Tiberian Ascension

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how big's the chance of Cyborgs? xD...

I also been pondering about if they at some points or all points had or have actual people driving the War miners. or whatever the harvesters are called in TB Trilogy.

And if they at some point possibly harvested Tiberium with mining picks xD... possibly a terrible idea... but what you don't know will possibly first kill someone.

@latos
Unlikely. Pretty over-the-top for my headcanon. ^.^;

In the Tiberium universe, harvesters are just your run-of-the-mill heavy ATVs. Nothing special about their design except to compensate for tiberium contamination. They've always had human drivers, but with as tedious as that can be, they may see automation in the future.

Somebody probably tried pulling tiberium out of the ground with their bare hands at some point. I guess they learned their lesson the hard way.

By the way, am I waiting on a post from @Pellegrino or somebody else or am I holding everybody back? o.o

Somebody probably tried pulling tiberium out of the ground with their bare hands at some point. I guess they learned their lesson the hard way.

By the way, am I waiting on a post from @Pellegrino or somebody else or am I holding everybody back? o.o
I like to imagine that accounts for all the mutants in Futurama. ;D

And I'd message him, see where he's at. He's been a pretty reliable roleplayer in my Elder Scrolls game, so he's usually pretty dependable. o.o

I'd believe it — but I don't think he had the chance to put up a character, yet, and I wanted to give him an opportunity to write himself in. Honestly, I was just looking for an excuse to @tag him in case he forgot to watch the thread. ^.^;

I'd believe it — but I don't think he had the chance to put up a character, yet, and I wanted to give him an opportunity to write himself in. Honestly, I was just looking for an excuse to @tag him in case he forgot to watch the thread. ^.^;
Which I did... so thank you. I'm off tomorrow and plan to finish off my CS as we speak. Don't feel the need to wait for me though, I'm adaptable!

Thank you speaking up for me Derv!

Which I did... so thank you. I'm off tomorrow and plan to finish off my CS as we speak. Don't feel the need to wait for me though, I'm adaptable!

Thank you speaking up for me Derv!
Credit where credit's due! You're a pretty steady roleplayer and you stick with games, and your characters are good, so I'd be amiss for not saying something. ;)

• Love
Reactions: SamIO
My hope is to introduce Damian by way of chance. Nod is a perspective he never considered necessary until now, but he's very receptive what with the world of chaos all around.

Apologies for the delay. I'm actually not extremely familiar with C&C, but found your RP too good to turn away. The idea of starting early in the chaos seems like a chance for me to learn alongside the character, though obviously I've already begun familiarizing myself too.

Damian Alighieri
91bce7d1184fc3e891e5f66af63b34c5f70b289b.jpg

1 2
31 Years Old
Male
Junior Police Detective

Damian sat at his desk, too bothered to change out of his work clothes. He saw the open letter from his sister sat beside his laptop. The woman was a bit of a nut in her paranoia, as if a physical letter was safer than an email, but he'd humour her, unaware of the . After a shameful amount of time searching for a pen, he wrote.

Letter to Dama
Letter to Dama
Letter to Dama
I am glad you are well and even years later, that you still feel the need to look out for your little brother. Truthfully, no, I have never given the GDI much thought or worry. Government is government, it's all political theatre and I frankly don't trust any group so large or so dominating. Power corrupts. With all the chaos going on right now I wouldn't be surprised if we heard about some power plays either. To answer your question though, no, even as a cop I would never consider aiding the initiative. My job is to protect people and their freedoms. When I see a large entity like this with little to no connections to the community, I don't see the future of democracy, I see the beginning of something else. The f-word gets thrown around a lot, but how else does fascism start?

I realize now you might just be pulling my chain. You always knew how to rile me up, aye? Anyway, work is going fine. With tiberian spreading so near here they are calling this a 'Yellow Zone'. Local government assures us things will do fine so long as we stay calm, but they follow it up with 'keep a watchful eye for threats'. I actually received a promotion as a result. People are going nuts, doing things they normally wouldn't because of those damned warnings. My job is largely to investigate criminals taking advantage of the chaos. A bit of looting happens, but we need to stop the serial-looters and all that. It's good work. I'm happy to help too, but with so much going on... They train you to use your sidearm. They train you to take down threats, to incapacitate, to recognize trouble before it strikes. That's all training though. With everything that's going on I'm starting to wonder just how long until all that becomes reality."

• Love
Awesome! I think Damian will fit right in (and a li'l Dorian never hurt nobody. ;3), and I'm loving the intro you've written for him. Tiberium isn't an all-encompassing destroyer of the world order, just yet, so it's nice to see some of the pre-apocalyptic aspects of the canon settling into your character's background. :3

Do you want to put in a post, or just leave your character as-is for now?

Glad you liked! Don't feel any need to wait for me, I'll have Damian introduced by the weekend. Fortunately, his position should make it easy to have him stumble into a situation -- or close anyway. Happy to show another perspective to the setting, I always did love a good apocalyptic story.

• Love
Just wanted to pop in to make sure everything's in check! :D

I've had a recent bout of buddy-gaming and I sort of got sucked into that. I'm planning on making a post during this weekend, so if @Pellegrino or anybody else wants to get a skit in before that, you've still got time. ^.^;

I'm alive. Just had a hell week at work, I'll get on this ASAP though.

• Love
More shortposting from me, sorry. <.<

I feel like we're wrapping up a scene and so I don't want to start anything, yet. ^.^;

Reactions: Windsong
My posting is going to be scarce for a bit. Started a new job and I don't have nearly as much free time.

• Thank You
Not quite sure what to post on my end since the scene is sorta wrapping up and all..

Also off-topic: how do you manage an animated avatar, @Samster ?

Same as any other avatar; just that there's a fairly small filesize limit so you can't have a whole lot of frames. Also, if it has to be resized by the forum to fit a larger or smaller space on a particular page, it won't animate, which means if you don't size it to fit the default avatar size, it will probably never animate.

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
Status
Not open for further replies.