Tiberian Ascension

Status
Not open for further replies.
soldier_of_nod_by_henskelion-d54m7ai.jpg

I probably go for something like this For nod xD

That or a Tiberium soldier.

Those would probably be appropriate late-game character concepts; however, the party is currently without direct Brotherhood affiliation. For now, we're just a bunch of people who are stuck dealing with the tiberian apocalypse. ^.^;

Oh and here I almost pondered about a Tesla Trooper, or possibly a Cyborg carrying a Tiberium cannon xD

Yeah, these are quite a bit higher than the scale of this RP. This is a story of relatively normal people getting swept up in a very abnormal situation. ^.^;

Oh and here I almost pondered about a Tesla Trooper, or possibly a Cyborg carrying a Tiberium cannon xD
Problem with the Tesla troopers is the Tesla technology doesn't exist on this timeline, that's the Red Alert one.

I'll have my next post in by Monday, assuming somebody else isn't planning on writing something, themselves (in which case, I'd ask for a notification so I don't screw up the posting order ^.^;).

Problem with the Tesla troopers is the Tesla technology doesn't exist on this timeline, that's the Red Alert one.
Well Tesla tech does exist to some extent in Renegade, If I recall correctly there is a Tesla Rifle of sort that One of the Classes use.

The Volt auto rifle that Black Widow use. Besides that we have lasers.

Ion Cannons xD...

etc

Well Tesla tech does exist to some extent in Renegade, If I recall correctly there is a Tesla Rifle of sort that One of the Classes use.

The Volt auto rifle that Black Widow use. Besides that we have lasers.

Ion Cannons xD...

etc
Pretty sure those are all a little above our current pay grade. ^^;;

Nieves doesn't even have anything larger than her pistol to protect herself with. Let alone a man-portable power-house that it was in Renegade. Though I doubt anyone but the most inhumane could use something like that Tiberium Flechette pistol.

I'd imagine that thing would be brutal in that a single shot would doom someone.

Pretty sure those are all a little above our current pay grade. ^^;;

Nieves doesn't even have anything larger than her pistol to protect herself with. Let alone a man-portable power-house that it was in Renegade. Though I doubt anyone but the most inhumane could use something like that Tiberium Flechette pistol.

I'd imagine that thing would be brutal in that a single shot would doom someone.
Janek probably would use that Tiberium Flechette rifle/ pistol if he hated somebody enough. He's not a very nice guy these days.

Janek probably would use that Tiberium Flechette rifle/ pistol if he hated somebody enough. He's not a very nice guy these days.
Well the heartless mercenary would. Renegade had loads of cool weapons. All weapons cheat at the start of the game was awesome. Looking back the laser rifle would be really neat though.

That might be more up Janek's alley.

While technology will be progressing throughout the roleplay (there will be a few points where we'll have a fadethrough to compensate for the time shear), the current tech level is a modified variation of Firestorm. Portable supercapacitors have not been invented, yet, so there'll likely be no presence of unconventional ballistic weaponry. You can expect most everybody — even the elite cadre at this point in the conflicts — to be employing rifles equipped with standard gas-chambering firing mechanisms, though I don't see why the flechette auto-pistol wouldn't be in use by some of the more unsavory bunch.

Towards the near future we might start seeing kill squads on both sides making use of miniature microwave lasers, which do a great job at putting down unarmored targets but are deflected by even the most trivial of composite armor. The equalizer will likely be something more familiar — the Brotherhood's classic visible beam laser weaponry, which is pure heat without relying on chemistry to do its work (therefore making it effective against armor as well as flesh). GDI will have, of course, fully developed standardized rail-tech by that point, but not in the Tiberium universe's sense, which for some reason made railguns look like some sort of energy weapon, which is simply not how they work. You can expect midgame fodder to be wielding rail-rifles, which won't really make a visible difference.

Later, maybe something like the ion particle cannon being made into a field-portable weapon — something you might see installed on light vehicles or perhaps even distributed to heavy weapons personnel. The Brotherhood's response by then, I think, will be an invested (mis)use of tiberium's alien chemistry and unexpected properties. And you thought the tiberium chemical spray was bad... ;3

Post's up. Pardon the lateness and brevity of this one. Obviously this lull in mental fortitude is becoming a habit. >.<

Hopefully I can pick myself up before the end of the month. In the meantime, I'll work on at least keeping my promises. ^.^;

• Thank You
Reactions: Dervish
Don't pressure yourself! Trust me, I know how rough it can be to try to keep an RP going when you feel like you're in a rut. :D It's the rough part about GMing, you don't always feel like you get to have a break. Don't sweat it!

• Thank You
Reactions: SamIO
Status
Not open for further replies.