Through the Ashes

Pleased that his attacks helped to end the battle, Terra relaxed and allowed his keyblade to fade away. He narrowed his eyes and watched their enemies rush away, unsure why they left.

038.png

That's right; go and don't come back.

Terra glande to America when she would approach, entirely serious in comparison to her peppy attitude. "Mindless ones," Terra repeated, quietly thinking over her words for a moment. "Wait, you know about those things? What are they?" he questioned.

Before he could get an answer to his question, however, Terra would be interrupted by an armored man who would ride up to them on his horse. When he would thank them, Terra didn't think much of it. "It was nothing. But have these attacks happened before?" he questioned, ignoring the man's own question when he would seem curious about where they were from.

@Jeremi

"Mindless Ones." She repeated back to Terra. "Ones that are mindless" Clearly this wasn't something he was going to get a straight answer about.

Phoebus meanwhile responded to Terra's second query. "No...I had never seen those monsters before today. Your friend on the other hand..." A finger pointed towards America. "Seems to be quite familiar with them."

She didn't like the tone of the man's voice. "Lower that finger or I'll make it point up if you get what I'm saying." Phoebus figured that it probably wasn't best to test her and did what had been asked of him.

"All I'm saying is that out of everyone here you were the only one who could name them."

"They're mindless monsters whose only purpose in life is to break down everything in their way." She finally responded. "Why they've shown up here I really couldn't tell you."

"I see..." The captain of the guard was skeptical but he really didn't have anything else to go by. "In any case you two are coming with me. We're heading to the cathedral."

"Why?"

"Because you two are persons of interest, and I'm not going to let you out of my sight for even a minute."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Mindless Ones." She repeated back to Terra. "Ones that are mindless" Clearly this wasn't something he was going to get a straight answer about.

Phoebus meanwhile responded to Terra's second query. "No...I had never seen those monsters before today. Your friend on the other hand..." A finger pointed towards America. "Seems to be quite familiar with them."

She didn't like the tone of the man's voice. "Lower that finger or I'll make it point up if you get what I'm saying." Phoebus figured that it probably wasn't best to test her and did what had been asked of him.

"All I'm saying is that out of everyone here you were the only one who could name them."

"They're mindless monsters whose only purpose in life is to break down everything in their way." She finally responded. "Why they've shown up here I really couldn't tell you."

"I see..." The captain of the guard was skeptical but he really didn't have anything else to go by. "In any case you two are coming with me. We're heading to the cathedral."

"Why?"

"Because you two are persons of interest, and I'm not going to let you out of my sight for even a minute."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
While America's reply didn't exactly appease him much, Terra did little more than shoot her a frustrated glance. He had a feeling she knew more than she intended to let on, but he wasn't going to press her about it--especially not in the company of Phoebus. He was supposed to keep some kind of world order, after all, and those creatures didn't appear as if they had come from this world. They seemed foreign, almost like the heartless.

Phoebes, on the other hand, didn't seem to have problems pressing America for more details. While she gave him just a little more detail on what the creatures were, it still wasn't much. Regardless, the mindless ones weren't really a pressing concern anymore. Terra was now more concerned about the fact this man wanted them to go with him.

"Look, we don't want any trouble. We're just a couple of travelers with our own agendas. We don't really have any time to take side trips. Is this really that important?" Terra questioned, his tone sounding slightly annoyed. While it was sorely tempting to just knock this man out and walk away, he tried to hold back his ruthless feelings.

@Jeremi

While America's reply didn't exactly appease him much, Terra did little more than shoot her a frustrated glance. He had a feeling she knew more than she intended to let on, but he wasn't going to press her about it--especially not in the company of Phoebus. He was supposed to keep some kind of world order, after all, and those creatures didn't appear as if they had come from this world. They seemed foreign, almost like the heartless.

Phoebes, on the other hand, didn't seem to have problems pressing America for more details. While she gave him just a little more detail on what the creatures were, it still wasn't much. Regardless, the mindless ones weren't really a pressing concern anymore. Terra was now more concerned about the fact this man wanted them to go with him.

"Look, we don't want any trouble. We're just a couple of travelers with our own agendas. We don't really have any time to take side trips. Is this really that important?" Terra questioned, his tone sounding slightly annoyed. While it was sorely tempting to just knock this man out and walk away, he tried to hold back his ruthless feelings.

@Jeremi

"And what is your...agenda?" Phoebus asked curiously. "If you don't think rescuing the city from these monsters is as important as sight seeing..."

America was silent for a moment before she sighed. "Ugh no of course we're not saying that. We're travelers from...out of time and we're now stuck here."

"Well perfect reason to come and help then, if you are stuck here and all." Phoebus didn't press further because he was quite sure it was far beyond anything he could imagine. "Follow me then." He jumped back on his horse and the other guards that were left standing followed him.

America looked over to Terra and gave him a shrug before following after. It wasn't like she could let these people fight against foes they had no chance at defeating.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"And what is your...agenda?" Phoebus asked curiously. "If you don't think rescuing the city from these monsters is as important as sight seeing..."

America was silent for a moment before she sighed. "Ugh no of course we're not saying that. We're travelers from...out of time and we're now stuck here."

"Well perfect reason to come and help then, if you are stuck here and all." Phoebus didn't press further because he was quite sure it was far beyond anything he could imagine. "Follow me then." He jumped back on his horse and the other guards that were left standing followed him.

America looked over to Terra and gave him a shrug before following after. It wasn't like she could let these people fight against foes they had no chance at defeating.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
The keyblade wielder let out an exasperated sigh when Phoebus practically guilted them into helping him out. While he already wasn't fond of the man, Terra couldn't couldn't exactly stand idly by while people may have needed his help.

037.png

"If you really need our help that badly, I guess it can't hurt to go with you for a while."

As often as he became distracted with other things, it really was his job to help out people from other worlds. It was a duty he shouldn't ignore. He had done far too many unforgivable things already, and didn't want to add any more failures to the list.

While he chose not to tell Phoebus what his agenda was, he began to follow after him. While he walked, he side-glanced at America. While he had a chance, Terra decided he would again question her again about their enemies from before. "Where exactly do the Mindless Ones come from? It's worrying that a creature from another world would show up here..."

@Jeremi

The keyblade wielder let out an exasperated sigh when Phoebus practically guilted them into helping him out. While he already wasn't fond of the man, Terra couldn't couldn't exactly stand idly by while people may have needed his help.

037.png

"If you really need our help that badly, I guess it can't hurt to go with you for a while."

As often as he became distracted with other things, it really was his job to help out people from other worlds. It was a duty he shouldn't ignore. He had done far too many unforgivable things already, and didn't want to add any more failures to the list.

While he chose not to tell Phoebus what his agenda was, he began to follow after him. While he walked, he side-glanced at America. While he had a chance, Terra decided he would again question her again about their enemies from before. "Where exactly do the Mindless Ones come from? It's worrying that a creature from another world would show up here..."

@Jeremi

America was quiet for a moment looking at Terra before she responded.

MsA59_zpsopah6tpe.png

"The Dark Dimension. And uh yeah worrying is one word for it." America had no response to Terra about how it was possible for the Mindless Ones to be here. It was rare for them to act by their own accord...someone was pulling their strings, but who that could be America had no clue.

Soon enough they would find themselves by the steps of the Notre Dame. "We'll be using the cathedral as our base of operation for the time being." Phoebus responded ordering the soldiers that were with them to guard the perimeter. To Terra and America he motioned them to follow him inside. "Come on in." Once inside they would find the woman who had been dancing on the stage and the hunchbacked man as well as a few soldiers.

"Phoebus!" The woman would run up to the captain and give him a hug, but she quickly pushed back and punched him on the shoulder. "What were you thinking going out there? You could've gotten yourself killed!"

"It's my job to protect this city against any threat. You worrying about me though is very much appreciated. I got these two to thank. If they weren't there then well things could've turned a lot more ugly." He responded motioning towards Terra and America.

"I'm happy that you were there to save my friend." The hunchback responded. "I'm Quasimodo, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"That goes double from me." The woman replied. "My name is Esmeralda."

"Ms America." The heroine responded. "So was there a reason why you brought us here?"

Phoebus nodded. "Yes, over here." On one of the nearby tables he had one of the soldiers roll out a map. "This is a map of the city. We need to figure out where those monsters came from and attack. We can't sit around and wait for another attack. There's no telling what the damage may be the next time they show up."

America lulled over the map for a moment. "...I have literally no idea."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
America was quiet for a moment looking at Terra before she responded.

MsA59_zpsopah6tpe.png

"The Dark Dimension. And uh yeah worrying is one word for it." America had no response to Terra about how it was possible for the Mindless Ones to be here. It was rare for them to act by their own accord...someone was pulling their strings, but who that could be America had no clue.

Soon enough they would find themselves by the steps of the Notre Dame. "We'll be using the cathedral as our base of operation for the time being." Phoebus responded ordering the soldiers that were with them to guard the perimeter. To Terra and America he motioned them to follow him inside. "Come on in." Once inside they would find the woman who had been dancing on the stage and the hunchbacked man as well as a few soldiers.

"Phoebus!" The woman would run up to the captain and give him a hug, but she quickly pushed back and punched him on the shoulder. "What were you thinking going out there? You could've gotten yourself killed!"

"It's my job to protect this city against any threat. You worrying about me though is very much appreciated. I got these two to thank. If they weren't there then well things could've turned a lot more ugly." He responded motioning towards Terra and America.

"I'm happy that you were there to save my friend." The hunchback responded. "I'm Quasimodo, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"That goes double from me." The woman replied. "My name is Esmeralda."

"Ms America." The heroine responded. "So was there a reason why you brought us here?"

Phoebus nodded. "Yes, over here." On one of the nearby tables he had one of the soldiers roll out a map. "This is a map of the city. We need to figure out where those monsters came from and attack. We can't sit around and wait for another attack. There's no telling what the damage may be the next time they show up."

America lulled over the map for a moment. "...I have literally no idea."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
290.png

"The Dark Dimension," Terra repeated, placing a hand on his chin as he thought over her words. "That... definitely does not sound good." He quieted afterwards, not sure what else he could ask her about them. America honestly seemed baffled, as if she didn't entirely understand the situation herself. It was at times like this Terra missed having a wise master to seek council from about confusing subjects. While he had lost his own master and had been betrayed by another, he still knew of one: Master Yen Sid. However, after all of the damage he had caused, Terra felt uncertain about visiting the man again... So, from here on out, Terra was certain he would be all on his own.

The keyblade warrior said nothing further until they arrived at the cathedral. He only spoke again when the others began introducing themselves. "Terra," he told them, saying nothing else for a little while after stating his name. He looked over the map with the group, a frown formed on his lips. He really wasn't sure how exactly he could help these people out. Not without knowing more about the creatures first.

"I'm not sure how I can help you. I've never seen these creatures before today. I know nothing about them. I just arrived into town and bumped into America before these things attacked. She seems to know more about them than me." Terra paused to look at the map again. He wanted to suggest they just sit around and wait for the creatures to show up again. Once sighted again, they could hit the monsters with everything they had. But that was his own mind talking, and his own thoughts seemed to be getting him into trouble as of late... How would Master Eraqus or Aqua handle a situation like this one?

"The more knowledge we have about them the better," Terra decided to say after a moment. "What are they after? Why are they aggressive in the first place? Where do these creatures like to go? Do they have any weaknesses? America, anything you have to tell us about them would be helpful. If you don't know anything else, well, I'm afraid we have no way of tracking them down. All we can do is keep an eye out to see if they show up again."

@Jeremi

290.png

"The Dark Dimension," Terra repeated, placing a hand on his chin as he thought over her words. "That... definitely does not sound good." He quieted afterwards, not sure what else he could ask her about them. America honestly seemed baffled, as if she didn't entirely understand the situation herself. It was at times like this Terra missed having a wise master to seek council from about confusing subjects. While he had lost his own master and had been betrayed by another, he still knew of one: Master Yen Sid. However, after all of the damage he had caused, Terra felt uncertain about visiting the man again... So, from here on out, Terra was certain he would be all on his own.

The keyblade warrior said nothing further until they arrived at the cathedral. He only spoke again when the others began introducing themselves. "Terra," he told them, saying nothing else for a little while after stating his name. He looked over the map with the group, a frown formed on his lips. He really wasn't sure how exactly he could help these people out. Not without knowing more about the creatures first.

"I'm not sure how I can help you. I've never seen these creatures before today. I know nothing about them. I just arrived into town and bumped into America before these things attacked. She seems to know more about them than me." Terra paused to look at the map again. He wanted to suggest they just sit around and wait for the creatures to show up again. Once sighted again, they could hit the monsters with everything they had. But that was his own mind talking, and his own thoughts seemed to be getting him into trouble as of late... How would Master Eraqus or Aqua handle a situation like this one?

"The more knowledge we have about them the better," Terra decided to say after a moment. "What are they after? Why are they aggressive in the first place? Where do these creatures like to go? Do they have any weaknesses? America, anything you have to tell us about them would be helpful. If you don't know anything else, well, I'm afraid we have no way of tracking them down. All we can do is keep an eye out to see if they show up again."

@Jeremi

"We don't have the pleasure to sit around and roll our thumbs." Phoebus responded with a tinge of anger in his voice. "The longer we stand here the longer these monsters will destroy this city and terrorize its citizens!"

"Look all I know." America butted in before the captain of the guard had time to say anything else. "The Mindless Ones are well...it's in the name. They have someone pushing them, but who and how they got here is another thing entirely."

"That's not good enough!" Esmeralda shouted showing her displeasure as well. "You have to know more about!"

Before things could get any more heated Quasimodo would step between them all. "We are all friends here yes? I'm sure our visitors want to do everything they can to help us."

"We're not just gonna abandon you." America assured them. "It's just that...the whole situation's a bit balls."

Suddenly they could hear a commotion coming from outside the church doors as men started to shout and holler. The door would be pushed off its hinges as a soldier flew through landing on the ground next to the group. Phoebus reacted quickly and got down to check on him as a group of Mindless Ones walked through the entrance.

"The perfect position for a traitor like you." A menacing voice could be heard coming from behind the creatures. "On your knees." The chock on the three's faces was evident that they knew the man who was speaking.

"It can't be!" Quasimodo managed to stammer out. "You're dead! I saw you fall!"

"Not even the shackles of death could hold me, boy." The man emerged from behind the Mindless Ones.

"Not when there is still justice to be dealt."​

"We don't have the pleasure to sit around and roll our thumbs." Phoebus responded with a tinge of anger in his voice. "The longer we stand here the longer these monsters will destroy this city and terrorize its citizens!"

"Look all I know." America butted in before the captain of the guard had time to say anything else. "The Mindless Ones are well...it's in the name. They have someone pushing them, but who and how they got here is another thing entirely."

"That's not good enough!" Esmeralda shouted showing her displeasure as well. "You have to know more about!"

Before things could get any more heated Quasimodo would step between them all. "We are all friends here yes? I'm sure our visitors want to do everything they can to help us."

"We're not just gonna abandon you." America assured them. "It's just that...the whole situation's a bit balls."

Suddenly they could hear a commotion coming from outside the church doors as men started to shout and holler. The door would be pushed off its hinges as a soldier flew through landing on the ground next to the group. Phoebus reacted quickly and got down to check on him as a group of Mindless Ones walked through the entrance.

"The perfect position for a traitor like you." A menacing voice could be heard coming from behind the creatures. "On your knees." The chock on the three's faces was evident that they knew the man who was speaking.

"It can't be!" Quasimodo managed to stammer out. "You're dead! I saw you fall!"

"Not even the shackles of death could hold me, boy." The man emerged from behind the Mindless Ones.

"Not when there is still justice to be dealt."​
"I never said we'd just sit around and roll our thumbs. I'm saying if we wait for them to come to us, we may have a better chance of finding them rather than bothering to carry out a pointless search. And, it's as she says, we won't abandon you." Even if he wasn't in the greatest mood and didn't really want to help anyone right now, it was his duty. Terra couldn't turn away these people if they needed him. A bit of bickering commenced between the group, but thankfully they didn't have long to discuss their situation before they were interrupted.

Terra glared at the mindless ones, along with their new arrival, quickly moving to step between Quasimodo and the menacing man who seemed to be with the mindless ones. At least now they wouldn't have to argue about how to find them, but now they had an additional problem.

432.png

"Who are you? What is the meaning of this!?" the keyblade apprentice exclaimed, materializing his blade into his hand.

@Jeremi

"I never said we'd just sit around and roll our thumbs. I'm saying if we wait for them to come to us, we may have a better chance of finding them rather than bothering to carry out a pointless search. And, it's as she says, we won't abandon you." Even if he wasn't in the greatest mood and didn't really want to help anyone right now, it was his duty. Terra couldn't turn away these people if they needed him. A bit of bickering commenced between the group, but thankfully they didn't have long to discuss their situation before they were interrupted.

Terra glared at the mindless ones, along with their new arrival, quickly moving to step between Quasimodo and the menacing man who seemed to be with the mindless ones. At least now they wouldn't have to argue about how to find them, but now they had an additional problem.

432.png

"Who are you? What is the meaning of this!?" the keyblade apprentice exclaimed, materializing his blade into his hand.

@Jeremi

"Divine justice!" The man exclaimed. "Once I was Claude Frollo, struck down by heathens and monsters." The former judge glared at Quasimodo and Esmeralda before continuing. "I have been reborn to burn the ones that wronged me!"

America just rolled her eyes at the man. "You just sound like another crazy chollo who needs to get his ass kicked."

"Bah! A mere child like you could not understand the cause I follow!" Frollo responded as he came closer to the group. "I am however a reasonable man. Hand over Esmeralda and the entire city wont be burned to ashes."

Phoebus had heard enough of this. "Not on your life, judge!" Pulling his sword he'd swipe down at Frollo only for the sword to pass harmlessly through him. "W-what are you?"

A sick grin crept up on Frollo's face as he grabbed the captain of the guard up by his throat. "I am the cleansing fire of justice made flesh!" As he said that his free arm sparked aflame. "And you have been a thorn in my side long enough, captain! Feel the fire cleanse you of all sin!" To save the captain someone had to react fast.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Divine justice!" The man exclaimed. "Once I was Claude Frollo, struck down by heathens and monsters." The former judge glared at Quasimodo and Esmeralda before continuing. "I have been reborn to burn the ones that wronged me!"

America just rolled her eyes at the man. "You just sound like another crazy chollo who needs to get his ass kicked."

"Bah! A mere child like you could not understand the cause I follow!" Frollo responded as he came closer to the group. "I am however a reasonable man. Hand over Esmeralda and the entire city wont be burned to ashes."

Phoebus had heard enough of this. "Not on your life, judge!" Pulling his sword he'd swipe down at Frollo only for the sword to pass harmlessly through him. "W-what are you?"

A sick grin crept up on Frollo's face as he grabbed the captain of the guard up by his throat. "I am the cleansing fire of justice made flesh!" As he said that his free arm sparked aflame. "And you have been a thorn in my side long enough, captain! Feel the fire cleanse you of all sin!" To save the captain someone had to react fast.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Gazing hard as he analyzed Frollo, Terra couldn't help but feel a small amount of understanding when it came to the madman. The wielder could sense darkness in his heart, a pit of blackness that was consuming it. People like him are stubborn, set in their ways and bound to stumble. People like him are lost and help. Terra knew so due to personal experience. Still, that didn't mean he should be allowed to roam free and hurt others. Some people were beyond helping.

025.png

Gripping hard on the hilt of his blade, Terra spoke out against the judge. "You'd burn the whole city to the ground over one girl? America's right; you are crazy. We aren't handing her over. Stop this, or we'll have no choice but to stop you."

Seeing that Captain Phoebus made a move first, Terra remained defensive until he would witness the man's sword pass through the judge without injuring him. The keyblade wielder gasped. "How-- Phoebus!" he cried, watching as the man would grab the Captain by his throat.

"Stop!" he cried, dashing toward the judge when he would spark flames from his arm. He rushed into Phoebus, hoping to knock him free from the man's hold, before slashing the judge with his Earthshaker Keyblade. He fully expected his weapon to phase through the man just as the Captain's had done, but still he had to try something!

@Jeremi

Gazing hard as he analyzed Frollo, Terra couldn't help but feel a small amount of understanding when it came to the madman. The wielder could sense darkness in his heart, a pit of blackness that was consuming it. People like him are stubborn, set in their ways and bound to stumble. People like him are lost and help. Terra knew so due to personal experience. Still, that didn't mean he should be allowed to roam free and hurt others. Some people were beyond helping.

025.png

Gripping hard on the hilt of his blade, Terra spoke out against the judge. "You'd burn the whole city to the ground over one girl? America's right; you are crazy. We aren't handing her over. Stop this, or we'll have no choice but to stop you."

Seeing that Captain Phoebus made a move first, Terra remained defensive until he would witness the man's sword pass through the judge without injuring him. The keyblade wielder gasped. "How-- Phoebus!" he cried, watching as the man would grab the Captain by his throat.

"Stop!" he cried, dashing toward the judge when he would spark flames from his arm. He rushed into Phoebus, hoping to knock him free from the man's hold, before slashing the judge with his Earthshaker Keyblade. He fully expected his weapon to phase through the man just as the Captain's had done, but still he had to try something!

@Jeremi

Frollo's grip of the captain loosened as Terra made his move pushing the man back and allowing Captain Phoebus to escape, albeit clutching his throat in pain gasping for air. It seemed that Frollo still wasn't quite accustomed to his powers seeing how Terra had managed to catch him by surprise.

America too took a chance and flew towards him only for Frollo to put up a wall of flame between him and the group. "ENOUGH!" The anger in his voice seemed to cause the flames to grow ever higher. "You have all until tonight to decide your fate. Give me Esmeralda. Or the city will be purged from all sin in righteous fire!" The flames whipped against his face giving him a sinister look. "Is one life worth an entire city?" Frollo smirked. "I think we all know the answer."

Frollo vanished into the fire and the still standing Mindless Ones took their leave until the only ones left were the original group.

"That could have gone a lot better." America finally responded-

Esmeralda had in the meanwhile gone to Phoebus' side to cheek him over. "I have to turn myself in to him." She responded.

"Are you crazy?!" Her beloved responded in shock. "Who knows what he'll do to you!"

"We know what he will do if I don't go to him." Her heart ached but she knew that giving herself up was the only way to save Phoebus and the city.

Quasimodo looked around with a concerned look. "A-Are we sure there is nothing we can do?"

"Of course." America responded. "We kick his scrawny little ass into the ground."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Frollo's grip of the captain loosened as Terra made his move pushing the man back and allowing Captain Phoebus to escape, albeit clutching his throat in pain gasping for air. It seemed that Frollo still wasn't quite accustomed to his powers seeing how Terra had managed to catch him by surprise.

America too took a chance and flew towards him only for Frollo to put up a wall of flame between him and the group. "ENOUGH!" The anger in his voice seemed to cause the flames to grow ever higher. "You have all until tonight to decide your fate. Give me Esmeralda. Or the city will be purged from all sin in righteous fire!" The flames whipped against his face giving him a sinister look. "Is one life worth an entire city?" Frollo smirked. "I think we all know the answer."

Frollo vanished into the fire and the still standing Mindless Ones took their leave until the only ones left were the original group.

"That could have gone a lot better." America finally responded-

Esmeralda had in the meanwhile gone to Phoebus' side to cheek him over. "I have to turn myself in to him." She responded.

"Are you crazy?!" Her beloved responded in shock. "Who knows what he'll do to you!"

"We know what he will do if I don't go to him." Her heart ached but she knew that giving herself up was the only way to save Phoebus and the city.

Quasimodo looked around with a concerned look. "A-Are we sure there is nothing we can do?"

"Of course." America responded. "We kick his scrawny little ass into the ground."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
In a surprising turn of events, Terra found himself able to free the Captain. Although Phoebus was in pain, at least he had some time to get away. Terra jumped back, just in time for America to fly towards the judge and be blocked by a wall of flames. The young keyblade wielder gritted his teeth in response to the man's words, shaking his head in disagreement.

"The only one in this city that needs their sins purged is you," Terra hissed, gripping his keyblade with both hands as he would prepare for an attack of charged energy. Only this time, he wouldn't be able to hit the man. Vanishing into the flames, Frollo would be gone before anyone else in their group could make another move.

"Well, that's just great," Terra grumbled, allowing his weapon to vanish from his hands now that they were no longer being attacked. He turned to Esmeralda afterwards. "The Captain is right. Giving you over isn't our best option here, but we have to do something." Terra paused in order to think, knowing at a time like this Aqua would be able to come up with a plan. What could they do?

"I'm with America. I think we should fight him so we can stop him once and for all. If any of you have any bright ideas now would be the time to say them," he added, thinking of one idea he was unsure the others would agree with. "He wants Esmeralda. We could lure him to us by using her."

@Jeremi

Last edited by a moderator:
In a surprising turn of events, Terra found himself able to free the Captain. Although Phoebus was in pain, at least he had some time to get away. Terra jumped back, just in time for America to fly towards the judge and be blocked by a wall of flames. The young keyblade wielder gritted his teeth in response to the man's words, shaking his head in disagreement.

026.png

"The only one in this city that needs their sins purged is you," Terra hissed, gripping his keyblade with both hands as he would prepare for an attack of charged energy. Only this time, he wouldn't be able to hit the man. Vanishing into the flames, Frollo would be gone before anyone else in their group could make another move.

"Well, that's just great," Terra grumbled, allowing his weapon to vanish from his hands now that they were no longer being attacked. He turned to Esmeralda afterwards. "The Captain is right. Giving you over isn't our best option here, but we have to do something." Terra paused in order to think, knowing at a time like this Aqua would be able to come up with a plan. What could they do?

"I'm with America. I think we should fight him so we can stop him once and for all. If any of you have any bright ideas now would be the time to say them," he added, thinking of one idea he was unsure the others would agree with. "He wants Esmeralda. We could lure him to us by using her."

@Jeremi

Phoebus didn't like the sound of that. "No, we're not going to risk the safety of Esmeralda! I forbid it!"

Esmeralda on the other hand didn't like the sound of that. "You do not get to decide what I will and will not do! It's the only way!"

"But we don't have the means to fight him! Those powers, he's supernatural!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble." America said pointing towards herself and Terra. "That's why you got us here."

"...While both of you are strong in your own right. The man is now the very flames themselves! Not to mention his mindless slaves. How are we going to do anything to stop him?" Phoebus responded, clearly concerned for the safety of his betrothed and the city.

"Easy." America smirked.

MsA62_zps3dkv5bdf.png

"How do you kill fire? With water."

Phoebus wasn't quite sure what she was going with this. "Well...yes but."

"If Frollo wants her he's going to have to come and take her on our terms. What would you say is a good place that gives us an edge?"

Phoebus pondered the question but it was Quasimodo who answered. "The Pont Neuf. It's the oldest bridge in the city. Water on each side...that could be the trick."

America nodded. "That might just be it. Captain, get your soldiers to start a rumor mill. We're gonna ambush that pendejo give him a good punch in the face."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Phoebus didn't like the sound of that. "No, we're not going to risk the safety of Esmeralda! I forbid it!"

Esmeralda on the other hand didn't like the sound of that. "You do not get to decide what I will and will not do! It's the only way!"

"But we don't have the means to fight him! Those powers, he's supernatural!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble." America said pointing towards herself and Terra. "That's why you got us here."

"...While both of you are strong in your own right. The man is now the very flames themselves! Not to mention his mindless slaves. How are we going to do anything to stop him?" Phoebus responded, clearly concerned for the safety of his betrothed and the city.

"Easy." America smirked.

MsA62_zps3dkv5bdf.png

"How do you kill fire? With water."

Phoebus wasn't quite sure what she was going with this. "Well...yes but."

"If Frollo wants her he's going to have to come and take her on our terms. What would you say is a good place that gives us an edge?"

Phoebus pondered the question but it was Quasimodo who answered. "The Pont Neuf. It's the oldest bridge in the city. Water on each side...that could be the trick."

America nodded. "That might just be it. Captain, get your soldiers to start a rumor mill. We're gonna ambush that pendejo give him a good punch in the face."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Cut that out," Terra snapped when the pair would begin to argue. The wielder wasn't surprised that Phoebus in particular wasn't pleased with his idea, but what else could they really do? Thankfully, America would sooth their bickering with a good idea involving water. Terra gave a supportive nod, agreeing with the plan they pieced together.

056.png

"This just might work," the male commented, thoughtfully placing a hand on his chin. "He's powerful, so we should still be prepared for a fight whether we can get him in the water or not, but there's a good chance we can pull this off. Even if we can just weaken him, it'll make this easier."

Glancing to Phoebus he would add, "As America said, we'll leave you and your soldiers to get this started. In the mean time, we'll wait to ambush him when the time is right."

@Jeremi

Last edited by a moderator:
"Cut that out," Terra snapped when the pair would begin to argue. The wielder wasn't surprised that Phoebus in particular wasn't pleased with his idea, but what else could they really do? Thankfully, America would sooth their bickering with a good idea involving water. Terra gave a supportive nod, agreeing with the plan they pieced together.

141.png

"This just might work," the male commented, thoughtfully placing a hand on his chin. "He's powerful, so we should still be prepared for a fight whether we can get him in the water or not, but there's a good chance we can pull this off. Even if we can just weaken him, it'll make this easier."

Glancing to Phoebus he would add, "As America said, we'll leave you and your soldiers to get this started. In the mean time, we'll wait to ambush him when the time is right."

@Jeremi

Phoebus looked like he was going to object one final time but only ended up nodding. "Alright...I'll get my men on it. I'm not going to leave you out of my sight for the mean time Esmeralda."

"I'm glad you finally saw reason." She responded and gave him a kiss. "I'm going to be fine. Especially with these two here." She said motioning towards America and Terra.

"You know it." America responded before turning her attention to Terra. "Come on home slice. Let's see if we can find a good hiding spot at the bridge before our little meeting there later."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Phoebus looked like he was going to object one final time but only ended up nodding. "Alright...I'll get my men on it. I'm not going to leave you out of my sight for the mean time Esmeralda."

"I'm glad you finally saw reason." She responded and gave him a kiss. "I'm going to be fine. Especially with these two here." She said motioning towards America and Terra.

"You know it." America responded before turning her attention to Terra. "Come on home slice. Let's see if we can find a good hiding spot at the bridge before our little meeting there later."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
114.png

"Right, I'm ready when you are,"
Terra replied to America, giving her a small nod before glancing to the doors. He began to head out when his comrade was ready, careful to keep his guard up once the doors were opened. It was rare for the male to relax, and right now was no exception. He still had a lot of things on his mind, including the fact he still needed to locate the missing parts of his glider so he could leave this world.

"I hope this is over tonight," Terra muttered, looking straight ahead. "I need to search for my glider parts and re-assemble them soon so I can leave this place. It's not that the problems of this world aren't important, but... I have important things to do somewhere else."

@Jeremi

114.png

"Right, I'm ready when you are,"
Terra replied to America, giving her a small nod before glancing to the doors. He began to head out when his comrade was ready, careful to keep his guard up once the doors were opened. It was rare for the male to relax, and right now was no exception. He still had a lot of things on his mind, including the fact he still needed to locate the missing parts of his glider so he could leave this world.

"I hope this is over tonight," Terra muttered, looking straight ahead. "I need to search for my glider parts and re-assemble them soon so I can leave this place. It's not that the problems of this world aren't important, but... I have important things to do somewhere else."

@Jeremi

"Uh-huh..." America was only half listening to Terra as they stepped out on the cathedrals steps. With out warning she'd grab Terra around his waist and flew into the sky. "No time to waste. You sound like you're in a hurry anyway so..."

It wasn't long until they reached the bridge. America flew down on a nearby roof. Secluded enough to not be spotted by any stray Mindless Ones, but close enough to have a clear sight of the bridge. "And now we wait." There wasn't much else they could do until everything fell into place.

MsA48_zpswrsygxvv.png

"Though I've never been much of a waiter. They better turn up soon because I really need to punch someone."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Uh-huh..." America was only half listening to Terra as they stepped out on the cathedrals steps. With out warning she'd grab Terra around his waist and flew into the sky. "No time to waste. You sound like you're in a hurry anyway so..."

It wasn't long until they reached the bridge. America flew down on a nearby roof. Secluded enough to not be spotted by any stray Mindless Ones, but close enough to have a clear sight of the bridge. "And now we wait." There wasn't much else they could do until everything fell into place.

MsA48_zpswrsygxvv.png

"Though I've never been much of a waiter. They better turn up soon because I really need to punch someone."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Unprepared when America would grab him, a gasp escaped Terra's lips. "Whoa, hey!" he spat out, flailing his arms for a few seconds before his body became accustomed to the feeling of being in open air.

He relaxed when America would land on the top of a roof, releasing him for the time being. Folding his arms, the male would nod in agreement with his comrade. "I can agree with you there. I don't care for waiting, especially now of all times. My friends are in danger. I need to get back to them before it's too late."

136.png

Terra gazed down at the bridge, narrowing his eyes as he watched the water move beneath it. "Why did you come to this world?" he suddenly asked. "I've only known keyblade wielders who can travel between worlds. I've never met a traveler from another world who isn't one."

@Jeremi

Unprepared when America would grab him, a gasp escaped Terra's lips. "Whoa, hey!" he spat out, flailing his arms for a few seconds before his body became accustomed to the feeling of being in open air.

He relaxed when America would land on the top of a roof, releasing him for the time being. Folding his arms, the male would nod in agreement with his comrade. "I can agree with you there. I don't care for waiting, especially now of all times. My friends are in danger. I need to get back to them before it's too late."

136.png

Terra gazed down at the bridge, narrowing his eyes as he watched the water move beneath it. "Why did you come to this world?" he suddenly asked. "I've only known keyblade wielders who can travel between worlds. I've never met a traveler from another world who isn't one."

@Jeremi

"A real bummer finding you're not really special, huh?"
America asked Terra as she sat down leaning against the roof. "I wasn't heading here. I've always been able to travel through dimensions, but now I can also go through time." She sighed before continuing.

MsA61_zpsdbp84seu.png

"I just thought my powers were on the fritz. But something pulled me in and now I can't leave, and I have no idea why." She shrugged. "Hey doesn't matter. Good that I'm here so that we can kick some ass."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"A real bummer finding you're not really special, huh?" America asked Terra as she sat down leaning against the roof. "I wasn't heading here. I've always been able to travel through dimensions, but now I can also go through time." She sighed before continuing.

MsA61_zpsdbp84seu.png

"I just thought my powers were on the fritz. But something pulled me in and now I can't leave, and I have no idea why." She shrugged. "Hey doesn't matter. Good that I'm here so that we can kick some ass."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
A momentary grimace would cross Terra's features when he would hear America's comment, shaking his head in disagreement afterwards. "It's not that I'm worried about being special it's just--" The young man paused for a moment, trying to pinpoint his exact feeling on the matter. "It's just another reminder of how little I actually know about the world outside my own home."

Master was right not to grant me my own mastery. I'm not ready, for so many reasons...

original.png

"I can't leave either, so we have that in common," Terra would reply after hearing America state the same thing. "I don't mind a battle either. I just hope it's soon," he added, keeping up his rather reserved, stiff behavior. Despite his reply, Terra loved fighting. He just wasn't in the mood to get excited over a good battle after all he had been through.

"What are your plans after taking care of the problem trapping you in this world? Will you move on?" he questioned. Did she have family or friends somewhere out there like he did? Or was she just a lone wanderer? He was rather curious about this woman and her mysterious abilities.

@Jeremi