TICKETS, PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Industrial train...party tr—" Declan interrupted himself to think for a moment, that was definitely what he hadn't seen.
"I saw...well a train...I'm not sure else how to describe it but...yeah..." He looked at the two in confusion. Wait—

"What the hell is a party train?"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: egghead
"I've been on a party blimp befo-"

Gertrude thought for a moment. If there wasn't any staff in the cars, surely there would be engineers on board. Or perhaps another passenger? He turned to Rae and asked her,

"Wanna go for a walk with me?"

Rachel was about to answer the question about the party train when the television asked her to go somewhere with him. "Well, aren't you forward..." she teased as she slid out of the booth. "Let's make it quick."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dingus
"You guys are gonna leave me here?" Declan looked up with half lidded eyes, almost disappointed. He didn't want to get depressing all of a sudden but he was used to being ditched, even if he just met these two and bonded over some drunk. Something about this train was eerie so he was coming whether they liked it or not, this kind of quiet bothered him...almost like the nagging sensation of unfinished homework.

Standing up, he looked at the two and smiled mockingly. "I can't let you two lovebirds go alone, can I?"

• Thank You
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: egghead and Dingus
Gertrude thought perhaps it would be better if he tossed them both off the train. He was strong enough. But looking at the other two, it seemed as if he had a connection to the sad kid and the equally sad lady.

"Fine, both of you can come with me. Just hold on one moment..."

He went for his baggage and pulled out a carpenter's hammer. Hoping none of them seen the tool, he slid it deep into his coat's pocket.

"Okay, I'm ready."

The next few cars weren't anything new, but there was still something slightly...off about this train, something even Rachel began to notice.

Lamps started to flicker, and the walls seemed to have more and more cracks the further they went in. Shadows moved about, ready to strike, and muffled sounds came from everywhere but nowhere at the same time.

Needless to say, she felt right at home in this place. "Sooo, what're we lookin for anyway?"

Staring at the deteriorating surroundings, he was sure it wasn't normal. "I don't know....people...maybe?" Declan walked behind the two looking over everything.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Useful
Reactions: Dingus and egghead
"I failed to locate anybody the first time I went,"

Gertrude paused for a moment.

"Perhaps we're the only passengers. Even so, there must be someone controlling this machine."

As Gertrude led the other two, he fumbled and fiddled with the metal head of the hammer is right jacket pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
"Guess we're gonna find out..." Her boots made clunky thuds against the floor with every step towards the front of the train. Staggering close behind Gertrude, she couldn't help but stare at the back of his monitor.

"By the way..." she leaned to one side to try peek over his shoulder. "What happens if your screen gets busted? Do you die?"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Declan glanced down to all three of their feet walking through the ails and scowled, murmuring to himself. "God...why does he have to talk so pretentiously?" It was obvious he was becoming irritated with Gertrude for some unknown reason, perhaps it was still the teacher vibe he gave off. He ignored the two for the time being and remained quiet.

" UeWtDhyGasLYPhOVDGc62A_r.jpg IzQUiJgQkpyNrz_XXk6rbw_r.jpg C-AOWF0buZXZX9GPZDfrCw_r.jpg "

Gertrude spun his head around to look at the angsty shitlord.

"Anyway, I wouldn't die but I would be in extreme pain. I once got into a bar fight where someone with a heavy-gauntlet punched my screen in. For reasons unknown, I can no longer use my screen anymore. Fortunately for me, I made the guy who did so unable to walk for the rest of his life..."

As he continued, Gertrude realized he was rambling. Once they reached the dining car, everything that was once placed neatly on the shelf and trays was now on the floor consumed by rot and mold.

"What is going on here...?"

His eyes glanced up at Gertrude's sudden response, he didn't think he would hear him. Declan sighed and rolled his eyes with an even heavier scowl. They were not going to be getting along from now on.

After hearing the story Getrude told, he couldn't help but want to piss him off more.
"What? Did you give him a bunch homework or something?" Declan grinned at him about to say something more until they came to the next car.

"Gross." He now seemed less interested in finding out what was happening. At this point he was reminding himself that this was all for the apartment rent....for the rent.

Rachel barely raised an eyebrow at the decay. "Huh, looks like my place after happy hour."

She kicked at a patch of mold that looked like dried vomit, then glanced back at the other two, her mouth stretching wide with a grin that reflected evil intentions.

"Oh, come on, boys,"
she slipped between the bickering and slapped her arms over their shoulders. "Don't be like that! We're all friends here, right?"

She pulled them in closer. "Right?!"

As Rae came in closer, Gertrude could still smell the booze on her. Along with the movements of the train and the surrounding rot, it almost made him nauseous.

"Of course, I was just about to ask Declan if there was anything I can get for him once I get to my convention."

Gertrude truly didn't have a problem with Declan. What made him mad was that Declan had a problem with him. After all, Gertrude's career was made on getting teenagers to like him. He then remembered that he wasn't on shift and had no problem yelling at a kid.

"No, actually. I'm this close to throwing your ass overboard, you little shit!"

Gertrude shouted while showing a small gap between his finger and thumb. Pushing Rae off his shoulder, he began moving for the next car. He truly felt nauseous now.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Declan didn't care much for a woman taller than him throwing her arm over him like that, the height difference was at an awkward area. He looked away while Gertrude rambled on about how much he hated his guts, Rae's grip making him more uncomfortable by the minute. For some reason his mind wandered over to whether Rae would be able to beat him up, he wasn't very strong without some sort of hate fuelling him...but..

"I might take you up on that offer to throw me off the train sooner or later." Breaking his incoherent thoughts he slowly pushed the woman's arm off him before he started smelling like an entire bar.

"Now, shouldn't we find a conductor?" He could feel a headache coming on while he followed close behind Gertrude.

• Love
The woman honked a witch-like cackle when they both shoved her off. Their reactions were perfect, exactly as she expected. Oh boy, she was going to have a good time with these two...

"Hey, wait for me!"
she called after them as they ran away from her.

• Love
As Gertrude marched his way forward, his booted foot fell right through the floor like a snowbank. It didn't go so far that it began dangling outside the train but it was ankle deep. The rot and decay must be advancing. After pulling his foot out of the wooden gap, he turned to the other two and simply said,

"Watch your step..."

"Well that's inconvenient." Declan laughed quietly, but it didn't last long as his concern got the best of him and he turned toward a window again.
"It's still foggy out, how long has it been around? I thought for sure it would have scattered by now."

• Thank You
"Damn, this place is falling apart faster than my manservant does when I shove--" her delightful comment was cut short when her own foot collapsed through the floor. She had just enough time to shriek before her face smashed into hard metal. It wasn't a pretty fall.

"That's it!" By the time she got back up again, there was blood gushing out of her nose. "Who the hell is running this rust bucket?!" She roared and kicked hard at one of the seats, leaving a dent bigger than someone her size should be capable of. "When I find that bastard, I'm gonna strangle that bastard!"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
A hefty sigh escaped Declans lips after listening to the wonderful language Rae spat out. He ignored it and carefully made each step closer toward the front.

Finally, with him before the two this time, he pulled open the last car door to see the front. It was locked up with...chains? They didn't look safe to touch for some reason, almost like they glowed red, maybe it was his imagination.
"What's up with this?" It was all too much for his head to bother thinking about at this point and he took a seat with exaggerated anger, head in hands. He already filled his daily quota of energy wasting.

-

Two hands reached together to crack it's knuckles, the sound loud enough to mistake it for them actually breaking. One reached up with lanky fingers and long nails, wrapping itself around the train horn, pulling it down with excited force.

The train horn blew and picked up speed through the fog.

Dust and ashes fell from the uniform of the man who grinned with what almost sounded like cracking skin. The atmosphere around him felt musty and old, enough to leave a dry taste in anyone's mouth, begging for water. He brushed back a strand of long white hair, reaching down to his thighs to be exact, before picking up the small intercom device into his hands.

An unsettling bell that sounded like it was dying out rung through the empty train cars signalling an announcement. He reached a finger and tapped on the mic for a test, then smiled.

"Testing, testing, one two three!?" The conductor snickered into the mic.
"Good evening, my passengers! I'm sure you're all wondering when we'll be reaching our destination." An audible lick of lips was heard through the announcement. "As your one and only conductor, I am honoured to bring you there, if I may have one request though.." The voice trailed off a bit.

"That is, you all please remain seated and patient. No conductor likes whiny passengers and I won't put up with it. Don't make me come out there~!" His tone was quite imposing until that last part along with a quiet giggle.
"Becoming too impatient might set off one or two of the traps littering the train cars...just kidding....maybe."
The entire train was silent for a moment.
"Just sit down, okay?" He pulled the train horn a couple more times and it seems he was done talking.

-

"Was that..." Declan removed his hands from his face and fixed his eyes on the door they had found. Now that he took a closer glance, it seemed dusty but not only that, he could see the shadow of footprints just barely through the crack. The last part the conductor said left him feeling like it was directed towards them. While the cars were quiet and hollow earlier, the inside was now filled with screeching and creaking as speed picked up quite a bit

• Nice Execution!
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dingus and egghead
Status
Not open for further replies.