TICKETS, PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything went black for a second.

When she came to, she was on the floor and Declan was standing over her like a messiah. She tried to move, to speak, but all she could do was lay there. Her bones felt like they shattered and blood dyed her clothes a darker shade of her favourite colour.

"Ugh..." was all she could mutter as she closed her eyes again.

Reactions: Dingus
Gertrude got off the ground YET AGAIN and made his way towards Declan. Sparks flying out of his wound every now and then.

"Listen here! I'm not a hero or a monster! I'm just a guy who knows how to kill! But if there's one thing I won't deal with,"

Gertrude paused for a moment to rub his head.

"I won't settle for anybody labeling me with those terms!"

While Gertrude talked on, Declan bent down and gave Rae a shake. "Hey, hey, keep your eyes open." After he checked up on her, he used his bat for support to stand up. Even though most of the bleeding stopped, the slight dizzy feeling lingered.

"I don't care what you think right now! Just stop this! Beat on me if you have to, not her!"

Declan have a quick glance at Rae on the floor before looking back at the tv head. "I'd prefer if we could all stop, though." This time he spoke quieter.

"Nothing good will come out of us all being hurt." His eyes lowered and it was obvious he was really upset now.

Rachel could barely hear what the boy was saying through the ringing in her ears. She moaned again, this time her words a little more coherent. "I think...I won..." the joke forced itself through a busted lip.

She snickered a little, then winced. It hurt too much to laugh. "Ugh...Hey..." she reached out a shaking, bloodied hand for Declan to take. "Help me up, will ya?"

Hearing Rae speak again drew his attention away from Gertrude but Declan gave him one more glance with sad eyes before turning to her. He put out a hand and grabbed hers to pull her up.

"Are you alright to stand?" His own hand was cold at the tips and shaking pretty noticeably.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dingus and egghead
With some help from Declan, she hoisted herself up to her feet but couldn't stand on her own. "Thanks, kid..." wrapping her arm around his shoulder for support, she breathed a sigh of relief. "Whew, that was a rush..."

She rolled her eye over to Gertrude, who looked just as bruised and beat up as she did. "You pack a hell'uva punch, you know that?"

• Bucket of Rainbows
"I kill people part time, I gotta..."

Gertrude noticed something. His claw hammer had never left his pocket. It never occurred to him that he had no intentions to kill them. It's almost as if he need some sort of way to state his dominance... No it couldn't have been. Perhaps the fear and stress overwhelmed him to a point where violence was the only acceptable outcome. Perhaps he just really hated Declan and his stupid hair. Perhaps the amount of freckles on Rae's face pissed him off. Perhaps it was that he had been an assassin for only four months and he was beginning losing his mind. Perhaps it was because he knew he would die here and the only people that would see his last moments was alcoholic Christmas cake and an emo shota. Perhaps it's because he WANTED to die. Perhaps he had always been broken.

"Let's try not to spill more blood than necessary now, okay?"

He approached the other two and embraced them with his large arms.

Rachel winced when he threw his arm over their shoulders, mostly because it hurt, but also because his big broken screen looked just bad. Broken glass and bits of wire poked out from the hole she made in his face, how the hell was he still standing?

"Yeah, you said it..." her voice was still pretty hoarse, she hadn't fully healed yet. Groaning, she suddenly bent over, clutching her stomach. Sweat glistened on her bloody forehead, her breathes short and heavy.

"God, I need a..." and her voice trailed off from there. For the first time that night, she didn't want to drink. "Let's just get outta here. All this dust is pissing me off."

Moving out from underneath Gertrude's arm and towards a door none of them had been through before, she barely made it three steps before she collapsed.

Declan's face held relief after hearing Gertrude's words. His head hurt like hell and he just wanted to make sure the only people he could rely on for now weren't going to kill each other. A small chuckle escaped him when the previously imposing object head hugged them. As much as he didn't like embraces, this one was relieving and seeing Gertrude's complex break down made the hate he harboured for him cool a bit. Maybe they were all just misunderstood.

Though his thoughts were interrupted by Rae groaning, and letting go of the two. Declan was going to say something but when she collapsed, he winced.

"R-Rae...!?" Looking toward Gertrude, Declan grit his teeth in frustration.
"C'mon let's grab her and get outta here." He was unsure of what exactly happened while he was fixing his own wounds up but it seemed to have really affected Rae.

There was so much left to learn about these two but he already felt a lifetime closer.

After see Rae collapse, everything felt incredibly dizzy. It might be that he had a hole in the middle of his head but it was as if everything was slowing down and speeding up at random intervals. Once Rae hit the ground, Gertrude could faintly make out the mirage after images of her body hitting the ground and the little bounce of recoil it made upon impact. Gertrude dashed over to her and grabbed her abnormally light body by her knees and shoulders. Almost akin to a typical princess and prince charming pose. Except that instead of the aforementioned princess and prince, it was a red-headed alcoholic in fishnets and a blood soaked man with a hole in his head.

"I'm not an expert but I think she's dying..." Gertrude said slowly as he turned towards Declan.

"Let's go!"

"Hey, hey, who said I was gonna bite the dust just yet?!"

Being picked up and carried like a baby sparked some flame in a dying fire. The back of Rachel's neck burned furiously either out of anger or embarrassment, and she immediately started throwing a tantrum.

"Let me down, dammit!" she kicked her legs around uselessly. "I can walk on my own!"

The worry in Declan's face disappeared and quickly turned into something of a soft smile hearing Rae yell like.....well, Rae.

He passed the flailing woman and monitor head, signalling them out of the hotel. They still didn't see anyone else in the town, nor did they have the time to even check after having two neat death experiences...

But...while being dragged away earlier by Rae, Declan had noticed another big building in the distance.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dingus and egghead
While Rae continued to thrash in his arms, Gertrude noticed Declan staring off into the distance. As Rae continued to scream obscenities Gertrude tightened his grip on her body as her thrashing became more volatile. There was something behind the fog. Perhaps it was another building?

"I see it too, boy..."

After a few moments of silence Gertrude spoke up again,

"LET'S GO!"

Throwing the redhead over his shoulder, Gertrude took off in a sharp sprint toward the direction of the urban monolith.

The drunk only yelled louder when she was tossed over his shoulder. "What the hell are you doing?!" Rachel pounded at his back with the sides of her fists. She was getting pretty frantic at this point, almost like she didn't know what to do in this kind of situation. "I said I could walk on my own, dammit!"

The three left the building with a ruckus, out into the foggy, damp air again.

"I saw it over here.." The sluggish teen raised a blood stained hand and pointed to the distance where a large shadow stood out in the fog. For the haze being so thick, the outline was imposing, a clear, visible flag pole out front of it.
Declan looked to make sure the other two were following before continuing on ahead. There was no way any of them would survive being alone so sticking together was most important now. Pushing aside their differences is best for the group. The last thing they needed was another hoard of those amalgamations coming after them.

A streetlight flickered on the road approaching the building, it was hard to tell what time of day it was, best bet being after midnight. The darkness of the fog covered the stars, threatening to shroud them all in a lost maze. One more lone light outside the gate of the large building revealed it to be a school, the brick sign old and untouched.

An elementary school.

"There's our answer." Declan stared at the letters rusting from the dampness of the air, giving out a hint that maybe it was always this foggy here. He kept walking, the most visible part of the atmosphere being at their feet. A few children's drawings and winter accessories littered the walkway toward the front door.

• Nice Execution!
  • Useful
Reactions: egghead and Dingus
Well it sure was a school. It reminded Gertrude of the first two years of his teaching career as an elementary teacher.

HE FUCKING HATED IT

But the main topic on his mind was to take care of Rae.To find a form of nurse's office seemed to be a good idea but it didn't seem as if an elementary school would have one. Feeling a type of rapid thumping against his back he finally set the redhead down, making sure she was flat on her feet before he let go. Gertrude attempted to turn the knobs under his "chin" to see if there was some sort of life within the building. Unfortunately, his head wound left him unable to use his EMP field to scan the building.

The first thing Rachel did when she saw the building was gag. She hated schools, almost as much as she hated prison and watered down whiskey.

"Damn..." she tried peeking through a window to get a better look at what was lurking inside, but the only thing she could make out in the darkness were some desks and a sneaker.

It was exactly out of a horror movie, just like the rest of their night, and something told her that it was only going to get worse.

At long last with Rae feeling better on her own feet, Declan saw no reason to hesitate going in. Gertrude was being wary as usual.

"Well, let's—" an object in front of the double doors caught the smallest glimmer of light, flashing a sparkle at the corner in his sight. Before he gripped the handle, Declan bent down to inspect it.
"This is..." He tried to speak as quiet as possible, his breath breaking up the syllables of his voice. The object on the ground was a rosary but not only that, it belonged to his uncle. Declan remembered finding it under the futon cushion after rummaging for bus change one day.

Wasting no more time, he grabbed both handles and yanked them open, running inside frantically. He left the other two behind without thinking.

After the boy ran inside and off somewhere on his own, she turned to Gertrude and shrugged before following their leader's trail of footsteps into the school.

A long carpet ushered them into the main hallway. The air smelled old and musty, cobwebs clinged to almost every corner; it didn't look like life touched this place in years.

"Charming..." she sniffed again. Cigarettes?

• Love
Gertrude sensed something. Something alive yet not at the same time. He turned to Rae and was about to say something before he noticed she had begun doing her own thing. He turned away a began walking off in the direction of the sign of life. There was something out there but Gertrude really hoped in wasn't the beasts he encountered earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.