe he'd be able to find him faster. There was a possibility that he was gone forever, even though he always came back. Still, it hurt him to think of such a thing. To think that everything could get even worse scared him.
The screen went black and be threw it back into his jeans pocket but he noticed a lolipop he had grabbed before leaving home. It was still in one piece. He smiled softly and took the wrapping off, putting it in his mouth right away.

After he was done patching himself up, he had a few bandages wrapped around his head, some gauze tapped and a bandaid or two from the shards of glass. It still hurt but at least most of the initial pain was gone. Declan heaved himself to his feet and sighed.

There was a overwhelming sense of exhaustion from getting so angry after ages, not to forget all the pain and tears. Now was not the time to sleep though, so he sauntered out to find Rae and possibly....Gertrude.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: egghead
Her blood didn't seem to stop boiling, even after Gertrude almost directly confessed to feeling bad about what he did. She raised her foot, ready to stomp down and break the man who dared.

"Don't start givin me ideas..."
she seethed as she grinded her heel against his face. "I can kill you just fine like this."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
"That sounds like the perfect threat and excuse to retaliate..."

Gertrude leapt back on to his feet and drove his enormous fist right towards Rae's freckled nose. Amazingly still able to fight after attaining his screen damage. He still felt dizzy.

The blow sent her flying back into the wall, so hard that the impact left a huge crack running down to the floor. "Ugh..." Fresh blood spurted from her nose. She blinked through the red blurring her vision. "You hit hard..."

Then she threw her fist back at him, this time with enough strength that her fist drilled right through his screen. "Good thing I hit harder."

The fist flew right through the initial impact created about a couple posts ago. He could feel her hand hit his internal circuitry. If she intended to fight this hard, Gertrude saw no reason to hold back. He took both of his own hands and grasped Rae's punching arm and swung her behind himself. Maybe he was a monster but he had no problem killing any human.

There was yelling and banging coming from the lobby area again, Declan began running and almost tripped in the process. Before he could reach the two he grabbed something on the way there.

Once he did reach them, he saw more blood and a shattered screen. He had also never been in a situation where it depended on him to break up a fight.
"S-Stop..!" At first his voice was too quiet but he began yelling because if he didn't it seemed Gertrude was really going to cause some damage on Rae.

"You hate being called a monster but look what your doing!" Declan slammed the door behind him to grab the twos attention. "We don't even know where we are, what to do and what we're dealing with! How can you start hurting the only people we can depend on in this situation?!" His face contorted into an angry scowl while he raised the spiked bat he picked up earlier, giving Gertrude a good whack to the head from behind.

"The way you act reminds me of the worst people!! Not everything you do is right!!" Stepping back, he held the bat tightly over his shoulder ready to hit again if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.